"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Is Fae any good?

I'm tempted to throw mine as Renewal fodder for Masked Marth, as she is +Hp/-Atk. I'm only holding back because she is 5* and I'm not using Marthcina much.
But if she's not good (with those IVs, I can see her being pretty weak), I may go for it.

2 minutes ago, Lushen said:

@Ice Dragon has a max HM one.  I was actually going to ask him about it as well, because I noticed it was being used more than his Tiki, which I found surprising.  Then again, I don't know much about the dragons.

Ignoring the new Cancel Affinity skill, Fae is pretty useful as a tanky Distant Counter Triangle Adept (or Fury) green unit (46 base HP and 30 Res is really good), but she really wants neutral or positive Atk because of Lightning Breath+'s low base Atk.

If you're running Ninian, all the better because Fortify Dragons boosts Fae's defenses to an impressive 46/31/36. With her low Spd, she's definitely an enemy phase unit, though, if you're into that play style.

The main reason she's maxed Hero Merit is because she was part of my Tempest Trials team last time around.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that nature seems really bad. I guess with all the stuff I'm already wanting to do with some units, I'll let Fae pass her Renewal to Masked Marth. Otherwise I'd have 2 units needing investment. 

2 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Yeah, that nature seems really bad. I guess with all the stuff I'm already wanting to do with some units, I'll let Fae pass her Renewal to Masked Marth. Otherwise I'd have 2 units needing investment. 

Unless you run out of space or really need that Renewal, I would keep it since you can merge it later if you get a better 5* copy. Renewal can be easily gotten from a 4* Fae, so sacrificing a 5* for it seems a bit of a waste.

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Raven tomes do not increase WTA bonus, they enable WTA against colourless. The maximum WTA bonus is ×1.4.

Woops. Got carried away there. Still, 1.4x damage is a lot. Thanks for clearing that up.

As for Fae, what's are suggested natures for her if I want her to tank hits on the enemy phase? Pulled a neutral 4* one a few fays ago and I'm might give her Renewal to Masked Lucina if I pull a good version.

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

Unless you run out of space or really need that Renewal, I would keep it since you can merge it later if you get a better 5* copy. Renewal can be easily gotten from a 4* Fae, so sacrificing a 5* for it seems a bit of a waste.

That sounds reasonable.

My barracks aren't full at all (if I'm not mistaken, 111/200)

10 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Woops. Got carried away there. Still, 1.4x damage is a lot. Thanks for clearing that up.

As for Fae, what's are suggested natures for her if I want her to tank hits on the enemy phase? Pulled a neutral 4* one a few fays ago and I'm might give her Renewal to Masked Lucina if I pull a good version.

My build is more of a landmine than a tank, so you want to run Triangle Adept if you want to specifically tank Blues.

Fae +Atk -Res
Flametongue, Moonbow
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 94:27:25
Enemy Phase (Merge+10) 91:25:30

Fae +Atk -Res
Lightning Breath, Moonbow
Fury, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 89:17:40
Enemy Phase (Merge+10) 79:15:52

The Lightning Breath build is more tanky and much cheaper, but its offensive power decreases significantly the higher the merge levels go. If you have the resources, just grab both since they use the same nature anyways. Neutral is not a bad nature, so you can start investing in and using her right away.

29 minutes ago, XRay said:

My build is more of a landmine than a tank, so you want to run Triangle Adept if you want to specifically tank Blues.

Fae +Atk -Res
Flametongue, Moonbow

Fae +Atk -Res
Fury, Quick Riposte

The Lightning Breath build is more tanky and much cheaper, but its offensive power decreases significantly the higher the merge levels go. If you have the resources, just grab both since they use the same nature anyways. Neutral is not a bad nature, so you can start investing in and using her right away.

Moonbow Pulse Fury 3 reaches 93:15:38 with Fury 3, compared to Hp 3 (best seal in terms of matchups), Flametongue+, Moonbow's 92:22:30, so there's a bit of an advantage there.

