"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

I'm thinking about a build for my new +hp/-res summer F Robin, and I'd like some advice on what to go with, please.

What's working better for you guys; Fury + Renewal or LaD + Renewal/breaker? Fury + Renewal seems like a natural complement alongside her weapon, but checking calcs LaD + breaker seems to give the best win results.(and dumping the breaker isn't huge, so Renewal could still fit in) I'll probably have to budget for a rank 2 version of either for now, but I'd still like to know what to aim for in the end. Or perhaps there's something else altogether I should consider instead.

Also Renewal would mean sacrificing my 5* Jakob (the only one I have, and that's it for Renewal fodder then), but I'm okay with that, just I'd like to hear it doesn't just look good on paper before I make that move.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'm thinking about a build for my new +hp/-res summer F Robin, and I'd like some advice on what to go with, please.

What's working better for you guys; Fury + Renewal or LaD + Renewal/breaker? Fury + Renewal seems like a natural complement alongside her weapon, but checking calcs LaD + breaker seems to give the best win results.(and dumping the breaker isn't huge, so Renewal could still fit in) I'll probably have to budget for a rank 2 version of either for now, but I'd still like to know what to aim for in the end. Or perhaps there's something else altogether I should consider instead.

Also Renewal would mean sacrificing my 5* Jakob (the only one I have, and that's it for Renewal fodder then), but I'm okay with that, just I'd like to hear it doesn't just look good on paper before I make that move.

I personally prefer Player Phase builds and she does that build a bit better, but you can make her either way since her stats are pretty balanced.

Robin +Atk -Res
Brave Lance, Dragon Fang
Life and Death, Lancebreaker
Player Phase 119:13:14
Player Phase (+HP, -Res) 115:8:23

Robin +Atk -Res
Deft Harpoon, Moonbow
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 114:4:28
Enemy Phase (Fury) 65:2:79
Enemy Phase (+HP -Res) 102:4:40
Enemy Phase (+HP -Res, Fury) 60:2:84

If you are low on resources, just go with Enemy Phase build with Fury. She is still okay in that role.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

I personally prefer Player Phase builds and she does that build a bit better, but you can make her either way since her stats are pretty balanced.

Robin +Atk -Res
Brave Lance, Dragon Fang
Life and Death, Lancebreaker
Player Phase 119:13:14
Player Phase (+HP, -Res) 115:8:23

Robin +Atk -Res
Deft Harpoon, Moonbow
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 114:4:28
Enemy Phase (Fury) 65:2:79
Enemy Phase (+HP -Res) 102:4:40
Enemy Phase (+HP -Res, Fury) 60:2:84

If you are low on resources, just go with Enemy Phase build with Fury. She is still okay in that role.

Ooh, I do like that offensive build. I'd go for it but I'm already using pretty much the same resources to do a similar build to my Peri first. So I guess I'll do the Fury build for now. I didn't check her with DC when doing my calcs since I wasn't thinking I'd use it, but those are really nice results. I'd almost give her my spare Hector for it but I'm saving him for my Beruka pet project when I finally get a good one of her to show up.

Too bad I guess Renewal's more of an on-paper thing for her, but what works works.

Thanks for the reply!

Is there an objectively "Best" -raven TA3 user? One that is just as effective on the defensive as they are on the offensive?

I feel like it might be best to make a unit on that concept sooner or later, since Bridelia won't be able to be attacked quite so easily on the defensive.

The unit I was looking at when thinking of it is Sophia, since she does have mixed defenses, high attack, and a stat that is easy to sacrifice to boost attack, but then I remembered that blue units are probably just as common as reds.

(preferably, I'd rather not be told that a GHB or seasonal unit is the best, but if they are unobjectively the best then go ahead and mention it. I'll just be very very sad.)

Edited by Xenomata

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Is there an objectively "Best" -raven TA3 user?

I feel like it might be best to make a unit on that concept sooner or later, since Bridelia won't go down so easily.

The unit I was looking at when thinking of it is Sophie, since she does have mixed defenses, high attack, and a stat that is easy to sacrifice to boost attack, but then I remembered that blue units are probably just as common as reds.

(preferably, I'd rather not be told that a GHB or seasonal unit is the best, but if they are unobjectively the best then go ahead and mention it. I'll just be very very sad.)

Sophia has 40/28/29 defenses, which are amazing, and her color gives her advantage against Gronnblade users, which tend to be more common than its other-colored counterparts in the high arena from my experience. 33 base Atk is good, and 19 Spd is an easy choice for a dump stat, but the low Spd can be problematic when facing Spring Camilla, who can actually break through with 35 base Atk and access to flier buffs.

