"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

What do you mean by bonus? I have all the units from the Great Hero Battles, the only Blue one I believe was Ursula though. 

Bonus units are the units that, when included in your Arena team, double the amount of points you receive every game. These units are on a rotation every two weeks, and for this season, Sharena is among the bonus units you can include on your team to boost your score.

@Arcanite y u ninja me

Edited by MrSmokestack

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Bonus units are the units that, when included in your Arena team, double the amount of points you receive every game. These units are on a rotation every two weeks, and for this season, Sharena is among the bonus units you can include on your team to boost your score.

Yeah I do, took me a second to realize what you were asking. I have every unit besides that 4 from the pull. I'm running Cecilia at the moment as I have her 4* at lvl 40. I'm levelling Cherche up though as well...never really used Setsuna or Virion...I have Takumi, Gordin, and Klein all at level 40, so really don't level any of the other colorless units. 

Just now, wizzard of soz said:

just to confirm because of my paranoia, is the update currently in effect where if you merge two allies, the sacrificed hero's skills are inherited?

Not only are they inherited, but their learned status is also passed on, so you don't need to grind SP for them again.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Not only are they inherited, but their learned status is also passed on, so you don't need to grind SP for them again.

alriiiight, awesome, good, thanks~ finally i can give my Nino the horrible build she doesn't deserve

alriiiight, awesome, good, thanks~ finally i can give my Nino the horrible build she doesn't deserve

WHOA WHOA WHOA

What build is this you speak of?

SHE DOESNT DESERVE TO BE MISTREATED

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

WHOA WHOA WHOA

What build is this you speak of?

SHE DOESNT DESERVE TO BE MISTREATED

haha

Darting Blow, Wings of Mercy, and Breath of Life, all at 3..she's +Spd and has the spd secret seal, honestly I just want to her to be a Linde killer because I cannot handle Lindes right now. still can't kill a +spd Linde if she has the A slot +spd skill but..game can you PLEase give me an F Robin for Blue Tomebreaker

haha

Darting Blow, Wings of Mercy, and Breath of Life, all at 3..she's +Spd and has the spd secret seal, honestly I just want to her to be a Linde killer because I cannot handle Lindes right now. still can't kill a +spd Linde if she has the A slot +spd skill but..game can you PLEase give me an F Robin for Blue Tomebreaker

With the proper buffs, Nino can one-shot Linde though. Hone Atk usually does it for me but a Rally Speed can be thrown in for good measure.

Too bad Robin F is a GHB unit RIP

3 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

haha

I would honestly drop Darting Blow for either Fury or Life and Death. 

All Nino needs is a buff or two (Nino with Fury needs only a single +4 of any kind) (in fact even without Fury or LD, all Nino needs is a single Atk +4 buff to OHKO neutral Linde) to OHKO Linde. 

Darting Blow is largely unnecessary and may even cost her several other KOs. 

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

With the proper buffs, Nino can one-shot Linde though. Hone Atk usually does it for me but a Rally Speed can be thrown in for good measure.

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I would honestly drop Darting Blow for either Fury or Life and Death. 

All Nino needs is a buff or two (Nino with Fury needs only a single +4 of any kind) (in fact even without Fury or LD, all Nino needs is a single Atk +4 buff to OHKO neutral Linde) to OHKO Linde. 

Darting Blow is largely unnecessary and may even cost her several other KOs. 

EDIT: Why do my posts keep double-posting @eclipse help

oh dang i didn't know she would OHKO with just a hone attack, which i do have with Olivia...Fury has definitely been on my mind but with only two Hinatas in stock i'm a little hesitant since she can still kill a lotta things without.

15 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Too bad Robin F is a GHB unit RIP

I'M SO SAD i wish i could've gotten a smartphone sooner so i didn't miss out on this stuff uurgh

What are thoughts on F!Robin maximized for arena Defense, vs Hector maximized for arena Defense?

I lack the latter and assuming that I will always lack the latter, I considered spec'ing out F!Robin with TA3, Gronnraven+, Lancebreaker-or-GTomeBreaker and some offensive proc like Moonbow probably. I see a ton of defense teams running 1 red, 1 green, 1 blue and either a 2nd blue or a colorless (Bow user/Kagero).

Crunching F!Robin vs Nino puts most of the numbers pretty closely but defense teams lead me to believe that the AI isn't buffing properly to take full advantage of nino's ##Blade, and that sac'ing some of her speed and power for a still safe speed (safe from Colorless/Blues/other Greens) and a significant bulk boost can still let her shred blues and bows as well as Nino. 

It's pricey though, but I'm half tempted to run this on offense over Julia since I see so many 2-blue teams as it is, and Gronnraven can accomodate for the still pretty common Brave Bow users that get fielded better than Naga and its overkill on dragons (Julia still needs some boosts to take out neutral/-res Takumis for instance, and has lower speed than forced neutral F!R anyway).

