"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I forget the exact math on it, but Healer's Atk gets halved at some point, so it's not calculated like all the other units.

It's halved after the final calculation:

34 Atk - 22 Res = 12 damage

12/2 = 6 damage at final

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, salinea said:

I'm at a loss about what to give my Eirika for A-slot skill.

I'd just give her T-Adept. T-Adept isn't great on sweepers (Cordelia hates it, for example, since without it she destroys everyone), but it's great on support units, letting them hard-counter a threat without needing to use up a lot of HP for it. This is why Azura is great---she stabs swords to death and dances other units when there're no swords to stab. Eirika can do the same thing, her spread is very good for T-Adept---good bulk, good speed tier, low offenses, but T-Adept fixes that easily---and you can just have her full-on Rally-bot whenever there's no greens to kill.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Don't be a coward and grind hero merit!

I HAVE been BUT I just finished grinding the Titania Imma need for next season's arena AND I just pulled a Camilla demanding to be trained >3<

Well... since I can't get any help on that lol... (perhaps it was unfair to ask something like that anyway)

What's my best possible Cav team comp with who I've got?

Spoiler

tumblr_op6iuqVCkP1shnqb4o1_540.png

Eliwood is +Atk/-Spd, Rein is +Atk/-Def, Abel is +Atk/-HP, Leo is +Def/-Spd, Titania is +Spd/-HP, and Cecilia is IDK but something passable at least (best nature of several pulls). I also have 2 Gunter and 4 Jagen for inheritable cav buffs and all colors of Blade tomes available to inherit as well.

Pretty much have everything a cav team could want except maybe Eldigan + 2 more Gunters for all Hone Cav and the feathers to make it happen

EDIT: Oh also I had the thought to give one of my Hone Cavvers Hone Atk+2 from someone else so that they can also get Harsh Command from Gunter as well (JIC of instances of debuffing on blade tome users or whatever). Probably like Gwendy + Gunter for combined inheritance of Hone Atk+2 + Cav, Drag Back, Harsh Command (if I get an extra Nino could also use her for Draw Back instead of Drag Back). 

Edited by BANRYU

Trying to find niche build for Titania still...  What about a disruption tank using her Armored blow to initiate with Poison strike / Drawback / Seal Attack + Savage blow or Threaten Attack?  Charge up a Glacies, boom!  Im reaching i know but she's quite tough and could open some hard fights with this kit.

Edited by Chromatone

I can't seem to decide the perfect assist skill for Lucina. I wanna go with Rally Speed because some of my units are pretty slow. But also ardent sacrifice because she is getting healed every 2/3 turns (or in other words, I plan on giving her renewal. However, I also gave her Fury). Any ideas?

50 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I'd just give her T-Adept. T-Adept isn't great on sweepers (Cordelia hates it, for example, since without it she destroys everyone), but it's great on support units, letting them hard-counter a threat without needing to use up a lot of HP for it. This is why Azura is great---she stabs swords to death and dances other units when there're no swords to stab. Eirika can do the same thing, her spread is very good for T-Adept---good bulk, good speed tier, low offenses, but T-Adept fixes that easily---and you can just have her full-on Rally-bot whenever there's no greens to kill.

Thanks! Yeah, that makes sense. I guess I'll just hope to have another Roy ready the next time I want TA for another unit :)

Edited by salinea

20 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I can't seem to decide the perfect assist skill for Lucina. I wanna go with Rally Speed because some of my units are pretty slow. But also ardent sacrifice because she is getting healed every 2/3 turns (or in other words, I plan on giving her renewal. However, I also gave her Fury). Any ideas?

I like swap. (And reposition skills in general). But that's mostly because an ultra-aggressive lineup like mine lives and dies with positioning. It should also be better to buff speed with C-slot skills rather than using an assist for it, since a positioning assist skills let's hones fire off very consistently.

Regarding healing assists, reciprocal aid seems like the best, because only one unit needs it. It uses its hp to heal someone low, and then takes from someone high to get ready to heal again. Just 1 reciprocal aid lets you swap hp between all of your team.

Still looking for input on cav team comp .3.

