Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

No way haha, If I had that I'd be constantly cracking up at my own posts x)

Perfectly understandable. This one will do then: 

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Someone doesn’t really understand how Hardy Bearing works:

Could happen also to me, Seal swapping side effects. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

HOW THE HELL IS FREDERICK NOT ON THIS BANNER? HE'S THE LONE GREEN UNIT WITH LUNA AND YET IS PUTS TWO REDS AND A COLORLESS ON THIS?

Talk about bullshit and IS being total morons.

I actually decided to keep my Frederick's IVs as is, but I still 100% expected to see him on this banner and the fact that he isn't is utterly baffling. Same with Catria, actually, being the only blue unit with Luna as well. She should've also been on it and I actually dislike her quite a bit. I have no idea what IS was thinking here at all.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Unlike Mia, Celica, and Hinoka, Frederick is a common 3–4★ pull.

No excuse. Hasn't stopped IS from putting other common 3-4 star pulls on some banners. Even these skill-based ones. If I recall, the Hone Atk banner had female Corrin on it, for instance. She's always been 3-4 star.

Not to mention that there are certainly players that go for a long time without pulling a 3-4 star character they want. So it's not as easy to get the one you want as you think.

AND they've even put Frederick on banners before. He's been on three, in fact. Battling Zephiel, a TT banner, and a 4 star focus banner.

Edited by Anacybele

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No excuse. Hasn't stopped IS from putting other common 3-4 star pulls on some banners. Even these skill-based ones. If I recall, the Hone Atk banner had female Corrin on it, for instance. She's always been 3-4 star.

34 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Unlike Mia, Celica, and Hinoka, Frederick is a common 3–4★ pull.

Not everyone is a Frederick fan. If players are pity broken by a green orb, I am pretty sure most players would not be happy with a 5* Frederick. I would much rather be pity broken with a current 5* exclusive green unit than a unit that I can get from the 3*-4* pool.

Edited by XRay

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Not everyone is a Frederick fan. If players are pity broken by a green orb, I am pretty sure most players would not be happy with a 5* Frederick. I would much rather be pity broken with a current 5* exclusive green unit than a unit that I can get from the 3*-4* pool.

I didn't say everyone had to be a Frederick fan. And if that 5 star Frederick has good IVs, that saves a player 20,000 feathers! Also, not everyone likes Mia, Hinoka, or an evil Celica either, so your point is moot anyway.

My point was that he's a green unit with Luna, the only one, and 3-4 star units have been used on skill banners before. And Catria is a blue unit with Luna, the only one, etc etc. And yet while IS could've made this a more balanced banner, they didn't. It's a pretty terrible banner that could've been much better had it been more balanced. Even if it was red, colorless, and blue and Frederick still wasn't there, that would've made it better. Could've easily been four characters though, I don't even see why it's just three.

Edited by Anacybele

38 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not to mention that there are certainly players that go for a long time without pulling a 3-4 star character they want. So it's not as easy to get the one you want as you think.

AND they've even put Frederick on banners before. He's been on three, in fact. Battling Zephiel, a TT banner, and a 4 star focus banner.

The hone atk banner was a year ago when IS's idea of how to make a desirable skill banner was at it's infancy

You're taking the name of the banner too seriously. It's less about getting Luna and more about trying to get these premium units either for player use or fodder of some other kind than Luna like atk/spd bond and chill spd. Them having Luna was just an excuse to put these units on a banner. These premium heroes just so happened to have that special.

Edited by silveraura25

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

The hone atk banner was a year ago when that skill was somewhat relevant and IS's idea of how to make a desirable skill banner was at it's infancy

You're taking the name of the banner too seriously. It's less about getting Luna and more about trying to get these premium units either for player use or fodder of some other kind than Luna like atk/spd bond and chill spd. Them having Luna was just an excuse to put these units on a banner. These premium heroes just so happened to have that special.

No, it's about getting Luna. Why else would it be "Heroes with Luna" at all then?

Also, IS's idea of making skill banners has been pretty fine until now imo.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

And if that 5 star Frederick has good IVs, that saves a player 20,000 feathers!

That depends on the player. I would not spend 20,000 Feathers on Frederick in the first place, and he will be taking up valuable Barracks real estate, so he is going to be immediately sacrificed for Hammer+ for one of my Arena Assault units.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My point was that he's a green unit with Luna, the only one, and 3-4 star units have been used on skill banners before. And Catria is a blue unit with Luna, the only one, etc etc. And yet while IS could've made this a more balanced banner, they didn't.

