Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

So I'm currently training up my shiny new 4* Lilina, 3* Nino and 5* Faye, and I stuck my 3* Gwendolyn on that team to be a meat shield for all of these squishies while they snipe from behind her.

And, uh... So is it the fact that mine is just a badass (I never bothered to check her bane or boon, and I won't get another chance till I've trained her up to level 20), or is Gwendolyn kind of a beast? She's one-rounding Alm in the Paralogue chapters, taking 1 damage each round at the most. Clair and Lukas can't even touch her at all, and she one-shots mages and most infantry.

She's got far higher attack than my only other armor, Sheena, and while Sheena's got greater defenses, Gwendolyn's are high enough to be able to tank mages and physical units alike. The low armor movement range hasn't been a problem either, with the reposition feature and the fact that I can just shove her into a chokepoint and profit.

I dunno. I imagine she falls off hard in usefulness later, but...I gotta say, I expected a lot less of her when I first pulled her. And she's only a 3*.

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Here, have a Lachesis and a Lucius as they should've been:

LxIOPuG.pngbkJaoBr.png

(this is what the Earth Sword looked like in Jugdral, before Awakening usurped the shape) 

It's so beautiful... I never realized how much I hurt for mage!Lucius rather than healer!Lucius...

Though it's not like we could have Raquesis with a staff and the Earth Sword.... Still would have preferred her as a fighter...

Edited by Extrasolar

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

24 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

LxIOPuG.pngbkJaoBr.png

(this is what the Earth Sword looked like in Jugdral, before Awakening usurped the shape) 

That image of Lachesis is inaccurate

I demand a horse, Axe on her right hand, sword on her left hand, Lance on her back, and theres a magic seal below her horse. And Staff on her armpit

@Extrasolar Sheena and Gwendolyn actually have essentially identical stats

I don't remember the weapon, but if you notice better performance on Gwendy, its likely because of color. She does have Hone Armor for what it worth

Edited by JSND

23 minutes ago, JSND said:

Sheena and Gwendolyn actually have essentially identical stats

Oh yeah, for the most part, they're very close.

But my Sheena at Level 9 has 16 ATK, while my Gwendolyn at Level 12 has 23 ATK. They're pretty much identical in defenses and speed.

And as an aside, my Sheena is 4*, and Gwendolyn is only 3*.

Gwendolyn is wielding a Steel Lance, which has one greater might than Sheena's Killer Axe. But...yeah, I guess her being a blue does have something to do with her being more useful than Sheena.

The greater attack is what I really appreciate. I've been trying to have her facetank for my mages and Faye, and she ends up murdering the enemy on the enemy phase more often than not and soaking up that EXP. Lol.

Edited by Extrasolar

31 minutes ago, JSND said:

That image of Lachesis is inaccurate

I demand a horse, Axe on her right hand, sword on her left hand, Lance on her back, and theres a magic seal below her horse. And Staff on her armpit

0KYgy61.png

I decided to invoke artistic ilberty and stuck the staff into the horse's mouth because I could.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

0KYgy61.png

I decided to invoke artistic ilberty and stuck the staff into the horse's mouth because I could.

As someone who has never played FE4, this is a terrifying but beautiful image.

4 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

9tWRPsZ.png

i'm here to barge in with unrelated content, ran into a surprise new(?) skill in the training tower. dunno if anyone else has seen or mentioned it

Bunny Chrom has it.

2 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

Bunny Chrom has it.

oh, whoops, i suck. i used my friend's vanilla Bunny Chrom in the gauntlet a lot and didn't even remember him having it, smh..

ya'll carry on making absurdly amazing Lachesis sprites and ignore the fool that is me

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

0KYgy61.png

Why is this not a thing IS.

The ultimate Fool unit.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

0KYgy61.png

Still can't inherit [insert arbitrary skills healers are locked out of] because... look, staff!

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

LxIOPuG.pngbkJaoBr.png

Nice!

