Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

19 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

@Othin I use Nox, and I usually download Heroes from 'QooApp'. (Just google it and download it.)

You might also want to read: 

and

I tried playing on Nox, but even downloading what I think was the latest file on QooApp still won't play properly, with only getting Error 803-3001.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

33 minutes ago, AnnaEevee said:

Speaking of Hector... I'm not very sure of which inherited skills give him...

I believe his boon/bane is +ATK -SPD if that helps.

Now I know Pivot is a good support skill for armored units to inherit, but what about the others?

Should I keep Pavise for him or let him learn some other offensive skill because of his boon?

Also, I'm thinking of giving him either Vantage or Wary Fighter for his B skill, and perharps a Threaten skill for C but I don't know which would be better for both B and C.

What do you guys think?

Pavise works.

Wary Fighter might work, just so that he isn't ORKO'd.  For C skill, Threaten Defense if he's gonna solo, Threaten Speed otherwise.

34 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Even Lucius's intro dialogue rubs in the fact that he's a Staff user...

No, Lucius, your job is to kill stuff with Light Magic.  If I wanted someone to tend to my wounded, I'd take Wrys with me and be very glad I did!

Lucius to like the archetype Monk Light Mage, just, why?

Replying you on this topic because it would be more proper than on the pull topic :P:

While I'm kinda disappointed on Lucius not being a light/blue mage as most of us wanted him to be, I think he's still salvageable as one can aspire to find Class Change in the future in Heroes, probably in a distant future as it'll require lots of work. So maybe we can hope for his mage version!

5 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Replying you on this topic because it would be more proper than on the pull topic :P:

While I'm kinda disappointed on Lucius not being a light/blue mage as most of us wanted him to be, I think he's still salvageable as one can aspire to find Class Change in the future in Heroes, probably in a distant future as it'll require lots of work. So maybe we can hope for his mage version!

That would be wonderful, if I could pull a tome like Aura off someone and give it to him.  I'm not sure if it would be worth the can of worms changing weapon types would open, though.

23 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That would be wonderful, if I could pull a tome like Aura off someone and give it to him.  I'm not sure if it would be worth the can of worms changing weapon types would open, though.

Now that I think of it, the reason Lucius was implemented as a staff-user was probably because they didn't have the time to create the art assets for 3 new spells (e.g. Lightning, Shine, Divine, Divine+).

Well, we can only hope that they'll eventually create alternate versions of characters with different weapons, much like other gacha games do.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Now that I think of it, the reason Lucius was implemented as a staff-user was probably because they didn't have the time to create the art assets for 3 new spells (e.g. Lightning, Shine, Divine, Divine+).

Well, we can only hope that they'll eventually create alternate versions of characters with different weapons, much like other gacha games do.

Why not just hold off on releasing him at all?  It's not like there's a shortage of FE characters to add.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Why not just hold off on releasing him at all?  It's not like there's a shortage of FE characters to add.

Because they could? "We don't feel like properly implementing light magic yet, but we'll commission staff art and call it a day just to get him into the game?"

That sounds all too likely. Still so annoying, since he never was a staff user to begin with - you have to promote him. I really hope they do do different weapon versions in the future, including different art, since I feel his art doesn't really fit him. I feel it should be more pastelly, personally. 

Is there a reason healers are so nerfed? I mean they're the only units whose attack is halfed before they fight. What's the point of that? I mean, it doesn't happen with dancers, and they're twice as useful as utility units. It's not like being colourless helps or hinders, really. It just means they're not strong or weak to anything... I mean maybe that's why but really... urgh... It does annoy me somewhat >.<

Edit - Oh yeah, that's a point. Saul was a Priest, not a Monk... and then FE8 had both a Monk and a Priest, so it's not like they removed the class or anything... 

Edited by Cute Chao

@Rezzy Did you try following the directions on the second post I linked?  The 803-3001 error is---if I'm not mistaken---caused by google's SafetyNet. The second post is directions on how to disable it while maintaining Google Play on the emulator. (You need Google Play on the emulator to play FE Heroes.)

Edit: If your game works on Bluestacks but not Nox, then I have no clue what's going on. (Since the game runs fine for me.)

Edited by DehNutCase

16 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Is there a reason healers are so nerfed? I mean they're the only units whose attack is halfed before they fight. What's the point of that? I mean, it doesn't happen with dancers, and they're twice as useful as utility units. It's not like being colourless helps or hinders, really. It just means they're not strong or weak to anything... I mean maybe that's why but really... urgh... It does annoy me somewhat >.<

Edit - Oh yeah, that's a point. Saul was a Priest, not a Monk... and then FE8 had both a Monk and a Priest, so it's not like they removed the class or anything... 

I think IS's intention is make a healer a dedicated role, forcing you to sacrifice a spot on your team exclusively for healing. The problem is that the amount of healing done by healers isn't actually amazing most of the time, and they have terrible stats/low BSTs. So, they end up being good at nothing except raising your lvl 1 units.

Just now, Fly_or_Die said:

I think IS's intention is make a healer a dedicated role, forcing you to sacrifice a spot on your team exclusively for healing. The problem is that the amount of healing done by healers isn't actually amazing most of the time, and they have terrible stats/low BSTs. So, they end up being good at nothing except raising your lvl 1 units.

That's the biggest problem. If healing actually did something, then it would make more sense. That being said, if healing did do something, it'd become very annoying against any healer inside the arena or on the field... I know they're good at buffing and I actually hate facing Azama in the training tower... But still, just give them lower attack and stop nerfing it >.< That way they're still a lot weaker than mages, but actually make some sense... 