I guess this is more of a discussion starter, but Julia/F!Robin/Nino all share different build options that make them great for offense. It's Defense I'm shooting for, and running a stacked ranged green with something like my current two Nowis and some fourth option strike me as more intimidating than running straight blues or fielding Julia ( a unit killed at best, by any sword with 48 or so Atk...met by many).

10 minutes ago, Elieson said:

What are thoughts on F!Robin maximized for arena Defense, vs Hector maximized for arena Defense?

I'm not even going to bother reading the rest of this analysis because I know my thoughts exactly.

F Robin sucks

If you want to make her good you have to 5 star her which is a waste

end of story :D:

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'm not even going to bother reading the rest of this analysis because I know my thoughts exactly.

F Robin sucks

says the Oboro supporter

43 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

F Robin sucks

Did you at least see the part where I said "I don't have Hector"?

27 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

says the Oboro supporter

I know, what a scrub

57 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Personally I wouldn't use F!Robin but that may just be me. Other green tome users such as Julia and Nino have much better stats and can contribute more in a team fight. I'm all for showing what less popular units are capable of (I was seriously considering making my 4* Donnel a 5* just to screw the meta) but if you want a really effective team just stick with Julia. 

Here's a set for Julia

Weapon: Gronnblade+

Assist: (idk just put whatever maybe Rally Attack or Pivot)

Special: Moonbow

Passives

A: Life and Death 3

B: Quick Riposte 3

C: Threaten Res 3

The Quick Riposte is to compensate for Julia's low speed. Julia's defense is also a problem. If you want a team that can keep her alive but also destroy equally as hard as her, I'd recommend having some high attack and/or defense heroes such as Lukas and slap repositioning skills on them to move Julia out of a danger area after she attacks. Maybe put a dancer/singer on your team as well such as Ninian. 

Hope this helped, good luck with your team! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Edited by MidnightFE

1 minute ago, MidnightFE said:

Personally I wouldn't use F!Robin but that may just be me. Other green tome users such as Julia and Nino have much better stats and can contribute more in a team fight. I'm all for showing what less popular units are capable of (I was seriously considering making my 4* Donnel a 5* just to screw the meta) but if you want a really effective team just stick with Julia. 

Here's a set for Julia

Passives

The Quick Riposte is to compensate for Julia's low speed. Julia's defense is also a problem. If you want a team that can keep her alive but also destroy equally as hard as her, I'd recommend having some high attack and/or defense heroes such as Lukas and slap repositioning skills on them to move Julia out of a danger area after she attacks. Maybe put a dancer/singer on your team as well such as Ninian. 

Hope this helped, good luck with your team! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

I'm sorry, but I respectfully disagree with your build. 

Julia's niche is her Naga tome, and I really don't think it's ever worth changing it out for any other tome.

Also, she not going to get much use out of Quick Riposte with Life and Death. Her defense is already paper thin as is. A Julia with LD gets OHKOd by basically every physical unit in the game. 

With smart positioning, you could potentially make this work on an offense team, but on a defense team? That Julia's just asking to get destroyed. 

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm sorry, but I respectfully disagree with your build. 

Julia's niche is her Naga tome, and I really don't think it's ever worth changing it out for any other tome.

Also, she not going to get much use out of Quick Riposte with Life and Death. Her defense is already paper thin as is. A Julia with LD gets OHKOd by basically every physical unit in the game. 

With smart positioning, you could potentially make this work on an offense team, but on a defense team? That Julia's just asking to get destroyed. 

True you're right idk what I was high on writing this. Maybe switch LD out for Death Blow and put Naga back since it grants additional res and def. I think the Quick Riposte is important tho. 

Edit: I don't think a defensive skill would be good on Julia normally but maybe on a defense team to keep her alive? Any thoughts?

Edited by MidnightFE

3 minutes ago, MidnightFE said:

Here's a set for Julia

Passives

The Quick Riposte is to compensate for Julia's low speed. Julia's defense is also a problem. If you want a team that can keep her alive but also destroy equally as hard as her, I'd recommend having some high attack and/or defense heroes such as Lukas and slap repositioning skills to move Julia out of a danger area after she attacks. Maybe put a dancer/singer on your team as well such as Ninian. 

my +Spd julia gets the job done, but she seems pretty easy to challenge (assuming the map isn't a bitch of a map). 55 Atk from a Axe/Bow isn't super hard to achieve, and that kills most variants of her, and reds eat her up anyway. QR means that she'd double back but it assumes that some offense team isn't going to try to OHKO her, which again, is easy.

F!R isn't gonna get OHKO'd unless she's running TA3, and then that's only by buffed reds. Nino faces about the same OHKO potential, but she isn't at risk of being doubled by faster units for a bit of ORKO avoidance over Julia

I get that Julia is the bees knees (I comfortably run her on Offense with Darting Blow and some Atk support now to give her 36 speed and boy howdy that's nice against semi-speedy lancers hovering at the 30 mark), but in terms of defense, is Julia, Nino (on a non-Nino-centric team) or F!R more of a threat in your eyes?

