Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I should've worded that better. I meant rumors. Appearently, a guy guessed everything to happen this September perfectly in fire emblem heroes.

8 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

The fake you're probably thinking of are the Deidre and Sigurg art that were made as part of a joke banner. It seems the original post was deleted but here's what was on the leak: Aleaker that predicted back in August that a mini tempest trial would occur in September, as well as the twitter event with Narcian and the Whitewings. People initially disregarded it, but after these two points were proven to be true, people went back and saw he had also predicted a PoR banner with Elincia, Oscar and Nephenee, the Black Knight as a TT reward, a FE4 banner in October and an Alvis GHB to go along with it. He also added that L'Arachel wouldn't come out for at least another 2 month.

I see. I've heard about the guy a couple times here but I haven't actually seen the original post.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Okay, someone seriously needs to convince me not to put Distant Counter on Nowi for the extra 100 SP. I'm getting far too many 740's breaking my 742 Arena Assault streak.

The alternative is pulling for 2 more Gwendolyns to +10 my Gwendolyn. EDIT: And spending the 180,000 feathers to promote them all and 40,000 feathers for Aether and Drive Def 2.

18 minutes ago, Noir said:

Slightly off topic

Nothing that pertains to the game is off-topic here.

Edited by Ice Dragon

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Okay, someone seriously needs to convince me not to put Distant Counter on Nowi for the extra 100 SP. I'm getting far too many 740's breaking my 742 Arena Assault streak.

The alternative is pulling for 2 more Gwendolyns to +10 my Gwendolyn. EDIT: And spending the 180,000 feathers to promote them all and 40,000 feathers for Aether and Drive Def 2.

Sounds like she needs it on her, then xD 

Are there no other skills that take up more SP you can use instead? I have no clue about that kind of thing, sadly. That's about as far as my attempt at convincing can go >.<

Also, I forgot just how adorable Oscar is. He's -Spd but I'm still so glad to have him. He's just absolutely lovely all round :) 

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Sounds like she needs it on her, then xD 

Are there no other skills that take up more SP you can use instead? I have no clue about that kind of thing, sadly. That's about as far as my attempt at convincing can go >.<

I currently have Rally Def/Res, Aether, Quick Riposte 3, and Drive Def 2 on all 4 members, which are all the highest-SP skills for each slot (excluding Beorc's Blessing and Sacae's Blessing). Effie and Sheena have Distant Counter, which is also the highest-SP skill for the slot. None of the characters I'm using have 400-SP weapon options.

The only improvements I can make are:

• Give Tiki Distant Counter (+100 SP), which is not an option because she needs Triangle Adept to tank forever.
  • Give Nowi Distant Counter (+100 SP) and put her in instead of Fae.
  • Give Fae Distant Counter (+100 SP).
  • Switch out Fae for Gwendolyn and max her out (+100 SP and +7 base stats).

The first three only cost one Hector, but give me lower payout since I can't guarantee +100 SP is enough to filter out the trash 740-point opponents. The last one is expensive (220,000 feathers out of my 290,000 stock), but has better payout (and puts me closer to maxing out an armor team).

Ugh.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I currently have Rally Def/Res, Aether, Quick Riposte 3, and Drive Def 2 on all 4 members, which are all the highest-SP skills for each slot (excluding Beorc's Blessing and Sacae's Blessing). Effie and Sheena have Distant Counter, which is also the highest-SP skill for the slot. None of the characters I'm using have 400-SP weapon options.

The only improvements I can make are:

• Give Tiki Distant Counter (+100 SP), which is not an option because she needs Triangle Adept to tank forever.
  • Give Nowi Distant Counter (+100 SP) and put her in instead of Fae.
  • Give Fae Distant Counter (+100 SP).
  • Switch out Fae for Gwendolyn and max her out (+100 SP and +7 base stats).

The first three only cost one Hector, but give me lower payout since I can't guarantee +100 SP is enough to filter out the trash 740-point opponents. The last one is expensive (220,000 feathers out of my 290,000 stock), but has better payout (and puts me closer to maxing out an armor team).

Ugh.

From the sounds of it, then, it'd be best to go for the last option, meaning no need to sacrifice a Hector :) Especially since it sounds like you'd be looking to do it sooner or later anyway, so might as well make a start... I mean, I only tend to have about 20k feathers on me at any one point but they rack up very quickly even for me, so I'm sure they'd soon rack up again :D 

Edited by Cute Chao

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Gwendolyn. I need 2 more to get mine to +10.

I wish I could throw one of my extras at you.  But alas. . .all I can do is wish you good luck!

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I wish I could throw one of my extras at you.  But alas. . .all I can do is wish you good luck!

Well, I cleared out some more space and did 8 more pulls to clean out my orbs. Got one more.

