Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

39 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Alfonse would like a word with you.

Brave Sword has half the Mt of Fòlkvangr but is considered much better for general use--especially if you're wanting to run a more offensive variant--than it, considering it has perfect synergy with Death Blow.

Although, dumping 20k feathers just to have a unit inherit a weapon is a bit much, like @Rezzy is saying, especially if you're not in a position to whale.

Ah, I completely forgot about Alfonse! But yeah, that's a good counterpoint.
And maybe Brave Sword Zephiel is a better option then Eckesachs Zephiel too? I remember reading about that option in the Skill Inheritance Discussion and dismissing it, but looking back on it, it actually sounds pretty good.
But generally the legendary weapons are better than any replacement option, yeah?

And yeah, dumping 20k feathers to inherit is a bit much. But if you happen to pull a 5-Star you don't care about, then you can burn them for their weapon.

47 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I say, Give Nino Gronnwolf and Blue Tome breaker and call it a day  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

...I was gonna say this wouldn't work as well as it does for F!Robin
But it does work
Might even work better in fact
At least when Nino's attacking
But Gronnblade Nino is better

When I said "Female Robin is a good counter to Horse Emblem" I didn't mean that she wasn't. I was just saying that being a good counter to horse emblem isn't exactly making me go "OMG! I need Female Robin in my life!" Its more like "Well I'm just gonna sit here and wait until horse emblem becomes an actual thing, then I can whip out my Female Robin". 

I know that she is good at her craft, but she isn't really that great otherwise Unless you use Ice Dragon's expensive A build

Ah, alright. That makes sense.

You'll find it funny that my Female Robin is only 4 star level 36 after all this time

Mine's 4-Star Level 39, so yours is roughly where mine is, actually.

So she's pretty much already ready for when Camus drops, since I doubt you'll need her at 5-Stars to kill him with a wolfhead.

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

But that doesn't quite make sense, to me.........

Why would I make a 5 star Female Robin and give her Gronnraven when 

1. Male Robin has a raven tome already

2. Male Robin also offers sword protection, which also means you can give him a tome breaker as well

If I had all those resources, I could think of 3 different ways to use each one of those units necessary on someone more worth my time (except for maybe Cecilia)

Because some people like F!Robin enough to give her a lot of resources to make her work.

Plus F!Robin offers Blue Tome protection, so you won't have to worry about Linde/Ursula/Reinhardt/Olwen/Odin and can most likely handle Archers and Daggers fairly well with Gronnraven and Triangle Adept 3 (which should also be on M!Robin, since he gets WTA over more colors than most characters thanks to his -raven tome), and can probably handle Lances decently enough too with her DEF, so she's covering 1/2 the colors in the game by herself... and she's not covering something as widespread as Reds, but she is covering the color that counters Reds, so you could run her with a swordy who would like protection from, say, M!Robin.

And for 3 uses for Cecilia's skills, you could just give Gronnraven to Bunny Camilla so she can fight Archers better, Rally Resistance to Ephraim/Eirika so he/she can buff 3 of Nino/Tharja/Odin's stats, and Escape Route 3 to a Dancer so they can get Reciprocal Aided under 50% HP by a frontliner and then teleport to people who need dancing.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

• Replies 77.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Sonic Boom said:

Do we have confirmation that the "Robyn" and Navarre GHBs will refresh the completion rewards or not?

Given that theoretically the GHB units are the only units outside of the Spring Quad we cannot have an infinite army of, opening up the rewards for GHBs again would give people the ability to have a full team of Robyns and Navarres for the purpose of speed HM grinding.

There's no information on whether you can get duplicates or not if you have already completed them. Given that normal Hero Battles do not allow you to obtain the reward more than once and that the Michalis early bird event also didn't, I wouldn't put out any hope for them doing so for Grand Hero Battle reruns.

6 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

So she's pretty much already ready for when Camus drops, since I doubt you'll need her at 5-Stars to kill him with a wolfhead.

Grani's Shield says hi.

14 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Ah, I completely forgot about Alfonse! But yeah, that's a good counterpoint.
And maybe Brave Sword Zephiel is a better option then Eckesachs Zephiel too? I remember reading about that option in the Skill Inheritance Discussion and dismissing it, but looking back on it, it actually sounds pretty good.
But generally the legendary weapons are better than any replacement option, yeah?