Just now, MidnightFE said:

True you're right idk what I was high on writing this. Maybe switch LD out for Death Blow and put Naga back since it grants additional res and def. I think the Quick Riposte is important tho. 

Death Blow's a pretty solid choice since Julia is too slow to double and just wants to make a single hit count. 

I do agree with Quick Riposte (or a breaker like Bowbreaker or G Tomebreaker) to secure ORKOs on the counterattack. 

27 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

says the Oboro supporter

I'm no heartless monster, so I gave you some time to say goodbye to your family

Spoiler

Everytime you turn around

I'm going to be there

You'll walk faster

I'll still be there

You'll walk into your house

I'll already be inside

You'll try to run away

Your door is locked

You unlock it

I'm on the other side of the door

You try to fight back

Spoiler

But you're already dead

Spoiler

Nobody will miss you

Spoiler

This is the part where I say "jk"

Spoiler

Nope

Just now, Elieson said:

I know, what a scrub

You're both from Texas so it seems I can knock out 2 birds with one stone.

Spoiler

No, I'm not giving you time to say goodbye to your family

1 minute ago, MidnightFE said:

A breaker works a little better than QR, not that QR is bad or anything.

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

my +Spd julia gets the job done, but she seems pretty easy to challenge (assuming the map isn't a bitch of a map). 55 Atk from a Axe/Bow isn't super hard to achieve, and that kills most variants of her, and reds eat her up anyway. QR means that she'd double back but it assumes that some offense team isn't going to try to OHKO her, which again, is easy.

F!R isn't gonna get OHKO'd unless she's running TA3, and then that's only by buffed reds. Nino faces about the same OHKO potential, but she isn't at risk of being doubled by faster units for a bit of ORKO avoidance over Julia

I get that Julia is the bees knees (I comfortably run her on Offense with Darting Blow and some Atk support now to give her 36 speed and boy howdy that's nice against semi-speedy lancers hovering at the 30 mark), but in terms of defense, is Julia, Nino (on a non-Nino-centric team) or F!R more of a threat in your eyes?

I actually like Julia on defense, but I think that's in part due to how I like structuring my defense teams.

When most people think the word "defense" they think of tanky walls that can take a lot of punishment before going down. 

However, with how Arena is structured, the goal of a defense team isn't to last as long as possible. It's not even to win. The goal of a defense team, in my eyes, is to take down a single person from the enemy team. This is because above certain levels of Arena (though admittedly I'm unsure what range you're in), most challengers will forfeit the match after a single death because it's not worth continuing on otherwise.

This is part of the reason monochrome teams are so popular on defense. You don't care about most matches, you just care about getting that one victory. You're much more likely to find someone who's unable to deal with a heavy focus on a single color and have their own sword get obliterated by your 3-4 blues than someone who can't deal with a balanced team.

Likewise, it's the reason I personally favor strong nukes on a defense team, like Julia, Kagero, or Reinhardt. It doesn't matter if they go down afterwards as long as they can take out or severely weaken an enemy when they do attack. This is especially true because most people play defensively on Arena offense, letting their units take a hit on the enemy phase and countering as opposed to attacking and killing first. As such, since they're going to be taking hits anyways, I want to make those hits count.

Anyways, that's just my personal playstyle preference, so I understand perfectly if you don't want to adhere to that. But this is how I play, and I've been able to get pretty consistent defense wins every season this way. 

*Also, I don't like Triangle Adept on Defense teams, personally. They don't have much of a weakness on offense because you control the matchups and can bait the AI into your TA units, but on defense, the human challengers will be able to exploit your units' Triangle Adept pretty easily. 

@MaskedAmpharos The reason I considered Gronnblade+ for Julia is if there was a unit with rally defense you could buff her defense and the boost would be added to damage. That being said it also slows her special cooldown which is a downside. Just a thought. You could always give her the Gronnblade+ and switch between that and Naga when necessary.

Edited by MidnightFE

3 minutes ago, claire said:

which fae should i promo to five stars

i had a fourth but i can't find her wtf

First one. Second one has more defense, but -SPD is probably gonna hurt her a lot and let her take more damage by getting doubled. Third one is +HP, I'd value the +ATK of the first one more.

Edited by Birdy

5 minutes ago, claire said:

which fae should i promo to five stars

IMG_5976.PNG.131b0fd4fada2a48f19e397f8b9eb4df.PNGIMG_5977.PNG.b7a318335c4247a9498e636d8aebdd08.PNGIMG_5978.PNG.7bf215aa6cb22670189466ef3c260dac.PNG

i had a fourth but i can't find her wtf

Take the +Atk Fae (1st one). If you take the +def you sacrifice a tiny bit of speed and if you choose the +HP you get lower atk.