Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:
  Hide contents

Glad my orbs are safe. I wouldn't have minded Zelgius, but he's just in the BK armor, not his awesome red armor. I like the BK armor, don't get me wrong, but we already have the actual BK. I don't need another version of him that just omits his helmet. I'd rather see Zelgius as, you know, himself. With his red armor and other sword.

Overall, I think this is a really bad banner. I was expecting Micaiah and Sothe to come soon despite that I don't care about them, but Oliver is not even an RD exclusive character and he sucks anyway, imo, and there's no RD Ike. He really should've been there since he's as much a protagonist of RD as Micaiah is.

But again, my orbs are safe and I can keep saving them for Summer Freddy's return.

Spoiler

You'd have two lords in one banner. That is quite overkill and not good business practice. You want to spread out your aces and not dump them into one banner. I agree this banner isn't that great because Oliver is just there because of meme status. Nothing wrong with meme characters but for a proper RD banner, I'd expect a bit more seriousness. Not to mention he's the same class as Micaiah so this is a great way to piss off people who want Micaiah but keep on getting Oliver instead. Also Zelgius wearing that armor is a huge spoiler which kind of ruins this game for people who have yet to play RD. I think Pelleas should replace Oliver and Tauroneo should replace Zelgius. This way you get a proper Micaiah banner while keeping the similar classes. 

Edited by Icelerate

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So? Nephenee and Oscar had little connection with Elincia. And we didn't need three Xanders, four Lucinas, or four Camillas either! Also, RD Ike could've been a TT reward or GHB or something.

Hide contents

Another thing, no red armor on Zelgius? Wtf? What was wrong with that design?

Spoiler

There are only two Lucinas, no Xanders and 1 Camilla in the regular summoning pool.  I specified that for a reason.  And shifting RD Ike to a quest isn't a good business decision, given that he managed to place in the top 10 CYL.  They want to get people to spend money on him.  Elincia's banner was all Crimeans, which is a small connection, but still a connection.  Ike has even less of a connection with Micaiah than that.

This is a Micaiah banner, not a RD Lord banner.

5 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

You'd have two lords in one banner. That is quite overkill and not good business practice. You want to spread out your aces and not dump them into one banner. I agree this banner isn't that great because Oliver is just there because of meme status. Nothing wrong with meme characters but for a proper RD banner, I'd expect a bit more seriousness. Not to mention he's the same class as Micaiah so this is a great way to piss off people who want Micaiah but keep on getting Oliver instead. Also Zelgius wearing that armor is a huge spoiler which kind of ruins this game for people who have yet to play RD. I think Pelleas should replace Oliver and Tauroneo should replace Zelgius. This way you get a proper Micaiah banner while keeping the similar classes. 

Spoiler

Oliver has a GHB icon datamined.  He's probably not on the banner.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi
Removed language that was harsher than it needed to be.

1 minute ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Reveal hidden contents

There are only two Lucinas, no Xanders and 1 Camilla in the regular summoning pool.  I specified that for a reason.  And shifting RD Ike to a quest isn't a good business decision, given that he managed to place in the top 10 CYL.  They want to get people to spend money on him.  Elincia's banner was all Crimeans, which is a small connection, but still a connection.  Ike has even less of a connection with Micaiah than that.

This is a Micaiah banner, not a RD Lord banner.  Get over it.

Hide contents

Oliver has a GHB icon datamined.  He's probably not on the banner.

Then wouldn't a three character banner be a bit too small considering this is the first time RD gets a banner? Maybe its for the best because other characters aren't competing with each other. 

Spoiler

Go out a few hours and come back to see a RD banner (Oliver is gorgeous and I'm glad he's a GHB) which I don't care that much about because no Sigrun, a new Squad Assault, more weapons to refine (IS is biased against Eirika ;-;), a new HM cap, a mini TT and more...

Meh, 0/10 this game has no content at all /s

@Anacybele

Spoiler

Please do not twist my words. I never said you couldn't feel that way, I said "word it better". If I truly did say that, please quote the part you considered an apparent dismissal of opposing opinions as you claim.

And yes, I am aware Ike is an RD lord; he's the guy who's the only one allowed to kill the final boss and got his own ending screen while Micaiah got a regular ending screen like all the other units. But Ike overall is already in the game, and even if we got past the multiple version thing to include RD Ike, Micaiah should not be joined by Ike. Ike lead his banner already; it's Micaiah's turn, and it literally is now or never for her since I doubt she's getting another version of herself. Better to not throw Ike in even to make him as big as Micaiah on that banner.

Just now, Icelerate said:

Then wouldn't a three character banner be a bit too small considering this is the first time RD gets a banner? Maybe its for the best because other characters aren't competing with each other. 

New character banners have only been 3 characters recently.  They seem to have moved away from the 4 character banners (the last non-seasonal banner with 4 characters seems to have been Sacred World back in August.

So is it confirmed that Male Corrin is the prize for the next Tempest Trials? Also, how do you decide what units to upgrade to 5-Star. I’ve been thinking of doing it to my 4-Star Leon. Should I do it?

