"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

11 minutes ago, Kiran said:

What do people use to counter Linde? (Or do I have to bring a green unit) Because I'm sick and tired of getting one-rounded on the stupid lava map. 

I personally use my own Linde, but I would suggest Robin or Felicia. Robin has B Tomebreaker, but she targets Linde's decent Res. Meanwhile, Felicia, meanwhile, has terrific res and target Linde's paper thin defense. 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehh... I might just have to work out my own cav strategy... anyway....

How advisable / efficient is it to just focus on one color of stone? (in my case I was thinking blue for Ninian / Ephraim... wondering if it's worth it to still do 5 at a time for the chance of others like Camilla, Corrin, Lyn etc) There are... a lot of characters I want from most stone colors (I think save colorless), so is it better to keep doing all 5 at once or focus on one color at a time to go for one unit type/color at a time before moving on to another? 

15 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I use Linde to counter Linde. xD

Other than that any melee unit (horses and fliers will get to her easy) will destroy her quick.  She's the ultimate glass cannon take her out quick.

Ugh...so either a blue brave (or a blue with at least 53 atk for those +def linde) user or a green unit

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I personally use my own Linde, but I would suggest Robin or Felicia. Robin has B Tomebreaker, but she targets Linde's decent Res. Meanwhile, Felicia, meanwhile, has terrific res and target Linde's paper thin defense. 

But F!Robin's attack is so....low and Linde's Res is high. Linde would probably still eat her for breakfast. 

10 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Ugh...so either a blue brave (or a blue with at least 53 atk for those +def linde) user or a green unit

Yea Abel works great.  He can also help out against Takumi and other glass cannons.  And a horse unit is always nice to have against Kagero.

11 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Ehh... I might just have to work out my own cav strategy... anyway....

How advisable / efficient is it to just focus on one color of stone? (in my case I was thinking blue for Ninian / Ephraim... wondering if it's worth it to still do 5 at a time for the chance of others like Camilla, Corrin, Lyn etc) There are... a lot of characters I want from most stone colors (I think save colorless), so is it better to keep doing all 5 at once or focus on one color at a time to go for one unit type/color at a time before moving on to another? 

Don't be too optimistic you'll get Ephraim since he is in with a lot of other 5*s.  Same with Lyn, assume its not going to happen.  The one exception is if you have a lot of time to kill rerolling because I did it for leo and the odds for every 5 reds was still less than 1% chance.  Throw everything you've got at Ninian (blue) now because she will be very hard to get after the focus is over and she's very easy now (3%, no other competitors so its true 3%).  If you want Jaffar he's pretty hard to get right now as well...(3%, but 3 competitors so divide that by 4)

Perhaps early in the game you'd be fine with getting 4*s from all the different colors but the fact is this will naturally happen as you go for focus so in the long run its not worth it.

You'll be a lot happier if you save your orbs and only spend them when theres a focus character you want.  You'll be able to get at least 1 character from each focus every month or so. On my main account I've got 8 5*s.  On my second account I have 4 and yet I like my 2nd account a lot more right now.  The only character I actually love on my main is Ephraim, the others I could care less about.

Edited by Lushen

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Yea Abel works great.  He can also help out against Takumi and other glass cannons.  And a horse unit is always nice to have against Kagero.

Don't be too optimistic you'll get Ephraim since he is in with a lot of other 5*s.  Same with Lyn, assume its not going to happen.  The one exception is if you have a lot of time to kill rerolling because I did it for leo and the odds for every 5 reds was still less than 1% chance.  Throw everything you've got at Ninian (blue) now because she will be very hard to get after the focus is over and she's very easy now (3%, no other competitors so its true 3%).  If you want Jaffar he's pretty hard to get right now as well...(3%, but 3 competitors so divide that by 4)

Perhaps early in the game you'd be fine with getting 4*s from all the different colors but the fact is this will naturally happen as you go for focus so in the long run its not worth it.

You'll be a lot happier if you save your orbs and only spend them when theres a focus character you want.  You'll be able to get at least 1 character from each focus every month or so. On my main account I've got 8 5*s.  On my second account I have 4 and yet I like my 2nd account a lot more right now.  The only character I actually love on my main is Ephraim, the others I could care less about.

