• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Enemy Phase.

Then you realise Hawkeye's not realistically seeing full HP, like, ever. Also lol @ having more HP than Tempest peeps. Just went with Fury which also puts him at a beast 34 Def.

Edited by Soul~!

1 hour ago, Soul~! said:

Enemy Phase.

Then you realise Hawkeye's not realistically seeing full HP, like, ever. Also lol @ having more HP than Tempest peeps. Just went with Fury which also puts him at a beast 34 Def.

I found that unless you have a Healer or Renewal, running Fury in Tempest isn't advisable, since you'll get whittled down over the course of the maps, unless you're just bringing in a backup team for the final map.

I run a Fury/Renewal/BoL Julia with the BoL seal for the 10 HP AoE heals to keep Nowi's QR2 up and running. Katarina doesn't mind to lose some HP  since it allows her to go in Desperation range, but Julia can bring it back up if it falls below 20.

Probably could make my Linde into a great TT healer if I gave her BoL for those 15 HP AoE heals.

20 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I don't run Fury on any one my team, but Julia and Mae with Breath of Life is they only heals I need.

Masked Marth with Renewal healing 20 HP at the start of each map on Chain Challenge Kreygasm

Ardent Sacrifice has never been more useful

I use Fury on everything, in part because LaD is so scarce and in part because I keep rolling Hinatas. I only ran a healer with a Fury / Desp. user during the last Tempest though. Using it for so long has gotten me used to the recoil since it's so easy to play around honestly. Free stats!

Edited by MrSmokestack

52 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

I have no idea why you wouldn't be brining one in the first place.

You get more score for using only one team. The only time I use a second team is when I screw up big time (like accidentally using Resposition on someone into enemy range) in one of the previous maps and got one of my glass cannons killed.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

You get more score for using only one team. The only time I use a second team is when I screw up big time (like accidentally using Resposition on someone into enemy range) in one of the previous maps and got one of my glass cannons killed.

uh yeah, not sure how that contraddicts what I said. Was referring to healers.

Like, unless you're absolutely perfect and your characters can kill everything in sight, you need a healer. I think I could get away with not having a dancer. But healer?

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

uh yeah, not sure how that contraddicts what I said. Was referring to healers.

Like, unless you're absolutely perfect and your characters can kill everything in sight, you need a healer. I think I could get away with not having a dancer. But healer?

You cab run a pseudo healer build with a unit with Renewal and Reciprocal Aid or Ardent Sacrifice.  Falchion users are really good at this role.  That way, they can contribute offensively, too.

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

Speaking of healers, what assist do you guys run for them? Rehabilitate is the only one I bother using (I love Priscilla <3).

I use Recover. 15 HP is usually enough, and if you're running Desperation, it gives you a bit more control over how much health you have after healing.

3 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Speaking of healers, what assist do you guys run for them? Rehabilitate is the only one I bother using (I love Priscilla <3).

Rehabilitate is pretty good, but it interferes with procing specials, like imbue or balms that normally need just one charge. Your units need a lot of max health for Rehabilitate to outheal Recover in most situations, though Recover also adds +1 to your cooldown count. You'd have to go a turn without healing for Rehabilitate to really get into the double digits, and that can shut off breakers and Quick Riposte.

I also think Physic is good. 8 HP is not a lot, but it will keep healers away from the fight. It just feels unnecessary with how widely used dancers, reposition, and draw back are. Physic plus heavenly light was what I always felt would work on a team of fury users.

Physic for right now, because I don't have anybody with Rehabilitate and I never did (though mainly due to my healer pulls being just about all 3 star). Physic works fine enough for me anyway since the two range can also help keep the healer out of harm's way and reach an injured unit that's a bit further away.

Edited by Anacybele

24 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You cab run a pseudo healer build with a unit with Renewal and Reciprocal Aid or Ardent Sacrifice.  Falchion users are really good at this role.  That way, they can contribute offensively, too.

I'll tell you the day I actually start training "Marth".

19 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Yeah, that thing is just stupid.

2 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

You can run Alm. That way, the other units can be whoever you want. You can run two glass cannons and a Dancer/Singer or just go with three glass cannons.

22 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I always do Rehabiliate when I can, unless you count Reciprocal Aid.

2 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Yeah, that thing is just stupid.

I'm training mine, since I don't have normal Lucina.  Too bad she has no natural skills.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Physic for right now, because I don't have anybody with Rehabilitate and I never did. Physic works fine enough for me anyway since the two range can also help keep the healer out of harm's way and reach an injured unit that's a bit further away.

Lissa and Wrys are both free units.

Overall, I prefer Rehabilitate. There's always positioning assists to keep healers out of the way, and the healing potential it provides more than makes up for its middling recovery above 50%. It will always fully restore HP if the target has 7 HP or less because of how the formula works out, but Imbue can help close the gap earlier.

Recover fares better if you have damage mitigation on hand already, but I have a lot more Fury units than I do, say, Triangle Adept ones, and the damage adds up very quickly such that Recover can't keep up. I'd use Physic but it simply doesn't heal enough to compensate for the ranged utility, and the 2-range restriction can become a handicap in some situations.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Lissa and Wrys are both free units.

They're also 1 and 2 star that way. I don't use feathers on healers, personally. Rehabilitate is 4 star only.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They're also 1 and 2 star that way. I don't use feathers on healers, personally. Rehabilitate is 4 star only.

Well, that's your loss. Rehabilitate and Recover are fantastic healing assists.