"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Drag Back might be more preferable for infantry units while flying units want Hit and Run. Since Drag Back can sometimes just not work you will want to put it on units that will always get it off regardless of the target, save pulling a cavalry onto a forest tile. It's a bit map dependent though. Assuming there are no obstacles at all, Drag Back is better by a substantial margin.

That makes sense.

The primary use case I'm currently thinking about right now is Minerva and Cherche (but the more general the answer, the more I can use it in the future). Due to the fact that they generally are killing the opponent outright, there probably shouldn't be much of a difference (since Drag Back is always successful when the target dies, if I recall correctly).

My primary worry is the presence of fortification tiles where it would be beneficial to run Drag Back to pull an opponent off of a fortification, as that would be one of the few cases Minerva or Cherche's high damage output could fail to kill a target (while there is less chance this can backfire and pull an opponent onto a fortification because the target will more likely be dead). I'm not sure how founded this worry is, though. The spacing of fortification tiles on some maps means that an infantry unit on a fortification will continue to stay on fortifications (because they are 2 tiles apart), but both Minerva and Cherche have the bulk to take hits on counterattack on their own terms to keep an opponent from staying on the fortifications.

First-world problems...

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I use Drag Back on units that have no business being on the front lines, like Olivia.  I use it to grab an enemy, and pull them towards my team.

...What happens when the mod gets hit by a double-post-glitch?

Just now, phineas81707 said:

...What happens when the mod gets hit by a double-post-glitch?

I delete my own post and pretend that it never happened. :P:

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My primary worry is the presence of fortification tiles where it would be beneficial to run Drag Back to pull an opponent off of a fortification, as that would be one of the few cases Minerva or Cherche's high damage output could fail to kill a target (while there is less chance this can backfire and pull an opponent onto a fortification because the target will more likely be dead). I'm not sure how founded this worry is, though. The spacing of fortification tiles on some maps means that an infantry unit on a fortification will continue to stay on fortifications (because they are 2 tiles apart), but both Minerva and Cherche have the bulk to take hits on counterattack on their own terms to keep an opponent from staying on the fortifications.

There's a few ways to work around forts:

1) Bait enemy units as directly to your own units as possible, without letting them cross fort tiles.

2) If 1 isn't possible, then Drag them Back from a different direction, which can be complex but doable with positioning assists. This is more so the case with maps that have consecutive fort tiles lined up in one direction.

On map rotations with no impassible terrain like water, lava, or mountains, Drag Back offers more utility; otherwise, this is where Hit and Run's flexibility comes in.

Between the two I favor Drag Back more though.

Hey, just collected my feathers from the Gauntlet and I now have 20k. Who should I give it to?

Klein Def+/Spd- (I lack a viable colorless, Priscilla is my only one)

Palla Atk+/Spd- (To complete Flier Emblem because she dies too often)

Or Xander, because he's "special"

Edited by KongDude

1) I’ve got two 5⋆ Caedas (one is neutral, other is +Def, −Spd) and two 5⋆ Seliphs (both +HP, −Def). What shall I do with them?

I’m hesitant to get rid of one of the Caedas (Fortify Fliers doesn’t grow on trees, and Darting Blow can be acquired from Florina).
The Seliphs I'm more confused with. Rally Spd, HP +5, and Brash Assault don’t really make for a good inheritance material.
Do I just merge them and call it a day?

2) Moving along, I’ve got a ton of Fredericks, both 3⋆ and 4⋆. Who is a worthy recipient of Luna in theory and in practice?

3) Whom would you recommend to promote with my 24k feathers among the peeps in my roster? I lean towards Nino, but then I will have to rebuild my team around her and Eirika, requiring me to drop my 2k HM Bowbreaker Lilina. It can also be Xander to help me with the arena. It can also be somebody else.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 hours ago, KongDude said:

Hey, just collected my feathers from the Gauntlet and I now have 20k. Who should I give it to?