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

0KYgy61.png

EVEN BETTER!!!!!!1!1!

:D

8 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I wonder, when will we get Heroes with weapons like Javelins and Levin Swords? The former could be a 2-range weapon only maybe, and the latter a magical attack.

Also, muh Regalia. Release Garm now.

I think it's best not to get your hopes up for thrown weapons and magic weapons. Those don't seem to be mechanics they want to use in this game: letting any character turn into an archer or a mage could allow for all sorts of broken stuff. So far, we've just seen 1-2 range weapons handled as having built-in Distant Counter, and even then only on ultimate weapons. They might play around more with that space on ultimate weapons, but not on stuff like javelins that could be inherited.

More Sacred Twins weapons would be cool, but they'd need to be assigned as ultimate weapons to particular characters, and I'm not sure who. Nidhogg on Innes would fit, and I guess Garm could go on Vigarde if he's included?

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I think it's best not to get your hopes up for thrown weapons and magic weapons. Those don't seem to be mechanics they want to use in this game: letting any character turn into an archer or a mage could allow for all sorts of broken stuff. So far, we've just seen 1-2 range weapons handled as having built-in Distant Counter, and even then only on ultimate weapons. They might play around more with that space on ultimate weapons, but not on stuff like javelins that could be inherited.

More Sacred Twins weapons would be cool, but they'd need to be assigned as ultimate weapons to particular characters, and I'm not sure who. Nidhogg on Innes would fit, and I guess Garm could go on Vigarde if he's included?

Tana gets Vidofnir. It's the Winged Spear, who else gets it? I'm totally not biased, what are you talking about?

Audhulma goes straight on Joshua. Ivaldi is L'Arachel's unless they pull a Lucius (fun fact: L'Arachel can only use Ivaldi in one of her promotions- the other promotion path is anima). Gleipnir, Garm and Excalibur are less obvious. Maybe Knoll gets Gleipnir- he's the only one that really, 'canonically' gets Dark magic?

(On a similar note, what do you think Amelia and Ewan will be? Amelia has potential to be an infantry, cavalry or armoured lancer, while Ewan could use dark or anima families of magic, with a preference to the latter due to starting with it at base).

I've got Anna and Alphonse to 4* level 40 now.  Should I go ahead and promote both of them to 5*?  I've got the feathers, and I'm feeling just crazy enough to do it.

36 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Tana gets Vidofnir. It's the Winged Spear, who else gets it? I'm totally not biased, what are you talking about?

Audhulma goes straight on Joshua. Ivaldi is L'Arachel's unless they pull a Lucius (fun fact: L'Arachel can only use Ivaldi in one of her promotions- the other promotion path is anima). Gleipnir, Garm and Excalibur are less obvious. Maybe Knoll gets Gleipnir- he's the only one that really, 'canonically' gets Dark magic?

(On a similar note, what do you think Amelia and Ewan will be? Amelia has potential to be an infantry, cavalry or armoured lancer, while Ewan could use dark or anima families of magic, with a preference to the latter due to starting with it at base).

I'm not sure if L'Arachel or Joshua are protagonist enough to get signature weapons.  It seems that only Lords or Fates Royals have been getting signature weapons so far.

I'm guessing Lance Infantry for Amelia, like Donnel, and Red Anima Mage for Ewan

32 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

L'arachel is definitely going to be a healer. I'd rather have her as a mage, but I don't think they've ever made a primary healer into a mage yet. It's not "pulling a Lucius", it's pulling a Clarine/Priscilla and giving her the exact equipment type she always used.

