"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Robin is fine if those are your only options (unless you're building a horse team, but I'm going to guess you're not). If he's mostly used to deal with red and colorless units, he can do fine, especially if you give him Triangle Adept. I was more trying to point out that he's not as good as people thought him to be at the start of the game.

Cherche can be a very good unit, but she needs a Brave Axe to be considered better then Legion. You should always take tier lists with a grain of salt. I personally don't agree with Effie being an S+ unit, although she's certainly decent enough to promote.

What I was mostly trying to say before is that Kagero doesn't need to be a priority to promote. As you said yourself, you should first focus on getting a good blue mage and an axe user. If you have feathers left after that, Kagero and Effie are good choices to spend them on.

Awesome stuff. THanks so much for the help. I think I have a good focus now. Hopefully I can rack up some more orbs before this banner ends to snatch the blue mage if she is any good. 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Jman1115 said:

Awesome stuff. THanks so much for the help. I think I have a good focus now. Hopefully I can rack up some more orbs before this banner ends to snatch the blue mage if she is any good. 

No problem, always glad to help. Delthea is very good, you should definitly try to get her. She's comparable to Linde, who is currently the second best blue mage in the game. Good luck trying to get her!

3 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

So what should I do with a 5* MCorrin? I have better sword users, and he doesn't seem to shine as a skill fodder either. 

You send him home

Depending on his bane and boon you can do a couple things, but Fury is REALLY good on him. The B slot is a little tricky though. Desperation could work I guess, but that's better suited for +Spd builds.

Assuming he isn't -Def, the Special trigger should be Bonfire for sure.

54 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Have anyone try if cancel affinity works on a colorless physical unit that goes against a mage that have both TA and raven tome?

Weapon triangle effects from Litrraven are literally no different than weapon triangle effects given by the natural weapon triangle as far as game mechanics care.

15 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

So does Renewal activates at each 1st turn of a new map . 

It does. That is why it makes Falchion users superior to most staff users as healers. Reciprocal Aid can heal almost anyone back to full HP. Falchion user with Renewal 3 will heal about 20 HP during the match if it lasts about four turns, and another 20HP at the start of the next map. They can also take on units without a damage penalty. With the right units, you generally only need to heal once per map in the beginning. Usually, it is possible to go through a whole Tempest Trial run without healing until the last map.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

It does. That is why it makes Falchion users superior to most staff users as healers. Reciprocal Aid can heal almost anyone back to full HP. Falchion user with Renewal 3 will heal about 20 HP during the match if it lasts about four turns, and another 20HP at the start of the next map. They can also take on units without a damage penalty. With the right units, you generally only need to heal once per map in the beginning. Usually, it is possible to go through a whole Tempest Trial run without healing until the last map.

Yep.  The only exceptions are if you have an Elise who is capable of doing more damage than many Falchion users with Wrathful staff.  

Priscilla is also a good option.

If you have an infantry healer, odds are you should use a Reciprocal Aid healer.

9 hours ago, Levin's Scarf said:

So what should I do with a 5* MCorrin? I have better sword users, and he doesn't seem to shine as a skill fodder either. 

my M!Corn is my main sword unit, and he's -Atk, +Res which people would probably say is the worst boon/bane combo. like Arcanite said, Fury is really good on him. he's quite tanky and can survive a hit or two from things that aren't Brave Lance (i think he can live through unbuffed Hinoka though) or Swordbreaker (with +Res and Fury, he has 31 def and 31 res, so even mages have trouble. buffed Ninos cry everytime). his middling speed with Fury is enough to not get doubled by most things, which adds to his tankiness, but i put Quick Riposte on him to ensure doubling (though Swordbreaker would be good too) and Moonbow for a guaranteed special proc (mine kinda needs that, being -Atk). his weapon also adds to his speed when initiating which is nice. the QR Fury thing is kind of..counteractive but it still works pretty well in the arena where you'll likely only need it once. this is just from my experience what i like, but honestly you can go a lot of different ways with him, since his stat spread is kind of jack-of-all-trades (which is arguably the worst..and why people don't use Camilla..)

13 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

What do I want to do on a Clair? I've got one now, with a boon in Def and a bane in Res (...or maybe it was the other way around).

Do the usual.

Clair +Def -Res
Brave Lance, Luna
Life and Death, Lancebreaker
Player Phase 71:5:70

If you cannot afford Life and Death, Fury 3 is okay but not optimal. Desperation is also good.

On 7/12/2017 at 8:17 PM, XRay said:

The Lightning Breath build is more tanky and much cheaper, but its offensive power decreases significantly the higher the merge levels go. If you have the resources, just grab both since they use the same nature anyways. Neutral is not a bad nature, so you can start investing in and using her right away.

I'm not following the logic here. Why does her offensive power decrease the more she's merged?

