Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Just saw this being mentioned on reddit as an idea, what would you guys think if they made a kind of "remix" for the Brave Heroes that came in 2nd place (like, doing it for CYL1 when they do refines for CYL3) and give them prf skills like the first place of each side had? 

Many of the old 1st place winners could use upgrades to their old prf passives, so pairing it with that could be fun.

Although if they kept giving later Brave Heroes upgrades to their prf passives, that could have some... terrifying implications.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Othin said:

Many of the old 1st place winners could use upgrades to their old prf passives, so pairing it with that could be fun.

Although if they kept giving later Brave Heroes upgrades to their prf passives, that could have some... terrifying implications.

Yeah, the newer Braves doesn't need it that much. That's why my idea would be to do it with ~4 years of "delay" (This year we get CYL5, refines for CYL3, skill remix for CYL1), that way the heroes we voted for could keep being relevant (or become relevant, in the case of some of them)

Lyn: Brave Lady would be fun with full Firesweep, along with full Canto, or maybe even Raging Storm on top of full Canto and give her Hanon's Zeal. It would be neat if they can give Ike: Brave Mercenary Dull all with unconditional Dodge on top.

Celica: Warrior Priestess would be nice without having to deal with the HP requirement and maybe throw in unconditional Desperation and guaranteed follow-up attack. Hector: Brave Warrior can be changed to Atk/Def-4 on enemies instead and with Special Fighter, Dull all, and maybe full Save on top.

Alm: Imperial Ascent can use a Brave Sword and his skill can deal additional damage based on foe's Def. Micaiah: Queen of Dawn needs guaranteed follow-up on her Weapon, and her skill can be upgraded to include damage reduction and Sabotage all stats without a stat check.

Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor can include damage reduction on first hit too, healing, and Special Fighter, and her Weapon can give her Raging Storm. Dimitri: King of Faeghus will need unconditional Dodge on his Weapon and B, upgrade to full A slot Breath effect to Weapon with Slaying, and Null Follow-Up to B.

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

Just saw this being mentioned on reddit as an idea, what would you guys think if they made a kind of "remix" for the Brave Heroes that came in 2nd place (like, doing it for CYL1 when they do refines for CYL3) and give them prf skills like the first place of each side had? 

The problem with exclusive skills is that they don't get better with time, whereas the progression of inheritable skills will constantly chip away at any advantage exclusive skills give until it is no longer worth using it.

Rather than giving new exclusive skills to old second place winners, I'd rather them give remix versions of the exclusive skills on old first place winners with underwhelming exclusive skills. Beorc's Blessing is flat out awful. Double Lion was only made usable after Royal Sword received a refine. Sacae's Blessing is not reliable enough to use over Firesweep Bow now that there are so many more threatening beasts and tome units as well as multiple units capable of using the superior Null Follow-Up + Windsweep combination.

Now that the first two years' second place winners have gotten refines for their weapons, the only one who really needs something new to differentiate themselves is Roy, and that's only because Resplendent Eliwood has the exact same weapon and a nearly identical stat spread (+3/+1/-2/-1/+10). Instead of giving Roy an exclusive skill that could eventually become obsolete, I'd prefer they just give him a Resplendent version to revert the gap in stats between him and Eliwood (+1/-1/-4/-3/+8). It was a mistake to give Eliwood access to Blazing Durandal in the first place (and I think they realized this given they stopped implementing exclusive weapon evolutions after Dark Mystletainn), but what's done is done.

Edited by Ice Dragon

On 5/6/2021 at 9:09 PM, Naoshi said:

I don't think so but I hope for nino.

On 5/6/2021 at 10:08 PM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm gonna stick with my Nino prediction, even though I've continuously been wrong with it, haha. But if the next Resplendent is Embla, I can see Nino fitting the theme. And then Jaffar can fit the Hel theme.

Congratulations. It's Nino, in Emblian attire. And her take on it is more unique - I thought I was looking at Askr or Nifl.

The next one is most likely Nioavellir. So I'm going to guess Dorcas if 5 star, and Frederick if 4 star.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Resplendent Nino art:

Spoiler

E1Ai9gsXEAAwJIr?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Given that she is among my +10s, I'm definitely pleased with this pick. But at the same time, god is Embla one of the most boring themes.

I would like to see Catria next (especially if the theme is steampunk), but my actual guess will be anyone who isn't Celica or Ephraim Ishtar.

10 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I think FallenEdelgard actually has the potential to be a game killer. She just devoured both of my supertanks, while they were on defensive tiles, and took no damage from the exchange. She was +5 and not optimized, with no ally support.

I think a Spurn tank should do fine though. Her Spd is pretty low, so she would not be able to deal much damage.

29 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Both were Spurn tanks, and one was a +10 Brave Ike with summoner support. So... yeah.

