Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I don't want Mist at 5*, but I don't want her at 3-4* either. Frankly I prefer the situation with these obsolete 5* exclusives the way it is now - out of sight and out of mind - rather than any suggestion of demoting them, because I'd rather have the higher chance of summoning actually useful 3-4* units like Sothe, Legault and Klein left as it is instead of being diluted further.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

38 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Perhaps, yeah. I do imagine that IS has data on this and is more informed on these kinds of things more than just the average player. Honestly, I just really don't have any good will left towards the developers with their various choices.

Sure, trait fruits and removing the limit on RB attempts is something. It's an improvement to the QoL of the game. But for all the good decisions they make, there are still issues that continue to not get addressed and that many new features (like RB itself) only exist so they can get money for the new thing they're trying to push. And the power sprint. And I get that not everything can be fixed or addressed at once, but it really doesn't help that their actions just reek of desperation at times.

Yeah, that's fair. To be honest, I wouldn't really consider any of my feelings towards the developers to be good will either, per se. I think all of the things they're doing are calculated attempts to make as much money as possible through a rather unethical payment scheme, and I think they've proven pretty effective at doing so.

Personally, I think spending any amount of money on Heroes is incredibly wasteful, but as a free game, I do find it quite fun in its current state, and I think it's fascinating watching Heroes continuously grow and change. As unethical as I find its method of monetization, I take the admittedly selfish perspective that Heroes staying profitable is beneficial to me personally, since it means the game will stick around longer and therefore add more cool stuff. There's still some things I take issue with, but that way of looking at it helps me stay positive about a lot of things I'd otherwise find disappointing.

Speaking of changes I dislike, that "stat changes" visualization at the bottom of the update notification looks pretty bad and not particularly useful. I wonder if there will be a way to turn it off. Another thing that struck me, looking through the notification again: no new Aether Resort music? I've been avoiding it anyway while saving up for accessories, but still, that's odd.

Edited by Othin

2 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

Resonant Battles for next week are SD/Genealogy themed. This leads to suggest that, most likely, at least one half of our new Harmonic Hero will be from one of those titles. Predictions?

Probably Shadow Dragon, since Genealogy is following the filter order after Echoes.

I don't expect Marth or Caeda, since they already got a seasonal alt this year, and Marth already have a Duo Hero so I don't expect him to be in the Harmonized Hero.... not that matters, but still... Maybe Tiki?

9 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Probably Shadow Dragon, since Genealogy is following the filter order after Echoes.

I don't expect Marth or Caeda, since they already got a seasonal alt this year, and Marth already have a Duo Hero so I don't expect him to be in the Harmonized Hero.... not that matters, but still... Maybe Tiki?

I don't think Harmonized Heroes have any obligation to be major characters, just ones that have formed some connection with someone outside their game. Maybe in a Forging Bonds or TT?

Looking at the calendar, we're likely to get the trailer on the 10/6 as it'll be 28 hours from the 10/8 seasonal banner. They've been pretty consistent with releasing trailers on the last day of VG so there's a chance they might delay the trailer to 10/7 instead to coincide with the end of VG.

2 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Looking at the calendar, we're likely to get the trailer on the 10/6 as it'll be 28 hours from the 10/8 seasonal banner. They've been pretty consistent with releasing trailers on the last day of VG so there's a chance they might delay the trailer to 10/7 instead to coincide with the end of VG.

Actually the trailer should be out on 10/5 since the Tempest Trial banner will be out on the 10/6. So on Sunday we should get silhouettes and the trailer should be Monday (assuming they don't reveal them in a FEH Channel again like last year).

16 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

The TT banner starts on 10/6, so we'll have to get the trailer by then. 52 hours is as typical as 28.

Yeah, I posted in another thread, but I suspect a FEH channel either tonight or tomorrow night, with the trailer officially dropping on Monday, right before reset. I don’t think we have ever gotten the TT banner without already knowing who the new heroes are gonna be.

9 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

9 hours ago, Othin said:

The TT banner starts on 10/6, so we'll have to get the trailer by then. 52 hours is as typical as 28.

Not to mention the Version Update is on 10/6. If they give us the trailer in this day, we will have the datamine of the special heroes hours before the trailer. 

The trailer has to be on 10/5 at max.

16 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Not to mention the Version Update is on 10/6. If they give us the trailer in this day, we will have the datamine of the special heroes hours before the trailer. 

The trailer has to be on 10/5 at max.

I mean, they've done that before. Not recently, but they've done it.