On 7/12/2017 at 8:53 PM, Ice Dragon said:

@tobuShogi

I use Fae [+Atk, -Def] (Lightning Breath+, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, S Speed +1) as my tank build.

Triangle Adept gives her both the bulk to survive multiple rounds of combat against blue opponents and also makes up for Lightning Breath+'s lower damage output. Quick Riposte is an absolute must due to her low Spd and enemy phase focus.

Reciprocal Aid, Aether, and Fortify Dragons are flexible.

Reciprocal Aid lets her pass her massive HP pool to someone else after she is done tanking what she needs to tank since she probably won't be taking much damage as long as she has weapon triangle advantage. Draw Back or Reposition also work if that's your cup of tea.

As long as you fight at weapon triangle advantage or even neutral weapon triangle, you probably won't really need your special skill. I have Aether for arena points.

The C skill obviously depends on your team. Fae is typically paired with Ninian, and Fortify Dragons works best for that pairing.

S Speed +1 is there mostly to prevent being double attacked by Julia. Because Fae can actually tank a hit from Julia.

What's the reason to run a Defense bane over Resistance? Is it because it's better to tank magic attacks better than to tank both physical and magical attacks mediocrely? 

I really wish they re-release sacred seals again. Took a break from FEH so I'm missing a majority of them.

So I pulled a 5* +Res/Atk- Boey. Does anyone want Gronnowl+ or should I merge him with my +Spd/Def- one whenever I decide to promote him to 5*? I like units that can take a hit so maybe a +Spd/HP- one is better? Usually mages shouldn't be tanking physical hits but Boey's got really nice defense for a mage so I don't want to take that away from him. My 4* Boey already has Quick Riposte 2 and it's served me decently well on TT's hard mode.  

Edited by tobuShogi

@tobuShogi He means enemy merge levels. Lightning Breath's damage can't keep up the higher you go in arena.

-Def I'm assuming because that gives her the best matchup spread. With Triangle Adept she will only ever let herself get attacked by blues since they'll do single-digit or just straight 0 damage to her.

Merge that Boey if you're going to use him. -Owl isn't a very desirable tome and he doesn't even get Renewal as a 4*. Earth Boost is fairly niche and there are other, better A passives you can run like Triangle Adept to complement his physical bulk, especially if you can give him -Raven for tanking bows.

12 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

I'm not following the logic here. Why does her offensive power decrease the more she's merged?

Her attack value increases, but if you match her against opponents with the same merge level as hers, her offensive potential decreases as the merge level of both goes higher.

To quickly illustrate the point, we will use a purely theoretical and extreme example. Lets say the average unit has 40 attack (including weapon), 30 defense, and 30 health. Units in general have 33% more attack than defense, making battles go by relatively quickly. If you merge them, every 5 levels of merging gives each stat +2. Assuming we have unlimited merging and merge them to 110 attack, 100 defense, and 100 health, battles will go by extremely slowly, as the Attack stat is only 10% more powerful than the average defense stat.

Basically, attack does not scale as rapidly as bulk does. This affects all units, but some units and builds are more affected than others.

Edited by XRay

55 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Attack goes up by 4.8 points (or 5.6 points with Triangle Adept) by merging from +0 to +10.

Bulk goes up by 8 points (4 points of HP, 4 points of the applicable defense stat) by merging from +0 to +10.

The higher the merge level, the bulkier all units get relative to each other, which means all units have weaker offenses in relation.

59 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

What's the reason to run a Defense bane over Resistance? Is it because it's better to tank magic attacks better than to tank both physical and magical attacks mediocrely?

+10 +Atk Life and Death Cordelia has 33 effective Atk after Triangle Adept.
+10 +Atk Fury Ephraim has 37 effective Atk.
+10 +Atk Silver Lance+ Death Blow Effie has 41 effective Atk.

+10 [+Atk, -Def] Fae with Fortify Dragons has 32 Def and 50 HP.

Fae takes 1×2 damage from Cordelia (Cordelia dies before her follow-up).
Fae takes 5 damage from Ephraim.
Fae takes 9 damage from Effie.

Moonbow from a physical attacker does a whole 9 damage.

For comparison, +10 =Res Fae has 40 Res with Fortify Dragons. An opposing blue tome user needs 67 Atk to deal 1 damage to her.

Fully buffed +10 +Atk Blarblade+ Reinhardt (no A skill) has 50 effective Atk and deals 10 damage. Life and Death allows Reinhardt to double attack, but he will die before landing his follow-up.
+10 +Atk Dire Thunder Death Blow Reinhardt with Hone Cavalry has 36 effective Atk and deals 0×2 damage. If the Reinhardt has Quickened Pulse and Moonbow, he deals 0×2+8 damage.