Those are certainly assignments that would make sense from the premise of expecting the weapons to be in the game at all, but that's not something to assume. Looking back at FE6, they could have given Apocalypse to Sophia or Raigh, but they didn't. Hypothetically, it could be coming later on Niime, but I doubt it. They just opted not to include most of that game's S rank weapons at all rather than adding them to various regular characters who didn't have special ties to them. Most likely, the same thing will happen with FE8. Innes is a special case because he's one of the most prominent characters in the game (as is L'arachel, but she's a healer), but tossing around the weapons to regular characters seems a bit odd and not really fitting with how Heroes has been handling ultimate weapons. Tana and Joshua are royalty with reasonable claims to be the first in line for their respective weapons, but even they seem a bit sketchy to me, personally.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've got Anna and Alphonse to 4* level 40 now.  Should I go ahead and promote both of them to 5*?  I've got the feathers, and I'm feeling just crazy enough to do it.

I'm not sure if L'Arachel or Joshua are protagonist enough to get signature weapons.  It seems that only Lords or Fates Royals have been getting signature weapons so far.

I'm guessing Lance Infantry for Amelia, like Donnel, and Red Anima Mage for Ewan

Tell that to Jeorge.  

@Rezzy Jeorge, Merric and Linde got Parthia, Excalibur and Aura respectively, despite the fact that the game was missing Gronnwolf and Blarwolf tomes on player units.

@Othin I know: I was originally going to say 'not pulling a Lucius', but then it sounded stilted. Hence the jab at L'Arachel not getting light magic as a Mage Knight.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Tell that to Jeorge.  

Jeorge starts with Parthia in FE3/12, so he has a pretty strong claim on it even if it seems a bit weird.

4 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Tell that to Jeorge.  

Forgot about him.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

@Rezzy Jeorge, Merric and Linde got Parthia, Excalibur and Aura respectively, despite the fact that the game was missing Gronnwolf and Blarwolf tomes on player units.

@Othin I know: I was originally going to say 'not pulling a Lucius', but then it sounded stilted. Hence the jab at L'Arachel not getting light magic as a Mage Knight.

True about Merric and Linde, I guess for their tomes, I did not think to think of them as Legendary-ish weapons even though they somewhat are.  For Aura, I stole it from Linde and used it on my Avatar in FE12.  I suppose there is precedent for giving Legendaries to side characters.

It's inevitable that L'arachel is going to be healer. But here's hoping that she's at least a troubadour. I doubt the Latona staff is going to be added due to how overpowered it'll be. But it'd be nice if they did add it. I really want all the sacred twin weapons but who would wield the Grado's weapons? I'm sure Duessel will wield the Garm, but what of the Gleipnir? Same with the Invaldi (L'arachel is not going to use that since she'll most likely be a healer) and the Nidhogg.

EDIT: Perhaps Lyon can use Gleipnir? But it's probably going to be Naglfar.

Edited by Falcom

Just now, Vaximillian said:

@Falcom Gleipnir for Knoll, Garm for Duessel or Dozla, Ivaldi for Artur, Nidhogg for Innes?

Why would Dozla get Garm when he has no connection to Grado? Same with Artur and Ivaldi. Innes and Duessel makes sense though. If anyone will get those weapons, it'll be them.

Archanean Regalia is kinda weird because in reality its less Legendary and more a really really strong generic items. IIRC FE3 lore states that their status as a Legendary weapon is essentially glorification

It do make me wonder why we dont have Astram here though. 

Edited by JSND

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Why would Dozla get Garm when he has no connection to Grado? Same with Artur and Ivaldi. Innes and Duessel makes sense though. If anyone will get those weapons, it'll be them.

Because I gave those weapons to them in my latest Sacred Stones run? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Okay, let's go over it from scratch.

Renais: Sieglinde for Eirika and Siegmund for Ephraim (duh);
Frelia: Vidofnir for Tana and Nidhogg for Innes;
Grado: Garm for Duessel and Gleipnir for Knoll? (Lyon will definitely have Naglfar);
Jehanna: Audhluma for Joshua (and Ismaire) and Excalibur for Merricnobody (or maybe Saleh?);
Rausten: Latona for L'Arachel (in some way) and Ivaldi for nobody.

We aren't actually given any mages from Rausten, and Jehanna has Ewan who's a trainee and Saleh who has no connection to the royal family.