Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

48 minutes ago, unique said:

i think the dude from the beginning of fe3 would probably be the closest

lang or whatever

IDK what Umbridge does in details, and EDIT: yeah Lang seems to be textbook example

I think Narcian also fits

Edited by JSND

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, JSND said:

IDK what Umbridge does in details, and just read the summary of her and i don't think Lang fully represents that although i can see it

Honestly the closest FE villain to Umbridge is probably Narcian

lang's not fully like her, I don't think any FE character is, but I'd say he's close

idk about narcian though, he was just kinda zephiel's evil sidekick who also might've raped a little girl

doesn't really bring much to mind like umbridge

only other one I can think of is like, izuka or something, but that's even more of a stretch

Just now, unique said:

lang's not fully like her, I don't think any FE character is, but I'd say he's close

idk about narcian though, he was just kinda zephiel's evil sidekick who also might've raped a little girl

doesn't really bring much to mind like umbridge

only other one I can think of is like, izuka or something, but that's even more of a stretch

I've edited since then lol. Lang seems to be almost a copy although i'm not really familiar with Umbridge

Umbridge is really just a bitch to everyone and basically racist fun police who abused her power as senior undersecretary to the Minister and tried to take over Hogwarts.

It's been a while since I read the last two books because I don't like them as much, but I've read the fifth book a lot and that was when she had the most spotlight.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Some dude on team Julia gave Soren Pass. I'm not sure how good or bad Watersweep is, but really? Pass?

The only effective use of Pass I've seen was on a cavalier in training room. Gunter with Pass laughs at units including sword units who can't muscle pass his defense letting him gallop on through to chop up some poor schmuck behind. One day, a GHB is going to have a cavalier unit with Pass you have to either kill immediately or isolate him. Otherwise, you'll risk him charging through and killing someone in the back. Brave Weapon+, Death Blow, and Pass. What a nightmare it could be.

Pass on other units I don't see being useful outside of enemy-specific reasons like a mage with Pass slipping by and pelting someone with low resistance to death. Player-wise, cavaliers with their 3 movement are probably the most useful, but then again, there are other more versatile B-skills.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Some dude gave on team Julia gave Soren Pass. I'm not sure how good or bad Watersweep is, but really? Pass?

The only effective use of Pass I've seen was on a cavalier in training room. Gunter with Pass laughs at units including sword units who can't muscle pass his defense letting him gallop on through to chop up some poor schmuck behind. One day, a GHB is going to have a cavalier unit with Pass you have to either kill immediately or isolate him. Otherwise, you'll risk him charging through and killing someone in the back. Brave Weapon+, Death Blow, and Pass. What a nightmare it could be.

Pass on other units I don't see being useful outside of enemy-specific reasons like a mage with Pass slipping by and pelting someone with low resistance to death. Player-wise, cavaliers with their 3 movement are probably the most useful, but then again, there are other more versatile B-skills.

You could give Pass to Takumi so he'll be on the level of Hector with QR

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

You could give Pass to Takumi so he'll be on the level of Hector with QR

Lyn with Desperation 3 and Ike, Ryoma, and Xander with Distant Counter, though. :p

My understanding is that Soren is not well suited to Watersweep, but Pass doesn't sound much better.

Does anyone know a reason for enemies to just run away from your characters, into a corner that isn't taking them closer to anything? This Roy I was facing just did that (not pushed by an enemy assist or anything, he just walked there), then came out the next turn. I don't remember ever seeing something like this before.

Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 3.11.52 PM.png

17 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Some dude on team Julia gave Soren Pass. I'm not sure how good or bad Watersweep is, but really? Pass?

Though I have Soren, I can't say anything on Watersweep's viability as I'm not bothering with it. I just put G Tomebreaker in the B slot instead.

Aww, that sucks. You can't have someone buff a unit's stats over 7 and have it cap at 7. Well, Gaius can only give people +4 speed now if I keep Hone Speed 3 on with Rally Speed which becomes a bit useless if people are around him when my turn starts. Otherwise, I could give someone +7 speed and people around him +3 speed with Hone Speed 2 and Rally Speed. Welp, guess I'll have to find a different assist for him or I should have given him something else like Fortify Def or Res instead of Hone Speed.

Edited by Kaden

21 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Aww, that sucks. You can't have someone buff a unit's stats over 7 and have it cap at 7. Well, Gaius can only give people +4 speed now if I keep Hone Speed 3 on with Rally Speed which becomes a bit useless if people are around him when my turn starts. Otherwise, I could give someone +7 speed and people around him +3 speed with Hone Speed 2 and Rally Speed. Welp, guess I'll have to find a different assist for him or I should have given him something else like Fortify Def or Res instead of Hone Speed.

Buffs and debuffs never stacked, the higher one just overwrites.

It's spurs, goads, fortifies, and wards that stack (with everything).

Edited by DehNutCase

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Wait... then is it only possible for someone to get +7 to a stat is through Seal *insert stat here* and using Harsh Command afterward?

Great, well, what to do with Gaius's assist skill now... Maybe I should use another Matthew to give him Reciprocal Aid. And suddenly, Gaius became Matthew, but with much worse defenses and a Silver Dagger.

5 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Fortify is the same as Hone.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Wait... then is it only possible for someone to get +7 to a stat is through Seal *insert stat here* and using Harsh Command afterward?

Great, well, what to do with Gaius's assist skill now... Maybe I should use another Matthew to give him Reciprocal Aid. And suddenly, Gaius became Matthew, but with much worse defenses and a Silver Dagger.

