"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should i promote my Lv.37 Roy to 5* now or wait until I clear the 5 orb quest?

Edit: Also, are the normal -blade tomes as useful as the -blade+ ones?

Edited by Zero1000

I'm not sure if this thread or the Skill Inheritance Discussion thread is best to ask, but I really like Cherche and was wondering if it would be better to have her inherit a Killer Axe or a Brave Axe? I plan on upping her to 5* and giving her Ignis as a purple skill as well.

Edited by Liliesgrace

14 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Aaaaagh, I'm gonna miss out on a few orbs here... I don't have four Armors, and I don't think I have four fliers...

I'm gonna win this with two Draugs. . no, I won't.  Goodbye orbs~!

4 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

Should i promote my Lv.37 Roy to 5* now or wait until I clear the 5 orb quest?

Quests first.  Promotion can happen any time.

1 minute ago, Liliesgrace said:

I'm not sure if this thread or the Skill Inheritance Discussion thread is best to ask, but I really like Cherche and was wondering if it would be better to have her inherit a Killer Axe or a Brave Axe? I plan on upping her to 5* and giving her Ignis as a purple skill as well.

Cherche has the second-highest attack in the game - thus, a Brave Axe suits her well!  Her Speed is also suspect, which means she's doubled by everything anyway.

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm gonna win this with two Draugs. . no, I won't.  Goodbye orbs~!

Quests first.  Promotion can happen any time.

Cherche has the second-highest attack in the game - thus, a Brave Axe suits her well!  Her Speed is also suspect, which means she's doubled by everything anyway.

Thanks so much for the info!

Would you guys recommend passing Sharena an offensive special, like Moonbow, or a defensive one, like Pavise? Or perhaps a healing one like Sol? There are so many options that I can't decide D:

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Would you guys recommend passing Sharena an offensive special, like Moonbow, or a defensive one, like Pavise? Or perhaps a healing one like Sol? There are so many options that I can't decide D:

Figure out what role Sharena will fill on your team, and go from there.

Just now, eclipse said:

Figure out what role Sharena will fill on your team, and go from there.

I'm mostly using her as an anti-red in Arena (already passed Swordbreaker to her), but killing them faster and staying alive against them longer both fit my goals for her. Unless you think one of those would help her do her job better than the other?

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'm mostly using her as an anti-red in Arena (already passed Swordbreaker to her), but killing them faster and staying alive against them longer both fit my goals for her. Unless you think one of those would help her do her job better than the other?

She can be used as a hard support or an offensive unit. It sounds like you're going the latter route.  If she's being used as bait, Pavise and a Seal skill.  If someone else is baiting, Moonbow/Luna/other offensive proc and Drag Back (sac Donnel for this and Brave Lance access, though he'll need to be 5* for Brave Lance+).

Edited by eclipse

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

She can be used as a hard support or an offensive unit. It sounds like you're going the latter route.  If she's being used as bait, Pavise and a Seal skill.  If someone else is baiting, Moonbow/Luna/other offensive proc and Drag Back (sac Donnel for this and Braver Lance access).

So I just experimented with her in Arena, and with Swordbreaker my Sharena can already 1RKO a +5 Lucina. So it looks like I don't need more offensive presence and should instead focus on keeping her alive with either heals or damage mitigation. Thanks for the input!

@Vaximillian Depends. Is there some threat you want to one-shot that you can't already on player phase (with death blow)? If not, I actually think something like Killer Lance and Pavise would be better to keep her alive longer. There are other options, of course, but I personally think Brave Lance would be overkill unless there's a unit I'm missing that she can't one-shot already (think she already one shots all red sword lords).

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

39 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Brace Lance on Effie, worth it or overkill?

Killer Lance + Aegis.  No one in their right mind will attack Effie head-on unless it's a OHKO/Arthur (who isn't exactly a popular pick).

Edited by eclipse

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Killer Lance + Aegis.  No one in their right mind will attack Effie head-on unless it's a OHKO/Arthur (who isn't exactly a popular pick).