But goddamn, why did both of them have to be 3 stars? That's like 38 more levels I need to grind.

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

"I need Gwendolyn and the gacha keep giving me this stinking Elincia"

Whales are something else

Ikr.

The two Elincias were [+Spd, -Res] and [+Atk, -Res], though, so I really can't complain.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ikr.

The two Elincias were [+Spd, -Res] and [+Atk, -Res], though, so I really can't complain.

At least I got my +atk/-def Elincia from my free summon. On the topic of that, I feel like I should've given one of my other fliers goad fliers instead of Elincia and given her fortify when I get a Caeda.

30 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ur doing this on purpose aren't you

I would spend but my parents would give me shit about spending real currency for some type of in-game currency. Not that they're wrong for it or anything.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If they plan to give us Leif, unless they take the cheap way out and throw him the Bragi Sword, he will have the Light Brand and DeNA will have to confront the magic weapon issue. Its confounding in his case since Light = Blue or Green and Sword = Red, plus FEH doesn't do 1-2 range. My best guess would be to give the weapon natural 2 range, Green or Blue coloring, Res targeting, and add natural CC to it, but make it count as a Sword so Leif can inherit other blades. Hopefully that wouldn't be too hard to program. I don't know what it should count as for -breakers though. 

On the Magic side- DeNA did invent a bunch of new tomes for Heroes with the -owls, -ravens, -wolfs, and -blades. They could invent a -bull series that deals physical damage. Or they could give us really high powered range 1 tomes called -ram suited for mages who are physically bulky. Or how about a Reverie Staff that flips the enemy's Def and Res after being attacked?

As for Tomahawks, Javelins and the like. Either restrict to 2 range, in which case they'll be fine as long as DeNA remembers Bows and Daggers exist. Or if they have inbuilt DC, give them low Might and perhaps either no Special trigger or halved Special damage from range. So you're choosing between an enemy phase boost and having a stronger player phase. Sure it'll be worse than having DC, but given thats only obtainable from one unit, its something somebody not named Moby could consider.

That is an interesting concept, making the weapon's color separate from the character's color.

They did not invent a lot of stuff for physical melee weapons though, I think Gem Weapons were the only thing they invented in that department. I hope they can implement more types of weapons. I like the Bull, Ram, and Reverie Staff idea. I wish they would implement the Berserk Staff too, although that might make certain battles too easy.

Tomahawks and Spears are restricted to two range in Fates, but Hand Axes and Javelins are both ranges. I am fine with them locking melee weapons to either 1 range or 2 range on Player Phase since it is kind of difficult to do the swiping thing on the phone with 1-2 range weapons; the game can interpret the finger movement as attacking from melee or attacking from a distance, and it is kind of hard to tell.

10 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Brash Assault? I prefer Desperation or Drag Back. With the TT bonus she shouldn't have too much trouble KO'ing with advantage while moving back to make the Dancer's life easier. Mine is +Spd though.

I tried out Reciprocal Aid + Brash Assault on my -Speed Lyn with some decent results so I gonna run it again with my -Speed Elincia in the upcoming POR TT. Unfortunately I don't have a second Bartre so she can always run Drag Back in the mean time. I usually don't run Dancers during TT mainly because my Olivia is at max HM and I don't have either of the blue dancers. 

2 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

I tried out Reciprocal Aid + Brash Assault on my -Speed Lyn with some decent results so I gonna run it again with my -Speed Elincia in the upcoming POR TT. Unfortunately I don't have a second Bartre so she can always run Drag Back in the mean time. I usually don't run Dancers during TT mainly because my Olivia is at max HM and I don't have either of the blue dancers. 

Brash Assault works on Lyn because she has built in desperation. Elincia does not, so I honestly don't see it working well.

10 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Brash Assault works on Lyn because she has built in desperation. Elincia does not, so I honestly don't see it working well.

I thought BA was just a more specific Desperation. Seems like I don't understand this skill like I thought I did.

10 minutes ago, Zeo said:

So like... what about Horse Daggers? Could that ever be a thing and would it be useful?

Its still a dagger

So its about as useful as a Dagger would be, which is to say Poison Dagger with a custom set is actually legit

1 minute ago, tobuShogi said:

I thought BA was just a more specific Desperation. Seems like I don't understand this skill like I thought I did.

Brash makes you double if the enemy can counter (regardless of your speed): you – enemy counters – you double – enemy doubles if they can.

Desperation makes your double hit before the enemy counters (if and only if you can double to begin with): you – you double – enemy counters.

Brash Desperation (Sol Katti Lyn) always doubles against non-Firesweep melees (unless Swordbreaker and 5+ higher Spd) and hits twice before they counter.