Yeah I think your'e right man... jeez, wishing it occurred to me to do this sooner x___x I blew way more orbs than I should have on 3 reds / 1 blu / 1 green yesterday lol sigh... oh well. Can only do better from here on out...

35 minutes ago, Kiran said:

What do people use to counter Linde? (Or do I have to bring a green unit) Because I'm sick and tired of getting one-rounded on the stupid lava map. 

I use Julia.

36 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I use anna, her resistance isn't too bad so she just runs up and mercilessly splits her skull like the commander we all know and love.

45 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I personally was lucky enough to roll Julia, so I use her. Before that, I had Effie, who could take a single hit (much of Linde's strength comes from her ability to double most of the cast) and then walk up and one-shot her. If you don't have a high res unit to take a hit, then just try to stay out of range and then walk up and smack her with a strong melee character. Linde has paper thin defenses, so she should go down fairly easily. 

13 minutes ago, Kiran said:

With the exception of flying and mounted units, it's difficult to get in range to take out Linde without risking taking unwanted hits from other units.

Julia is the least risky choice since she can often kill Linde on the counterattack while taking only single-digit damage. I believe Hone Atk guarantees a one-hit kill with a neutral Julia. I'll have to run the numbers again to be certain, but I believe my +9 neutral Julia (+4 Atk equivalent to Hone Atk) is guaranteed to one-hit kill any +0 Linde.

Nino should also work with her weapon triangle advantage and extremely high firepower.

15 minutes ago, Kiran said:

But F!Robin's attack is so....low and Linde's Res is high. Linde would probably still eat her for breakfast. 

Robin also has relatively low Res for a magic unit and is getting double attacked by Linde. I believe Robin will survive, but won't be in particularly good shape.

9 minutes ago, Lushen said:

(3%, no other competitors so its true 3%)

That's almost certainly not how the gachapon probability works. The number you end up with (3%) is going to be close, but you're significantly over-simplifying it.

53 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I used to have trouble with Linde until I started using Nino. Now Linde is not a big deal anymore.

Sigh...sadly I don't have Julia to nicely counter Linde. I'm probably going to have to switch Ephraim for Minerva. But that leaves a hole in my team for Tiki.....curse rng for not giving me a falchion user. Whelp looks like Roy is going to have to tank that with M!Robin back up. If only bonus characters were not needed....Sully is useless against anything thats not a sword

Would training up Nino be a good eventual replacement for Minerva? Unfortunately Nino is 4* so its going to be a while to amass feathers.

If I was to do a YOLO pull and had a blue, red, and colorless orb, who should I pull for- Karel, Ninian, or Jaffar?

In terms of units I already have, I have 5* Sharena and 4* Effie and MRobin for blue, 5* Lucina and Eirika for red, and not a whole lot for colorless other than 5* Maria and 4* Clarine. But I'm wary of the mediocre units I could get out of a colorless pull.

Should I upgrade one of my units to 5*? I only seem to pull squishy 5* units, so I'm flailing around when I have to face the Takumigeddon at the arena.

Some options I have are M!Robin (+atk -hp), F!Corrin (+atk -spd) and, perhaps, Nowi (+def -spd).

Or maybe I should save the feathers until I get a better option?

Spoiler

6OsVuhc.png

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

With the exception of flying and mounted units, it's difficult to get in range to take out Linde without risking taking unwanted hits from other units.

Julia is the least risky choice since she can often kill Linde on the counterattack while taking only single-digit damage. I believe Hone Atk guarantees a one-hit kill with a neutral Julia. I'll have to run the numbers again to be certain, but I believe my +9 neutral Julia (+4 Atk equivalent to Hone Atk) is guaranteed to one-hit kill any +0 Linde.

Nino should also work with her weapon triangle advantage and extremely high firepower.

Robin also has relatively low Res for a magic unit and is getting double attacked by Linde. I believe Robin will survive, but won't be in particularly good shape.

That's almost certainly not how the gachapon probability works. The number you end up with (3%) is going to be close, but you're significantly over-simplifying it.

Actually, FRobin has B Tomebreaker so she would actually double Linde assuming that she isn't too damaged.