The build's spent after the first combat either way, so you might as well go the cheaper Pulse seal build. (Before Pulse I definitely would've advocated the DC, Flametongue combo, though.)

Edit:

Then again, Luna, Pulse, Flametongue, DC, reaches 99:25:22. So that's a fairly obvious transition if DC & Flametongue is already present.

Edited by DehNutCase

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

Fae +Atk -Res
Flametongue, Moonbow

Fae +Atk -Res
Fury, Quick Riposte

@tobuShogi

I use Fae [+Atk, -Def] (Lightning Breath+, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, S Speed +1) as my tank build.

Triangle Adept gives her both the bulk to survive multiple rounds of combat against blue opponents and also makes up for Lightning Breath+'s lower damage output. Quick Riposte is an absolute must due to her low Spd and enemy phase focus.

Reciprocal Aid, Aether, and Fortify Dragons are flexible.

Reciprocal Aid lets her pass her massive HP pool to someone else after she is done tanking what she needs to tank since she probably won't be taking much damage as long as she has weapon triangle advantage. Draw Back or Reposition also work if that's your cup of tea.

As long as you fight at weapon triangle advantage or even neutral weapon triangle, you probably won't really need your special skill. I have Aether for arena points.

The C skill obviously depends on your team. Fae is typically paired with Ninian, and Fortify Dragons works best for that pairing.

S Speed +1 is there mostly to prevent being double attacked by Julia. Because Fae can actually tank a hit from Julia.

So I just rolled a +SPD -ATK swimsuit Tiki and I'm at a loss as to how to build her, especially considering that I already have a 5* Raven with a relatively harmless nature (+RES -DEF). Does anyone have any recommendations, either for building her or for units that might like a melon? I'll probably give her Bonfire or Ignis if I decide not to let someone eat her melon, but other than that I quite honestly have no idea what to do with her.

1 hour ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I heard Sonya is good,but is she any better than Nino?if not,I'm keeping my orbs. 

Assuming the wiki page to be correct, she has the same attack as Nino, but less speed and def, and more res and hp. This means she won't be as good as Nino is at being a nuke, but she would be better at counter killing blue and green mages (although Julia is probably still better at that).

She's good, but I don't think she's as min-maxed as the other top tier green mages are. Pretty sure Nino won't be losing her spot.

18 minutes ago, Thienphu said:

Hey, i got a summer gaius (naturel IVs) should i use him? I also got a quadumi (+spd/-res) so im not sure if i should use him.

Neutral S!Gaius has 1 more point of speed in exchange for 2 less points of attack compared to +SPD Takumi, so I'd say probably not worth it, especially not for a brave/quad build. S!Gaius does have high RES going for him though, so you can consider building him if you find yourself in need of an archer who won't roll over the moment a mage breathes on him.

39 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

So similarly.... is Delthea better than Linde?

36/34 is damn good in terms of offenses, and Dark Aura is a hell of a tome. Definitely the better unit before investment considering how min-maxed her skills and spread is.

With -blade, they both perform similarly, though, so you can probably just pick whoever has the better IV combo, or whoever you like more. (I'm going to keep her vanilla because I'm a lazy ass and because +9 Atk is a hell of a drug.)

24 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

36/34 is damn good in terms of offenses, and Dark Aura is a hell of a tome. Definitely the better unit before investment considering how min-maxed her skills and spread is.

With -blade, they both perform similarly, though, so you can probably just pick whoever has the better IV combo, or whoever you like more. (I'm going to keep her vanilla because I'm a lazy ass and because +9 Atk is a hell of a drug.)

Ditto. Linde is already heavily invested anyway, and I imagine Delthea can make an alternative as the magical backup to a physical team.

