Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

21 hours ago, Dayni said:

Anyone try Water Sanctuary yet?

Holy fuck that Legion is insane. Apparently the boosts add up to +27 merge equivalent. What the actual fuck.

And yet he is still 13 Spd short of matching my Spd-stacked Ayra's Spd.

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Random observation I came across while testing out a potential Arena team: Crusader’s Ward has erroneous English text (or I’m misinterpreting something). I wouldn’t expect it to provide the 80% mitigation to the 2nd consecutive hit when Sigurd attacks a Blue Tome unit with Close Counter, and yet...

The English text is wrong. The Japanese text is not wrong, but is also not worded consistently with other skills that have the same activation requirements, and those other skills are also not worded consistently with each other either.

Crusader's Ward and all refined breath weapons and post-refinery breath weapons should read the same as Distant Def with "if foe uses bow, dagger, magic or staff".

In Japanese,

• Distant Def reads "弓、暗器、魔法、杖の敵から攻撃されたとき、", "If foe using bow, dagger, magic, or staff initiates combat against unit".
  • Breath weapons read "射程2の敵に、", "Against foe with range 2".
  • Crusader's Ward reads "2距離攻撃の敵から連続して攻撃を受けた時、", "When receiving consecutive attacks from foe that attacks from 2 distance".

All of them mean the same thing of "foe uses a weapon that normally attacks from 2 range" regardless of the actual range of combat.

Of particular interest, the Holy Vestments skill line uses the wording "敵の2距離攻撃", "Foe's 2-distance attack" as opposed to Crusader's Ward's ”2距離攻撃の敵", "Foe that attacks from 2 distance", both of which are correct for their actual skill effect. Holy Vestments activates against attacks that actually occur at 2 range whereas Crusader's Ward activate against opponents that normally attack from 2 range regardless of the actual range of combat.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Actually Brave Ike being +HP came in handy for the new Garden. With QR he was able to tank both Legion and Clarisse and with Fjorm and Chrom were able to tank and kill the two of them (+Katarina) while Athena took the long way around trying to get to Serra only to run straight into death Chrom.

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Nothing today : (

What were you expecting? Tomorrow is the Feh Channel and Tiki & Nowi BHB, and the day after that is the new banner and the end of the current calendar.
We’ll probably getting a new schedule along with the stream tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Nothing today : (

Eh, for you maybe. As for me:

Spoiler

0CVUqF7.png?1

tfw when you were trying to YOLO Kagero but got this instead

this banner continues to be kinda ridiculous. Perhaps I'll be an ass and dump Chill Res on Reinhardt since this one ended up with +Res/-Spd.

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Eh, for you maybe. As for me:

Hide contents

0CVUqF7.png?1

tfw when you were trying to YOLO Kagero but got this instead

this banner continues to be kinda ridiculous. Perhaps I'll be an ass and dump Chill Res on Reinhardt since this one ended up with +Res/-Spd.

*evil glare*

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What were you expecting? Tomorrow is the Feh Channel and Tiki & Nowi BHB, and the day after that is the new banner and the end of the current calendar.
We’ll probably getting a new schedule along with the stream tomorrow.

Quests to do at the very least. Oh well, guess I'll do chain challenges

Edited by silveraura25

24 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

*evil glare*

Look at it this way, past history suggests I'm now doomed to not get Kagero because of that second Catria. Which is to say:

• I pulled a second Tiki from Ylissean Summer while attempting to snipe for Robin, and I never got Robin from that banner
  • I pulled a second Mia from Farfetched Heroes while attempting to snipe for Lute, and I never got Lute from that banner
  • I pulled soup boy Takumi from Happy New Year while attempting to snipe for flying Azura, and I never got flying Azura
Edited by Tybrosion

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Look at it this way, past history suggests I'm now doomed to not get Kagero because of that second Catria. Which is to say:

• I pulled a second Tiki from Ylissean Summer while attempting to snipe for Robin, and I never got Robin from that banner
  • I pulled a second Mia from Farfetched Heroes while attempting to snipe for Lute, and I never got Lute from that banner
  • I pulled soup boy Takumi from Happy New Year while attempting to snipe for flying Azura, and I never got flying Azura

The glare thing was more of a joke, but ouch... Wish you luck on the next banner and I hope you get what you want

35 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Obligatory reminder that -Spd Catria is still as fast as Ursula and is still 3 Spd faster than +Spd Cecilia.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Obligatory reminder that -Spd Catria is still as fast as Ursula and is still 3 Spd faster than +Spd Cecilia.

My previous Catria got +Atk/-Def, so that's why this one is either getting foddered or possibly merged.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

And yet he is still 13 Spd short of matching my Spd-stacked Ayra's Spd.

That sentence brought back memories of you showing off your Tharja during the mage VG.

The numbers you pull off still scare me. Like, I know I'll never match that level scary.

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Does anyone else think the daily GHB units will be injected injected into the normal summoning pool?

I think after the quests expire that may be possible. What else would they do with them after that?

I can't be the only one who is not satisfied with the Blessed Gardens and Rival Domains masquerading around as "new content" for this long, can I?

Blessed Gardens doesn't quite cut it for me. And Rival Domains is nothing more than an autobattle snoozefest.

I want something interesting, engaging and rewarding. Not just rewarding.

Speaking of Gardens, the latest one was difficult but really fun. I beat it with PA!Azura, Normal Eirika, Black Knight and Fjorm. It required some thinking and I had a good time.

Edited by Michelaar

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Also, is it just me or does Nino look taller than Jaffar?

She did her best to grow up.

Speaking of which, I did this:
IMG_20180407_121653.jpg

Kaga. Ending of Mystery. Why.

30 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Speaking of Gardens, the latest one was difficult but really fun. I beat it with PA!Azura, Normal Eirika, Black Knight and Fjorm. It required some thinking and I had a good time.

I do like them. When I saw that the latest one was that dark purple infernal colour, i knew it was going to be rough. I luckily beat it first time only because my Nino somehow survived an engagement from Katarina.

I just wish it was one new map for each element per week, instead of just one map for one element per week. That would genuinely satisfy me.

47 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

She did her best to grow up.

Speaking of which, I did this:
IMG_20180407_121653.jpg

Kaga. Ending of Mystery. Why.

I've been trying to ship Palla and Abel together, but she goes too nicely with Subaki >.<

I'll ship him with a useful female cavalry member when I get one ^.^

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I didn't really like Fates' weapon system, since I don't feel it was balanced well.  There was no real reason to use Silver weapons, when forced Iron weapons were just as good, and didn't debuff your stats with every hit.

Echoes was a bit of a different animal, since weapons were more equipable items, rather than weapons in the more traditional FE sense.

I think Fates' weapon system was a good concept that just needed work on execution. SOV's system, while different in some ways, showed some ways to improve that kind of durability-free system, even if lots of it was stuff they'd already done in early games. Like having Wt in its original form of being subtracted directly from Spd, which should really go back to being standard.

8 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I've been trying to ship Palla and Abel together, but she goes too nicely with Subaki >.<

I'll ship him with a useful female cavalry member when I get one ^.^

We need a good red female cavalry option. She would be a great partner for Abel.

Or just use Cain :P

But yes, Palla and Abel shipper here as well. They both have green hair and look better together! Pink and green clash too much :P

26 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

We need a good red female cavalry option. She would be a great partner for Abel.

Or just use Cain :P

But yes, Palla and Abel shipper here as well. They both have green hair and look better together! Pink and green clash too much :P

I want Cecil to be in the game, I remember her being pretty good in New Mystery.

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I want Cecil to be in the game, I remember her being pretty good in New Mystery.

Oh, she would also complete my dream dyslexic nightmare team of Celica, Cecil, Celice, and Cecilia!