Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

17 hours ago, Hilda said:

poor Takumi... how he has fallen from once the Meta defining unit to a Close Counter fodder lol. I support your choice! I am building myself a +10 5 Star Boey that is running Close Counter!

As the only CC source, he still gets plenty of attention. And he gets lots of massages, food, entertainment, and just about everything good and sweet one could ask for in life. 

Until he is thrown upon the altar shirtless, the dagger swiftly penetrates his flesh and his heart is offered to the gods! (Necessary for the skill transference to happen.) He is then tossed into a canyon, and returns to the world from which he was taken. Heartless, but a fragment of his soul endures. His twisted existence unnoticed by all around him, becomes his tragic, suffering laden downfall.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Unless there are more than one, like those with Alm’s and Celica’s armies. This I can get behind.

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Agreed there. I wouldn't mind six Jugdral people (three male, three female. I also really don't want any more female weighted banners -.- )

Do we do 1 3 char banner male, and 1 3 char banner female? Or do we one for each generation? I hope for the former, and they can save the kiddos for next year.

Sigurd and Deidre are duhs at this point. But who else? Quan and Ethlyn are okay, but I'd really like Lewyn (he and Brigid- both Holy Weapon Wielders- might be saved for later though. Just as L'Arachel and Joshua aren't in yet from SS, or Kliff from SoV- gotta save a few goodies). Lex, Azelle (promoted that is), Midale, and Dew could all add a little variety, so I'd like at least one of them.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Other than Dierdre, I'm pretty confident that this banner will stick to characters that join in FE4's Prologue. Probably Sigurd/Dierdre/Quan/Ethlyn (or just the first three if it really is still just three for some reason), but things can be a bit unpredictable. I'd certainly like Lweyn to be added sometime, but I think he'll be a later addition.

14 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

My army could use some more male additions lol There are like five 5* male units that I actually use. They need to release Xander again already

I'm been doing the lower level Chain Challenges since there's not much left for me to do. I've already trained up a good number of 3* units that are ready for a 4* promotion so I can use them for SI. 

Hopefully they rerun them soon. I'd be lost without my Xander. :O

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do we do 1 3 char banner male, and 1 3 char banner female? Or do we one for each generation? I hope for the former, and they can save the kiddos for next year.

Sigurd and Deidre are duhs at this point. But who else? Quan and Ethlyn are okay, but I'd really like Lewyn (he and Brigid- both Holy Weapon Wielders- might be saved for later though. Just as L'Arachel and Joshua aren't in yet from SS, or Kliff from SoV- gotta save a few goodies). Lex, Azelle (promoted that is), Midale, and Dew could all add a little variety, so I'd like at least one of them.

While I would love Ares, I would agree that I think some of the first gen should come in first. I'd love Midir as a male cavalry bow unit, especially :D

...Though when I first saw his manual official art... I thought he was female xD

I'd expect Quan and Ethlyn, but then the first RD unit we got was Sanaki and the first Thracia ones are Reinhardt and Olwen, so who can really say?

Ira could be a good third female, since I think she's one of the more popular fe4 characters.

Edited by Cute Chao

On 10/11/2017 at 12:20 PM, Cute Chao said:

While I would love Ares, I would agree that I think some of the first gen should come in first. I'd love Midir as a male cavalry bow unit, especially :D

I'd expect Quan and Ethlyn, but then the first RD unit we got was Sanaki and the first Thracia ones are Reinhardt and Olwen, so who can really say?

...Though when I first saw his manual official art... I thought he was female xD

Ira could be a good third female, since I think she's one of the more popular fe4 characters.

Midir (gotta remember his currently official name) might have an uphill battle finding a use since CYLyn is so good already, but lets face it- more horses are never bad. Unless you happen to the guy cleaning the Askr stables.

And yeah, the manual art doesn't do him any favors:

Spoiler

Midayle.jpg

I don't know why it doubled itself.

I feel they missed an opportunity with Ayra's name. Ayra is a great name sure, but they could have done Ayla. The name of the great cavewoman of Chrono Trigger who kills everything with her fists! Both games are SNES masterpieces in their own way, why not establish the superficial bond between the two?