That requires Abel or Jagen. Huh. I only have one of both and who knows whether I'll need them later. Oh hell, choice is hard.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Brace Lance on Effie, worth it or overkill?

That's the worst weapon option you can possibly choose for effie.

It cuts their attack in half, when she is attacked, also while using distant/close counter (what you definitely want her to have). Plus Triangle does not stack.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

This is terrible too, omg noobs.  >:D

15 minutes ago, 1337 said:

That's the worst weapon option you can possibly choose for effie.

It cuts their attack in half, when she is attacked, also while using distant/close counter (what you definitely want her to have). Plus Triangle does not stack.

This is terrible too, omg noobs.  >:D

Even if this were the fates forum, which it isn't, you'd still be wrong.

In fates, Braves give defense penalties unlike a lot of other double attacking weapons. In Heroes, it's just -7MT compared to a Silver+ and -5 speed (irrelevant for Effie).

If Effie was doing 14 damage after defenses, you fucked up hard somewhere.

For your second bit of 'advice,' I'll just go with: it's pointless to call something bad without explaining why. Personally I hate armors (too lazy to use 1 move units), but making her tankier kind of let's her do her damn job as a tank.

14 minutes ago, 1337 said:

this is not fates, so gtfo and l2p

And this is SF, where shit like this doesn't fly.  Read the Code of Conduct and abide by it, or leave.

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

No, we're NOT doing polls for this.  Just take some helpful advice and move on with your life.

That being said, Nino has the strongest case for your team, in place of Lachesis.  More Hone Atk is never a bad thing!

It's fine. I already gave up on this. I did say that it was a stupid idea after all. XD

Edited by Falcom

A question I've had for a while.

How exactly do Triangle Adept and the Gem weapons work? The text states that it gives a +-20% damage bonus depending on advantage or disadvantage. However, it seems to me that it amplifies the effects of the triangle rather than give a simple damage bonus, like -reaver weapons from past games. In other words, being at an advantage would nearly raise your attack by half as well as cut the damage you take in half, while a disadvantage would do the opposite.

Is this accurate?

Edited by MrSmokestack

50 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

How exactly do Triangle Adept and the Gem weapons work? The text states that it gives a +-20% damage bonus depending on advantage or disadvantage. However, it seems to me that it amplifies the effects of the triangle rather than give a simple damage bonus, like -reaver weapons from past games. In other words, being at an advantage would nearly raise your attack by half as well as cut the damage you take in half, while a disadvantage would do the opposite.

Is this accurate?

No it's not. Triangle adept does not stack with weapon gems. The cap is set at 40% eg ruby sword wielder with triangle adept 3 attacks a green unit will have a 40% dmg advantage.

Edited by 1337

14 minutes ago, 1337 said:

No it's not. Triangle adept does not stack with weapon gems. The cap is set at 40% eg ruby sword wielder with triangle adept 3 attacks a green unit will have a 40% dmg advantage.

@ eclipse, suck my dick bitch. u won't change people with any weird board rules. i would say the same to him in real live.

Answering the only constructive part of your comment: Smokestack is asking how TA OR Gem weapons worked, not how TA AND Gem weapons worked.

48 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Is this accurate?

I believe what WTA and Gem weapons (and, of course, TAdept) modify the damage before reductions---def or res. That is, someone with, say, 80 ATK and a 20MT weapon would have a base damage 100. Weapon triangle advantage would increase this to 120, disadvantage would decrease it to 80. Now---as far as I know, you might want to ask someone more knowledgeable---TAdept further increases the modifier by 20 percent, additively. That is, 120 damage with advantage would go to 140, and 80 with disadvantage would go down to 60.

THEN it's reduced by resistance or armor, so if the unit you were hitting had, for example, 60 armor, with advantage you'd do 60 damage, a 50% increase from base (100-60=40, 60/40=1.5), with TAdept you'd do 80, a 200% increase from base. With disadvantage you'd do 20 damage, a 50% reduction. With disadvantage and TAdept you'd do 0 damage, a 100% reduction.