The TT banner is the thing that's really ironclad, I don't think there's ever been an exception. Especially since it goes up alongside the TT newspost, which includes an image of the bonus heroes and therefore all the banner units.

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah, but leaking the NY Banner in the datamine every year is a tradition, just like the first Summer Banner getting leaked. lol

And a wonderful tradition it is! 😄 

I am late on this, but the recent Grand Conquests was awful on the first infernal difficulty. I got memed on by a +Spd Arthur in one round and a CYL Edelgard almost soloed me. I think that was the closest I have ever gotten to the enemy team wiping out my camps and fortress. The incident with Arthur made me realize something and that Arthur with Atk/Spd Unity or any Unity really could stack a ton of stats.

The unique refinement on Arthur's Axe trades penalty neutralization for +1 to his stats compared to Brunnya's Fimbulvetr and Idunn's Demonic Breath. Arthur can potentially get +8 to his stats with both effects in play, but he is reliant on field buffs for the base effect which Panic would ruin, there is the possibly of his axe not being able to even out the debuffs if not still ending up with a net loss depending on how severe the debuffs were and if he was inflicted with Panic with +6 stat field buffs, and by not addressing the penalty, he is susceptible to weapons like Blizzard, unique refined Blue-Crow Tome, Broadleaf Fan, unique refined Gloom Breath, Light of Dawn, unique refined Saizo's Dagger, and unique refined Spy's Dagger. Anyway, so maybe not that great at the time and maybe still now because of the issue of not actually addressing the penalty. But then berserk Ike was introduced with Chaos Ragnell's penalty reversing effect and CYL Dimitri introduced the Unity line of skills. They are in a similar situation as Arthur where they do not neutralize penalties on them which can be taken advantage in some way, but being able to reverse penalties to such a degree means they can stack a ton of stats.

Arthur would be able to use any of the Unity skills really. The problem would be getting debuffs on those stats since his stats aren't really that high. +Spd Arthur with his unique refined axe has 46 HP, 48 Atk, 32 Spd, 30 Def, and 24 Res; subtract 3 for -HP or -Res and 4 for -Def. He's a 3* to 4*, so it can be easy to merge him where at +10, he would have 50 HP, 52 Atk, 36 Spd, 34 Def, and 28 Res. With even more investment through 15 Dragonflowers, he would have 53 HP, 55 Atk, 39 Spd, 37 Def, and 31 Res. Still, probably could have trouble attracting Chills and Chill-like effects unless you deliberately set him in range of a Ploys or have him be affected by Sabotages.

Nevertheless, his unique refinement effect and a Unity would be able to grant him a net gain of +17 to two stats with -7 debuffs on the two applicable stats of the Unity he is running; 5 (unique refinement) + 5 (within 2 spaces of ally) + 7 (net gain of penalty reversing) = 17. He would also be able to get an additional +3 from the base effect with a field buff on him, but with Panic in play, it would not work and at worst with I guess a Panicked +6 field debuff, he'd have -6 to whatever stat which would take away from the stat boosts of his unique refinement and a Unity; I think -1 with only the unique refinement, +4 with Unity if it targets one of the stats, but it's not debuffed, and up to +11 with a -7 field debuff on one of the two stats of the Unity he is running.

On another note, I am wondering if perhaps someone showing up with Hardy Bearing 4: "Disables foe's skills that change attack priority", on their weapon, as an exclusive skill, or even introducing Hardy Bearing as a skill itself might not be too crazy nowadays. Bypassing Vantage and ruining Desperation, Holy War's End, and unique refined Urvan's forced follow-up when initiating against CYL Ike while still being able to have Desperation, Vantage, or a similar skill.

I wonder if we will get a Feh Channel this month... Normally we know that a Channel is coming when we only get the refinements info instead of the full version update info, but was not the case this time.

We still could get info about a possible Fall/Harvest event again, like last year.

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I wonder if we will get a Feh Channel this month... Normally we know that a Channel is coming when we only get the refinements info instead of the full version update info, but was not the case this time.

We still could get info about a possible Fall/Harvest event again, like last year.

I used to think that was how it worked, but I think we've gotten a few basic update notifications like this that were followed by a Feh Channel introducing some sort of bigger changes.

The didn't mention the new concert hall songs in the update, those were Castle (March) from Gaiden, Beaultiful Princess Elincia (PoR) and Conquest (Awakening).

Conquest is now my menu track because Yes. I want to make it the permanent map theme.