3 hours ago, azurrys said:

So I just rolled a +SPD -ATK swimsuit Tiki and I'm at a loss as to how to build her, especially considering that I already have a 5* Raven with a relatively harmless nature (+RES -DEF). Does anyone have any recommendations, either for building her or for units that might like a melon? I'll probably give her Bonfire or Ignis if I decide not to let someone eat her melon, but other than that I quite honestly have no idea what to do with her.

For Player Phase build, just build her like you would build Raven or any Player Phase unit. [Brave, Luna, Life and Death, Breaker] is the standard skill set for most units. Luna can be replaced by other specials depending on the unit. If the unit is really slow, then it should run Death Blow instead of Life and Death. Breaker can be replaced by Desperation if the unit is fast.

I would not use her as an Enemy Phase unit since she got an Attack bane. Any Enemy Phase axe unit would appreciate her Melon Crusher. You can give Hector Quick Riposte and Melon Crusher and he will perform better, although that would be a waste of his Armads.

2 hours ago, Thienphu said:

Hey, i got a summer gaius (naturel IVs) should i use him? I also got a quadumi (+spd/-res) so im not sure if i should use him.

You can test Gaius in the calculator. Neutral nature is not bad, so he can be your backup archer.

So I have a dilemma as I have 60k feathers and not sure what to do. 

I have

Kagero,

Nowi,

Effie,

Legion (or Camille) 

and a Blue Tome Robin

All that I feel I need to upgrade to 5* as I don't have a Blue dragon, an axe user, a blue tome user, or a good colorless ally outside of Takumi. These all feel like needs to me and these characters feel like the best in those respective areas. 

However, to obtain a lot of skills I also need to raise characters to 5* to get access to things like level 3 vanatage, life and death, desperation, etc. 

Should I focus on getting skills for my current 5* roster? Or should I focus on getting a good roster of 5* units and THEN worry about skills. I have fully upgraded a couple of units with skills already and my current "team" so to speak is listed below - 

Nino - fury/desperations/Moonbow

Tiki Adult - Lightning Breath/Breath of Life/Armored Blow/Reposition/Growing Flame

Olivia - She is only 4* with no inherited skills as I use her primarily for double turns. 

Eirika - Drag back, Hone speed, and Spur def seal

Ephraim - Moonbow, Triangle Adept, Lancebreaker, Threaten Def, Speed seal

Lucina - No inherited skills but maxed

Ike - Only skill he currently has is Vantage 3.

Marth - Maxed, no inherited Skills

Tharja - Maxed, no inherited skills

Takumi - Vantage

Other 5* I don't think have much value - Easter Camille, Seaside Robin, Summering Tiki, Boey x2, Lucius, Celica (red tome), Eliwood, Alm, Catria and all the special event units. 

1 hour ago, XRay said:

For Player Phase build, just build her like you would build Raven or any Player Phase unit. [Brave, Luna, Life and Death, Breaker] is the standard skill set for most units. Luna can be replaced by other specials depending on the unit. If the unit is really slow, then it should run Death Blow instead of Life and Death. Breaker can be replaced by Desperation if the unit is fast.

I would not use her as an Enemy Phase unit since she got an Attack bane. Any Enemy Phase axe unit would appreciate her Melon Crusher. You can give Hector Quick Riposte and Melon Crusher and he will perform better, although that would be a waste of his Armads.

Thank you for the help! I was wondering if there was any decent build for her with the melon, since she'll be outperformed by my Raven as a Brave user and I don't think I need two Brave Axe infantry units. I don't have Hector, but I might look through my axes later and see if any of my other units would like the melon, though I'll likely keep her around for a while for the bikini just in case.

31 minutes ago, Jman1115 said:

snip

I personally think it's better to focus on rounding out your roster before upgrading to 5* for skills. You can make do with level 2 of most skills by inheriting them from a 4* that has 2 levels unlocked; and for skills that aren't LaD, you can wait and see if you summon a character that will have the full skill tree unlocked at 4* (Lon'qu for Vantage, Shanna for Desperation, etc.). I'd only really upgrade a character to 5* to inherit their weapon, though you could make a case for LaD3 if there's a really important matchup where you need it to win. But personally I'm just waiting for the devs to release a character who will have LaD3 inheritable at 4* lol.