Klein Def+/Spd- (I lack a viable colorless, Priscilla is my only one)

Palla Atk+/Spd- (To complete Flier Emblem because she dies too often)

Or Xander, because he's "special"

Xander.  That Klein boon/bane isn't anything to write home about (+Atk or bust) and Palla's got the wrong bane.

What other colorless units do you have?

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

1) I’ve got two 5⋆ Caedas (one is neutral, other is +Def, −Spd) and two 5⋆ Seliphs (both +HP, −Def). What shall I do with them?

I’m hesitant to get rid of one of the Caedas (Fortify Fliers doesn’t grow on trees, and Darting Blow can be acquired from Florina).
The Seliphs I'm more confused with. Rally Spd, HP +5, and Brash Assault don’t really make for a good inheritance material.
Do I just merge them and call it a day?

2) Moving along, I’ve got a ton of Fredericks, both 3⋆ and 4⋆. Who is a worthy recipient of Luna in theory and in practice?

3) Whom would you recommend to promote with my 24k feathers among the peeps in my roster? I lean towards Nino, but then I will have to rebuild my team around her and Eirika, requiring me to drop my 2k HM Bowbreaker Lilina. It can also be Xander to help me with the arena. It can also be somebody else.

1a. Caeda - The -Spd one can be used for skill inheritance.  Give Fortify Fliers to a unit you WANT to field! :P:
1b. Seliph - Yeah, merge 'em.

2. I'm gonna give Luna to my -Atk Jakob, so he has a shot in hell of damaging opponents with a competent Def stat.  I'd aim for anyone with a really low Atk stat that doesn't shine with Bonfire/Iceberg.  Practically speaking, Wings of Mercy/Fortify Defense works for inheritance.

3. Who's on your current team?

16 minutes ago, eclipse said:

3. Who's on your current team?

Before, it was Sharena / Reinhardt / Lilina / Soren+1. Now, I tentatively replaced Sharena with a 4⋆ −Atk Shanna so that I actually got some points.

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Before, it was Sharena / Reinhardt / Lilina / Soren+1. Now, I tentatively replaced Sharena with a 4⋆ −Atk Shanna so that I actually got some points.

Xander - Reinhardt's aura will be helpful, and he can act as physical bait.

I'm now sitting on 80,000 feathers, and I decided I want to promote some units. The thing is, I want to either promote the Askran trio and one other, or promote 4 other units (much as I know Sharena's the best of the trio, I have plenty of 5* blues).

So, who should I promote?

Spoiler

The level 40 units:

Navarre, Selena (+Spd/-Def), Draug (+Spd/-Att (Yep, raised this idiot as part of an armoured squadron)), Zephiel, Wendy (Neutral), Cherche (+HP/-Res), F!Robin, Lissa (+Att/-Spd), Clarine (+Att/-Res)

And a bunch of other options at least level 30 (I'd be grinding them to 40, but still):

Ursula (39), Felicia (39) (+Att/-Spd), Frederick (39) (+HP/-Def), Alfonse (39), Stahl (39) (+Att/-Spd), Sharena (39), Anna (38), Est (37) (+Res/-Spd), Camilla (37) (+Att/-HP), Caeda (37) (+Res/-Spd), Xander (34), Fae (33) (+Att/-Def), Oboro (33) (+Def/-HP), Setsuna (32) (+Res/-Spd), Roy (32) (+Spd/-HP), Donnel (31) (+Att/-Def), Hawkeye (31) (+Att/-Res), Niles (31) (+Spd/-Att), Sophia (31) (+Att/Spd), Henry (30) (+Att/-Res), A!Tiki (30) (+HP/-Spd), Raigh (30) (Neutral), Virion (30) (+Att/-Def), Lachesis (30) (+Spd/-Att), Gunter (30) (+HP/-Res), Eliwood (30) (+Spd/-Def), Arthur (30) (+Att/-Res), Lilina (30) (+Def/-Res), Maria (30) (Neutral), M!Corrin (30) (+Spd/-Att), Odin (30) (+Spd/-Def), Barst (30) (+Spd/-Att)

Also: Marth (23) (+HP/-Spd), Saizo (22) (+Def/-HP), Kagero (<20) (+Res/-HP), Lon'qu (< 20) (+Att/-HP)

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Xander - Reinhardt's aura will be helpful, and he can act as physical bait.

