"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

4 hours ago, red-and-soulless said:

It would be kinda nice to see that top row of yours, just so we know what you're working with atm :P

Based on what is shown, Adult Tiki might be a decent choice, given the rest of your 5 star options, but I would honestly wait if I were you.

Welp, my b. lol.

Characters that are missing in that picture are 4* Sharena, 5* Lyn, 5* Chrom, and 5* Marth.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've been trying to make a calvary team 2nd account for a while  now.  Finally (last day) I got a roll of Olwen, Reinhardt, and Eldigan.  Unfortunately, I cannot get Leo anymore :(

On my other 2nd account that I made, I have Leo, Reinhardt, and might be able to get Ursla tonight (probably not on the first account). 

Which account is going to be better?  I'm thinking the only good horse for arena right now is Eldigan because he has good stats and with this skill inherit Olwen and Reinhardt will be food for other horse mages with better stats latter on.  And as much as I love Leo, he's not actually that good.  The other benefit is on the Eldigan account I have only spend like 20-30 orbs as opposed to almost all my freebies on the other one...

So basically, Leo or Olwen & Eldigan?

Edited by Lushen

39 minutes ago, Reloaded said:

Welp, my b. lol.

Characters that are missing in that picture are 4* Sharena, 5* Lyn, 5* Chrom, and 5* Marth.

Oh yeah, you're more than covered when it comes to Reds then... With that in mind, none of your 4 stars really jump out as needing the upgrade (Fensalir on Sharena and Seal Attack 3 on Catria are the nicest 5* exclusive goodies), and it seems like you have a fairly balanced set of 5 stars as is, so I would suggest saving your feathers.  

I would probably go with one of the manaketes or Sharena if you are really itching to upgrade someone, but I think you are fine as is.

Edited by red-and-soulless

1 hour ago, red-and-soulless said:

Oh yeah, you're more than covered when it comes to Reds then... With that in mind, none of your 4 stars really jump out as needing the upgrade (Fensalir on Sharena and Seal Attack 3 on Catria are the nicest 5* exclusive goodies), and it seems like you have a fairly balanced set of 5 stars as is, so I would suggest saving your feathers.  

I would probably go with one of the manaketes or Sharena if you are really itching to upgrade someone, but I think you are fine as is.

Yeah, I've thought of upgrading Sharena, but ehhhhhhh...... Will probably keep the feathers in case I get something I REALLY want to upgrade from tomorrow's banner.

9 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Okay so after the Ursula business and my last batch of pulls I have a pretty good crop of cavalry units at my disposal. My question is, what is/are my best team composition options?

My calvary units include Leo 5*, Abel 5*, Ursula 4*, Eliwood 4*, Cecilia 3*+1, and Gunter 1*&2*. I've heard Gunter is good as far as Goad Cavalry goes, so how high would I want to upgrade him if using him? Would 3* suffice or should I be going for 4? (chances are I won't want to prioritize him over other units I like better but I'll entertain the idea if it's well-advised enough) Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I also have a 4* Olivia; if there are any other good non-cavalry utility units feel free to suggest those as well

Bump =3=

8 hours ago, Reloaded said:

Got 20k feathers again, any advice on who to 5*? Or should I wait for who I get in the next banner and save feathers for any potentially new 4*? 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20170313-140211.png

(yes my roster is very small lol)

Edit: I just realized sharena isn't in the roster thing itself. Whoops. She's a 4* right now.

Honestly if you don't have any favorites you want to get up there I'd say Sharena. She's strong and her utility is really useful, and none of the others stand out as being particularly exceptional or giving you anything that isn't handled by your other 5*s. 

Holding onto them is probably the best idea right now, though. 

2 hours ago, Lushen said:

Eldigan IMO. He's really strong. Leo is decent, but not as strong as Eldigan IIRC. 

It sounds like you like Leo a lot though so if that's the case, I'd recommend playing with your favorites. That's what made the experience better for me personally, anyway. 

Edited by BANRYU

2 hours ago, Lushen said:

So I've been trying to make a calvary team 2nd account for a while  now.  Finally (last day) I got a roll of Olwen, Reinhardt, and Eldigan.  Unfortunately, I cannot get Leo anymore :(

On my other 2nd account that I made, I have Leo, Reinhardt, and might be able to get Ursla tonight (probably not on the first account). 

Which account is going to be better?  I'm thinking the only good horse for arena right now is Eldigan because he has good stats and with this skill inherit Olwen and Reinhardt will be food for other horse mages with better stats latter on.  And as much as I love Leo, he's not actually that good.  The other benefit is on the Eldigan account I have only spend like 20-30 orbs as opposed to almost all my freebies on the other one...