On the other hand, +Atk Sophia has a guaranteed one-hit kill on Bride Cordelia, having 65 effective Atk against 58 base magic bulk. A +0 Sophia can one-hit kill any +10 Bride Cordelia running Life and Death 3 (58-64 magic bulk) and neutral +5 Bride Cordelia running Fury 3 (65 magic bulk). +0 neutral Takumi, Jeorge, and Klein have 58, 59, and 64 magic bulk, respectively, for comparison. Running an ally with Hone Atk is advised for good measure.

Spring Camilla is also a contender with 39/30/19 defenses with 35/25 offenses. Full flier buffs boost that to 39/36/25 defenses and 41/31 offenses. A weakness to bows slightly limits her viability since +0 Bride Cordelia [+Atk] (Brave Bow+, Life and Death 3) hits for 9×2 damage if you go for a kill on the counterattack.

And oddly enough, Reinhardt works pretty well, too. His 38/27/25 defenses are boosted to 38/33/31 with Fortify Cavalry, and his 32/23 offenses are boosted to 38/29 with Hone Cavalry. Reinhardt has the advantage of not being vulnerable to bows or Poison Dagger, if that matters. +0 Bride Cordelia [+Atk] (Firesweep Bow+, Life and Death 3) hits for exactly zero damage when Reinhardt has Fortify Cavalry up.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And oddly enough, Reinhardt works pretty well, too. His 38/27/25 defenses are boosted to 38/33/31 with Fortify Cavalry, and his 32/23 offenses are boosted to 38/29 with Hone Cavalry. Reinhardt has the advantage of not being vulnerable to bows or Poison Dagger, if that matters. +0 Bride Cordelia [+Atk] (Firesweep Bow+, Life and Death 3) hits for exactly zero damage when Reinhardt has Fortify Cavalry up.

Is there anything that man can't do? I'm convinced he could make Blarwolf work.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sophia has 40/28/29 defenses, which are amazing, and her color gives her advantage against Gronnblade users, which tend to be more common than its other-colored counterparts in the high arena from my experience. 33 base Atk is good, and 19 Spd is an easy choice for a dump stat, but the low Spd can be problematic when facing Spring Camilla, who can actually break through with 35 base Atk and access to flier buffs.

On the other hand, +Atk Sophia has a guaranteed one-hit kill on Bride Cordelia, having 65 effective Atk against 58 base magic bulk. A +0 Sophia can one-hit kill any +10 Bride Cordelia running Life and Death 3 (58-64 magic bulk) and neutral +5 Bride Cordelia running Fury 3 (65 magic bulk). +0 neutral Takumi, Jeorge, and Klein have 58, 59, and 64 magic bulk, respectively, for comparison. Running an ally with Hone Atk is advised for good measure.

Spring Camilla is also a contender with 39/30/19 defenses with 35/25 offenses. Full flier buffs boost that to 39/36/25 defenses and 41/31 offenses. A weakness to bows slightly limits her viability since +0 Bride Cordelia [+Atk] (Brave Bow+, Life and Death 3) hits for 9×2 damage if you go for a kill on the counterattack.

Yeah Sophia looks the most accessible and best options for me (no Spring Camilla, don't think I'll be able to make a Cav Team anytime soon), which is great because, going through the calculator again, almost all of her matchups (given +Att -Spd, +4 attack, and Moonbow) against colorless and greens resulted in OHKOs even without Moonbow, which only boosted her wins. I'm sure Spring Camilla and Rein would get more, but Sophia just has the most team freedom in that case.

What makes it all the best for me is that I used to use Sophia when I was but a noob at the art of Heroes, and liked using her. But only now am I able to see the potential.

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Reinhardt can't wield a hammer effectively!

...wait.

14 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

With +Atk and Hone Cavalry, he has 76 effective Atk before weapon triangle modifiers and without a passive A skill against cavalry (51 against everything else).

• 91 effective Atk against red against 71 (Eliwood), 69 (Leo), 67 (Stahl), 64 (Eldigan), 63 (Cain, Luke), 61 (Xander)
  • 76 effective Atk against blue and colorless against 72 (Jagen), 70 (Sully), 68 (Priscilla), 66 (Spring Xander), 65 (Peri, Ursula), 64 (Abel, Clarine, Olwen, Roderick), 63 (Reinhardt), 62 (Elise), 59 (Camus)
  • 61 effective Atk against green against 67 (Titania), 65 (Cecilia), 61 (Gunter), 57 (Frederick)

That one-hit kills every unbuffed neutral cavalry in the game except Titania and Cecilia (also Gunter and Frederick if they have Emerald Axe or Triangle Adept for some strange reason) and every fully buffed neutral cavalry in the game except for Jagen and the green cavalry (also loses the one-hit kill on Sully if she has Fury).

Against non-cavalry, it's not great, but it's not terrible (+Atk Reinhardt's 51/29 offenses with buffs against neutral Julia's 49/26 without buffs).

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Reinhardt can't wield a hammer effectively!

...wait.

