3 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

So I decided to do one more summon on the Blazing Shadows banner and I got a 5* +Spd/-HP Hinoka and 4* +HP/-DEF Marth out of it!(also a second Shanna 3*, a 4* Cherche, and a 3* Gordin)

Are those decent boon/bane's on Hinoka and Marth? Especially Marth, Michalis might have some promotion competition.

Guidance regarding WHAT to do with your pulled characters goes into the "Ask a FE Heroes question" thread.  But the short answer is "it could be worse" for both.

• Replies 28.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Guidance regarding WHAT to do with your pulled characters goes into the "Ask a FE Heroes question" thread.  But the short answer is "it could be worse" for both.

Aah! Sorry about that, I managed to forget about the ask thread... But thank you for the answer I figured that was probably the case.

Got 13 orbs, so I tried in the Against Michalis Banner, since I want Minerva.

Spoiler

Two greens... two smokes... two 4*. Hawkeye (new) and Cherche... That's not the wyvern I wanted....  Hawkeye is +Hp -Atk (bad, urgh) and Cherche is +HP -Spd (meh...)

And I pull a red too... Olivia 4*.  Come on, step out Olivia ! I didn't need you ! Even your IVs are bad ! (+Res -Spd)

So I bought orbs, hoping having better chances...

Spoiler

Pull 1 : one green, Frederick (+Res -Spd)

Pull 2 : no green, one red pulled, again 3* Eliwood... (+Spd -Res)

Pull 3 :no green ever, one red pulled, Eliwood 5*... LOOOOL  +HP -Res

I think Eliwood likes me, since he comes in 3 of my last 4 red pulls...

Pull 4 : again no green. One red : Sophia 3* (-HP +Res)

Pull 5 : one green, Gunter 3* (+Def -Res)

Pull 6 : one green, Raven 4* (-Atk +Spd). You're going to be merged with the one I already have.

Pull 7 : two greens, Cecilia 3* (+Atk -Spd) and Frederick 3* (+Def -HP)

Pull 8 : two greens, 5* Hawkeye (OK...) (+Res -Def) and 3* Beruka (+Atk -HP)

Pull 9 : one green, 3* Cecilia (+Def -Atk)

Pull 10 : three greens, 3* Gunter (+Atk -Res), 4* Nino (+Def -Res), 4* Beruka (Grrrr) (+Def -Res)

Pull 11 : three greens,  4* Hawkeye (+Atk -HP) and 3* Cherche (+Spd -Def) and 3* Nino (+Spd -Hp)

Pull 12 : one green, 4* Sheena (crap. But new.) (+Atk -Def)

Pull 13 : one green (and 4 reds XD), Cherche 4* again (come on, stop appearing !) (+HP -Res)

Pull 14 : two greens, 4* Bartre (+HP -Def) and 5* Raven... +Def -Atk... OKay, a 5* who I didn't even use since I have a 4* with the perfect IV...)

Pull 15 : no green, one red pulled : guess what ! Eliwood again ! Youhou ! (Or not...) (+HP -Res)

Pull 16 : one green, 3* Gunter

OKAY, youhou, it was called for... Stupid game... If you giving me 5 stars... Give me the one I want and who is in the focus ! Dammit !

So just thought I may try my luck one more time for the dragon girl.

... Not a single blue orb. Fine, maybe I'll finally get Eldigan after spending £180 on him to no avail. 

And here is the beauty.

IMG_1956.PNG

Edited by OKigen

So been saving some orbs so thought I'd spend some and try and get some decent characters - here's what I got

4* Frederick + atk - spd

Saizo (seriously getting sick of seeing him when I'm summoning - atleast he's a 4* for a change) +spd -def

Reinhardt - +atk - def - awwww - def

Azama -New unit +atk - hp

Thats all my 4* the rest were 3* units :

Raigh - duplicate unit

Draug - +atk - def (been leveling a 4* version of him recently whos balanced)

Fir - new unit

Selena - New unit

Lon'qu - duplicate unit

Laslow - duplicate unit

Happy about getting frederick and Reinhardt the rest so-so , I wouldnt mind the 3* ones as much if I they were new units, I am missing alot so its abit disappointing to be getting some of the same ones but suppose thats the nature of the game lol

Edited by Marcodian_Elite

That's a good Freddy too! You really should use him! That +atk will let him have over 50 attack at 5 star, I'm pretty sure, since my 5 star neutral attack Freddy has 47 attack. Give him some good skills and defense boosts from allies and he'll be a valuable armor killer and axe tank.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's a good Freddy too! You really should use him! That +atk will let him have over 50 attack at 5 star, I'm pretty sure, since my 5 star neutral attack Freddy has 47 attack. Give him some good skills and defense boosts from allies and he'll be a valuable armor killer and axe tank.