And since you mentioned Sanaki, will RD have to wait until '18 for its Heroes debut? Or may December or November bring Micaiah and Sothe to Askr? Since we just got three more Crimeans and the BK, Tellius might have to wait a while before it makes a return. We might get Awakening and or Fates round 2 before that happens.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Midir (gotta remember his currently official name) might have an uphill battle finding a use since CYLyn is so good already, but lets face it- more horses are never bad. Unless you happen to the guy cleaning the Askr stables.

And yeah, the manual art doesn't do him any favors:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.ac0256398d18b6f38b53ee7c41c64b7f.pngMidayle.jpg

I don't know why it doubled itself.

I feel they missed an opportunity with Ayra's name. Ayra is a great name sure, but they could have done Ayla. The name of the great cavewoman of Chrono Trigger who kills everything with her fists! Both games are SNES masterpieces in their own way, why not establish the superficial bond between the two?

And since you mentioned Sanaki, will RD have to wait until '18 for its Heroes debut? Or may December or November bring Micaiah and Sothe to Askr? Since we just got three more Crimeans and the BK, Tellius might have to wait a while before it makes a return. We might get Awakening and or Fates round 2 before that happens.

I'd still use him over Brave Lyn where I could xD I'm not hugely fussed on how Lyn is in Heroes... Plus I always like having a choice of units. Like Olwen and Reinhardt are very different units but they both have their strengths... even if Reinhardt does edge Olwen out both with best build and starting build...

...I also feel sorry for whichever poor sap is left to clean my stables xD All the horses! So many!

They don't seem to like Tellius. It got so shafted this last month, when it felt like it was meant to be in focus (at least with both a themed full TT and a lord in a banner), that it left me highly irritated. Four units overall? SoV got six units, a GHB and a TT!

While I didn't expect a six unit banner, a three unit banner, no GHB and a GHB unit as a TT really stank -.-

16 minutes ago, Othin said:

Other than Dierdre, I'm pretty confident that this banner will stick to characters that join in FE4's Prologue. Probably Sigurd/Dierdre/Quan/Ethlyn (or just the first three if it really is still just three for some reason), but things can be a bit unpredictable. I'd certainly like Lweyn to be added sometime, but I think he'll be a later addition.

That's what I think as well. It's a nice setup for a banner.

- Sigurd with tweaked Tyrfing

- Deidre with a tweaked Aura tome, FEH original tome or staff

- Quan with Gáe Bolg

- Ethlyn with Light Brand, FEH original sword or staff cav (watch them make her into cav Elincia)

If anything, it should be good for Horse Emblem people. 

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

That's what I think as well. It's a nice setup for a banner.

This is the exact composition I have in mind: sword cavalier Sigurd with a better Tyrfing, green mage Deirdre with psychedelic Aura, lance cavalier Quan with Gáe Bolg, and Ethlyn as a troubadour: we haven’t had a new healer since Bridal Lyn back in August.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Sigurd with an actually good Tyrfing would be awesome. I want Deirdre to also be on the banner and not suck too much. If I can’t have the daughter, I must have the mother!

Wait, that sounded weird.

You definitely want Naga's Holy Blood!

As a parenthesis, I find super lame and weird that the red mage on the BHB has Bolganone and not Rauđhrraven (don't correct me Vax! Keyboard sux).

On Genealogy subject, what track do you think will they use? And what maps/chapters will they introduce?

It'd be cool if they show all the 5 chapters, or at least Prologue, 1, 2, 4 and 5 (3 not included because Raquesis and Eltoshan already appear on the siblings paralogue).

Prologue can feature Sigurd

Chapter 1 can show off Diadora

Chapter 2 can show Beowuld or Levyn/Sylvia

Chapter 4 can bring up Fury in the snowy peaks of Silessia

And Chapter 5 can be the Yied Massacre showcasing Quan and Travant (hinting the next TT being FE4 based, plus Arvis GHB).

but that makes 5 characters on a banner rip

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

You definitely want Naga's Holy Blood!

I do want either of the Heim ladies. Or both.

As for the track, I’m thinking of Birth of a Crusader or Spirit Forest’s Maiden. Eldigan’s ship has already sailed, so no way we’re getting Eldigan the Lionheart.

Versus Arvis or Emperor Arvis would have been awesome for the GHB itself if they do use different themes for GHBs. Do they? I usually play with sound muted.