Your current roster is very red-heavy so your promotion choices look pretty on-point. I'd prioritise blue magic damage (either Nowi or Robin, probably Nowi) and an axe user (I like Legion a bit better since Camilla's stat spread is too balanced for her to really stand out, but if you want to build Flier Emblem definitely go for Camilla).

Also, of your extra 5*s, Easter Camilla is actually a fantastic green with Gronnraven and TA (being immune to even archers), and Celica is a nice backup red mage for the chain map modes. I can't speak for the others, but those two have definitely contributed for me although I also have other green/red mages. They make for good side projects.

Edit: Thought I should mention that for Flier Emblem, Easter Camilla is better off with Gronnblade to take advantage of the ridiculous flier buffs. But since that requires Hinoka and Caeda, I think Gronnraven is better if you want to build her as a standalone unit or in a team without the buffs.

Edited by azurrys

8 minutes ago, Jman1115 said:

So I have a dilemma as I have 60k feathers and not sure what to do. 

I have

Kagero,

Nowi,

Effie,

Legion (or Camille) 

and a Blue Tome Robin

All that I feel I need to upgrade to 5* as I don't have a Blue dragon, an axe user, a blue tome user, or a good colorless ally outside of Takumi. These all feel like needs to me and these characters feel like the best in those respective areas. 

Most of the units you mention are pretty good in their respective color, but I don't really see why you would need another colorless ally or a blue dragon. Nowi and Kagero aren't bad units of course, but promoting them for the reason you mentioned seems like a waste.

M!Robin might also not be that great for filling your slot of a blue mage. He's mostly good at tanking damage and pretty much needs triangle advantage to deal good damage. He's still better then Odin and Ursula outside horse emblem though, so if those are your only options for blue mages, you might still want to go with him

However, to obtain a lot of skills I also need to raise characters to 5* to get access to things like level 3 vanatage, life and death, desperation, etc. 

Should I focus on getting skills for my current 5* roster? Or should I focus on getting a good roster of 5* units and THEN worry about skills. I have fully upgraded a couple of units with skills already and my current "team" so to speak is listed below -

If I were you, I'd focus on getting a good roster first. A lot of units a still pretty good without SI, and with a varied roster you can generally handle most maps anyway. I should also mention that Vantage and Desperation can be inherited from 4* units (Lon'que and Shanna respectively), so you don't need to sacrifice a 5* unit for them (unless you're really unlucky with pulling them).

Nino - fury/desperations/Moonbow

Tiki Adult - Lightning Breath/Breath of Life/Armored Blow/Reposition/Growing Flame

Olivia - She is only 4* with no inherited skills as I use her primarily for double turns. 

Eirika - Drag back, Hone speed, and Spur def seal

Ephraim - Moonbow, Triangle Adept, Lancebreaker, Threaten Def, Speed seal

Lucina - No inherited skills but maxed

Ike - Only skill he currently has is Vantage 3.

Marth - Maxed, no inherited Skills

Tharja - Maxed, no inherited skills

Takumi - Vantage

Other 5* I don't think have much value - Easter Camille, Seaside Robin, Summering Tiki, Boey x2, Lucius, Celica (red tome), Eliwood, Alm, Catria and all the special event units.

Eastern Camilla is actually very good on a flying team (she's the whole reason they can work), although she would need 3 other fliers, flier buffs and some inheritance to work. Celica is very good unit. Her offensive spread is very similar to Tharja's, and her personal tome is pretty ridiculous. I'm not sure who you mean with special event units, but if it means the seasonal units, Bride!Cordelia is the best archer in the whole game at the moment.