Zephiel's a bit different, though. He can't use a Brave Sword offensively like Alfonse can because of his lower movement, not to mention most of his combat occurs on enemy phase, where having his Prf for the extra Mt--and Threaten Def the Player Phase after--is more preferable.

Most of the legendary weapons are good enough to keep on the units that get them, but some are saddled with pretty crappy ones like Fujin Yumi and Parthia (lol Pass and Warding Blow 2). Some like Roy still want to keep theirs since they have a low Atk base and want to squeeze out every last bit of Atk they can get, even if something like Binding Blade doesn't do anything special. The ones that stand out the most are Falchion, Naga, Armads, Missiletain, Hauteclere, Deathly Dagger, Dire Thunder, and Raijinto, while most of the ranged ones like the bows and even Cymbeline or Aura aren't anything to write home about when -Blade and -Raven exist.

Also, Blue Hector on a horse stole Granny's Shield so good luck killing him with that wolf mirage thing...or whatever it is.

Edited by MrSmokestack

On 4/21/2017 at 7:22 PM, Shiro said:

What are good counters to the green mage meta atm? I am having a hard time finding a solid anchor for my team to soak up and counter green mages. atm im using my y tiki as my green mage counter with lightning breath and quick riposte but she is more of a niche hero that counters only green mages and thats it. are there any heroes that can afford to tank green mages as well as cover other sectrums of the weapon triangle?

Can't really go in depth as I am a mere babe in woods when it comes to Heroes but a red unit with good Res should be good for you. Dragons are always tricky to use due to the amount of Falchions out there. I use Julia and I've never really had trouble with other Green Mages as my Marth is fast enough not to be doubled(34 spd) and has Decent res(20) IMHO. Leo may work for you too as when he's not killing Green Mages he's dealing a wide amount of damage to a lot of foes. Good for softening the foe up for the foe. So my suggestion is Leo I suppose.  Hopefully someone will come up with a better response 

Oh yeah, who should I pass Goad Fliers and Fortify Fliers to? I have some spare Pallas and Caedas. My fliers are Caeda, some Cherches (one of them is a 3* that is +Atk -Hp I think. I forgot the bane), Camilla, Spring Camilla, Cordelia, Michalis, the three Whitewing sisters, Shanna, Subaki, and Florina. I haven't leveled up the last three people though.

Edited by GuiltyLove
added cordelia

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There's no information on whether you can get duplicates or not if you have already completed them. Given that normal Hero Battles do not allow you to obtain the reward more than once and that the Michalis early bird event also didn't, I wouldn't put out any hope for them doing so for Grand Hero Battle reruns.

True... but then there was that thing where it said there would be "timed special missions where you can befriend Grand Hero(es)!" I'm not entirely sure what that means, but it sounds like we might be able to get more Heroes (possibly Grand Hero Battle Heroes) by completing the quests we get with the Grand Hero Reruns tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Grani's Shield says hi.

Damnit, I completely forgot about Grani's Shield
...Well she still has WTA over him
And he'll probably have more horses with him that take effective damage from wolfheads
So she'll hopefully still be good for recruiting him

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Zephiel's a bit different, though. He can't use a Brave Sword offensively like Alfonse can because of his lower movement, not to mention most of his combat occurs on enemy phase, where having his Prf for the extra Mt--and Threaten Def the Player Phase after--is more preferable.

Most of the legendary weapons are good enough to keep on the units that get them, but some are saddled with pretty crappy ones like Fujin Yumi and Parthia (lol Pass and Warding Blow 2). Some like Roy still want to keep theirs since they have a low Atk base and want to squeeze out every last bit of Atk they can get, even if something like Binding Blade doesn't do anything special. The ones that stand out the most are Falchion, Naga, Armads, Missiletain, Hauteclere, Deathly Dagger, and Raijinto, while most of the ranged ones like the bows and even Cymbeline or Aura aren't anything to write home about when -Blade and -Raven exist.

Ah, I see. So would Distant Counter be good on Zephiel then?