38 minutes ago, Chromatone said:

Trying to find niche build for Titania still...  What about a disruption tank using her Armored blow to initiate with Poison strike / Drawback / Seal Attack + Savage blow or Threaten Attack?  Charge up a Glacies, boom!  Im reaching i know but she's quite tough and could open some hard fights with this kit.

TBH I think Killer + Luna + Fury + Renewal is probably just what she wants... she DOES have a niche in terms of being one of the fastest Axe-users, and has an edge on Anna in terms of being less frail / more mobile and Minerva by taking special hits better. I don't know if that's the kind of niche you're looking for, but it seems pretty good to me. 

31 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Swap and Repo are both very good movement skills IMO, but consider also Reciprocal Aid-- it's one of the most versatile skills in the game since you can choose who you want to heal with it (user or recipient), and with Renewal + Falchion healing she can be a really good pseudo-healer that way if she's avoiding combat for whatever reason. If you skip on a positioning skill, that's what I'd suggest. 

What would be a good Assist for Ike? I need someone to stop me from giving him Smite just because I always slot it to him in PoR.

The Ike I drew is +Att/-Def.

My team still being Sharena, Nino/Julia (with draw back), Klein (with Reposition) and Eirika (Pivot/Rally Res)..... and I'm not sure who I'm moving for Ike, actually. So if someone has some advice on that as well?

Edited by salinea

3 minutes ago, salinea said:

What would be a good Assist for Ike? I need someone to stop me from giving him Smite just because I always slot it to him in PoR (My team still being the Sharena, Nino/Julia (with draw back), Klein (with Reposition) and Eirika (Pivot/Rally Res)..... and I'm not sure who I'm moving for Ike, actually. So if someone has some advice on that as well?

Reposition or Swap would be good. Assuming QR Ike (to double during defense and thereby charge Aether in one round), you want a way to Ike to get to the front after your other units used up their turns already.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Reposition or Swap would be good. Assuming QR Ike (to double during defense and thereby charge Aether in one round), you want a way to Ike to get to the front after your other units used up their turns already.

Thanks.

My Ike is +Att/-Def so I'm afraid he might be a bit too fragile to properly run a defensive QR Ike. Is it still worthwhile?

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Thanks.

My Ike is +Att/-Def so I'm afraid he might be a bit too fragile to properly run a defensive QR Ike. Is it still worthwhile?

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

What's my best possible Cav team comp with who I've got?

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_op6iuqVCkP1shnqb4o1_540.png

Eliwood is +Atk/-Spd, Rein is +Atk/-Def, Abel is +Atk/-HP, Leo is +Def/-Spd, Titania is +Spd/-HP, and Cecilia is IDK but something passable at least (best nature of several pulls). I also have 2 Gunter and 4 Jagen for inheritable cav buffs and all colors of Blade tomes available to inherit as well.

Pretty much have everything a cav team could want except maybe Eldigan + 2 more Gunters for all Hone Cav and the feathers to make it happen

EDIT: Oh also I had the thought to give one of my Hone Cavvers Hone Atk+2 from someone else so that they can also get Harsh Command from Gunter as well (JIC of instances of debuffing on blade tome users or whatever). Probably like Gwendy + Gunter for combined inheritance of Hone Atk+2 + Cav, Drag Back, Harsh Command (if I get an extra Nino could also use her for Draw Back instead of Drag Back). 

. . . -bump-

5 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Ok, so I gave Catria Quick Riposte 3 for the B skill and Fortify Fliers for the C skill. Her assist is Draw Back. What should I do with the A skill? Should I leave it as Armored Blow or change it to something else? The plan is to make her part of a Flier Emblem team

Bump again! Any suggestions? @Arcanite or someone

Edited by GuiltyLove

34 minutes ago, salinea said:

Thanks.

Hmm. The thing is, Ike is paper to blues no matter what. (33 base Atk is strong enough to kill +Def Ike with Brave Lance+ and DB 3). So let's just ignore those.

Of greens, only mages are a problem, and Ike 1HKOs everyone fast enough to double him. (S!Camilla should be able to one-shot with all flier buffs, but you want Klein alongside Ike anyway, to take care of the glass-cannon reds.)

Ike kind of gets destroyed by reds because they get to use their A-slot for stats, while Ike really doesn't want to. (Heavy-Blade.jpg). This means Ike needs either: A lot of buff support, or Klein. (To put some feathers into anyone looking at Ike funny.)

