• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That sounds a lot like me. Except for the cat part. I'm allergic (not like that stops me), and my apartment doesn't allow pets.

How minimal is your furniture? Do you have a bed? I know I don't.

My "bed" consists of 8 square coffee tables (<$10 each) and some sleeping bags. The bed also doubles as a big table (without the sleeping bags) when I have guests over. I used to sleep on the floor. My computer table was given to me for free from the landlord. My microwave was my roommate's but he did not want it anymore when he moved out. I did buy four chairs and five bookcases (the storage space under my coffee table bed is packed, so I need somewhere else to store my textbooks). My most expensive furniture/appliance was my portable AC costing about $500 that I bought last year in a hurry, as I came back from visiting my family and friends in California and I could not want to endure the rapid change from low humidity to insanely high humidity.

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Do you have a bed? I know I don't.

>Spends boatloads of money on gacha game

>doesn't have a bed

And you have dishes in your sink from thanksgiving 

How do you even?

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

>doesn't have a bed

How do you even?

The life of @Ice Dragon is that of a modern-day ascetic.

Orbs are all you need

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

So the modern day ascetic doesn't have a bed and doesn't do their dishes while they lace up their credit card with money on a gacha game?

Give me your life

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Orbs are all you need

New A slot skill confirmed 

Orbs and Death 3: gives +10 orbs and -5 money and living conditions

9 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

That's exactly what I'm thinking!

@Ice Dragon wanna let me do those dishes for you? They're probably moldy by now though heh 

Ice-dragon-shaming? Bad spinning blue-haired lancewoman, bad!

Edited by Vaximillian

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

So the modern day ascetic doesn't have a bed and doesn't do their dishes while they lace up their credit card with money on a gacha game?

Give me your life

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Orbs are all you need

New A slot skill confirmed 

Orbs and Death 3: gives +10 orbs and -5 money and living conditions

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

My "bed" consists of 8 square coffee tables (<$10 each) and some sleeping bags. The bed also doubles as a big table (without the sleeping bags) when I have guests over. I used to sleep on the floor. My computer table was given to me for free from the landlord. My microwave was my roommate's but he did not want it anymore when he moved out. I did buy four chairs and five bookcases (the storage space under my coffee table bed is packed, so I need somewhere else to store my textbooks). My most expensive furniture/appliance was my portable AC costing about $500 that I bought last year in a hurry, as I came back from visiting my family and friends in California and I could not want to endure the rapid change from low humidity to insanely high humidity.

I have a bar stool (my parents bought it when visiting because there was nowhere to sit), kotatsu (built myself), office chair (from a friend that moved), office desk (bought from Office Max), bookshelf (bought from Office Max), TV stand (from my parents), TV (bought), two Detolfs (Ikea), and an ironing board. And a bunch of floor chairs and cushions. My bed is a few layers of comforters layered up on the floor.

Most of my apartment is covered in shipping boxes for my massive collection of anime figures. Said boxes also serve as makeshift tables or bookshelves.

7 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

>doesn't have a bed

How do you even?

With precision and finesse.

8 minutes ago, Catria! said:

WHAAAAAAAAT

EWWWWWWWWWWW

6 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

That's exactly what I'm thinking!

@Ice Dragon wanna let me do those dishes for you? They're probably moldy by now though heh 

That is nothing. I am guilty as a bad pet parent and left the litter box unchanged for over a week a few times. It is an enclosed litter box, so when I opened it, I was less than pleased (imagine not flushing the toilet for a week). I do not know how my cat can go in there when I was too lazy or forgot to clean it. She begs me for food and play, but she does not beg me to clean the litter box.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

my parents bought it when visiting because there was nowhere to sit

That's just ridiculous.

My bed is a few layers of comforters layered up on the floor.

This is absolutely ridiculous!

Said boxes also serve as makeshift tables or bookshelves

This is completely ridiculous!!

What do you drive? An old, 1960's bicycle!?

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

With precision and finesse.

Indeed! I can learn a lot from your finesse~

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

A 2003 Honda Accord. Between me and my friends from work, at least my car is the least broken.

As long as you don't drive a hearse or something it's fine

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Most of my apartment is covered in shipping boxes for my massive collection of anime figures. Said boxes also serve as makeshift tables or bookshelves.

I throw most of my shipping boxes away, but my closet and the space under the bed is full of LEGO set boxes. I buy two of each set, one to play with and one for market speculation, so that is a lot of boxes. I was able to justify my spending habits on LEGO sets with the excuse of reselling them one day, so it took me a while to finally control it.

And then Heroes showed up.

I keep some shipping boxes to store my Cipher collection, Gundam (PG Astray's box is too big to fit in anything though, I just leave that out in the open), Army Men, board games, a few anime figures, and other minor hobbies that I gave up after Heroes started.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

A 2003 Honda Accord. Between me and my friends from work, at least my car is the least broken.

I cannot stop laughing at myself. I broke my 2001 Corolla in a minor crash when I first started driving during early college. It is fine though as I do not need a car anymore since I moved to New York.

5 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

This is absolutely ridiculous!

I used to sleep on the floor with only a sleeping bag and a thin carpet. I could roll around a lot. If you do not mind or get used to the hardness, it is better than a king sized bed. It feels weird when I sleep on normal beds now since they are so cushy.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

I used to sleep on the floor with only a sleeping bag and a thin carpet. I could roll around a lot. If you do not mind or get used to the hardness, it is better than a king sized bed. It feels weird when I sleep on normal beds now since they are so cushy.

That sounds so painful :(