And I'm kinda disappointed in Parthia being on the crap-legendaries list (Fujin I understand tho, I thought that wasn't that amazing back in Fates too)... but my only Jeorge is a 4-Star, so now I finally have something I can do with Gordin (that being give Jeorge a Brave Bow).

Also, Binding Blade makes Roy stronger defensively too (+2 DEF/RES, which doesn't feel like much, but every bit helps, and it can almost fix a DEF/RES bane when you're being attacked, which is probably nifty... I wouldn't know, mine's +RES/-ATK), in addition to giving him better ATK. That thing pretty much made my -ATK Roy work (that and +RES making him have effectively 33 RES when mages/dragons attacked him).

Glad you didn't mention Naga among the ranged-legendaries-that-aren't-worth-writing-home-about, because effective damage vs dragons is kind of amazing, plus having extra DEF/RES is useful (moreso the RES tho).

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Also, Blue Hector on a horse stole Granny's Shield so good luck killing him with that wolf mirage thing...or whatever it is.

Yeah, I was just reminded that wolfheads wouldn't have effective damage on Camus.
I'm sure F!Robin can still handle him decently enough tho (doubt he'll have good RES, which Robin targets, plus she has WTA on him).

4 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

True... but then there was that thing where it said there would be "timed special missions where you can befriend Grand Hero(es)!" I'm not entirely sure what that means, but it sounds like we might be able to get more Heroes (possibly Grand Hero Battle Heroes) by completing the quests we get with the Grand Hero Reruns tomorrow.

That means nothing more than "if you don't know what a Grand Hero Battle is, this is what it is".

Ah, I see. So would Distant Counter be good on Zephiel then?

Yes.

And I'm kinda disappointed in Parthia being on the crap-legendaries list (Fujin I understand tho, I thought that wasn't that amazing back in Fates too)... but my only Jeorge is a 4-Star, so now I finally have something I can do with Gordin (that being give Jeorge a Brave Bow).

It's mostly the fact that the extra 1 Atk is literally the only thing that sets them apart from a Silver Bow+. Their additional effects of Pass 2 and Warding Blow 2 are just not very useful, especially when you compare them to the additional effects that other weapons received (Durandal has Death Bow 2, Yato has Darting Blow 2, Falchion has dragon effectiveness and Renewal 2, etc.).

10 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Glad you didn't mention Naga among the ranged-legendaries-that-aren't-worth-writing-home-about, because effective damage vs dragons is kind of amazing, plus having extra DEF/RES is useful (moreso the RES tho).

Which is exactly why it wasn't mentioned among them.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That means nothing more than "if you don't know what a Grand Hero Battle is, this is what it is".

True, except that the full tweet said "Grand Hero Battles “Robin – Mystery Tactician” and “Navarre – Scarlet Sword” make a reappearance! At the same time, there will be timed special missions where you can befriend Grand Hero(es)!" My apologies, I should've quoted the whole thing last post instead of just that second part, but the way this is stated makes it sound like the timed special missions (where we'll be befriending Grand Heroes, whatever that means) are separate from the Grand Hero Battle reruns. Or at least it makes it sound that way to me.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's mostly the fact that the extra 1 Atk is literally the only thing that sets them apart from a Silver Bow+. Their additional effects of Pass 2 and Warding Blow 2 are just not very useful, especially when you compare them to the additional effects that other weapons received (Durandal has Death Bow 2, Yato has Darting Blow 2, Falchion has dragon effectiveness and Renewal 2, etc.).

That's a good point. Built-in Pass is kinda useless in a game where you can only move 2 spaces (though when we get Horse Archers, could it be slightly better on them?). Built-in Warding Blow 2 would probably be fairly useful on someone with better RES than Jeorge tho, yeah? Like maybe Niles (entirely for higher Iceberg/Glacies damage, admittedly)?

2 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

True, except that the full tweet said "Grand Hero Battles “Robin – Mystery Tactician” and “Navarre – Scarlet Sword” make a reappearance! At the same time, there will be timed special missions where you can befriend Grand Hero(es)!" My apologies, I should've quoted the whole thing last post instead of just that second part, but the way this is stated makes it sound like the timed special missions (where we'll be befriending Grand Heroes, whatever that means) are separate from the Grand Hero Battle reruns. Or at least it makes it sound that way to me.