There is no need for balanced banners on a skill Focus. Since the three Heroes are also 5* exclusive units, Frederick and Catria would not fit.

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I could not have said it better.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

No, it's about getting Luna. Why else would it be "Heroes with Luna" at all then?

No sane player would fodder WOF!Hinoka, FH!Celica, and Mia for Luna unless they really hate them or something.

That depends on the player. I would not spend 20,000 Feathers on Frederick in the first place, and he will be taking up valuable Barracks real estate, so he is going to be immediately sacrificed for Hammer+ for one of my Arena Assault units.

Yeah, and you're not representative of the entire player base. And go ahead, but I'll tell you you're wasting a good unit with a rare niche, and so rare that you could even say he's the only one with said niche (tanky axe cav).

There is no need for balanced banners on a skill Focus. Since the three Heroes are also 5* exclusive units, Frederick and Catria would not fit.

Yet just about all of them until how HAVE been balanced. And I always see people say they'd rather have balanced colors than units sharing colors. I agree with them too.

Frederick and Catria are not pullable at 5 star unless they're on a banner. Celica, Mia, and Hinoka are always available at 5 star. And you yourself said you don't want to spend 20,000 feathers on a Frederick. Well, if you pulled a 5 star one, you don't have to!

No sane player would fodder WOF!Hinoka, FH!Celica, and Mia for Luna unless they really hate them or something.

Getting a character with Luna is still what this banner is about since that's the focus: characters with Luna. And Luna is a good special, so I can definitely see some people foddering them if they're lacking any Fredericks or Catrias.

Also, I foddered Mia for Vantage, btw, just saying, and I'd gladly fodder her for Luna too. I wouldn't consider myself insane.

Edited by Anacybele

Looks like if there are units with accessories on the home screen, when you click to another screen, the accessories disappear first, making the units briefly visible without them.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, IS's idea of making skill banners has been pretty fine until now imo.

Previous recent "Heroes with" banners:

• June 23: Heroes with Death Blow: Siegbert, Reinhardt (sword), Delthea
  • May 27: Heroes with Stance Skills: Zelgius, Morgan (female), Shiro
  • April 22: Heroes with Combat Boosts: Ayra, Sonya, Lyn (CYL)
  • March 28: Heroes with Miracle: Sigurd, Delthea, Mist

All of those units are 5* exclusive, and each banner only has two or three colors rather than all four. This suggests current "Heroes with" banners tend to stick to 5* exclusives and are not concerned with color balance.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Previous recent "Heroes with" banners:

• June 23: Heroes with Death Blow: Siegbert, Reinhardt (sword), Delthea
  • May 27: Heroes with Stance Skills: Zelgius, Morgan (female), Shiro
  • April 22: Heroes with Combat Boosts: Ayra, Sonya, Lyn (CYL)
  • March 28: Heroes with Miracle: Sigurd, Delthea, Mist

All of those units are 5* exclusive, and each banner only has two or three colors rather than all four. This suggests current "Heroes with" banners tend to stick to 5* exclusives and are not concerned with color balance.

Two of those still have balanced colors. Ayra is red, Sonya is green, CYL Lyn is colorless. Sigurd is red, Delthea blue, and Mist colorless. So IS still did balanced colors at least half the time.

You are right that these are all 5 star exclusives though. Very weird. What happened to getting chances to pull characters at 5 star who are not normally 5 star? Not everyone wants to waste feathers on certain units... I'd rather have a chance at pulling a 5 star Lon'qu than use feathers on him. Just using an example, I know he doesn't have Luna.

I also wish four character banners would come back. More opportunities for focus units.

But I've been steadily losing interest in this game all together, so...

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Two of those still have balanced colors. Ayra is red, Sonya is green, CYL Lyn is colorless. Sigurd is red, Delthea blue, and Mist colorless. So IS still did balanced colors at least half the time.

You are right that these are all 5 star exclusives though. Very weird. What happened to getting chances to pull characters at 5 star who are not normally 5 star? Not everyone wants to waste feathers on certain units... I'd rather have a chance at pulling a 5 star Lon'qu than use feathers on him. Just using an example, I know he doesn't have Luna.