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

How so?  (unless you buff it by not rolling 5*s) you have a 3% chance to get into the focus pool.  If the focus pool for a blue unit consists only of one unit, that's where it ends.  In Jaffar's case, however, it goes into the uncolored focus pool and consists of 4 units so its much less than 3% overall to get Jaffar. 

Or is this not how its calculated?

4 minutes ago, mochibird said:

Should I upgrade one of my units to 5*? I only seem to pull squishy 5* units, so I'm flailing around when I have to face the Takumigeddon at the arena.

Some options I have are M!Robin (+atk -hp), F!Corrin (+atk -spd) and, perhaps, Nowi (+def -spd).

Reveal hidden contents

6OsVuhc.png

I really like my 5* M!Robin.  The -hp sounds great on most mages but I would argue its a bad thing for M!Robin because his benefit is that he can actually tank quite a bit for a mage.

F!Corrin and Nowi are very similar, I don't know which one is better.  I can tell you my 5* Nowi has been benched by my M!Robin, however.

Your current situation of 5*s is very good, however.

Whether F!Robin can or can't kill Linde, I think it's a bad idea compared to a brave horse/flier because she is going to be pretty much useless the rest of the fight.  Abel wouldn't take any damage.

Edited by Lushen

12 minutes ago, mochibird said:

Hide contents

6OsVuhc.png

Robin or Nowi would be my suggestion if you're struggling with Takumi. Sharena and Nino are also really good. If you're not sure, could always just save them for anyone you get from the current focus. Nino and Sharena are probably your best options though IMO. Everyone talks about how crazy-good Nino is, so....

@ everyone else in the thread: I wonder if maybe we could keep the discussion to a minimum and focusing more on actually answering people's questions...? :0

Edited by BANRYU

30 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Sigh...sadly I don't have Julia to nicely counter Linde. I'm probably going to have to switch Ephraim for Minerva. But that leaves a hole in my team for Tiki.....curse rng for not giving me a falchion user. Whelp looks like Roy is going to have to tank that with M!Robin back up. If only bonus characters were not needed....Sully is useless against anything thats not a sword

Would training up Nino be a good eventual replacement for Minerva? Unfortunately Nino is 4* so its going to be a while to amass feathers.

Use Anna my guy! Her resistance and attack and speed make her a mediocre blue mage killer that won't get doubled.

13 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

Actually, FRobin has B Tomebreaker so she would actually double Linde assuming that she isn't too damaged.

Right. I forgot about that.

Neutral Linde deals 18 damage to Robin, taking her to 22 HP. Robin counters for 16x2, taking Linde down to 3 HP. Linde with -HP or -Res will die.

16 minutes ago, Lushen said:

How so?  (unless you buff it by not rolling 5*s) you have a 3% chance to get into the focus pool.  If the focus pool for a blue unit consists only of one unit, that's where it ends.  In Jaffar's case, however, it goes into the uncolored focus pool and consists of 4 units so its much less than 3% overall to get Jaffar. 

Or is this not how its calculated?

Because if you do the math that way, the sum of all pulls for colors with no Focus characters only adds up to 97% and not 100%. If you have holes in your probabilities, then you did something wrong.

The most logical way for the system to determine pull rates is to determine a weight for each character and divide up the 100% in relation to those weights.

For example, the chance of pulling Ninian when pulling only blue would be [[overall chance of pulling Ninian = 0.5%] / [overall chance of pulling any blue character]]. Because the sum of the chances of generating a blue character in relation to all characters is greater than 1/6, Ninian's pull rate will be lower than 3% when pulling only blue.

Basically, with the current Focus set and only pulling from the matching color, Ninian has the highest pull rate, followed by Karel (red is more diluted than blue), followed by all 4 of the colorless characters at equal probabilities.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Use Anna my guy! Her resistance and attack and speed make her a mediocre blue mage killer that won't get doubled.

Anna's going to take up so many feathers ;_;  Plus Minerva has more mobility and can probably take out other blues more effectively. 

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Anna's going to take up so many feathers ;_;  Plus Minerva has more mobility and can probably take out other blues more effectively. 

Yeah you're right Minerva might be better. Her speed is also backflippingly ridiculous.

Edited by Arcanite

On 3/13/2017 at 1:50 PM, BANRYU said:

Okay so after the Ursula business and my last batch of pulls I have a pretty good crop of cavalry units at my disposal. My question is, what is/are my best team composition options?