Okay, now that I re-read the tweet (in Japanese to make sure I wasn't missing anything), it indeed says that the special missions (the things in the fountain in the castle) are what let you "befriend" Grand Heroes. "Befriend" is just flowery language for "obtain" (you know, if you treat them as people and not things you stick in your inventory box).

The way it is worded, it seems we might have more of these recent missions that reward characters, in particular Grand Hero Battle characters this time around.

Okay, I think we can get our hopes up, then.

My reading comprehension is suck when sleep deprived.

1 hour ago, r_n said:

Wonder why they chose Navarre to repeat so soon. Wouldn't have minded an extra narcian just to pass along vengeance to someone.

Maybe it's because Robyn and Navarre are the two "Ally" units we've had so far.  All the others have been primarily villain characters.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe it's because Robyn and Navarre are the two "Ally" units we've had so far.  All the others have been primarily villain characters.

You could recruit Michalis in FE3, couldn't you?

Would be neat if they made Lunatic maps for Robin and Narcian. Even if they don't, I missed out on the 3* Narcian so I'd be glad to see that pop up again.

where's that injured Narcian face when you need it

They did usually include grand hero battle banner heroes in arena bonus lineup, didn't they?
Because it means I could replace Catria with Reinhardt and be set for another two weeks.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

They did usually include grand hero battle banner heroes in arena bonus lineup, didn't they?
Because it means I could replace Catria with Reinhardt and be set for another two weeks.

That hasn't been the case.

Battling Navarre was Caeda, Sophia, Effie, and Kagero, and none of them are in the current bonus hero line-up.

That hasn't been the case.

Battling Navarre was Caeda, Sophia, Effie, and Kagero, and none of them are in the current bonus hero line-up.

Then I mixed them up with usual banner heroes. Welp, there goes my genius idea.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Then I mixed them up with usual banner heroes. Welp, there goes my genius idea.

Tbf i would be hype AF if Palla is on the next Arena Bonus hero lol. If i had 20k feather i could build up the GOAT 32 Speed Michalis set up

Bonus Hero that allows you to naturally build around them are amazing

New special missions are up. You can get a third and fourth copy of Robin and Navarre now (and orbs and other things)!

If I'm reading the Japanese correctly,

• Clear Robin (F) with Alfonse in your party gives you 2-star Robin (F)
  • Clear Robin (F) Hard with Navarre in your party gives you 3-star Robin (F)
  • Defeat level 35+ Robin (F) with Robin (F) gives you 1 orb
  • Defeat Robin (F) with Navarre gives you 1 orb
  • Clear Navarre with Sharena in your party gives you 3-star Navarre
  • Clear Navarre Lunatic with Robin (F) in your party gives you 4-star Navarre
  • Defeat level 40+ Navarre with Navarre gives you 1 orb
  • Defeat Navarre with Robin (F) gives you 1 orb

Two quest sets are here!

A grand hero battle set revoles around female Robin and Navarre and allows to get two more Robins (2⋆ and 3⋆) and Navarres (3⋆ and 4⋆) as well as 4 orbs.

• Clear Robin's map with Alfonse on your team: 2⋆ Robin;
  • Clear Robin's map on Hard with Navarre on your team: 3⋆ Robin;
  • Defeat a lvl 35+ Robin with female Robin: 1 orb;
  • Defeat Robin with Navarre: 1 orb;
  • Clear Navarre's map with Sharena on your team: 3⋆ Navarre;
  • Clear Navarre's map on Lunatic with female Robin on your team: 4⋆ Navarre;
  • Defeat a lvl 40+ Navarre with Navarre: 1 orb;
  • Defeat Navarre with female Robin: 1 orb.

This set will last for a week, as will the battles.

Other set is the rerun of a helping hand quests with total of 12,000 universal shards as rewards. This set will last for two weeks.

Edited by Vaximillian

Oh wow... Looks like I'll be missing these orbs! I'm so terrible at strat...

Though for Navarre, my Bunny!Camilla didn't do too much, so maybe I can use the same team/tactics... if I can remember them -.-