Damn. Hitting through two stacks of Spurn is something. How is she devouring Ike: Brave Mercenary? Is it through her Special trigger?

The only other thing I can think of is to try to use Gustav: Majestic Love on a Save tank team since he has stronger damage reduction and two Flayns will provide even more damage reduction.

28 minutes ago, XRay said:

Damn. Hitting through two stacks of Spurn is something. How is she devouring Ike: Brave Mercenary? Is it through her Special trigger?

The only other thing I can think of is to try to use Gustav: Majestic Love on a Save tank team since he has stronger damage reduction and two Flayns will provide even more damage reduction.

Gustav's damage reduction depends on the foe doubling, it shouldn't help against Fallen Edelgard.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

I'm not terribly surprised. A maxed out +10+15 Brave Ike [=Def] with no Def support and no Def-boosting passive skills has only 52 Def on a fortification tile after Twin-Crest Power's effect. A +5+0 Fallen Edelgard [+Atk] has 71 Atk with one stack of her default Ideal and has a Bonfire that hits for 26 damage. That still hits for 7 damage normally and 17 damage with Bonfire for a total 24 damage per turn. With Rally buffs, she hits for 10 damage normally and 21 damage with Bonfire for 31 damage per turn.

Ideally, you'd want to be running Pulse Smoke on your tank, as it will permanently block Edelgard's Bonfire due to her being unable to perform a follow-up attack, but anything that counteracts her Special charge rate bonus will at least delay a Bonfire to her third attack.

While Gustav's damage reduction won't apply against her, a +0+0 Gustav [=] with his default kit and the Close Def Sacred Seal has 58 Def after Twin-Crest Power's effect when activating Save and lowers Edelgard's Atk by 6, resulting in Edelgard doing only 7 damage to him on each of her first two attacks, and this is without the help of a fortification tile. Even if Edelgard is danced, her Bonfire will land for 30 damage, which is still nowhere near enough to kill him. With a fortification tile, Gustav has 75 Def and takes 0 damage from Edelgard's normal attacks and only 13 damage from her Bonfire.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Gustav's damage reduction depends on the foe doubling, it shouldn't help against Fallen Edelgard.

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

While Gustav's damage reduction won't apply against her, a +0+0 Gustav [=] with his default kit and the Close Def Sacred Seal has 58 Def after Twin-Crest Power's effect when activating Save and lowers Edelgard's Atk by 6, resulting in Edelgard doing only 7 damage to him on each of her first two attacks, and this is without the help of a fortification tile. Even if Edelgard is danced, her Bonfire will land for 30 damage, which is still nowhere near enough to kill him. With a fortification tile, Gustav has 75 Def and takes 0 damage from Edelgard's normal attacks and only 13 damage from her Bonfire.

Oh yeah. She is too slow to double, and she disables her own doubles anyways.

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not terribly surprised. A maxed out +10+15 Brave Ike [=Def] with no Def support and no Def-boosting passive skills has only 52 Def on a fortification tile after Twin-Crest Power's effect. A +5+0 Fallen Edelgard [+Atk] has 71 Atk with one stack of her default Ideal and has a Bonfire that hits for 26 damage. That still hits for 7 damage normally and 17 damage with Bonfire for a total 24 damage per turn. With Rally buffs, she hits for 10 damage normally and 21 damage with Bonfire for 31 damage per turn.

I see. I run Pulse Smoke so I guess I do not have worry about her as much, although she would still significantly slowdown Aether on my Ike: Brave Mercenary.

im guessing you guys are finding zombie edelgard on AR? is she as common in arena? i dont run tanks and firelight Lilina is my main nuke, how good is edel against magic?

Also, as much as i detest to admit it, fallen Ike is..good. guy almost solo'd the limited hero battle on infernal, probably would have if i cared to invest on him. I admit it; he's good. I'm almost sure he was the monster in his debut banner, just as fallen edelgard is on this one. but i still deeply hate the guy.

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

im guessing you guys are finding zombie edelgard on AR? is she as common in arena? i dont run tanks and firelight Lilina is my main nuke, how good is edel against magic?

I have not seen Edelgard: Hegemon Husk in Aether Raids yet. She is not common either in my score range of 730-740 in Arena.

She should survive most Alm: Saint King and Celica: Queen of Valentia, but they are designed to take a dump on bulky tanks, so she can get heavily hurt in the process depending on their setup, so she might not survive the rest of the team. Windsweep users like Byleth: Fell Star's Duo and Selena: Flourspar are even more deadly since they can initiate with impunity where you cannot kill them in retaliation with a Bonfire trigger. An Infantry Pulse team (particularly ones with multiple Blazing nukes) will quickly chew through her defenses, but the good thing is that they are not very common anymore.