I'd rather spend feathers on common units that you're very likely to get instead of summoning for them when I can get super rare characters that you can almost not get otherwise Ignoring the fact that I have been pitybroken by Mia, TWICE off banner.

Edited by Michelaar

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and you're not representative of the entire player base. And go ahead, but I'll tell you you're wasting a good unit with a rare niche, and so rare that you could even say he's the only one with said niche (tanky axe cav).

4*+10 is an enough investment for most players; a 5*+0 Frederick has worse stats.

No single player is a representative of the entire player base, but I am pretty sure most players would not want to be pity broken by Frederick.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And I always see people say they'd rather have balanced colors than units sharing colors.

I think that applies more to Foci with new Heroes to correct the imbalance in the summoning pool.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Getting a character with Luna is still what this banner is about since that's the focus: characters with Luna.

And WOF!Hinoka, FH!Celica, and Mia all have Luna, so I do not see a problem.

Not everyone wants to waste feathers on certain units...

Not everyone has a Feather shortage either. Feathers are pretty cheap these days. With all the events and rewards, you can around 20,000 in 1 or 2 weeks.

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

I'd rather spend feathers on common units that you're very likely to get instead of summoning for them when I can get super rare characters that you can almost not get otherwise Ignoring the fact that I have been pitybroken by Mia, TWICE

There are few actual super rare characters though. Most 5 star units have been on multiple banners and will still be on more to come due to things like the legendary banners.

There are few actual super rare characters though. Most 5 star units have been on multiple banners and will still be on more to come due to things like the legendary banners.

The point is that they are rarer than Frederick. I currently have like around 15 Fredericks sitting in my barracks doing nothing, and I have already sent like dozens of him home already. I still only have 1 WOF!Hinoka.

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

4*+10 is an enough investment for most players; a 5*+0 Frederick has worse stats.

No single player is a representative of the entire player base, but I am pretty sure most players would not want to be pity broken by Frederick.

You said you were just foddering him though, not using him at all.

And I would disagree, I think most wouldn't mind being pity broken by him even if only because of his rare niche and the fact that horse emblem is great. They might generally prefer something else, but they wouldn't hate having a 5 star of him. Though I can agree that pulling a bad IV 5 star Frederick would suck, unless you just wanted merges.

And speaking of merges, that's another thing. I pulled a 5 star Frederick once, saving me 20,000 feathers I would've otherwise spent to upgrade and merge. Players that might already have a 5 star Frederick would likely appreciate a Frederick merge, especially if they already have plenty of other Luna fodder.

I think that applies more to Foci with new Heroes to correct the imbalance in the summoning pool.

"Foci"? What the hell kind of term is that, it sounds more like a scientific classification than the plural for focus. Anyway, I never really noticed people apply it to specific banners. But for me, it applies to all of them, personally.

And WOF!Hinoka, FH!Celica, and Mia all have Luna, so I do not see a problem.

The problem is that they get or will get on a lot of banners due to being 5 star exclusive. And they're always 5 star exclusive. Characters like Frederick and Catria will not and are not. Hell, Catria has only been on one banner ever. So there are few opportunities to get 5 stars of them without having to spend feathers.

It is just a banner to pull Luna fodder on, but it's still also nice to be able to pull a 5 star that isn't normally 5 star, especially if you want merges, like I said.

Not everyone has a Feather shortage either. Feathers are pretty cheap these days. With all the events and rewards, you can around 20,000 in 1 or 2 weeks.

Still doesn't mean there aren't units people don't want to spend feathers on, but wouldn't mind pulling a 5 star of at some point.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

The point is that they are rarer than Frederick. I currently have like around 15 Fredericks sitting in my barracks doing nothing, and I have already sent like dozens of him home already. I still only have 1 WOF!Hinoka.

Then you've pulled a hell of a lot more of him than me. I've only pulled maybe 20 of him since the game launched. I pull most other common greens more often than him.

And my point is that they're still not that rare when they get on a lot of banners already. Or in Hinoka's case, WILL get on a lot. Rarer than Frederick, sure, but not so rare that having Frederick and/or Catria on the banner instead is horrible or awful.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And I would disagree, I think most wouldn't mind being pity broken by him even if only because of his rare niche and the fact that horse emblem is great. They might generally prefer something else, but they wouldn't hate having a 5 star of him.

I'm sick of seeing his face at the other rarities.