My calvary units include Leo 5*, Abel 5*, Ursula 4*, Eliwood 4*, Cecilia 3*+1, and Gunter 1*&2*. I've heard Gunter is good as far as Goad Cavalry goes, so how high would I want to upgrade him if using him? Would 3* suffice or should I be going for 4? (chances are I won't want to prioritize him over other units I like better but I'll entertain the idea if it's well-advised enough) Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I also have a 4* Olivia; if there are any other good non-cavalry utility units feel free to suggest those as well

Uhhh Corrin.

Sorry, I would have answered earlier, but I know barely anything about cavalry units in this game... Let me see, you've got Gunter and Eliwood, who are two of the desirable buff-dispensers in cavalry-centric teams, but both need to be 4 star to unlock hone cavalry/ward cavalry respectively.  That is a decent start, but if you are sticking purely to cavalry units, Abel looks to be your best abuser of those buffs, and he just isn't on the same level as Reinhardt or Eldigan when it comes to that role.  Mayhaps @Elieson can help, as he seems fairly knowledgable about that particular team build?

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because if you do the math that way, the sum of all pulls for colors with no Focus characters only adds up to 97% and not 100%. If you have holes in your probabilities, then you did something wrong.

The most logical way for the system to determine pull rates is to determine a weight for each character and divide up the 100% in relation to those weights.

For example, the chance of pulling Ninian when pulling only blue would be [[overall chance of pulling Ninian = 0.5%] / [overall chance of pulling any blue character]]. Because the sum of the chances of generating a blue character in relation to all characters is greater than 1/6, Ninian's pull rate will be lower than 3% when pulling only blue.

Basically, with the current Focus set and only pulling from the matching color, Ninian has the highest pull rate, followed by Karel (red is more diluted than blue), followed by all 4 of the colorless characters at equal probabilities.

It depends on which assumptions you make. You assume the chance of getting a focus character is 3% if you open all orbs. And since there are 6 Focus characters, there's a 0,5% chance of getting ninian because of that. But isn't there the possibility that the game calculates the chance after you've chosen an orb? If you only open up blue's and the game then calculates if you would get a Focus character or not, chances of pulling Ninian would indeed be 3%.

Edit: Ah, I see what you mean. You're saying since doesn't work, since if you would pick a green orb, you would fall short from the Focus character bonus. Makes sense. I wonder though, what if they simply added the probability of not having a green orb focus character to the other focus characters? So, instead of it being a 3% chance of getting Ninian when opening only blue orbs, it's actually a 4% chance. (3% + 1% from not having any green focus characters, spread out over the different orbs that do have them.

It's a stretch, but theoretically should be possible.

Edited by Birdy

My main team consists of 5* Abel, Roy and Takumi. (I also have 5* Eldigan and Ephraim at my disposal).

Not sure who to raise to 5* to round out the team. I have 4* m!Robin and 4* Camilla both ready to promote, as well as a few other 4* and 3* characters who might be useful (Nino?). 

30 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I really like my 5* M!Robin.  The -hp sounds great on most mages but I would argue its a bad thing for M!Robin because his benefit is that he can actually tank quite a bit for a mage.

F!Corrin and Nowi are very similar, I don't know which one is better.  I can tell you my 5* Nowi has been benched by my M!Robin, however.

Your current situation of 5*s is very good, however.

19 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Robin or Nowi would be my suggestion if you're struggling with Takumi. Sharena and Nino are also really good. If you're not sure, could always just save them for anyone you get from the current focus. Nino and Sharena are probably your best options though IMO. Everyone talks about how crazy-good Nino is, so....

Yes, I'm hesitant to upgrade my M!Robin because of his IVs. He loses 4 points compared to the neutral nature, ouch. And same with Nowi's, who's tankier but gets doubled even more *sigh* I'm really tempted with Shareena and Nino because I've taken a liking to both, but my rational side refuses to give in. Nino has an ideal IV set (I think?) with +atk -hp and she's been great even as a 4*+.

I suppose I'll wait and see if I can get anyone new or with better IVs when I scrape together some orbs ;;

Thank you two for your input, though, it's given me some peace of mind.