9 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

@Rezzy Did you try following the directions on the second post I linked?  The 803-3001 error is---if I'm not mistaken---caused by google's SafetyNet. The second post is directions on how to disable it while maintaining Google Play on the emulator. (You need Google Play on the emulator to play FE Heroes.)

Edit: If your game works on Bluestacks but not Nox, then I have no clue what's going on. (Since the game runs fine for me.)

It doesn't work on either, but how do I remove my Google Account from Nox?  I get a message saying "Something went wrong, please try again later" whenever I even try to go into profile settings.

49 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

That's the biggest problem. If healing actually did something, then it would make more sense. That being said, if healing did do something, it'd become very annoying against any healer inside the arena or on the field... I know they're good at buffing and I actually hate facing Azama in the training tower... But still, just give them lower attack and stop nerfing it >.< That way they're still a lot weaker than mages, but actually make some sense... 

Tbh I don't find any issue with healers in the game. They work fine. Them not being good for arena offense is another thing but they're good as they are, in the variety the game presents them to us. Rehabilitate is considered the best staff due to healing tons of hp when target is at low hp, however if your unit is above 50%hp most of the time then throw Recover, or just waste a Martyr user its HP and heal lots of hp on target. The only staff I'm kinda uncomfortable is Physic with its 8hp per heal, in which you want to carry Imbue but that's kinda meh since you lose the balm buff.

Their weapons are good as debuffs: fear, slow, panic, pain and gravity have all saved me the day on at least one occassion. And they're not meant to be nuke or something.

I agree with @Quintessence that the current implementation of healers is fine as is. There's more to the game than just the arena, and healers serve their purpose plenty well enough outside the arena. As much as it would certainly be nice for healers to be more useful in the arena, I don't feel that's entirely necessary.

That said, it would be rather cool if healers could have some perks for buffing or debuffing, such as extended (+1) range on Threaten and Spur skills (but not Hone). Something like that would make sense to be implemented as a passive A skill, for example.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I agree with @Quintessence that the current implementation of healers is fine as is. There's more to the game than just the arena, and healers serve their purpose plenty well enough outside the arena. As much as it would certainly be nice for healers to be more useful in the arena, I don't feel that's entirely necessary.

The only issue I have with healers is having their damage halved. I don't really understand why this is necessary, unless it was to keep them from being mages that were unaffected by the color triangle? It just seems like such an abstract measure otherwise.

Everything else though is fine. The staves themselves all have utility, while Recover / Rehabilitate is the closest thing to scaled healing as this game is going to get.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That said, it would be rather cool if healers could have some perks for buffing or debuffing, such as extended (+1) range on Threaten and Spur skills (but not Hone). Something like that would make sense to be implemented as a passive A skill, for example.

Well, we'll be getting Defense maps soonish, yeah (I don't fully recall, but I think this was mentioned as coming in the April update)? So healers should be more useful on those, I think. And maybe on those maps that'll include reinforcements...

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

The only issue I have with healers is having their damage halved. I don't really understand why this is necessary, unless it was to keep them from being mages that were unaffected by the color triangle? It just seems like such an abstract measure otherwise.

Yeah, that's probably why they did that. Otherwise stuff like Fear/Slow and especially Pain would probably be too good, especially now that Inherit Skill is a thing.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Everything else though is fine. The staves themselves all have utility, while Recover / Rehabilitate is the closest thing to scaled healing as this game is going to get.

Perhaps having high dmg would make some mages obsolete as people would opt for high dmg + debuff rather than plain dmg. I agree with this, if it is the case. Healers like Elise, Lachesis, Lucius, Priscilla, Sakura and Serra all have respectable base atk at min 28 max 32 with neutral atk, sum weapon mt, buffs, spurs and weapon debuff and they can be considered dangerous, plus healing and support utility.

2 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Well, we'll be getting Defense maps soonish, yeah (I don't fully recall, but I think this was mentioned as coming in the April update)? So healers should be more useful on those, I think. And maybe on those maps that'll include reinforcements...

Yeah, that's probably why they did that. Otherwise stuff like Fear/Slow and especially Pain would probably be too good, especially now that Inherit Skill is a thing.

That's certainly fair. 

Veronica's tome is literally just a high-damage nuke with a Panic side effect, and it's quite effective sooo

Yep, it was just the half damage that annoyed me, to be honest. I know the benefits of healers away from the arena (the arena is not my focus), but it just felt annoying. That being said, my original thought was just, why not actually just have their attack be less, but I've realised that would really mess them up even more in the arena, so now I've fully answered my own question xD 

That being said, still kicking myself for getting rid of the extra freebie Wrys. He doesn't pull for me and I want his heal all skill -.- Why did I not guess skill inheritance was coming from the start? v.v

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hmm hone attack 2 spaces away with Nino. Sounds pretty shexy. I think something like that would be cool.

Edited by Arcanite

45 Atk with weapon-triangle-neutral magic would be excellent neutral coverage against the largely magic-weak physical units in the game, especially with something like Elise's 32 neutral Spd and cavalry mobility (and the fact that she takes cavalry buffs).

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hmm hone attack 2 spaces away with Nino. Sounds pretty shexy. I think something like that would be coo.

Which is why I specifically said Threaten and Spur, but not Hone. Hone with 2 squares of range would be broken.