37 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, I foddered Mia for Vantage, btw, just saying, and I'd gladly fodder her for Luna too. I wouldn't consider myself insane.

I beg to differ.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It is just a banner to pull Luna fodder on,

Likewise. Pulling on a banner specifically to acquire a skill accessible at 4* at all is... a poor investment as is, unless you're statistically significantly unlucky (I wouldn't mind a T-Adept banner for Roys, if only because I keep pulling literal junk when red focuses show up).

1 minute ago, bethany81707 said:

I beg to differ.

Wow, you're rude then.

1 minute ago, bethany81707 said:

Likewise. Pulling on a banner specifically to acquire a skill accessible at 4* at all is... a poor investment as is, unless you're statistically significantly unlucky (I wouldn't mind a T-Adept banner for Roys, if only because I keep pulling literal junk when red focuses show up).

Then I'm "statistically significantly unlucky" because I almost never pull Frederick or Catria. I did pull Frederick five times on a banner not long ago, but otherwise...I only pulled him like once every couple months or so. And Catria I've only pulled maybe half a dozen times.

Then I'm "statistically significantly unlucky" because I almost never pull Frederick or Catria. I did pull Frederick five times on a banner not long ago, but otherwise...I only pulled him like once every couple months or so. And Catria I've only pulled maybe half a dozen times.

Which most people consider 'frequently'. I've pulled Roy a grand total of two times, and I'm not entirely sure one of those times wasn't the free one. I still don't have Morgan or Ares after two attempts at a red focus. (It'd sting less if Chrom wasn't the best fodder unit I got as an alternative.)

I say I get Sothe pretty frequently, and I've probably pulled less Sothes than that.

3 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

My real question is why would you fodder Mia off for Vantage when she has Flashing blade which is a way rarer skill?

Besides, you have Reinhardt for Vantage fodder!

...And Lon'qu. (I've only got a million of him.)

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And I would disagree, I think most wouldn't mind being pity broken by him even if only because of his rare niche and the fact that horse emblem is great. They might generally prefer something else, but they wouldn't hate having a 5 star of him. Though I can agree that pulling a bad IV 5 star Frederick would suck, unless you just wanted merges.

You already have people complaining about being pity-broken by five-star units they’re not aiming for. I think being pity-broken by a common unit like Frederick would be much worse.

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The problem is that they get or will get on a lot of banners due to being 5 star exclusive. And they're always 5 star exclusive. Characters like Frederick and Catria will not and are not. Hell, Catria has only been on one banner ever. So there are few opportunities to get 5 stars of them without having to spend feathers.

Feathers are very very easy to come by nowadays. You get 3k feathers from one arena match a week. Then you have stuff like arena awards, VGs, TTs, the Gardens, sending home random units when your barracks are full, etc. Feathers should not be a problem to most people, unless they’re new, but even then, I’m sure newer players would appreciate the rarer five-stars.

Edited by Khid

20 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Which most people consider 'frequently'. I've pulled Roy a grand total of two times, and I'm not entirely sure one of those times wasn't the free one. I still don't have Morgan or Ares after two attempts at a red focus. (It'd sting less if Chrom wasn't the best fodder unit I got as an alternative.)

I say I get Sothe pretty frequently, and I've probably pulled less Sothes than that.

How is that considered frequently for a common 3-4 star unit? Especially for someone that wanted to make a 5 star +10 like I did with Frederick.

20 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

My real question is why would you fodder Mia off for Vantage when she has Flashing blade which is a way rarer skill?

RD Ike needed Vantage 3 and I had no other fodder for it at the time. I'd used up what I had previously. And I have no idea what Flashing Blade is or does and didn't bother to check. I needed Vantage way more since RD Ike is someone I use a lot and is also my favorite besides Freddy. Also, not like I was ever going to use Mia. I had a lot of good sword units already and I don't like her.

16 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Besides, you have Reinhardt for Vantage fodder!

...And Lon'qu. (I've only got a million of him.)

Except I didn't at the time.

14 minutes ago, Khid said:

You already have people complaining about being pity-broken by five-star units they’re not aiming for. I think being pity-broken by a common unit like Frederick would be much worse.

Well yeah, like I said, I'm sure most would've preferred something better than Frederick. I'm just saying that most would agree he's not the worst by far because of his niche and that he's good at that niche.

Edited by Anacybele