"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

43 minutes ago, Eridras said:

Having failed miserably to get either Ike or Ryoma this last week, I'm left to ask this question: just how useful is Distant Counter?  I ask because I've been very happy with running Eldigan in my Horse Emblem team, and I'm wondering if Xander would be better. 

Released stats(which have been slightly off in the past) has Eldigan and Xander being nearly identical stat-wise, with the big difference being their weapon special ability. I love firing off Bonfires nearly every round of combat. But is Distant Counter that much more useful?

Well I would just wait to see How Xander actually looks when we get him.  He would replace every Red in the game if he came with his final chapter stats!  But a near identical Eldigan with Siegfried would still be better than Ike or Ryoma AND he could receive cavalry buffs making him God mode, heres hoping...

Eldigan is trash vs ranged units as he cant kil them all in one round, greatly reducing his effective spread, so I would say Distant is more useful overall.  Xander would still be able to Moonbow kill in one round as well, or at least heavily soften an attacker enough for followup.  I just use Eldigan as the Hone Bearer and only swap in to cover Rein or Cecila from a melee attack, those two mages kill nearly every one!  I would probably prefer Xander with Distant counter receiving a buff from Cecilia to bait a green mage, one of the few units those two don't fight well.  Eldigan has way better art and is slightly better at his kill melee role though for sure!

Edited by Chromatone

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Chromatone said:

Well I would just wait to see How Xander actually looks when we get him.  He would replace every Red in the game if he came with his final chapter stats!  But a near identical Eldigan with Siegfried would still be better than Ike or Ryoma baseline AND he could receive cavalry buffs making him God mode, heres hoping...

Eldigan is trash vs ranged units as he cant kil them all in one round, greatly reducing his effective spread, so I would say Distant is more useful overall.  Xander would still be able to Moonbow kill in one round as well, or at least heavily soften an attacker enough for followup.  I just use Eldigan as the Hone Bearer and only swap in to cover Rein or Cecila from a melee attack, those two mages kill nearly every one!  I would probably prefer Xander with Distant counter receiving a buff from Cecilia to bait a green mage, one of the few units those two don't fight well.  Eldigan has way better art and is slightly better at his kill melee role though for sure!

My worry is that the data mined Xander has 17 Res. He's likely going to get doubled by everything and take a ton of damage doing it. But you're right, I should probably wait and see. 

19 minutes ago, Eridras said:

My worry is that the data mined Xander has 17 Res. He's likely going to get doubled by everything and take a ton of damage doing it. But you're right, I should probably wait and see. 

Well none of the other Distant counter Heroes have decent Res and none of the others can easily receive +10 to stats or move 3 Spaces either :)

I tried to pull a Hector from the Hero Fest and got three Ryoma instead: neutral, -Hp/+Def and -HP/+Atk. I'm trying to assemble a Pegasus Knights squadron usable in the arena. I would like to keep one Ryoma and give one Rajiinto to Caeda. The base idea is to turn her into a mage bait. I have two questions:

1. Does this idea make sense at all ?
  2. Which Ryoma should I keep ?

I'm also playing with the idea of giving Palla the capability of handling archers. This seems to requires heavy editing, she will need Bowbreaker and Iote's shield at least. Would a Rajinto make sense in that context ? Or, should I choose another unit for this role, e.g. Clair or Cordelia ?

7 minutes ago, chirp said:

I tried to pull a Hector from the Hero Fest and got three Ryoma instead: neutral, -Hp/+Def and -HP/+Atk. I'm trying to assemble a Pegasus Knights squadron usable in the arena. I would like to keep one Ryoma and give one Rajiinto to Caeda. The base idea is to turn her into a mage bait. I have two questions:

1. Does this idea make sense at all ?
  2. Which Ryoma should I keep ?

I'm also playing with the idea of giving Palla the capability of handling archers. This seems to requires heavy editing, she will need Bowbreaker and Iote's shield at least. Would a Rajinto make sense in that context ? Or, should I choose another unit for this role, e.g. Clair or Cordelia ?

Raijinto cannot be passed on. 

3 hours ago, Chromatone said:

Yea threaten Speed isn't entirely necessary, Im not a huge fan of those skills in general, it just came free with Selena and it is certainly the best threaten.  Hones are the best c skills esp if u have a blade mage.  I edited the post adding this about specials:

Moonbow secures a few r1 kills Notably ike and Hector but sol or luna can all be useful for more powerful follow up

Hmmm, I'll just fit whatever buff I need for the team on his C slot then. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Chromatone said:

Yea threaten Speed isn't entirely necessary, Im not a huge fan of those skills in general, it just came free with Selena and it is certainly the best threaten.  Hones are the best c skills esp if u have a blade mage.  I edited the post adding this about specials:

Moonbow secures a few r1 kills Notably ike and Hector but sol or luna can all be useful for more powerful follow up

Fun fact:. Hone Attack does NOT stack with Rally Attack.  Wish I'd known that before sacrificing my Olivia.  -_-

Just a caution so no one repeats my mistake.