Personally, I would not use her as an enemy phase unit since that is not her role and there are far better units who can do that. Edelgard: Hegemon Husk is best used as a dual phase Galeforcer to take out the most dangerous player phase nukes and dual phase units, that way, she does not need extraction since she has enough enemy phase performance to survive against the remaining units with weaker combat performance on the defense team.

Also, as much as i detest to admit it, fallen Ike is..good. guy almost solo'd the limited hero battle on infernal, probably would have if i cared to invest on him. I admit it; he's good. I'm almost sure he was the monster in his debut banner, just as fallen edelgard is on this one. but i still deeply hate the guy.

A unit or team composition that is good in one mode does not necessarily mean they are good in another mode. PvE content is generally a lot more forgiving than Aether Raids since there is no penalty to restarting. What flies in PvE content is not going to fly in PvP content and vice versa. Counter-Vantage is a viable strategy in Aether Raids (although much more difficult to use now), does not work too well in Abyssal maps due to super high bulk of enemy units, and it takes more skill to use Counter-Vantage in Abyssal than Aether Raids in my opinion. On the other hand, a super tank team that does well in Aether Raids will do poorly in Abyssal maps since Abyssal maps have enemies that spawn on all sides.

Ike: Zeal Unleashed is good, but he still has vulnerabilities. While Infantry Pulse teams and Blazing nukes were on a decline by the time he was released, they were still kind of common back then, so he cannot always survive them depending on the set up.

Edited by XRay

Fallen Edelgard on enemy phase is intended to kill in a single hit with Bonfire due to the fact that her exclusive skills allow her to charge it after one hit.

When using magic to kill her, you need to either kill her in one hit (such as an AoE Special or effective damage), or you need to have both Null Follow-Up and way to block (Windsweep) or delay (Desperation) her counterattack, or you need to have a Guard effect to prevent Bonfire from activating and enough bulk to survive a counterattack without the Special activation.

However, if you're using anything other than Sweep effects, you need to make damned sure you actually have the Atk stat to break her defenses, as while Edelgard is by default built for physical bulk, she can also easily be built for magical bulk.

For AoE builds in particular, the most common ones are very close to dealing exact damage, meaning changes to builds and buffs can easily determine whether or not Edelgard dies.

A +10+15 Ophelia [+Atk] with an optimized Hardy Bearing build hits 69 Atk without buffs or summoner support. A +10+5 Fallen Edelgard [+Res] with her default kit and no Sacred Seal or summoner support hits 50 HP and 48 Res. Ophelia deals 31+15=46 damage, which fails to kill Edelgard. Changing Ophelia's visible Atk or changing Edelgard's visible Res by 1 point will change the damage dealt by 2.5 points, whereas changing only the in-combat stats by 1 point will change the damage dealt by 1 point.

A +10+5 Legendary Lilina [+Atk] with an optimized build (Life and Death 4, Lull */Res 3, Life and Death 3) hits 77 visible Atk without buffs or summoner support. Using the same Edelgard as above, Lilina deals 23+32=55 damage, which kills Edelgard. Changing Lilina's visible Atk or changing Edelgard's visible Res by 1 point will change the damage dealt by 1.8 points, whereas changing the in-combat stats by 1 point will change the damage dealt by 1 point.

3 hours ago, Naoshi said:

We probably will see her often once she is a bonus unit.

Yeah... I shudder to think of what she'll be like with bonus stats (essentially unbeatable for all but the whaliest of whales).

I will probably go light on PvP modes during those seasons. To say that F!Edelgard is cancer is barely hyperbole, and they'd do well not to release more units of her power level, lest they kill the casual playerbase outright.

As is, she's just one more unit I refuse to fight (like Legendary Claude or Valentine's Lif) if I see them in an Arena or AR preview.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

38 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Yeah... I shudder to think of what she'll be like with bonus stats

as far as i know, enemies don't get the usual extra stats thing for being bouns units in arena, only your bonus units do

but it's also entirely possible that it's as you say and i never noticed it, i wouldn't be surprised

I have one thought about Resplendent Nino: why does she still have a Red tome?
She's had Iris's Tome for a while now, shouldn't she have that instead?

Otherwise nice art. Stat boost isn't necessary by any means, but it is welcome, and while I +10ed her already I'm sure someone will want Gronnblade at some point.

Edited by Xenomata

3 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Yeah... I shudder to think of what she'll be like with bonus stats (essentially unbeatable for all but the whaliest of whales).

I will probably go light on PvP modes during those seasons. To say that F!Edelgard is cancer is barely hyperbole, and they'd do well not to release more units of her power level, lest they kill the casual playerbase outright.

As is, she's just one more unit I refuse to fight (like Legendary Claude or Valentine's Lif) if I see them in an Arena or AR preview.

I use Firesweepers to handle problematic units, although they might not be viable depending on where you want to score.