Yeh i'm levelling him atm, been missing a decnet tanky unit, after using him in a few training tower runs he's growing kn me ☺

7 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

Yeh i'm levelling him atm, been missing a decnet tanky unit, after using him in a few training tower runs he's growing kn me ☺

Awesome! :3 I'd say you got that decent tanky unit too, because Freddy has one of the highest defense stats of any character in the game that's not an armor, meaning he can reliably tank without needing to avoid hammers as well as magic. Though if you can make him reach a mage before he's hit by them, he'll one-shot them for sure with or without +atk much of the time. He also won't get doubled as often as armors since he's faster than them, even with -spd. This I know because my Freddy is -spd too, haha.

Oh, and he also comes with Fortify Def to help your other units take hits!

Edited by Anacybele

Well, I Pulled on my Tablet account, and I continue to have better luck on there, than I do on my Main Account.

I Pulled 5* Minerva on my very first Pull.  She's -Spd, +Def, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

I pulled 2 Wendys, too.  She's been stalking me lately.

5 hours ago, OKigen said:

So just thought I may try my luck one more time for the dragon girl.

... Not a single blue orb. Fine, maybe I'll finally get Eldigan after spending £180 on him to no avail. 

And here is the beauty.

IMG_1956.PNG

Well, the RNGoddess heard my prayer after all.

And this is my 4th Eirika. She absolutely loves me!! (Well, I did spend all my flags on her gaunlet).

IMG_1957.PNG

Edited by OKigen

Remember how I said I'd save for the next banner?  I ran out of proc skill fodder. . .well, Niles still exists, but the people I want to use can't truly take advantage of Iceburg.  So, I used my orbs to pull, hoping for proc fodder.  This brings my total pulled characters up to 103.

(warning: three large pics, open at your own risk)

Spoiler

Pull 1:

ZVGnOrP.jpg

Pull 2:

MndsuLd.jpg

Pull 3:

rszZnu9.jpg

Thoughts/natures:

Spoiler

Pull 1: Talk about things I wasn't expecting!  That's 5* the fifth, folks, never mind the three new characters and only one 3*!

- Lucius: +Atk/Def.  This one's a real head-scratcher.  He's one-shot by any competent physical attacker, so I don't think I'll get much mileage out of Miracle.  Being a mage tank is nice, though.  He has more Atk than Priscilla, so I might have him fill the same role she does (that is, give him Rehabilitate since he can't take hits, and have him murder things with Assault).
- Clarine: +Spd/-Def.  36 Speed at 5* is respectable, and Fear means that she doesn't have to worry quite as much about dying.  I'll definitely change her A slot out for HP +5.
- Laslow: +Res/-Atk.  It's a proc, but not the one I was looking for.  Hopefully, I'll pull a better nature (+Atk/-HP looks promising), so I can give someone else Axebreaker.
- Stahl: +Def/-HP.  Better than +Spd/-Atk, so I'll merge my current one with him (since the only skill I'd want to inherit on anyone is the Defense tree and maybe Swap).

Pull 2: I'm not going to complain about Seliph and Roy!  Lon'qu has a proc, so perhaps he'll be the one I sacrifice?