Her Def is high enough with -Def and Fortify Dragons to comfortably tank every physical blue unit, and leaving her Res intact lets her laugh at Blarblade+ just a bit more.

+ATK/-SPD Delthea.

• Dark Aura
  • Draw Back
  • Moonbow/Dragon Fang
  • Death Blow 3
  • Lancebreaker 2 (Not going to forgo my only remaining Narcian)
  • Drive ATK 3

She's bombing anything she touches with 59 ATK, but at 31 SPD she's not doubling much. Would Moonbow or Dragon Fang serve her better? With Moonbow she's doing bonus damage quite a bit more often and building her special quickly to offset her low speed, but with Dragon Fang anything she touches barring Triangle Adept greens is getting ORKO'ed.

Which is better? As far as builds go, I'm not seeing anything else other than the aformentioned A/B skills that salvages her horrible speed. Darting Blow is alright, but It's not really salvaging her speed as she only hits 37.

Edited by Zeo

19 minutes ago, Zeo said:

+SPD/-ATK Delthea.

• Dark Aura
  • Draw Back
  • Moonbow/Dragon Fang
  • Death Blow 3
  • Lancebreaker 2 (Not going to forgo my only remaining Narcian)
  • Drive ATK 3

She's bombing anything she touches with 59 ATK, but at 31 SPD she's not doubling much. Would Moonbow or Dragon Fang serve her better? With Moonbow she's doing bonus damage quite a bit more often and building her special quickly to offset her low speed, but with Dragon Fang anything she touches barring Triangle Adept greens is getting ORKO'ed.

Which is better? As far as builds go, I'm not seeing anything else other than the aformentioned A/B skills that salvages her horrible speed. Darting Blow is alright, but It's not really salvaging her speed as she only hits 37.

I assume you mean [+Atk, -Spd], not [+Spd, -Atk].

Personally, I've been putting Draconic Aura on all of my glass cannon mages. Its up-time is good enough and it deals enough damage to make a difference in enough match-ups. Moonbow is weak, especially on a magic user because Res is typically lower than Def for most opponents.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I assume you mean [+Atk, -Spd], not [+Spd, -Atk].

Personally, I've been putting Draconic Aura on all of my glass cannon mages. Its up-time is good enough and it deals enough damage to make a difference in enough match-ups. Moonbow is weak, especially on a magic user because Res is typically lower than Def for most opponents.

Corrected. I most certainly mean +ATK/-SPD. 

Draconic Aura appears to be the best bang for her buck. I don't have any Draconic Aura Fodder however except for my one Camilla who I don't want to part with. Both of those however are superior to Luna and Moonbow. Wish I hadn't jumped the gun and gave her my only Palla. M!Marth wanted that Moonbow too. Dragon Fang may be the way to go. I'll just need to attack a lot of Lances in order to get the skill ready.

I may go Dragon Fang, just need to stop jumping the gun. Draconic Aura is 123 ORKOs vs Dragon Fang's 129. Moonbow however is 106.

With my Delthea being +Res/-Atk, would Iceberg/Glacies be the best way to go in terms of her special? I've already sacked a spare 4* Niles to give her Chilling Wind + Iceberg but I've yet to unlock either of them. I would just like to know if there is a better option before I go and spend SP.

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

With my Delthea being +Res/-Atk, would Iceberg/Glacies be the best way to go in terms of her special? I've already sacked a spare 4* Niles to give her Chilling Wind + Iceberg but I've yet to unlock either of them. I would just like to know if there is a better option before I go and spend SP.

With Dark Aura and no A skill, she has 47 Atk and 34 Res, which is 14 damage on Draconic Aura and 17 on Iceberg.

With Death Blow 3, she has 15 damage on Draconic Aura.

With Life and Death 3, she has 15 damage on Draconic Aura and 16 on Iceberg.

If you're ever expecting to get a better Delthea (+Atk or +Spd), Draconic Aura is always equal to or better than Iceberg, though the difference is only 1 point or so. If you ever want to switch out Dark Aura for Blarblade+, Draconic Aura always out-performs Iceberg.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

With Dark Aura and no A skill, she has 47 Atk and 34 Res, which is 14 damage on Draconic Aura and 17 on Iceberg.

With Death Blow 3, she has 15 damage on Draconic Aura.

With Life and Death 3, she has 15 damage on Draconic Aura and 16 on Iceberg.

If you're ever expecting to get a better Delthea (+Atk or +Spd), Draconic Aura is always equal to or better than Iceberg, though the difference is only 1 point or so. If you ever want to switch out Dark Aura for Blarblade+, Draconic Aura always out-performs Iceberg.

I'm not planning on going out of my way to get a better Delthea though if I luck into a +Atk one down the line, I'll be sure to go with Draconic Aura. For now, I'll just make do with what I was given and go ahead and unlock Iceberg for her. Thanks for your input man.