10 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:
Spoiler

This is a Micaiah banner, not a RD Lord banner.

Spoiler

I wasn't talking about the regular summoning pool though, I was talking about the entire game. Putting RD Ike on a banner may not be the best idea either, because it could come off as pulling another Ayra and people got pissed at that. It depends on what banner he'd get put in.

This is an RD banner, not a Micaiah banner. If it was a real Micaiah banner, I think we'd have seen more of the DB members, not Oliver or Zelgius. But we didn't.

6 minutes ago, NoirCore said:
Spoiler

And yes, I am aware Ike is an RD lord; he's the guy who's the only one allowed to kill the final boss and got his own ending screen while Micaiah got a regular ending screen like all the other units. But Ike overall is already in the game, and even if we got past the multiple version thing to include RD Ike, Micaiah should not be joined by Ike. Ike lead his banner already; it's Micaiah's turn, and it literally is now or never for her since I doubt she's getting another version of herself. Better to not throw Ike in even to make him as big as Micaiah on that banner.

And I disagree. That is all.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I can kind of get people being upset about Zelgius being a spoiler, but at the same time Radiant Dawn is almost eleven years old. It's not that big of a deal imo.

Ok I'm sorry for specifically calling you out, but this kind of thinking kind of bothers me, especially in the context of Heroes. While I get that a lot of people who play feh (and probably most people on this forum) have already played through most of the games through the series, Heroes has brought in a lot of new people into the franchise as well. Even though the game may have come out 11 years ago, it's not easy to actually obtain the game legally (or at least it's more difficult to get than 7, 8, and 3DS). So yeah, I wish Heroes wouldn't be so nonchalant with spoilers, but I'm honestly now half expecting the FE16 banner characters to spoil the final boss before people even get a chance to beat it.

6 minutes ago, WyvernQueen said:

Ok I'm sorry for specifically calling you out, but this kind of thinking kind of bothers me, especially in the context of Heroes. While I get that a lot of people who play feh (and probably most people on this forum) have already played through most of the games through the series, Heroes has brought in a lot of new people into the franchise as well. Even though the game may have come out 11 years ago, it's not easy to actually obtain the game legally (or at least it's more difficult to get than 7, 8, and 3DS). So yeah, I wish Heroes wouldn't be so nonchalant with spoilers, but I'm honestly now half expecting the FE16 banner characters to spoil the final boss before people even get a chance to beat it.

Cipher's Grima card is female Robin.

And Zelgius was already suspected to be the Black Knight's identity soon after the release of FE9.

Anyways, there is a thread for this update. Let's use it. https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/80185-new-banner-leaked-datamine/

Edited by Ice Dragon

@Anacybele

You need to stop using "I just disagree, I'm done talking" to end conversations. What I am arguing (outside my opinions on the spoilery part which is another argument altogether) is not about opinions, but how you worded them. You said that in a matter-of-factly manner despite your intentions of just stating a trivial opinion.

Spoiler

So is Oliver's damaged artwork now a meme?

Also, did they dig up a new sprite for Cymbeline? It's still kinda insulting that the tome has the same generic Red tome sprite.

Edited by Xenomata

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

@Anacybele

You need to stop using "I just disagree, I'm done talking" to end conversations. What I am arguing (outside my opinions on the spoilery part which is another argument altogether) is not about opinions, but how you worded them. You said that in a matter-of-factly manner despite your intentions of just stating a trivial opinion.

I had nothing more to add, and I didn't want to drag the argument out. Why is that such a problem?

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Cipher's Grima card is female Robin.

And Zelgius was already suspected to be the Black Knight's identity soon after the release of FE9.

Yeah I get that, but they're still spoiling part of the game(s). Sorry, it's just a little frustrating the way IS chooses to deal with plot points in older games (especially Genealogy which I know most non-JP players haven't played, including me). Edit: Wording

Edited by WyvernQueen

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I had nothing more to add, and I didn't want to drag the argument out. Why is that such a problem?

You clearly do have more to add if you still disagree despite my points countering yours. You got me on the argument dragging thing, though. It's just that you do it a lot to end things with some sort of "I just have this opinion". Just say "I'd like to respond, but I'd rather not drag it out" instead of "I just have this opinion, that's all, and I'd rather not drag it out". It makes you come off as running away instead of truly wanting an argument to stop.

13 minutes ago, Xenomata said:
  Hide contents

So is Oliver's damaged artwork now a meme?

Also, did they dig up a new sprite for Cymbeline? It's still kinda insulting that the tome has the same generic Red tome sprite.

Spoiler

Oliver himself is a meme, they're only adding fuel to the fire.

Just now, WyvernQueen said:

Yeah I get that, but they're still spoiling part of the game(s). Sorry, it's just a little frustrating the way IS chooses to deal with major plot points in older games (especially Genealogy which I know most non-JP players haven't played, including me).

On the developers’ defense, they can’t wait forever for some people to play said games. The BK “spoiler” is over a decade old and the Holy Wars one twice that much time.