Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Female Robin and Ursula are great units for the Chapter 9 maps.

Map 9-1 cleared using Lyn, Cordelia, F!Robin, and Lissa (this was before getting Ursula though).

Maps 9-2 and 9-3 cleared using Lyn, F!Robin, Ursula, and Olivia.

Map 9-4 cleared using Lyn, F!Robin, Olivia, and Lissa.

Have yet to attempt 9-5; contemplating Lyn, Ursula, Olivia, and either Lissa or F!Robin.

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Cavalry team is really fun to run with. It took quite a bit of experimenting in the Arena to nail down the playstyle, but I think they are really meant for reactionary offense instead of defensive counter kind of play, even without Reinhardt or Eldigan. Think I had a round where I swept everything in one turn.

It's a damn shame my Eliwood is just a few atk away from one-shotting Takumi. Wish I had a Reinhardt for his sweet sweet Goad Cavalry.

Edited by pianime94

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, Merric is OP. He seems to have a skill that nearly wipes out your HP if you touch him. That's messed up as hell.

Huh? He only has a 5-action-cooldown AoE. Granted, it does hit hard against somebody with low Res, but it's not immediately deadly.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Huh? He only has a 5-action-cooldown AoE. Granted, it does hit hard against somebody with low Res, but it's not immediately deadly.

It's wiped out my units HP almost entirely every time I attack him or he attacks me. It has no cooldown.

Just now, Anacybele said:

It's wiped out my units HP almost entirely every time I attack him or he attacks me. It has no cooldown.

Merric has no such skill baseline. Were it, per chance, in the training tower? Could it have been Poision Strike?

Merric has no such skill baseline. Were it, per chance, in the training tower? Could it have been Poision Strike?

I don't know. But every time I face a Merric, he's done this. I believe it happened in the Arena once too. Yeah, I remember now, because my unit would've killed him had he not had that skill.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't know. But every time I face a Merric, he's done this. I believe it happened in the Arena once too. Yeah, I remember now, because my unit would've killed him had he not had that skill.

What did the skill activation look like? I mean graphical effects.

That would indeed be his skill, Growing Wind.

" Before combat this unit initiates, foes in a wide area around the target take damage equal to (unit's Atk minus foe's Def or Res)"

Looks like Falcom answered the question. Merric's done this every time I attack him though, so it has no cooldown, which is why it's OP. Hawkeye has a similar skill, but it DOES have a cooldown, 5 attacks.

Looks like Falcom answered the question. Merric's done this every time I attack him though, so it has no cooldown, which is why it's OP.

Which is why I've been asking for details. He couldn't possibly have done this every time you attacked him, as it 1) is a player-phase skill, and 2) has a long cooldown.

Something is not perfectly clear in your recollection, I'm afraid.

Which is why I've been asking for details. He couldn't possibly have done this every time you attacked him, as it 1) is a player-phase skill, and 2) has a long cooldown.

Something is not perfectly clear in your recollection, I'm afraid.

Or the skill is bugged. I swear, every time I touch him, he uses it. My recollection is perfectly clear here.

Perhaps post 2 pics (1 pic before you attack Merric and then the pic of the turn after) next time you battle a Merric. I am curious to see if such a bug exists.

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

Perhaps post 2 pics (1 pic before you attack Merric and then the pic of the turn after) next time you battle a Merric. I am curious to see if such a bug exists.

I don't know if that would really prove it, because any damage shown could've been from other units on the map.

I don't know if that would really prove it, because any damage shown could've been from other units on the map.

You claim the skill goes off when you attack Merric. So you take a picture before you attack him and exactly him (so that's a starting point) and after you attack him and exactly him (so that it's possible to compare). And if would be even more wonderful if you also took a picture at the moment of the skill going off… but that's timing.

I'm curious too, and I've never run into such hax Merrics yet (so I'm sceptical).

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

You claim the skill goes off when you attack Merric. So you take a picture before you attack him and exactly him (so that's a starting point) and after you attack him and exactly him (so that it's possible to compare). And if would be even more wonderful if you also took a picture at the moment of the skill going off… but that's timing.

I'm curious too, and I've never run into such hax Merrics yet (so I'm sceptical).

I didn't say before AND after I attacked him. I meant like right after I hit him, he activates the skill and then kills my unit because it took a LOT of damage from the skill.

I didn't say before AND after I attacked him. I meant like right after I hit him, he activates the skill and then kills my unit because it took a LOT of damage from the skill.

The skill can never kill on its own, it only brings down to 1 HP. Then do you mean enemy phase has started and it's his turn?

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The skill can never kill on its own, it only brings down to 1 HP. Then do you mean enemy phase has started and it's his turn?

Yeah, he activates the skill and then attacks. The latter is what kills my unit because they took too much damage from the skill to tank an attack from Merric himself.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, he activates the skill and then attacks. The latter is what kills my unit because they took too much damage from the skill to tank an attack from Merric himself.

It's not bugged then. It's how it's supposed to work. The charged-up skill goes off before he starts his attack, and damages everything in its area of effect.
It has a cooldown of 5 actions. Are you perfectly sure he didn't charge it up by attacking your units or getting attacked by them?

Edited by Vaximillian