ð ð ð ð ð ð ð ð ð ð ð

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This is the exact composition I have in mind: sword cavalier Sigurd with a better Tyrfing, green mage Deirdre with psychedelic Aura, lance cavalier Quan with Gáe Bolg, and Ethlyn as a troubadour: we haven’t had a new healer since Bridal Lyn back in August.

Quan is a given, same with Ethlyn to a lesser degree. I'm wondering what they'll do with Deirdre though. It would be cool if they made her silence staff work somehow, more varied staff users would be really cool. Green mage is the safer option for her though.

Tyrfing probably needs a buff to make Sigurd worth pulling for, but I'm really wondering what they could possibly do to make him comparable to Xander and/or Brave!Roy. Actually, same with Quan compared to other blue horses. It's a shame that legendary weapons only gave stat buffs in FE4.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And we haven't had a cav healer since Priscilla months ago. 

6 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

And we haven't had a cav healer since Priscilla months ago. 

Whom I still don’t have. Precisely. There are three cav healers in the game now, and one of them is 5★-locked. Need more!

Sigurd/Deirdre/Quan/Ethlyn is not only balanced by gender, it also is balanced by colour. A dream banner.

Edited by Vaximillian

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Tyrfing also gives Miracle! :3

New Tyrfing: 16 mt, wielder survives one would be lethal hit per battle.

This actually sound more intresting then broken. It would be a pain to go up against though.

15 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

we haven’t had a new healer since Bridal Lyn back in August.

Shouldn't we hold off on these until they "fix" healers or have a clear plan to do so? What is the point in getting Ethlyn (who we don't know if she'd be a fix or not in advance) if she'd be relegated to the relative trash heap from the moment we see her stats and skills?

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Tyrfing also gives Miracle! :3

Ah yes, the awesome "gives Avoid = to (11 - Remaining HP)x10" for one full turn version. Heroes could use a "super Miracle" (how about a partial HP restore of ~15-20 points, on activation?) for sure. Call it... what? Intervention? Salvation? True Miracle?

Also, the Tyrfing's main trait is mega Resistance (which for some reason Seliph's forgot), maybe Sigurd will be windproof, and ironically rather fire resistant.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Sigurd/Deirdre/Quan/Ethlyn is not only balanced by gender, it also is balanced by colour. A dream banner.

Assuming Green Deirdre and not Blue. Or that she wouldn't be staff shafted.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Assuming Green Deirdre and not Blue. Or that she wouldn't be staff shafted.

A cat can dream. A cat wants Deirdre to be green. A cat can hope.

Same for Ethlyn. They might have invented a way to improve healers.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

A cat can dream. A cat wants Deirdre to be green. A cat can hope.

Why hope when you already rule the Internets and isn't dreaming what you lazy felines do half the time? (Although dogs I admit do it 3/4s of the time from personal experience.)

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I do want either of the Heim ladies. Or both.

As for the track, I’m thinking of Birth of a Crusader or Spirit Forest’s Maiden. Eldigan’s ship has already sailed, so no way we’re getting Eldigan the Lionheart.

Versus Arvis or Emperor Arvis would have been awesome for the GHB itself if they do use different themes for GHBs. Do they? I usually play with sound muted.

ð ð ð ð ð ð ð ð ð ð ð

Mute? Laaame and boooringggg. Bring music to your ears :awesome:

My guess is either Ch 5 track or the best of all FE tracks: Disturbance at Augustria

ð Copied!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why hope when you already rule the Internets and isn't dreaming what you lazy felines do half the time? (Although dogs I admit do it 3/4s of the time from personal experience.)

We catfolk aren’t lazying around, thank you very much. We protect weak humans from the demons of the night (and not only).

@Quintessence: Disturbance in Agustria is a very good track too. The whole score is very good. By Naga, I hope for the remake of Genealogy just so that the music can be improved even more.

E:SoV’s soundtrack was awesome.

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Mute? Laaame and boooringggg. Bring music to your ears :awesome:

My guess is either Ch 5 track or the best of all FE tracks: Disturbance at Augustria

ð Copied!

I'd go with Light and Dark from Ch 10 or The Final Holy War from the endgame. 

@Interdimensional Observer 2 colorless units on the banner would be a terrible idea and Deidre is too plot-relevant to be relegated to staff support. Well, we will know soon enough. 