Thinking about it, Ike's default kit is probably his best one, unsupported. QR is trading his red match-ups in exchange for being a total juggernaut with buff support. -Def doesn't actually matter all that much, since it's Ike's speed that's the problem, no one who isn't blue is going to OHKO him anyway.

Edited by DehNutCase

@BANRYU Imo your best best is to go with a team of Reinhardt, Gronnblade Cecilia, Titania, and Eliwood. 

Either Titania or Eliwood should have Hone Cavalry, and the other should have Fortify Cavalry. I don't think it's particularly important who gets what since it'll mainly be just Rein and Cecilia that see combat, but if Eliwood/Titania need to fight, Eliwood probably gets slightly more out of Hone than Titania so he should probably get Fortify while Titania gets Hone. 

Optimal formation would have the Hone/Fortify buffers next to Cecilia at all times, of course, and Reinhardt is mostly good by himself but would do well with a Hone Cavalry buff. 

If you can, try to stay in a square formation where Cecilia has Hone/Fortify next to her and also Goad from a Rein that's one square away diagonally while that Rein is also next to the Hone unit. 

If you have to split the team for whatever reason, it's overall better to have Rein with the Hone user and Cecilia with the Fortify. This is because Rein makes use of the Hone buff but not the Fortify buff. Meanwhile, even though Cecilia would prefer the boost from Hone, she still gets +12 damage from Fortify, so it's the overall more efficient spread of resources. 

7 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Ok, so I gave Catria Quick Riposte 3 for the B skill and Fortify Fliers for the C skill. Her assist is Draw Back. What should I do with the A skill? Should I leave it as Armored Blow or change it to something else? The plan is to make her part of a Flier Emblem team

Catria had amazing synergy with her kit out of the box: good speed and bulk, especially with seal attack and armored blow, meant she can trade hits for days. Luna and Killer Lance meant she would win those trades. To be honest, she's one of those units that didn't need much tinkering with, given that she was so good to start. Kind of like Klein---sure, L&D is technically better, but is it better enough to use 20k feathers on him?

(Personally I would've kept Catria's default kit, but you already inherited QR on her, so I'll just pretend Catria is some other unit with QR3 rather than Seal Atk 3)

Given that you're using Catria in Flier emblem, I'm going to assume you have neither Hinoka nor Cordelia. Meaning a slower, more defensive team relying on fortify rather than hone. Distant Counter is obviously the best, since Catria has the best spread for it (good bulk to make sure she doesn't die, good damage to make the counter hurt), but I doubt you have a spare Hector. Therefore the choice is mostly between TA-3, which lets her demolish reds for free, Iote's shield, to lure archers (though not counter, unfortunately), and one of the stat increasing A-skills.

Fury is probably the best of the stat increasing A-skills, since it increases Speed and Atk without losing bulk until the third combat. (If you still had Seal Atk3 in the B-slot, I'd advise against Fury, since Catria wants to trade for days, but it's QR3.)

Assuming Michalis, there's really no need for 2 flier bait units, so the choice is mostly between TA and Fury-3.

I'm leaning towards TA since it lets Catria leverage her spread to the max, taking 0 from reds and using it to charge her special. Fury 3's nice if you have someone else for reds already (Hinoka or Cordelia or something), and it's decent in general anyway.

tl;dr TA3 pretty good for your Catria, Fury 3 always good for everyone, and Iotes might be nice to bait fliers if you don't have a Camilla (to destroy them with TA3 and Raven tome).

15 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Hmm. The thing is, Ike is paper to blues no matter what. (33 base Atk is strong enough to kill +Def Ike with Brave Lance+ and DB 3). So let's just ignore those.

Of greens, only mages are a problem, and Ike 1HKOs everyone fast enough to double him. (S!Camilla should be able to one-shot with all flier buffs, but you want Klein alongside Ike anyway, to take care of the glass-cannon reds.)

Ike kind of gets destroyed by reds because they get to use their A-slot for stats, while Ike really doesn't want to. (Heavy-Blade.jpg). This means Ike needs either: A lot of buff support, or Klein. (To put some feathers into anyone looking at Ike funny.)