You can get Gunter from the heroes battle. Knowing that, I'd choose Eldigan since a team consisting of Leo, Reinhardt, Ursula, Gunter is too opined on magic damage. You're gonna have a bad time with them, especially if you're fighting fliers or when being attacked by physical units. Olwen, Reinhardt, Eldigan, and Gunter however should make a good cavalry team.

EDIT: BANRRRRYUUUUUU!

9 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Okay so after the Ursula business and my last batch of pulls I have a pretty good crop of cavalry units at my disposal. My question is, what is/are my best team composition options?

My calvary units include Leo 5*, Abel 5*, Ursula 4*, Eliwood 4*, Cecilia 3*+1, and Gunter 1*&2*. I've heard Gunter is good as far as Goad Cavalry goes, so how high would I want to upgrade him if using him? Would 3* suffice or should I be going for 4? (chances are I won't want to prioritize him over other units I like better but I'll entertain the idea if it's well-advised enough) Thanks in advance.

It's Hone Cavalry btw. You need to get him to 4* to unlock that skill. It's a really awesome skill, if I must say so myself.

4* Olivia is already great, imo. I level rushed Ursula with Olivia and Gunter's help.

Edited by pianime94

6 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Eldigan IMO. He's really strong. Leo is decent, but not as strong as Eldigan IIRC. 

It sounds like you like Leo a lot though so if that's the case, I'd recommend playing with your favorites. That's what made the experience better for me personally, anyway. 

Yea hah.  Funny thing is I never played Fates or Awakening (don't own a 3DS yet).  I just got attached to him because when I originally started making a horse account he was the only good Calvary unit.  I grinded for him for like a week straight and finally got him.  However, he's really no where near Reinhardt and Owen.  Though he is a red tome. 

3 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

You can get Gunter from the heroes battle. Knowing that, I'd choose Eldigan since a team consisting of Leo, Reinhardt, Ursula, Gunter is too opined on magic damage. You're gonna have a bad time with them, especially if you're fighting fliers or when being attacked by physical units. Olwen, Reinhardt, Eldigan, and Gunter however should make a good cavalry team.

EDIT: BANRRRRYUUUUUU!

Yea, I was leaning towards this team. Eldigan is MUCH more useful in arena due to his high stats.  Still don't have Gunter but yea shouldn't be too hard to get him.  In fact, I could see myself +10ing him if they ever make feathers easier to get.

And my experience with a cavalry team is limited.  However, I've quickly learned what a pain fliers can be.  Really need to replace Eliwood since I can't fight blue fliers (although Eldigan can kill them anyways with a little help because he's just OP).

Reinhardt is probably worth keeping but Owen might just be food for another horse tome user.  She does like no damage despite that being her role.  She's got great skills, but still no good.

Rolled a -atk+spd Effie today :(

I mean, I really wanted her, but getting the worst possible IV on her made me want to throw my phone 

Sigh

Anyways, thinking about replacing Elise on my team, turning my team into something like: Eirika/Gunter/Effie/Sanaki

At what point in the game am I going to want to kill myself over the lost attack stat?

What should my main team consist of? I'm thinking that Ephraim, Lucina, Robin, and Azura are the best combination, but I'm still not really sure. Seliph is the only one of my 5-star units that lags behind due to his garbage speed.

IMG_1135.PNG

26 minutes ago, Argly902 said:

At what point in the game am I going to want to kill myself over the lost attack stat?

Immediately. Too many people won't be damaged much by her even with Gunter buffs IMO, and her middling speed won't get her all that far unless dealing with chumps

33 minutes ago, Argly902 said:

Never.  Rolling a character you want with a bad IV is approximately 1000x better than not rolling one with them. 

And in truth, with the current meta IVs don't really matter.  They're nice and all but the fact is this unit is going to be good/bad against that unit and that's just it - a game of counters.  You might say "well with this IV my unit can kill this where it otherwise can't".  True, but what if that unit is against a +1/+2 version of that character with it's IVs in what it wants?  I don't even check my IVs TBH.

Edited by Lushen

tbh I was hoping Eirika/Sanaki with her insane buffs would help the problem. I guess not.

Might be worthy of mention I'm a filthy casual F2P, so I'm not even going to scrape the top of arena or anything. I am looking to get high enough so I can actually get feathers for upgrades and beat some high end content. 

P&D doesn't give me this stupid RNG on top of RNG bullshit gdi

Edited by Argly902

Thoughts on Effie with +Atk/-Spd? 

And I'm currently sitting at 12k feathers and it won't be long until I reach 20k again. I'm thinking of promoting Effie once I train her up to lv 20, but I also have +Atk/-Def MRobin and +Def/-Res Nino. In terms of other green and blue units I have 5* Sharena, 5* Merric, and 5* Julia. Any advice?