- Seliph: +Spd/-Def.  This is an argument to run Spd +3 over HP +5 if I've ever seen one!  There's a lot of units in the 32-34 Speed range that will fail to double him, which is an indirect boost to his durability.   He can get away with a Threaten skill in the C slot, and some sort of health-boosting proc.  Will need to run him alongside a speed buffer, to truly keep him safe!
- Roy: +Spd/-Atk.  This is Eir with a different sword, except he doesn't come with a bunch of buffing skills.  Two characters in one, so yay?  Joking aside, I REALLY need to think about what I'm going to do with him.  This build screams off-tank, but that means ditching Triangle Adept.
- Lon'qu: +Spd/-Def.  That's a workable boon/bane combo.  I also have a +Atk/-HP one.  May slap Defiant Atk on the one I just pulled, and make sure that all ranged attackers die immediately.
- Serra: +Atk/-Spd.  She's somehow worse than the +Atk/-HP one I have.  I guess Lucius can work with Recover and Hone Atk 2!
- Saizo: +Res/-HP.  I'd rather have +Atk/-Res, so this one will donate Poison Strike or Harsh Command to someone.

Pull 3: After a whole bunch of red/colorless pulls, it was refreshing to see blue/green.  Was NOT expecting that for my final red unit, though!

- Leo: +Atk/-HP.  What. . .my 6th 5*, and the first with a competent boon/bane?!  FINALLY~!  He'll get some sort of repositioning skill and something to jack his MT even further!  If I'm really lucky, I'll somehow get a 5* Tharja with a terrible nature, so I can donate her tome, and make a terrifying all-horse team~!
- Barst: +Spd/-Def.  I, um. . .what?  Welp, time to swap out his axe for literally anything else, give him a proc, slap Speed +3 on him for no apparent reason, and call him defensive Anna!  Or I can run Life and Death on him, for a 40 Speed terror.  Regardless, this combo will need every last skill inheritance!
- Felicia: +Atk/-HP.  Would ya look at that, it's a character with a proc who has a good nature!  I'll swap out her A skill for a different stat, but her set is fine otherwise.
- Arthur: +Spd/-HP.  I like him ever-so-slightly more than the +Atk/-Res one I have.  32 Speed is pretty good IMO, and he has HP +5 to patch up that bane.
- Donnel: +HP/-Res.  After all the amazing boon/bane combos I received, I was bound to get one that wasn't perfect.  Now, who wants Drag Back and Reciprocal Aid?

Overall, those were three amazing pulls.  Hopefully, my luck carries over to the next banner~!

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Remember how I said I'd save for the next banner?  I ran out of proc skill fodder. . .well, Niles still exists, but the people I want to use can't truly take advantage of Iceburg.  So, I used my orbs to pull, hoping for proc fodder.  This brings my total pulled characters up to 103.

Hide contents

Pull 1:

ZVGnOrP.jpg

Pull 2:

MndsuLd.jpg

Pull 3:

rszZnu9.jpg

Thoughts/natures:

Hide contents

Pull 1: Talk about things I wasn't expecting!  That's 5* the fifth, folks, never mind the three new characters and only one 3*!

- Lucius: +Atk/Def.  This one's a real head-scratcher.  He's one-shot by any competent physical attacker, so I don't think I'll get much mileage out of Miracle.  Being a mage tank is nice, though.  He has more Atk than Priscilla, so I might have him fill the same role she does (that is, give him Rehabilitate since he can't take hits, and have him murder things with Assault).
- Clarine: +Spd/-Def.  36 Speed at 5* is respectable, and Fear means that she doesn't have to worry quite as much about dying.  I'll definitely change her A slot out for HP +5.
- Laslow: +Res/-Atk.  It's a proc, but not the one I was looking for.  Hopefully, I'll pull a better nature (+Atk/-HP looks promising), so I can give someone else Axebreaker.
- Stahl: +Def/-HP.  Better than +Spd/-Atk, so I'll merge my current one with him (since the only skill I'd want to inherit on anyone is the Defense tree and maybe Swap).

Pull 2: I'm not going to complain about Seliph and Roy!  Lon'qu has a proc, so perhaps he'll be the one I sacrifice?