Defiant skills will do it. You can get high bonuses with Spur/Goad/Ward skills, since those stack with things, but that's because they aren't displayed outside of combat.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Defiant is a +7

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Fortify is the same as Hone.

Defiant skills will do it. You can get high bonuses with Spur/Goad/Ward skills, since those stack with things, but that's because they aren't displayed outside of combat.

Derp, I meant spur. Forgot that spurs are spurs whether offensive or defensive.

Edited by DehNutCase

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

6 minutes ago, JSND said:

Defiant is a +7

I meant as in buffing someone else like you can't just give someone else +7 to a stat unless their stat was sfealed and you used Harsh Command.

Speaking of Defiant skills, it's really weird how Seliph's Tyrfing only gives +4 to his defense rather than +5 like how Alfonse's Folksvangr gives +5 to attack. Most personal weapons excluding Hauteclere and Mystletainn -- technically Killer weapons with +5 to attack -- have a second level skill attached to them and some have a third level skill like Sol Katti and I guess all of the Distant Counter weapos, but Seliph's is a first and half level skill. 1 more defense might not be much, but it's weird that Tyrfing is the only one with a skill that's below the "usual".

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Speaking of Defiant skills, it's really weird how Seliph's Tyrfing only gives +4 to his defense rather than +5 like how Alfonse's Folksvangr gives +5 to attack. Most personal weapons excluding Hauteclere and Mystletainn -- technically Killer weapons with +5 to attack -- have a second level skill attached to them and some have a third level skill like Sol Katti and I guess all of the Distant Counter weapos, but Seliph's is a first and half level skill. 1 more defense might not be much, but it's weird that Tyrfing is the only one with a skill that's below the "usual".

Tyfring was supposed to make its user a mage killer, too, in FE4. It had a massive Res bonus such that not even the final boss could kill Seliph. They did him dirty in Heroes.

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I meant as in buffing someone else like you can't just give someone else +7 to a stat unless their stat was sfealed and you used Harsh Command.

They probably weight Defense to be stronger than ATK early in the development stage or something

Fuck no, i run out of excuse. IS plz, all you need to do to make Seliph good is to GIVE HIM A FUCKING HORSE just like what he used to be in FE4

Edited by JSND

15 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Tyrfing's Def boost isn't a Defiant effect like Folkvangr's Atk boost; it's a static in-battle effect. Like Spur skills vs Hone/Fortify skills. That means Tyrfing doesn't take a turn to go into effect and can stack with Hone-style buffs, although that argument could also be made to say Hone skills should grant more of a stat boost than Spur.

11 minutes ago, JSND said:

They probably weight Defense to be stronger than ATK early in the development stage or something

Fuck no, i run out of excuse. IS plz, all you need to do to make Seliph good is to GIVE HIM A FUCKING HORSE just like what he used to be in FE4

That wont save him considering Xander runs more defense and distant counter at the same time... Seliphs weapon is just terrible :/

To be honest, what screwed Seliph isn't his sword, it's his A-slot. +5 HP does literally nothing for a guy who wants to be below half to do things (Brash, Prf). Fury 3 or the like turns him into a stronger, bulkier Eldigan, and Death Blow turns him into Alfonse-lite, or Chrom-lite-lite.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Tyfring was supposed to make its user a mage killer, too, in FE4. It had a massive Res bonus such that not even the final boss could kill Seliph. They did him dirty in Heroes.

There's that too, but hey, at least he isn't Lachesis and Lucius who needs a B-skill to be like the powerful light mages they were.

5 minutes ago, JSND said:

Except attack ended up being stronger. The Ephraim I have being -Def explains part of this, but it still annoys me that because Ephraim and Oboro have average to slow speed, they can end up taking more damage from sword units, especially sword lords, because those units either hit hard or hit hard and fast. Pissed me off seeing a Marth in training tower do 14x2 to a level 38-39 Ephraim while Ephraim did like 22 damage to Marth. Sure as hell glad defense tiles are a thing now and that Ephraim has Seal Defense, Threaten Defense, and Moonbow to wreck Marth. Oboro on the other hand... When you're a blue and you lose to reds including the physical ones that you supposedly have high defense to make trivial, it's really sad and frustrating. 3* Oboro was miserable in that regard, especially -Atk, inherit skill stocker Oboro while 4* Oboro, especially with Bonfire, was much better. I can understand blues with really low defense having issues with physical reds, but come on, -Def Ephraim still has respectable defense.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Tyrfing's Def boost isn't a Defiant effect like Folkvangr's Atk boost; it's a static in-battle effect. Like Spur skills vs Hone/Fortify skills. That means Tyrfing doesn't take a turn to go into effect and can stack with Hone-style buffs, although that argument could also be made to say Hone skills should grant more of a stat boost than Spur.

It only works in battle? Huh, guess I missed that part... Wait, that's weird, then it's a hybrid of a Defiant skill since those activate at <= 50% HP and a self-Spur... thing... I don't know what to call Binding Blade, Naga, and Tyrfing's in-battle self-buffing skills.

Just now, Hilda said:

That wont save him considering Xander runs more defense and distant counter at the same time... Seliphs weapon is just terrible :/

Seliph would have the highest attack out of any Horse Unit at 34. And this is mostly a "having horse would put Seliph in a much higher power floor" argument, but 34 Attack Brave on a Horse is fucking Hardcore and would legit make Seliph into a pretty good unit

His real problem is actually that fucking HP stats. 47 HP is so unnecesarily high it hurts his overall stats distribution when its really the weakest of the three defensive stats