In short, I'd promote Legion in your case, since he's a great axe unit and you don't seem to have any physical green units (although Nino can generally break through evrything anyway). Apart from that, pick a good blue mage (maybe Robin), and the final pick can either be a unit you like to use, or you can just use those feathers to promote a unit for SI (but first look whether there is a unit that can learn it at 4*).

6 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Most of the units you mention are pretty good in their respective color, but I don't really see why you would need another colorless ally or a blue dragon. Nowi and Kagero aren't bad units of course, but promoting them for the reason you mentioned seems like a waste.

M!Robin might also not be that great for filling your slot of a blue mage. He's mostly good at tanking damage and pretty much needs triangle advantage to deal good damage. He's still better then Odin and Ursula outside horse emblem though, so if those are your only options for blue mages, you might still want to go with him

If I were you, I'd focus on getting a good roster first. A lot of units a still pretty good without SI, and with a varied roster you can generally handle most maps anyway. I should also mention that Vantage and Desperation can be inherited from 4* units (Lon'que and Shanna respectively), so you don't need to sacrifice a 5* unit for them (unless you're really unlucky with pulling them).

Eastern Camilla is actually very good on a flying team (she's the whole reason they can work), although she would need 3 other fliers, flier buffs and some inheritance to work. Celica is very good unit. Her offensive spread is very similar to Tharja's, and her personal tome is pretty ridiculous. I'm not sure who you mean with special event units, but if it means the seasonal units, Bride!Cordelia is the best archer in the whole game at the moment.

In short, I'd promote Legion in your case, since he's a great axe unit and you don't seem to have any physical green units (although Nino can generally break through evrything anyway). Apart from that, pick a good blue mage (maybe Robin), and the final pick can either be a unit you like to use, or you can just use those feathers to promote a unit for SI (but first look whether there is a unit that can learn it at 4*).

Odin and Ursula are the only blue mages I have other than Robin. Sadly I pulled for the blue mage on this banner and got the blue spear user instead :(

I saw on the inheritance wiki that Cherche is ranked high? Should I level Legion or her? Green axe is a definite gap as well as blue tome. I also put Effie on my list because she is ranked S+ on the inheritance tier list but I have an Ephraim so it probably isn't high priority. 

Oh and special event units, I mean the ones you get from teh "special" battles. Not from summoning. 

Kageor I was thinking of because I have found even at 4* she is more useful than Takumi personally but this is just from a few games of usage. End of the day I feel I really need a good blue tome and an axe user user but I don't have much for options in the blue tome realm. 

Edited by Jman1115

1 minute ago, Jman1115 said:

Odin and Ursula are the only blue mages I have other than Robin. Sadly I pulled for the blue mage on this banner and got the blue spear user instead :(

I saw on the inheritance wiki that Cherche is ranked high? Should I level Legion or her? Green axe is a definite gap as well as blue tome. I also put Effie on my list because she is ranked S+ on the inheritance tier list but I have an Ephraim so it probably isn't high priority. 

Kageor I was thinking of because I have found even at 4* she is more useful than Takumi personally but this is just from a few games of usage. End of the day I feel I really need a good blue tome and an axe user user but I don't have much for options in the blue tome realm. 

Robin is fine if those are your only options (unless you're building a horse team, but I'm going to guess you're not). If he's mostly used to deal with red and colorless units, he can do fine, especially if you give him Triangle Adept. I was more trying to point out that he's not as good as people thought him to be at the start of the game.

Cherche can be a very good unit, but she needs a Brave Axe to be considered better then Legion. You should always take tier lists with a grain of salt. I personally don't agree with Effie being an S+ unit, although she's certainly decent enough to promote.

What I was mostly trying to say before is that Kagero doesn't need to be a priority to promote. As you said yourself, you should first focus on getting a good blue mage and an axe user. If you have feathers left after that, Kagero and Effie are good choices to spend them on.