- Seliph: +Spd/-Def.  This is an argument to run Spd +3 over HP +5 if I've ever seen one!  There's a lot of units in the 32-34 Speed range that will fail to double him, which is an indirect boost to his durability.   He can get away with a Threaten skill in the C slot, and some sort of health-boosting proc.  Will need to run him alongside a speed buffer, to truly keep him safe!
- Roy: +Spd/-Atk.  This is Eir with a different sword, except he doesn't come with a bunch of buffing skills.  Two characters in one, so yay?  Joking aside, I REALLY need to think about what I'm going to do with him.  This build screams off-tank, but that means ditching Triangle Adept.
- Lon'qu: +Spd/-Def.  That's a workable boon/bane combo.  I also have a +Atk/-HP one.  May slap Defiant Atk on the one I just pulled, and make sure that all ranged attackers die immediately.
- Serra: +Atk/-Spd.  She's somehow worse than the +Atk/-HP one I have.  I guess Lucius can work with Recover and Hone Atk 2!
- Saizo: +Res/-HP.  I'd rather have +Atk/-Res, so this one will donate Poison Strike or Harsh Command to someone.

Pull 3: After a whole bunch of red/colorless pulls, it was refreshing to see blue/green.  Was NOT expecting that for my final red unit, though!

- Leo: +Atk/-HP.  What. . .my 6th 5*, and the first with a competent boon/bane?!  FINALLY~!  He'll get some sort of repositioning skill and something to jack his MT even further!  If I'm really lucky, I'll somehow get a 5* Tharja with a terrible nature, so I can donate her tome, and make a terrifying all-horse team~!
- Barst: +Spd/-Def.  I, um. . .what?  Welp, time to swap out his axe for literally anything else, give him a proc, slap Speed +3 on him for no apparent reason, and call him defensive Anna!  Or I can run Life and Death on him, for a 40 Speed terror.  Regardless, this combo will need every last skill inheritance!
- Felicia: +Atk/-HP.  Would ya look at that, it's a character with a proc who has a good nature!  I'll swap out her A skill for a different stat, but her set is fine otherwise.
- Arthur: +Spd/-HP.  I like him ever-so-slightly more than the +Atk/-Res one I have.  32 Speed is pretty good IMO, and he has HP +5 to patch up that bane.
- Donnel: +HP/-Res.  After all the amazing boon/bane combos I received, I was bound to get one that wasn't perfect.  Now, who wants Drag Back and Reciprocal Aid?

Overall, those were three amazing pulls.  Hopefully, my luck carries over to the next banner~!

What's my son doing there?  He's supposed to be taking a nap!

Congrats on your Pulls.  You'll have to say how Lucius does.  I would love to get him, but I don't want to press my luck, and save my Orbs on my main Account for the next Focus.  It's taking a lot of willpower not to Pull right now.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

What's my son doing there?  He's supposed to be taking a nap!

Congrats on your Pulls.  You'll have to say how Lucius does.  I would love to get him, but I don't want to press my luck, and save my Orbs on my main Account for the next Focus.  It's taking a lot of willpower not to Pull right now.

I pulled him eight hours ago. :P:

Thanks~!  My guess is that Lucius will be used mainly to bait mages, though he can pull the odd manakete.  Hoping for more Luna/Dragonic Aura/Bonfire fodder (and another Laslow), because that's what I'm missing!

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I pulled him eight hours ago. :P:

Thanks~!  My guess is that Lucius will be used mainly to bait mages, though he can pull the odd manakete.  Hoping for more Luna/Dragonic Aura/Bonfire fodder (and another Laslow), because that's what I'm missing!

Yeah, I wish I had kept more doubles from before Skill Inheritance was announced.

If they wanted to make Lucius on offensive character, I don't know why they couldn't just give him a Light Tome.  I'm still bitter about that.  I really liked Lucius.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't know why they couldn't just give him a Light Tome.  I'm still bitter about that.  I really liked Lucius.

Him and Lachesis. Him and Lachesis indeed. Nothing will remove the salt form my heart ever again.

After pulling incessantly colorless orbs, I finally got a 5* Gordin.  Still would have preferred Takumi or Jeorge, but Gordin will do I suppose.  I'm still salty about pulling Lucius, and any way I cut it I still feel like my 4* Serra is better for the purposes that I use healers for.  I might use Lucius for some inherit skills, or maybe for feathers.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Reveal hidden contents

Pull 1:

ZVGnOrP.jpg

Pull 2:

MndsuLd.jpg

Pull 3:

rszZnu9.jpg

Thoughts/natures:

Reveal hidden contents

This just proves that if you go into a banner expecting something, the game will give you something else. In your case, you wanted skill fodder and you got a bunch of amazing units :P:

(Said logic doesn't seem to work too well for me, though. I went in wanting some skill fodder, and it gave me one unit for that and a few I had no idea what I could do with)

17 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

After pulling incessantly colorless orbs, I finally got a 5* Gordin.  Still would have preferred Takumi or Jeorge, but Gordin will do I suppose.  I'm still salty about pulling Lucius, and any way I cut it I still feel like my 4* Serra is better for the purposes that I use healers for.  I might use Lucius for some inherit skills, or maybe for feathers.