8 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Fun fact:. Hone Attack does NOT stack with Rally Attack.  Wish I'd known that before sacrificing my Olivia.  -_-

Because they both result in blue numbers on the stat block.

I'm working on making my Titania good, probably in a Horse Emblem team.

She's +Res, so I was going to give her Glacies or Iceberg, unless another Special would be better.

I was going to give her either Fortify or Hone Cavalry.  It's basically which would work better on others, and she'd get the benefit of the opposite.  Pumping her defenses would also help her Special be beefier, so I thought that Hone might be better on her, but I'd appreciate the input of the more numbers-savvy peeps here.

8 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Because they both result in blue numbers on the stat block.

I'm working on making my Titania good, probably in a Horse Emblem team.

She's +Res, so I was going to give her Glacies or Iceberg, unless another Special would be better.

I was going to give her either Fortify or Hone Cavalry.  It's basically which would work better on others, and she'd get the benefit of the opposite.  Pumping her defenses would also help her Special be beefier, so I thought that Hone might be better on her, but I'd appreciate the input of the more numbers-savvy peeps here.

@Rezzy  Yea I have the same Situation with Titania one of my fave charecters, such gorgeous art design, and so much trashing of baddies in both her games hehe.  Without +atk or Spd she is a support Character, she can obliterate blues, heal and give a Cavalry buff, this is already fine in horsemblem.  Renewal could help her role as a healer.  I don't know who else is on your team, but she likes either of the Buffs but is low priority to receive one.  I was thinking to put fortress defense on her and receive fort cavalry to be a huge wall with killer axe and Glacies, but Iceberg is probably more practical special otherwise.

EVERYONE CAN CHECK CALCULATIONS HERE:

https://rocketmo.github.io/feh-damage-calc/

This site is immensely helpful for trying skill situations.

Edited by Chromatone

So I just pulled a second Hector and I'm unsure what to do with him. I already have a +Atk/-Res Hector, so I don't think a +Spd/-Res is better than him, so I'm unsure whether to merge him into my first Hector for the bonus stats or if I should give Distant Counter to someone else, though I don't know who I'd give it too.

Here's a list of my melee units without a range option (I didn't count the dragons since they have access to Lightning Breath+ and usually like to have TA3 in their A slot) :

Spoiler

5*
Lucina
Alm
Lyn
Eirika
Lukas
Ephraim
Effie
Cordelia
Subaki
Cherche
Camilla
Beruka

4*
Every other melee units that are available at 4* except Clair.

21 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

So I just pulled a second Hector and I'm unsure what to do with him. I already have a +Atk/-Res Hector, so I don't think a +Spd/-Res is better than him, so I'm unsure whether to merge him into my first Hector for the bonus stats or if I should give Distant Counter to someone else, though I don't know who I'd give it too.

Here's a list of my melee units without a range option (I didn't count the dragons since they have access to Lightning Breath+ and usually like to have TA3 in their A slot) :

Reveal hidden contents

5*
Lucina
Alm
Lyn
Eirika
Lukas
Ephraim
Effie
Cordelia
Subaki
Cherche
Camilla
Beruka

4*
Every other melee units that are available at 4* except Clair.

Yea I think merging +1 is a huge waste for such a special unit.  Im just holding my second for now.  A team with two hectors could be strong and some one might come along who would be insane with distant counter.  Its also fine to give it to another different color Armor but its really hard to top Hectors kit because Armads is insane with it (best legend weapon in the game imo).

4 hours ago, Chromatone said:

@Rezzy  Yea I have the same Situation with Titania one of my fave charecters, such gorgeous art design, and so much trashing of baddies in both her games hehe.  Without +atk or Spd she is a support Character, she can obliterate blues, heal and give a Cavalry buff, this is already fine in horsemblem.  Renewal could help her role as a healer.  I don't know who else is on your team, but she likes either of the Buffs but is low priority to receive one.  I was thinking to put fortress defense on her and receive fort cavalry to be a huge wall with killer axe and Glacies, but Iceberg is probably more practical special otherwise.

I've got Abel, Leo, and Olwen at 5*  I've also got Gunter at level 40, but he's 4*, and I wouldn't want to double up on Axes.  I've got Hone Speed on Abel for my main Arena Team, but I could change that to Hone Cavalry.

I also have Cecelia, who I could give Gronnblade, if that is as broken as it looks.