I could also give Xander Eliwood’s Ward Cavalry if he and Reinhardt are going to hang around together. Shall I? If only I had some QR fodder.
Is keeping Lilina and Soren on the team fine then, or does one of them have to go?

18 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'm now sitting on 80,000 feathers, and I decided I want to promote some units. The thing is, I want to either promote the Askran trio and one other, or promote 4 other units (much as I know Sharena's the best of the trio, I have plenty of 5* blues).

Reveal hidden contents

The level 40 units:

Navarre, Selena (+Spd/-Def), Draug (+Spd/-Att (Yep, raised this idiot as part of an armoured squadron)), Zephiel, Wendy (Neutral), Cherche (+HP/-Res), F!Robin, Lissa (+Att/-Spd), Clarine (+Att/-Res)

And a bunch of other options at least level 30 (I'd be grinding them to 40, but still):

Ursula (39), Felicia (39) (+Att/-Spd), Frederick (39) (+HP/-Def), Alfonse (39), Stahl (39) (+Att/-Spd), Sharena (39), Anna (38), Est (37) (+Res/-Spd), Camilla (37) (+Att/-HP), Caeda (37) (+Res/-Spd), Xander (34), Fae (33) (+Att/-Def), Oboro (33) (+Def/-HP), Setsuna (32) (+Res/-Spd), Roy (32) (+Spd/-HP), Donnel (31) (+Att/-Def), Hawkeye (31) (+Att/-Res), Niles (31) (+Spd/-Att), Sophia (31) (+Att/Spd), Henry (30) (+Att/-Res), A!Tiki (30) (+HP/-Spd), Raigh (30) (Neutral), Virion (30) (+Att/-Def), Lachesis (30) (+Spd/-Att), Gunter (30) (+HP/-Res), Eliwood (30) (+Spd/-Def), Arthur (30) (+Att/-Res), Lilina (30) (+Def/-Res), Maria (30) (Neutral), M!Corrin (30) (+Spd/-Att), Odin (30) (+Spd/-Def), Barst (30) (+Spd/-Att)

Also: Marth (23) (+HP/-Spd), Saizo (22) (+Def/-HP), Kagero (<20) (+Res/-HP), Lon'qu (< 20) (+Att/-HP)

The Askr 3 are actually all around the same level. Sharena benefits from the huge amount of reds, so her numbers look better in calculators, but they're all pretty good at smacking their advantage colors around. Alfonse one-punches people without 62 physical bulk (which is a significant portion of the cast, even vs. blues it's 50 damage, which can 1HKO the glassier cannons). Sharena has a good speed tier in 32, meaning she rarely gets doubled, and has passable bulk to support that. That said, she suffers from Spd inflation---her speed becomes less and less good over time as people run more Fury, L&D, and +Spd boons. She can't get any more speed than she does already because she has Speed +3 as a default skill, so the only way to go higher is L&D, which has its own issues. Anna is green Lon'qu, 29 Atk is unfortunate, but her huge speed means she's never doubled, and TA-3 makes her a good Rein-lure. (She can't counter-kill, but it's often enough to just get Rein out of position.)

Basically, all 3 cover their advantage color pretty nicely, and can win the weaker same-color matchups. (Greens have huge issues surviving Alfonse, and those that do have to fight through his 32 Def to do damage---magical people don't survive Alfonse. Sharena doesn't have the same bulk or offenses, but her speed tier and 'good enough' bulk means that she can win duels pretty consistently. Anna might want TA-3 so that she can lure the stronger mages and chop lances into dead pieces, but even without it she can abuse Vantage to initiate, win the fight due to Vantage allowing 3 hits for 1, and then gtfo with her Axe). This means that they can all be subbed out for a red/blue/green unit without much issues.