Gordin's pretty damn good.  All he's missing IMO is a competent proc.

12 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

The heck @eclipse, what awesome pulls there! Plus mobius! Congratz!

Also, the banner ends at 3/30, there's still time!

Thanks~!  Will definitely wait for the next one, since I want to pull as soon as it goes live!

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

This just proves that if you go into a banner expecting something, the game will give you something else. In your case, you wanted skill fodder and you got a bunch of amazing units :P:

(Said logic doesn't seem to work too well for me, though. I went in wanting some skill fodder, and it gave me one unit for that and a few I had no idea what I could do with)

Yep!  It's as if the game said "don't sacrifice them!"  Well, most of 'em (sorry Donny).

Also, if you don't know what to do with units, feel free to ask for help in the "Ask a FE Heroes question" thread~!

Couldn't resist and fell to the forces of the dark... until I found...

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170326-155527.png

Screenshot_20170326-155618.png

LA LUZ

Super happy with the results. Did 2 complete sessions, the first one was:

3* Lissa

3* Barst -Atk rip

4* Fir -Spd which is eww

4* Palla +Atk -Def

3* Odin -Atk nope

And now this one, Lucius is +Res -Spd, much more mage tank, and I'm definitely redesigning him. The 3* Lissa can pass Rehabilitate and Kindled-Fire Balm to provide attack support. I'll see what other skills I can pass to him like any Hone/Threaten but I'm definitely not using HP+.

16 minutes ago, Shem said:

Is a +Hp/-Res Robin worth promoting to 4Stars? I have 8.6 k feathers and I'm F2P. 

I keep reading about how good of a character he is but he's been bang average for me. 

WRONG TOPIC.  This goes in the "Ask a FE Heroes question" topic.

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

Couldn't resist and fell to the forces of the dark... until I found...

Hide contents

Screenshot_20170326-155527.png

Screenshot_20170326-155618.png

LA LUZ

Super happy with the results. Did 2 complete sessions, the first one was:

3* Lissa

3* Barst -Atk rip

4* Fir -Spd which is eww

4* Palla +Atk -Def

3* Odin -Atk nope

And now this one, Lucius is +Res -Spd, much more mage tank, and I'm definitely redesigning him. The 3* Lissa can pass Rehabilitate and Kindled-Fire Balm to provide attack support. I'll see what other skills I can pass to him like any Hone/Threaten but I'm definitely not using HP+.

Even Lucius's intro dialogue rubs in the fact that he's a Staff user...

No, Lucius, your job is to kill stuff with Light Magic.  If I wanted someone to tend to my wounded, I'd take Wrys with me and be very glad I did!

Lucius to like the archetype Monk Light Mage, just, why?

45 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Even Lucius's intro dialogue rubs in the fact that he's a Staff user...

No, Lucius, your job is to kill stuff with Light Magic.  If I wanted someone to tend to my wounded, I'd take Wrys with me and be very glad I did!

Lucius to like the archetype Monk Light Mage, just, why?

Welcome to the post-Awakening world, where Light Magic doesn't exist! Seriously, Light Magic has been the red-headed step-child for the last two games; only one spell in Awakening and two in Fates (Book of Naga, Lightning and Moonlight, and even that is dubious)?! Dark Magic got to be its own thing in Awakening, so where's my Light Magic?

Edited by The Blind Idiot God

I, too, wish light magic would make a return.

EDIT: To stay on topic, I made a pull a few days ago. Not super good, I got a duplicate Lissa, two 3-star Raighs (I already have a 4-star of him), a duplicate Cherche, and a f!Corrin. I gave Lissa's skills to Clarine, told f!Corrin to get lost after finding no use for her skills, and have not done anything else with them.

Edited by Sunwoo