Thinking about it, Ike's default kit is probably his best one, unsupported. QR is trading his red match-ups in exchange for being a total juggernaut with buff support. -Def doesn't actually matter all that much, since it's Ike's speed that's the problem, no one who isn't blue is going to OHKO him anyway.

Soooo no QR for Ike, then? What about that Swap?

Obviously the main buff supports are from Sharena... but then again Sharena can handle red sword units just fine if she's right here. Rally res Eirika could buff his res too, i guess. But as you say, it's better to have Klein in the team (and my Klein sports a Spur Att 2).

I'll probably run Ike with Julia (breath of life to compensate for his fragility a little), Klein and Sharena then.

Just now, salinea said:

Soooo no QR for Ike, then? What about that Swap?

Obviously the main buff supports are from Sharena... but then again Sharena can handle red sword units just fine if she's right here. Rally res Eirika could buff his res too, i guess. But as you say, it's better to have Klein in the team (and my Klein sports a Spur Att 2).

I'll probably run Ike with Julia (breath of life to compensate for his fragility a little), Klein and Sharena then.

Oh no, QR Ike is still great. It's just that it needs more support than default Ike, and you need to be more careful with him. (QR Ike has great numbers on the defense, dude 1 rounds like 60 dudes, and fully charges Aether, which lets him one round like 60 dudes on the offense as well.)

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Catria had amazing synergy with her kit out of the box: good speed and bulk, especially with seal attack and armored blow, meant she can trade hits for days. Luna and Killer Lance meant she would win those trades. To be honest, she's one of those units that didn't need much tinkering with, given that she was so good to start. Kind of like Klein---sure, L&D is technically better, but is it better enough to use 20k feathers on him?

(Personally I would've kept Catria's default kit, but you already inherited QR on her, so I'll just pretend Catria is some other unit with QR3 rather than Seal Atk 3)

Given that you're using Catria in Flier emblem, I'm going to assume you have neither Hinoka nor Cordelia. Meaning a slower, more defensive team relying on fortify rather than hone. Distant Counter is obviously the best, since Catria has the best spread for it (good bulk to make sure she doesn't die, good damage to make the counter hurt), but I doubt you have a spare Hector. Therefore the choice is mostly between TA-3, which lets her demolish reds for free, Iote's shield, to lure archers (though not counter, unfortunately), and one of the stat increasing A-skills.

Fury is probably the best of the stat increasing A-skills, since it increases Speed and Atk without losing bulk until the third combat. (If you still had Seal Atk3 in the B-slot, I'd advise against Fury, since Catria wants to trade for days, but it's QR3.)

Assuming Michalis, there's really no need for 2 flier bait units, so the choice is mostly between TA and Fury-3.

I'm leaning towards TA since it lets Catria leverage her spread to the max, taking 0 from reds and using it to charge her special. Fury 3's nice if you have someone else for reds already (Hinoka or Cordelia or something), and it's decent in general anyway.

tl;dr TA3 pretty good for your Catria, Fury 3 always good for everyone, and Iotes might be nice to bait fliers if you don't have a Camilla (to destroy them with TA3 and Raven tome).

Thanks! I have a Cordelia but she's not 5*. No Hinoka though... Hone Fliers would be so nice! I really like QR3 and it lets her destroy reds pretty easily and beat most blues. I think since she already has such an easy time vs reds (in the 10th stratum; haven't tried her in arena), I wouldn't need TA3, right? I'll see if I can get a Hinata for Fury 3... 

I have a Bunny Camilla at 5* but there's no one to give her a new weapon!

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

I recently scored 2 Hectors from a single batch of pulls. One of them is +Atk/-Def, the other is +Res/-Spd.

Which one should I use over the other?

+Atk Hector, for sure. Opens up opportunities to KO ranged squishies with an Atk buff.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Oh no, QR Ike is still great. It's just that it needs more support than default Ike, and you need to be more careful with him. (QR Ike has great numbers on the defense, dude 1 rounds like 60 dudes, and fully charges Aether, which lets him one round like 60 dudes on the offense as well.)

Thank you! QR+Swap it is (I love it when a Skill Transfer is so handy from just one unit :))

Oh, should I run Ike with Aether? I thought Luna was better.