Your Virion with a Brave Bow+ and DB 3 or L&D would destroy things, incidentally. (He has the same Atk as my Klein, and better spd due to my Klein's bane, and Klein is a pretty consistent part of my rooster.)

Edited by DehNutCase

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Is there any reason to run Drag Back over Hit and Run or vice versa?

On fliers, Hit and Run works in situations where Draw Back wouldn't. Also, Hit and Run can free the square with the maximum amount of stacked Goad Fliers, allowing you to use it with two units. If you need a second unit to finish off a foe chipped by a first unit, Hit and Run may sometimes be be the better option.

That said, I'm not sure that one skill is demonstrably better than the other one. The most important thing is to remain aware of which skill is used by which unit in order to avoid embarassing mistakes.

19 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Reveal hidden contents

Depends on your current team, and what you need.  Much as I'd like to help, I have no idea what you're missing.

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I could also give Xander Eliwood’s Ward Cavalry if he and Reinhardt are going to hang around together. Shall I? If only I had some QR fodder.
Is keeping Lilina and Soren on the team fine then, or does one of them have to go?

Rein shouldn't be targeted by attacks, so Ward Cavalry's a bit of a waste IMO.  If you had to give Xander any C-skill, I'd do Hone Cavalry.  Since Lilina has Bowbreaker, she can take care of those, while Xander baits everything that isn't blue.  Soren's fine as he is (as long as he can take out opposing Reinhardts).

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Rein shouldn't be targeted by attacks, so Ward Cavalry's a bit of a waste IMO.  If you had to give Xander any C-skill, I'd do Hone Cavalry.  Since Lilina has Bowbreaker, she can take care of those, while Xander baits everything that isn't blue.  Soren's fine as he is (as long as he can take out opposing Reinhardts).

Hone Cavalry is Gunter’s, right? I do have some spare Gunters!

I’m a bit wary of running two reds but will sure give it a try. I mean, I used to run two reds in the beginning, and it worked pretty well.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

Depends on your current team, and what you need.  Much as I'd like to help, I have no idea what you're missing.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

The 5-star I have are M!Robin (+Att/-Res), Sprincina (+Res/-HP), Hector (Neutral), Eirika (+Def/-Spd), Hinoka (+Res/-Att),  .... Peri (+Att/-Spd) and 2 Azuras. So I have plenty of Blues.

Also, I'd tend to run an arena team of M!Robin, Clarine, Selena and Cherche. 

Edited by Dayni

17 hours ago, salinea said:

- So Roy is a bonus character at the arena this season, and I happen to have a 5* Roy (+Res/-HP) so now I'm considering how to use him again. At one point I had some plans of giving him Nooday, +Def and Threaten Speed for tank-who-debuffs kind of build; but the more I thought about it, the less it seemed any good so I didn't do anything in the end. Does anyone have suggestion of a good build for Roy?

Nobody?

@salinea

Roy is a sword user with a balanced stat spread, including an above-average resistance, who also directly counters greens via Triangle Adept. Work from there.

Out of Roy's default kit, only his Prf weapon and Triangle Adept stand out. Seal Defense isn't ideal when you want to KO certain enemies in one round, and Shove is somewhat niche. You can expand Roy's role beyond being a simple Hector check with Swordbreaker, since he has below-average speed and gets doubled by more common swords in arena like Lucina otherwise. Iceberg works best as his special; since yours is +Res, it will add 15 more damage to his next attack.

Sample Set

Spoiler

Binding Blade

Triangle Adept 3

Swordbreaker 3

Hone / Spur / Threaten Skill

Reposition / Shove

Iceberg

Hope this helps.

40 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@salinea

Roy is a sword user with a balanced stat spread, including an above-average resistance, who also directly counters greens via Triangle Adept. Work from there.