2 hours ago, luigiguy78 said:

What should my main team consist of? I'm thinking that Ephraim, Lucina, Robin, and Azura are the best combination, but I'm still not really sure. Seliph is the only one of my 5-star units that lags behind due to his garbage speed.

IMG_1135.PNG

Wrong topic.  This goes in the General Discussion thread.

16 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

Thoughts on Effie with +Atk/-Spd? 

And I'm currently sitting at 12k feathers and it won't be long until I reach 20k again. I'm thinking of promoting Effie once I train her up to lv 20, but I also have +Atk/-Def MRobin and +Def/-Res Nino. In terms of other green and blue units I have 5* Sharena, 5* Merric, and 5* Julia. Any advice?

Such Effie is great. She doesn't care much about speed due to Wary Fighter, and hitting harder is her specialty.

6 minutes ago, Argly902 said:

Apparently that's the best one. 

Better watch your back from now on

yep gonna go kms for real now brb

Except that yours isn't the worst boon/bane combo - it's +Spd/-Res IMO.  Since the preferred way to get rid of Effie is via magic, -Res means that she'll get out of Wary Fighter range faster (as in, F!Robin can drop over half her health in one hit with -Res).  Nor is +Atk/-Spd the best - it's +HP or Res/-Spd (Linde can't deactivate Wary Fighter in one hit without +Atk or a buff).

3 minutes ago, SaMaster14 said:

Thoughts on the best cavalry and flying units in general?

Cavalry - Reinhardt is a player-phase nuke.  Abel's also pretty damn good.  Gunter is amazing on a pure cavalry team.  Eldigan's great for smacking things around, though do mind his health/positioning.

Flying - Cordelia/Camilla have strong cases for themselves, due to Brave weapons.

35 minutes ago, SaMaster14 said:

Thoughts on the best cavalry and flying units in general?

I agree with eclipse that Cordelia and Camilla are among the best (in addition to Brave Weapons shenanigans, Galeforce is still terrifying if you can get it to proc in time and Camilla has surprisingly workable bulk in a pinch), but Minerva (an absolutely terrifying nuke) and Catria (probably the best of the "traditional" pegasus knights thanks to Seal Attack and Armored Blow) deserve honorable mention... It's a pity that a certain meta-centralizing threat happens to screw over the entire class in one fell swoop.

5 minutes ago, red-and-soulless said:

I agree with eclipse that Cordelia and Camilla are among the best (in addition to Brave Weapons shenanigans, Galeforce is still terrifying if you can get it to proc in time and Camilla has surprisingly workable bulk in a pinch), but Minerva (an absolutely terrifying nuke) and Catria (probably the best of the "traditional" pegasus knights thanks to Seal Attack and Armored Blow) deserve honorable mention... It's a pity that a certain meta-centralizing threat happens to screw over the entire class in one fell swoop.

And then Michalis will show up with Iote's Shield. 

Alright, looking for some suggestions on who to bump up to 5★ with the 25k feathers I have floating around. Screenshot in spoilers shows all of my 4★/5★ characters.

Spoiler

vC0tWRC.png

Of the 4 stars, some notable units have the following bane/boon. I'd be happy to check others if it matters.

Tharja - +Atk/-Spd, +Def/-Spd
Marth, Sharena, Jeorge - all Neutral
Nino - +HP/-Spd
M!Robin - +Res/-Atk
Fae - +Def/-Atk

If it matters, my main Arena team has been Julia, Young!Tiki, Kagero, and Olivia, though I'll probably replace Olivia with Ninian once she's leveled up. Olivia was one of my original contenders for 5★, but now that I have Ninian that doesn't seem worth it.

Of course, I'm open to new teams as well, which is part of why I'm looking for advice on who to bump anyway.

2 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Ok, why is it I can merge some heroes, but not others? I have 2 different 4 star characters, and I just pulled them again, but I can't merge them to get the + level or anything...like what? This seems to work with some, but not others. 

They're probably favourited units, which you can't merge. Do they have a pink heart over their image? That's the favourite icon. You can unfavourite them buy going to their main profile page (long hold on the character icon) and then tapping the pink heart to turn it off.

Edited by Kirie

Just now, Kirie said:

They're probably favourited units. Do they have a pink heart over their image? You can't merge favourite units. You can unfavourite them buy going to their main profile page (long hold on the character icon) and then tapping the pink heart to turn it off.

Oh my god, they are. That's such a simple fix, I don't know why I didn't think of that haha. Thanks so much. I thought I was going crazy.