4 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

I'd keep +Spd Hector. 28 speed is actually a pretty decent speed tier---it goes to a mind boggling 40 spd if you manage to pull 3 more +Spd Hectors for 3 stacks of Goad Armor. (Ofc, don't merge the +Atk one into him either, keep em both.)

Off-topic Edit: Suppose someone has 4 Hectors in an off-account with about 150 or so orbs locked behind story missions, would the proper thing to do be pull more Hectors, or stop pulling Hectors? (I'm debating between going full Hector Emblem or just slapping Distant Counter on everyone instead.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Is the Hero Fest Banner the one for Battling Xander, or is there going to be a separate Battling Xander Banner?  I want to save up some Orbs for Linde, but the game keeps throwing Banners that demand I Pull at us.

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

I'd keep +Spd Hector. 28 speed is actually a pretty decent speed tier---it goes to a mind boggling 40 spd if you manage to pull 3 more +Spd Hectors for 3 stacks of Goad Armor. (Ofc, don't merge the +Atk one into him either, keep em both.)

Off-topic Edit: Suppose someone has 4 Hectors in an off-account with about 150 or so orbs locked behind story missions, would the proper thing to do be pull more Hectors, or stop pulling Hectors? (I'm debating between going full Hector Emblem or just slapping Distant Counter on everyone instead.)

You can never have enough Hector.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is the Hero Fest Banner the one for Battling Xander, or is there going to be a separate Battling Xander Banner?  I want to save up some Orbs for Linde, but the game keeps throwing Banners that demand I Pull at us.

Nope

there is gonna be ANOTHER banner for Xander so prioritization is key here

17 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Nope

there is gonna be ANOTHER banner for Xander so prioritization is key here

Wow, I'm having a hard time thinking if there's any possible way to top the two Banners we have now, unless they stick more Tellius characters in there or something.  And Azura, Ryoma, and Takumi battling Xander seemed thematically appropriate.

It would be nice if the 8% chance at a 5* stuck around.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It would be nice if the 8% chance at a 5* stuck around.

If they do that, I'm licking the bottom of the last shoe you wore.

highly doubt that they're gonna do it any time soon. If anything, they'll probably save it for some other special event in the future, but not anywhere near the current present

In before they have a second Hero Fest event and I have to lick some mucked up pair of flats

So, is +Spd good enough on Ryoma that's it's worth a -Atk nature? Or should I stick with my +HP/-Def one? Whoever I don't keep will end up as a +2 merge since I pulled a third +HP/-Atk Ryoma. It seems I keep getting 4* Stahl and 5* focus units whenever I'm looking for a Roy to use as fodder. I even got a third Azura and my first Eldigan lmao.

3 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Yeah, I decided to just keep the additional Hector since as Arcanite said, you can never have too much Hector and I'll have a Distant Counter fodder in case someone who really wants it ever comes around.

I think that 5% was just part of the 1-2 combo to our wallets that the PoR banner-> meta units banner was. In fact, make it a 3-hit combo: Heyguysit'sAlmanewlord -> WhataboutsomeIke -> Metagameunitsforyou. Making the last banner units 5% enusres quite a few orb purchases more, as the already orb-deprived players see that as an impossible to top offer.

I will have by the end of the event 30 orbs, after already spending 18 in 4 pull attempts with no luck (aiming for Hector, if no greens Azura, if not Takumi), and while I won't break my FtP vow so easily, damn, if I don't get Hector I'm going to be really tempted.

8 hours ago, Chromatone said:

This is addicting lol

I'm legitimately hoping to get Distant Counter on her. I have all of the other skills I listed :D

Messages Image(2591531324).jpg

I hate to ask again, but I have one day left to do this or else I lose four free units and two free orbs.  Is it even possible with my line-up, or should I just resign myself to passing this opportunity?

On 4/29/2017 at 6:32 PM, JJ48 said:

Does anyone have some advice for the Navarre and Robin battles on their harder difficulties?  Is it feasible to run them with both Navarre and Robin in my teams (to get the quest bonuses), or should I make two separate runs?  Also, what teams should I use?  My characters 35 and up are:

40 Eliwood 4-Star

40 M. Corrin 5-Star

40 Tharja 5-Star

40 Camilla 5-Star

40 Merric 5-Star

40 Ursula 5-Star

39 Serra 4-Star

38 F Robin 4-Star

38 Cecilia 4-Star

37 Sharena 5-Star

37 Navarre 4-Star

37 Palla 3-Star

36 Matthew 4-Star

36 Sophia 4-Star

35 Cherche 4-Star

35 Catria 4-Star

35 Fir 4-Star

35 Subaki 3-Star

35 Est 3-Star

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!