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Heroes is damn casual with spoilers. I mean, seriously:

And so on. Yeah, spoilers, who cares.

I'm glad I finished most of the Fire Emblem games before Heroes came out, so they didn't affect me much. Except for Radiant Dawn, and I'm pretty sure Soren spoils something about himself that's supposed to be a secret until then. So, thanks, Soren; and here I thought you were the quiet and reserved one.

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ok thanks, I lack a lot of background info. Perhaps I will play some of the newer FE titles in the future, but its still uncertain when. 

If/when you do play one, I definitely wouldn't recommend Shadow Dragon as your first game, although I guess it doesn't really count as "new" anymore anyway. Sacred Stones and Awakening were my first two, and FE7 works well as an introduction point, so if you ever get around to it and you have a GBA/Wii U or 3DS, I'd recommend one of those.

For the Genealogy banner, I kinda hope they take units besides Deirdre from Chapter 1 as well (Ayra and Jamke would be very tempting to pull for), but Quan and Ethlyn would be nice too. The Gáe Bolg better be outstanding, though; I'm not sure my heart could take it if Altena ends up in the same boat as Seliph.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

The Gáe Bolg better be outstanding, though; I'm not sure my heart could take it if Altena ends up in the same boat as Seliph.

Well if they by some small chance make Chu Chulainn's spear of doom underpowered for Quan, they could have a "Inherited/Light (in reference to the 2nd Gen's first chapter title- "Light Inheritors") Gae Bolg" for Altena, which is different from the one Quan gets. We don't know if they'd do this for sure until Sigurd gets in and we can see his Tyrfing.

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Flashbacks of the Blazing Shadows banner. Four greys. Never again.

Colorless hell is only hell by virtue of having few good units. That can always be fixed with new additions! Never give up the hope that Reform. Is. Possible! 

*Uses Rally Heart on this entire forum*

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well if they by some small chance make Chu Chulainn's spear of doom underpowered for Quan, they could have a "Inherited/Light (in reference to the 2nd Gen's first chapter title- "Light Inheritors") Gae Bolg" for Altena, which is different from the one Quan gets. We don't know if they'd do this for sure until Sigurd gets in and we can see his Tyrfing.

True, but hopefully it won't come to that; I like Quan as well, so it'd be a shame if he gets the poor version. Like what might happen with Seliph... Gah, the Tyrfing question is the biggest thing I want answered by this banner now.

Looking at the wiki, I'm not really sure what they could even give the Gáe Bolg as its passive. It gives +10 to Strength, Skill, and Defense in Genealogy, +10 to just Strength in Thracia (along with a ton of skills though, which could be options), and +5 to Defense in Awakening. They normally seem to go off of Awakening, but both Tyrfing and Vidofnir have Def-related passives already. And if Gáe Bolg gets Armored Blow 2 as its passive (which I don't think has been used yet?)... I don't even want to think about that.

Is there already a personal weapon that has Vantage 2 built in? That's one of the skills it gives in Thracia, which could work alright in Heroes. Nihil, Wrath, and Charm are the others. Guard could kinda work as a representation of Nihil I guess, and Wrath would be an interesting skill to bring back in a personal weapon so soon after its introduction. Charm could give Support-like bonuses potentially, as well.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

True, but hopefully it won't come to that; I like Quan as well, so it'd be a shame if he gets the poor version. Like what might happen with Seliph... Gah, the Tyrfing question is the biggest thing I want answered by this banner now.

Looking at the wiki, I'm not really sure what they could even give the Gáe Bolg as its passive. It gives +10 to Strength, Skill, and Defense in Genealogy, +10 to just Strength in Thracia (along with a ton of skills though, which could be options), and +5 to Defense in Awakening. They normally seem to go off of Awakening, but both Tyrfing and Vidofnir have Def-related passives already. And if Gáe Bolg gets Armored Blow 2 as its passive (which I don't think has been used yet?)... I don't even want to think about that.

Is there already a personal weapon that has Vantage 2 built in? That's one of the skills it gives in Thracia, which could work alright in Heroes. Nihil, Wrath, and Charm are the others. Guard could kinda work as a representation of Nihil I guess, and Wrath would be an interesting skill to bring back in a personal weapon so soon after its introduction. Charm could give Support-like bonuses potentially, as well.

I think Bruno's weapon has build in vantage.