Out of Roy's default kit, only his Prf weapon and Triangle Adept stand out. Seal Defense isn't ideal when you want to KO certain enemies in one round, and Shove is somewhat niche. You can expand Roy's role beyond being a simple Hector check with Swordbreaker, since he has below-average speed and gets doubled by more common swords in arena like Lucina otherwise. Iceberg works best as his special; since yours is +Res, it will add 15 more damage to his next attack.

Sample Set

Hide contents

Binding Blade

Triangle Adept 3

Swordbreaker 3

Hone / Spur / Threaten Skill

Reposition / Shove

Iceberg

Hope this helps.

Thanks, it does!

Does anyone here have a really good team that nets a lot of Defense wins? I do really well on Offense, but I can't get any Defense wins recently. I didn't get any last season using Nino/Olwen/Olivia/Zephiel (most of the time; I tried rearranging the team a bit each day). Now I'm using Nino/Olwen/Olivia/Roy (so far), and still none. I was told to put WOM on Olivia; I did that, and it didn't help. I also tried color stacking last season, and that didn't help.

Anyone mind sharing secrets to their success? This aspect of the game is stressing me out because it feels like it's totally out of my control.

Edited by Volo

Which character art pose do they use for the portrait in most cases?  I thought Lloyd would always use his default stance as his portrait but it appears as though in the GHB the use his attaching (awful) pose.  He was tolerable when I thought I'd never have to see his attacking pose...

So may be abit of a long winded message here, but after the recent gauntlet I've gotten enough feathers together that I can promote a unit to 5*, and I'm wondering what is the best value I can get, my options are promote a unit that could be great as a 5* to increase my pool of overall 5* or promote a unit to 5* to sacrifice or a particular skill on one of my other units (prob. one of the 5* I managed to pull) 

However I'm going to be awkward about the  sacrificing of units because I'd really like to have atleast 1 of each unit (never know when itl come in handy XD lol) so I'l post up images of all my units (rather than list the boon/bane of each - if I have any units of particular interest/promise just ask and I'l post the boon/bane)

So could you have a look at my units and see if you think I would benefit more from giving someone a skill as opposed or promoting a unit to a 5*

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

- thanks in advance, Marcodian.

Edited by Marcodian_Elite
Delete uploads

3 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

So may be abit of a long winded message here, but after the recent gauntlet I've gotten enough feathers together that I can promote a unit to 5*, and I'm wondering what is the best value I can get, my options are promote a unit that could be great as a 5* to increase my pool of overall 5* or promote a unit to 5* to sacrifice or a particular skill on one of my other units (prob. one of the 5* I managed to pull) 

However I'm going to be awkward about the  sacrificing of units because I'd really like to have atleast 1 of each unit (never know when itl come in handy XD lol) so I'l post up images of all my units (rather than list the boon/bane of each - if I have any units of particular interest/promise just ask and I'l post the boon/bane)

So could you have a look at my units and see if you think I would benefit more from giving someone a skill as opposed or promoting a unit to a 5*

<snip>

- thanks in advance, Marcodian.

You could enter the current Reinhardt meta.  I think Reinhardt > Takumi right now.  This would help you place higher in the arena if you're having trouble winning 7 in a row which would give you more feathers which means more promotes.

The only 5*s I am familiar with that you have, don't really benefit much from skill inheritance.  Then again, I only really know about Ephraim and Corrin.  Not saying skill inheritance won't help, but it won't make a huge difference.  If feathers are rare for you right now, I wouldn't waste them getting skills like Fury 3 that you can get from some 4* units, even if you don't have them. 

19 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Which character art pose do they use for the portrait in most cases?  I thought Lloyd would always use his default stance as his portrait but it appears as though in the GHB the use his attaching (awful) pose.  He was tolerable when I thought I'd never have to see his attacking pose...

The 5* icons use the neutral portrait while selecting the character brings up their attacking portrait in the top left. Lloyd is no different.

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

The 5* icons use the neutral portrait while selecting the character brings up their attacking portrait in the top left. Lloyd is no different.

Ah thanks, I've actually been wondering for a while.  Most of them are similar, Lloyds attacking is pose is just bad.