Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Tailtiu is fine as she is right now. Bladetome makes up for the missing wrath effect

But Ishtar. Wow! Thigh goddess looking amazing in Cipher

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

20 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Tailtiu is fine as she is right now. Bladetome makes up for the missing wrath effect

Blade is not Thoron, and Thoron is what she’s associated with.

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Silver weapon tome...

Give her personal Thoron version blade properties, I couldn’t care less. One, it should be a Thoron, two, it should have Wrath effect.

12 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

@Alexmender, I just realised how much I’m bothered by the unnecessary space in your display name.

Screenshot_20180316_140058.png

It bothers me beyond reason.

There's was a space in there? Weird, I didn't notice it was there, I removed it now (or at least I hope it is gone).

Edited by Alexmender

Just now, Alexmender said:

There's was a space in there? Weird, I didn't noticed it was there, I removed it now (or at least I hope it is gone).

It's kinda interesting from a programming perspective. The naming system doesn't cut off unnecessary spaces though I guess they just wanted players to have freedom

11 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

If that bothers you, try reading out the names of Cthulu mythos deities.

But at least

trim(name) == name

returns true for Cthulu mythos deities.

7 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Silver weapon tome...

There was no reason not to give her Thoron considering Blarblade is already a common drop from Odin.

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

It's kinda interesting from a programming perspective. The naming system doesn't cut off unnecessary spaces though I guess they just wanted players to have freedom

Makes sense considering there's people that like to name themselves "Def win plz" or the like. Still, I suppose my finger slipped when I changed Kiran's name for mine but it must've been awkward for those who have been visited by Eirika. 

I have like 9 or 10 people from Japan in my friend list, is the space noticeable there too? If that's the case it would really look annoying after a while for sure.

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Makes sense considering there's people that like to name themselves "Def win plz" or the like.

@silveraura25 probably means spaces at the beginning or the end of names, which is typically known as "trimming" a text string.

5 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I have like 9 or 10 people from Japan in my friend list, is the space noticeable there too? If that's the case it would really look annoying after a while for sure.

I would assume the space still appears, which would look just as odd in Japanese (though Latin characters in the middle of Japanese text looks weird to begin with).

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@silveraura25 probably means spaces at the beginning or the end of names, which is typically known as "trimming" a text string.

I would assume the space still appears, which would look just as odd in Japanese (though Latin characters in the middle of Japanese text looks weird to begin with).

I'm not very sharp today ehehe

Oh, that makes more sense. I suppose IS didn't consider it a big deal so they left it as it is now.

Yikes! Having that space there for months might have triggered a lot of OCD in people for sure.

19 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Yikes! Having that space there for months might have triggered a lot of OCD in people for sure.

Oh it did, I just didn’t remember to mention it here, lol.

5 hours ago, Kaden said:

Divine Dew itself is a problem when you have no one to use Refining Stones on. I'm not about to waste Refining Stones on, for example, Lukas's Slaying Lance+ by giving it a Mt, speed, or resistance refinement just because I need +200 Divine Dew and when I only want a defense refine for him. Marisa having a speed and defense or resistance refined Wo Dao+ can work to make her more flexible, but two other units who could have had refined weapons would be missing out. It's so annoying. Getting Divine Dew from Rival Gardens is nice, but I'd like it if it could come from somewhere else every now and again like, I don't know, add in the Infernal quests for BHB and GHB revivals that reward like 10 Divine Dew.

Healer refinements are great for using up refinement stones. A few of mine have gotten both refinements. I always end up refining the TT reward character's weapon just to make them even more OP during the TT. You can always start building new characters that will require a refinement.

wow trying to do rival domain with armorers on infernal is quiet challenging even with +10 merged armorers from the friendlist. I am glad i have my +10 Azama with heavenly light for this o.o

So far the rival domains with armors have been fairly easy for me. Then again when I filled out the brigade I realized I practically filled the whole thing with my own armored units. Have I ever mentioned that armor emblem is kinda my thing? Plus I haven't quite done infernal yet. I don't enjoy this mode quite as much as I thought I would at first. The first time is fine, but then it starts to feel like a grind. And since the orb is the most important reward to me, I always start there. Feathers are next in line. Then Dew or badges depending on if the badge color is something I am short on. Like, you know, red.

I think the armored units I lack are Winter Chrom, Jacob :(, and Zelgius. Of those Jacob is the one I most hate having missed. Chrom would just be yet ANOTHER green armor. And Zelgius and BK perform similarly enough that I don't miss Zelgius.
I have Draug, Effie, Gwendolyn, and Sheena all at 4*+10 and more or less fully built(not all done with super premium skills though). I have not promoted a Zephiel yet so he is at 4* level 1.
At 5*+0 I have Hardin, Winter Robin, Hector, Elvector, Booklyn, Winter Lissa(Brave Axe + Deathblow set), Halloween Henry, and LA!Eliwood all built or close enough to be reliable on the field. Grima and Arden are not fully built, though Arden is leveled unlike Grima. At 5*+1 I have Black Knight and Winter Tharja. And then there is Amelia. 5*+9.  

Arden kinda got forgotten about. I don't really want to run his Brave sword set. I really want to set him up for the Slaying Edge type of set. Just never got around to investing in him. Poor guy.

Edited by Usana

Took a couple of tries, got just slightly frustrated but I got the win with just a C in bonuses from my Hector (and an LA!Hector from my FL) putting in a bit of work. They key of this mode is to prioritize capturing the fortresses so when you lose units the reinforcements can just pop right in.

It was a little stressful, so after that I just went to relax and do my once a day tenth stratum run for the crystals. Pressed the record button cause why not. I remember when people used to complain about having to do 10th stratum and how hard/frustrating it was because of the enemy's stats. How far we've come since then.

@mampfoid I ended up playing that theme I remember linking you a while back lol. I remember I said it was almost like my teams theme at one point.

I wonder what would have happened had Surtr won first or second place in CYL2? How would they even approach him? Surtr is in a nutshell, a bloodthirsty, sadistic maniac who may or may not have been a regular person prior to setting himself ablaze. A heroic, "pre-hellfire" Surtr could work, but regular Surtr would be pretty odd. Then again, it didn't stop them from letting us summon Grima of all things.

Part of me wants him to win CYL3 just for the absurdity of all.

Edited by Kaden

I just threw all my armours at the map and hoped for lucky reinforcement rolls. Ended up getting all the rewards first try. Was to be expected especially when this game has been showering me with good armours recently. Though most of those are green, so it's a little lopsided 

Thank goodness the Brigade friend unit menu doesn’t refresh until you force it to...I still had access to a couple armors that are no longer being used as the respective friends’ leads. Tossed in a few armors of my own, a couple Guidance fliers, and Maria, and everything turned out fine. Infernal took a couple tries though.

Setting Tana as my lead in case anyone on my list wants Guidance & Galeforce utility for this one.

Actually speaking of friend units, is my Amelia helping anyone out? I normally run her with the DD or speed seals, but I kinda need that on my TT autobattle so she has something else(she used to have Boots since I figured folks may not be running armors due to infantry bonus, she had savage at one point for some reason, and now I think she has Drive Def). The problem is all my built up/good seals are currently pretty solidly locked in right now. And Amelia isn't doing anything so she is in kind of an odd spot seal wise at the moment.

Edited by Usana

To beat the infernal brigade map I stuffed my team with all my armors and a Zelgius and a Vector from my friends list, it still took a couple of tries but I got it done.  It is a good thing I have invested a lot in my armor emblem since I would have had a lot of trouble otherwise.