"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

4 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

1) what is the maximum amount of SP you can pile on one unit?
2) Also, if they already inherited and learn some other skills from other units then merged to the same unit with same rarity, will the merge receiver also learned the skills the merged unit have learned through SI?

1) 9999;
2) yes.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm heading closer to the upper limit of max. team size - 193/200, expanding barracks +5 for an orb doesn't seem overly worth it, what do most people do when they reach the same problem?

I could add some screenshots if anyone wants more info :)

33 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

So I'm heading closer to the upper limit of max. team size - 193/200, expanding barracks +5 for an orb doesn't seem overly worth it, what do most people do when they reach the same problem?

I could add some screenshots if anyone wants more info :)

Inherit skills, send home units.

I've got some ideas on units to send home, but I'd ask for your inventory- particularly your 3* units. 4* and 5* would be nice, but the 3* ones will probably get sent home first.

16 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Inherit skills, send home units.

I've got some ideas on units to send home, but I'd ask for your inventory- particularly your 3* units. 4* and 5* would be nice, but the 3* ones will probably get sent home first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neRd7DGu5r0

Rather than screenshot I just took a recording of my game and scrolled through my units

Been meaning to inherit skills but been putting it off in case I make a mistake etc

10 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neRd7DGu5r0

Rather than screenshot I just took a recording of my game and scrolled through my units

Been meaning to inherit skills but been putting it off in case I make a mistake etc

Keep: Hinata (Fury), Laslow (Axebreaker), Klein (Death Blow), Lon'qu (Vantage), Palla (Moonbow), Sully (Swordbreaker)

Toss: Chom, Corrin, Oboro (Rally Defence), Peri, Felicia, Stahl (Swap), Raigh (Rally Attack), Est, Virion, Gaius (Rally Speed), Saizo.

The 2* units might also want paring down or training.

...Settling on a select number of units that are good targets for feather fodder is a difficult proposition, and subject to a lot of recent debate.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

Keep: Hinata (Fury), Laslow (Axebreaker), Klein (Death Blow), Lon'qu (Vantage), Palla (Moonbow), Sully (Swordbreaker)

Toss: Chom, Corrin, Oboro (Rally Defence), Peri, Felicia, Stahl (Swap), Raigh (Rally Attack), Est, Virion, Gaius (Rally Speed), Saizo.

The 2* units might also want paring down or training.

...Settling on a select number of units that are good targets for feather fodder is a difficult proposition, and subject to a lot of recent debate.

Cool thatl be a start ?

2 hours ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

expanding barracks +5 for an orb doesn't seem overly worth it

It actually does. Keep in mind that to actually fill the same five slots you must spend upwards from 20 orbs.

Edited by Vaximillian

Set of questions as usual.

1. Does Jaffar's Deathly Dagger stack with Poison Strike & Fury? IE 17 Damage with DD and PS and 23 with Fury 3.

2. What's better for Xander, Vantage or Quick Riposte? Quick Riposte turns him into a Mini Hector which is awesome, but with Vantage he's given situations where he can kill Mages and other units before they get the chance to possibly kill him. Particularly if he has Fury 3 as well. Quick Reposte seems better with something like Distant Def on deck so he's just plain checking Mages who happen to be his biggest bane.

@Zeo

1. Yes it does.

2. I use Fury + Quick Riposte Xander. He has 52 Def / 26 Res on a defensive tile, so by default he isn't in too much danger of being KO'd outright save by magic nukes like Reinhardt. Nino and Julia fail to OHKO so he OHKOs them back before they can land a second hit on him, making them a non-issue. Distant Defense fares worse on enemy phase with both Vantage and QR compared to Fury; even just Spd +3 works better for him. 51 Atk / 27 Spd is pretty middling by present arena standards and he misses out on KO's that he would have gotten by doubling, which also lets him charge up a special like Bonfire in a single round of combat--or even fire it off in one go if he gets doubled. His Res will always be poor no matter what you do so he shouldn't be checking any mages besides green ones. He is a physical tank.

Vantage is great if you lack Distant Counter users in general, but I prefer QR by a substantial margin.

