Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

11 hours ago, Quintessence said:

They've never added tomes or breath that deal physical damage

A bit late to the party here, but PoR/RD did actually have some physical Breath attacks. Red and Black Breath (Ena and Gareth for the former, Kurthnaga and Dheginsea for the latter) Were both Strength based. I guess White breath was too, in PoR, but they changed it to Magic in RD (Sorry Nasir!)

I'm pretty sure there weren't any physical tomes though. As far as other weapons go, however - Fates alone has a ton of weapons they could draw from to mess with the damage being dealt, as well as other tools that've yet to be tapped. Flame Shuriken/Shining Bow for Colorless magic damage. Barb Shuriken (Special -1), Hunter's Knife (Beastslayer), Soldier's Knife (Brave), and Sting Shuriken (Armorslayer) for dagger variety. Just as some examples.

There are of course also the Bolt Axe/Wind Sword/Flame Lance as well for the primary weapon classes for altering damage type, and Storm Sword/Tomahawk/Spear for giving the melee classes a ranged option.

Still plenty they can do to shake things up. Sadly, just not as much for mages, though there are still tomes like Nosferatu they could introduce for giving magic more shenanigans or (heaven forbid in a battlefield of this size) the siege tomes Tornado/Meteor/Bolting (At which point if they go that route, they may as well introduce Ballisticians as well)

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Ugh, even after fully building Gwendolyn, I still can't clear all the trash 740-point opponents. I'm lucky just to get 4 742-point opponents in a row, much less 7. My best streak so far has been 6.

All these people with 740-point teams suck.

I wish I had pulled 4 more Ikes during the banner.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Death Blow banner!

My free pull gave me an archer.

It’s 4★ Def/Res Leon. Okay.

It's destiny!

As in, you'll eventually pull a +Atk Leon.  He really likes Death Blow!

14 minutes ago, eclipse said:

It's destiny!

Leon is a goal of mine, but Death Blow is not the A slot I'm thinking of. I'm thinking of sacrificing a... different member of the TKJ in service to him.

Welp, a banner I can pass on. Thanks for the free F!Corrin though.

@mcsilas Hadn't thought of a Poison Dagger+ Horse unit. Dangerous but also niche. The Dagger units really need something new to make them stand out.

Edited by Zeo

Fuck you, Arena Assault. That was probably the least enjoyable 6 hours of my... past week or so.

Spoiler

RdVTvxd.jpg

God, now I have to do actual Arena. I swore I'd do it with a full Brave Heroes team, but I only have two of them trained and none of them merged and none of their builds decided and... ugh. Fml.

28 minutes ago, eclipse said:

It's destiny!

I’m playing Gaiden at the moment, and he probably came to mock me and my genius tactics.

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

whoa, somebody on this subforum actually plays Fire emblem games??

I played FE6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. I don't have a Nintendo DS, only reason I didn't get Awakening and Fates.

7 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I've got a current file of SoV, too, but I haven't gone to it in a while. I've also got a Mystery playthrough (original, both books) and Genealogy ready to do after that.

I believe I am missing only 6 4* units- Jeorge, Sheena, Leon, Roy, Eirika, and Seth. It's probably technically correct to append the Black Knight to that list, but he's not released yet.

23 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I've beaten all of them except 1, 2, 3 (can't really be bothered when they each have superior remakes) and 5 (because I'm too scared of its difficulty)

14 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I believe I am missing only 6 4* units- Jeorge, Sheena, Leon, Roy, Eirika, and Seth. It's probably technically correct to append the Black Knight to that list, but he's not released yet.

Sheena still has yet to come around for me as well and is the only remaining Day One 4-5* hero I don't have. Aside from her, I'm down to just Mae, Roderick and Seth as my missing 4-5* heroes. 

54 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Why, yes.

Shall I regale you the tale of how my Leon allowed me to beat the final boss in SoV?

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Welp, a banner I can pass on. Thanks for the free F!Corrin though.

@mcsilas Hadn't thought of a Poison Dagger+ Horse unit. Dangerous but also niche. The Dagger units really need something new to make them stand out.