If only he could use Ishtar's Thorhammer.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

With +Atk and Hone Cavalry, he has 76 effective Atk before weapon triangle modifiers and without a passive A skill against cavalry (51 against everything else).

• 91 effective Atk against red against 71 (Eliwood), 69 (Leo), 67 (Stahl), 64 (Eldigan), 63 (Cain, Luke), 61 (Xander)
  • 76 effective Atk against blue and colorless against 72 (Jagen), 70 (Sully), 68 (Priscilla), 66 (Spring Xander), 65 (Peri, Ursula), 64 (Abel, Clarine, Olwen, Roderick), 63 (Reinhardt), 62 (Elise), 59 (Camus)
  • 61 effective Atk against green against 67 (Titania), 65 (Cecilia), 61 (Gunter), 57 (Frederick)

That one-hit kills every unbuffed neutral cavalry in the game except Titania and Cecilia (also Gunter and Frederick if they have Emerald Axe or Triangle Adept for some strange reason) and every fully buffed neutral cavalry in the game except for Jagen and the green cavalry (also loses the one-hit kill on Sully if she has Fury).

Against non-cavalry, it's not great, but it's not terrible (+Atk Reinhardt's 51/29 offenses with buffs against neutral Julia's 49/26 without buffs).

...Wow... Reinhardt is legitimately scary...

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If only he could use Ishtar's Thorhammer.

Don't make all the blue mages redundant!

I got a 3 Star +Spd -Def Nino out of luck. So I immediately made her into a 5 star, and merged my current already present 5 star Nino (+HP -Def) into her, effectively giving her Death  33+1 HP, 33 Atk, 39+1 Spd, 16 Def, and 26 Res. Is it better to give such a Nino Fury 3 or is she better off with Deathblow 3, and if I choose either of the two what B slot skill should I equip her with?

Pulled a Atk+/Spd- Reinhardt. Thank you Mr. Yamada I know that the popular A & B slots are Death Blow 3 and Lancebreaker but I'm not sure about which special to give him. I don't have Quickened Pulse so I'm guessing Luna? I can also give him Reposition too since I've heard that it goes really well with cavalry units.

3 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

I don't have Quickened Pulse so I'm guessing Luna?

You are not going to fight Felicia and Niles with him, are you? You might want to take Draconic Aura instead.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You are not going to fight Felicia and Niles with him, are you? You might want to take Draconic Aura instead.

I was thinking about that but I don't have a 4* Corrin or Camilla. 

Do combat skills like Spur/Goad add damage to specials that depend on a stat? Or is it only displayed buffs?

2 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Do combat skills like Spur/Goad add damage to specials that depend on a stat? Or is it only displayed buffs?

They do. They only don’t add to the damage of -blade tomes.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

They do. They only don’t add to the damage of -blade tomes.

I'm assuming only displayed buffs add damage to ~blade tomes directly?

Edited by tobuShogi

1 hour ago, Logos said:

I got a 3 Star +Spd -Def Nino out of luck. So I immediately made her into a 5 star, and merged my current already present 5 star Nino (+HP -Def) into her, effectively giving her Death  33+1 HP, 33 Atk, 39+1 Spd, 16 Def, and 26 Res. Is it better to give such a Nino Fury 3 or is she better off with Deathblow 3, and if I choose either of the two what B slot skill should I equip her with?

Due to the already high damage that Gronnblade deals, you're better off increasing her Spd than her Atk. Life and Death is the most optimal skill for the A slot, but Fury is next in line. Fury gives her more bulk to survive a counterattack before Desperation activates, but Life and Death gives her more power, especially after you have activated Desperation.

Desperation should be her B slot.

Is the Berkut GHB coming right after the Bound Hero Battle ends, or is there going to be a repeat GHB coming this week?

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Is the Berkut GHB coming right after the Bound Hero Battle ends, or is there going to be a repeat GHB coming this week?

Berkut's Grand Hero Battle is announced for "next week". Nothing has so far been announced for the space between when the Bound Hero Battle ends and Berkut's Grand Hero Battle begins.

8 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

I want to confirm something. ~raven tome users with TA3 get 1.6x more damage(Weapon triangle bonus+ TA3 + ~raven tome each providing 20%?) against colorless enemies, correct?  

Raven tomes do not increase WTA bonus, they enable WTA against colourless. The maximum WTA bonus is ×1.4.

Is Fae any good?

I'm tempted to throw mine as Renewal fodder for Masked Marth, as she is +Hp/-Atk. I'm only holding back because she is 5* and I'm not using Marthcina much.
But if she's not good (with those IVs, I can see her being pretty weak), I may go for it.

Just now, Rinco said:

Is Fae any good?

@Ice Dragon has a max HM one.  I was actually going to ask him about it as well, because I noticed it was being used more than his Tiki, which I found surprising.  Then again, I don't know much about the dragons.