9 minutes ago, Thienphu said:

Hi,

the fire emblem heroes update is coming tomorrow. So will perma death come in that update too?

Nobody knows. The only thing we know about the upcoming update is the new banner.

2 hours ago, Moezao said:

Which is what?

Edit: how did I triple post and how do I delete them?

Wedding Banner. The preview video is on the front page of SF, and there's a thread about it on the first page of this forum as well. 

The site's a bit glitchy, so it just happens sometimes. It's more common on longer threads with more traffic like this one or General Discussion. You can't delete them on your own, but you can flag them for a mod to delete later.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Did maintenance just start? (Seems to be a 3 hour one, I think?)

Yup it started like 15 minutes ago. For my time zone its set to go from 5pm to 8pm.

4 hours ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Yup it started like 15 minutes ago. For my time zone its set to go from 5pm to 8pm.

My timezone stuck it from 7-10, which is when I normally play.

Good thing I had an assignment to get help with from Mum in the meantime.

What's a better eirika to support nino? I have a +atk/-def & +def/-atk, both 4*. I was thinking of keeping both as one could be offensive while the other is more tanky. But which should I concentrate/promote first for nino if I plan to use a team of nino, eirika, ninian, bonus unit/askr trio for arena?

6 minutes ago, ScarletSylph said:

What's a better eirika to support nino? I have a +atk/-def & +def/-atk, both 4*. I was thinking of keeping both as one could be offensive while the other is more tanky. But which should I concentrate/promote first for nino if I plan to use a team of nino, eirika, ninian, bonus unit/askr trio for arena?

+Atk Eirika has 30/35 offenses, which is actually pretty decent, she goes down to 23 defense, but you can just slap Fury on her over L&D if you wanted bulk. I would personally run the +Atk/-Def one since, as good as having 30 defense is, 23 Atk in return is just too horrible. (Selena can work with 25 Atk, but that's because she has more defense at =def than Eirika has at +Def, meaning she can go +Spd for absurd speed tier to proc Ignis.)

You can then either give her Fury 3 for general use, L&D for full glass cannon, or TA-3 for niche stuff. L&D lets her kill the most things, but leaves her very vulnerable to enemy hits, whereas Fury 3 makes her bulk fairly decent while keeping most of L&D's offenses. TA-3 is if your team really has problem with greens. (Hector etc. Nino shouldn't really have a problem with greens, though.)

3 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

+Atk Eirika has 30/35 offenses, which is actually pretty decent, she goes down to 23 defense, but you can just slap Fury on her over L&D if you wanted bulk. I would personally run the +Atk/-Def one since, as good as having 30 defense is, 23 Atk in return is just too horrible. (Selena can work with 25 Atk, but that's because she has more defense at =def than Eirika has at +Def, meaning she can go +Spd for absurd speed tier to proc Ignis.)

You can then either give her Fury 3 for general use, L&D for full glass cannon, or TA-3 for niche stuff. L&D lets her kill the most things, but leaves her very vulnerable to enemy hits, whereas Fury 3 makes her bulk fairly decent while keeping most of L&D's offenses. TA-3 is if your team really has problem with greens. (Hector etc. Nino shouldn't really have a problem with greens, though.)

Thanks, will go with the atk+ then.

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I've managed to obtain 2 Bride Lyns and 2 Bride Charlottes. Which ones are better?

Bride Lyn:

+Def/-Spd

+Spd/-Res

Bride Charlotte:

+HP/-Spd

+HP/-Def

I'm going to spitball +Def/-Spd and +HP/-Def, because the former doesn't particularly want speed while the latter can do without defence. I could be off, of course.

12 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I'm going to spitball +Def/-Spd and +HP/-Def, because the former doesn't particularly want speed while the latter can do without defence. I could be off, of course.

I see, I see.

+Def/-Spd Bride Lyn hits 26 Def and 31 Spd; +Spd/-Res Lyn hits 37 Spd and 21 Res.

With +HP, Charlotte hits 49 HP. With -Spd, she hits 29 Spd; with -Def, 21 Def.

Would like some second opinions.