Sadly dagger units are too niche.

But the thought of a mage killer cavalry Restank with Poison Dagger/Rogue Dagger, Distant Def and Fortify Cav buffs sounds fun as anti-mage unit. (Cavalry Felicia basically but has access to +6 buffs). Oh and maybe Cancel Affinity, too.

Hmmm I wonder if i should promote the +Atk Jeorge I pulled. He needs a lot of skill inheritnace though, and Klein is perfectively serviceable and is my most used unit because of max SP/HM. I don't really hear much about Jeorges though

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Why, yes.

Shall I regale you the tale of how my Leon allowed me to beat the final boss in SoV?

Probably beats my first clear. I knew only Alm and Nosferatu could damage him, but I did not know that that only applied towards the end of the fight, and did the entire thing with Alm. (Faye wasn't a Cleric, so I didn't have a reliable Nosferatu attacker). It took a while, considering the 200HP, and I was starting to think I was doing something wrong.

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Sadly dagger units are too niche.

But the thought of a mage killer cavalry Restank with Poison Dagger/Rogue Dagger, Distant Def and Fortify Cav buffs sounds fun as anti-mage unit. (Cavalry Felicia basically but has access to +6 buffs). Oh and maybe Cancel Affinity, too.

Hmmm I wonder if i should promote the +Atk Jeorge I pulled. He needs a lot of skill inheritnace though, and Klein is perfectively serviceable and is my most used unit because of max SP/HM. I don't really hear much about Jeorges though

Dagger units need something like... idk.

Affinity Resolve: If unit is below 75%, unit gains 10% Weapon triangle advantage over enemy. (Colorless Dagger only)

25 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Affinity Resolve: If unit is below 75%, unit gains 10% Weapon triangle advantage over enemy. (Colorless Dagger only)

With the way Colorless work as a color a general purpose nuke with specialization is pretty much the only thing they can do well

They cant be a generalist because offense is strong and they are limited by BST(for all the mocking he got Viriion actually had a well distributed stats in this regard) and they cant be a counterpick for the most part since they dont get WTA or WTD. 

I dare say Bow would be shiet if not for Firesweep and Brave. Only Dagger who was considered good was Kagero and she was Brave Bow Takumi 0.75

@SatsumaFSoysoy I prefer straight pairing tho

25 minutes ago, Zeo said:

With the way Colorless work as a color a general purpose nuke with specialization is pretty much the only thing they can do well

They cant be a generalist because offense is strong and they are limited by BST(for all the mocking he got Viriion actually had a well distributed stats in this regard) and they cant be a counterpick for the most part since they dont get WTA or WTD. 

I dare say Bow would be shiet if not for Firesweep and Brave. Only Dagger who was considered good was Kagero and she was Brave Bow Takumi 0.75

@SatsumaFSoysoy I prefer straight pairing tho

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

I've beaten all of them except 1, 2, 3 (can't really be bothered when they each have superior remakes) and 5 (because I'm too scared of its difficulty).

Oh wow, that's exactly my clear list. I really need to finish 5 at some point...

45 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Probably beats my first clear. I knew only Alm and Nosferatu could damage him, but I did not know that that only applied towards the end of the fight, and did the entire thing with Alm. (Faye wasn't a Cleric, so I didn't have a reliable Nosferatu attacker). It took a while, considering the 200HP, and I was starting to think I was doing something wrong.

Trying stuff out is a very good tactic in that game. I really don't like how they don't tell you anything about the mechanics behind Duma and Jedah...

10 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Oh wow, that's exactly my clear list. I really need to finish 5 at some point...

Trying stuff out is a very good tactic in that game. I really don't like how they don't tell you anything about the mechanics behind Duma and Jedah...

They do tell you about Jedah mechanic ot at least the swamp once

Its just very cryptic

7 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

They do? Intresting. Guess I'll try reading things a bit more carefully next time.

An NPC in Lost Treescape says "4... 8... 12..." and then goes away, meaning you better have paid attention the first time.

After that, you're on your own.