"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

A question I've had for a while.

How exactly do Triangle Adept and the Gem weapons work? The text states that it gives a +-20% damage bonus depending on advantage or disadvantage. However, it seems to me that it amplifies the effects of the triangle rather than give a simple damage bonus, like -reaver weapons from past games. In other words, being at an advantage would nearly raise your attack by half as well as cut the damage you take in half, while a disadvantage would do the opposite.

Is this accurate?

10 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Answering the only constructive part of your comment: Smokestack is asking how TA OR Gem weapons worked, not how TA AND Gem weapons worked.

You also need to learn how to read properly :DD hahahaa

everything else is straight out 'not correct', omg :D these wannabees

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone! After today's update, I tried to change kagero's skills, and I gave her quick riposte 1(slot B). My dubt is: why can't she do a x4 attack when attacked, even though she's quicker than the enemy? Maybe it's a bug? Thank you everyone!909icp.jpg

17309818_10208899046295084_6873411512784578705_n.jpg

32 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I believe what WTA and Gem weapons (and, of course, TAdept) modify the damage before reductions

Yes they do so your explanation us indeed valid :)

7 minutes ago, Enlar95 said:

Hi everyone! After today's update, I tried to change kagero's skills, and I gave her quick riposte 1(slot B). My dubt is: why can't she do a x4 attack when attacked, even though she's quicker than the enemy? Maybe it's a bug? Thank you everyone!909icp.jpg

×4 attacks only work on brave weapons, and since there is no brave dagger then no ×4 attack. (Brave dagger would be cool though)

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

Stuff

I apologize for my poorly-worded question, as the response didn't answer it.

To clarify: I am not asking whether the Gem Weapons and Triangle Adept stack; as it has been pointed out previously, they do not. Rather, I am asking whether these skills in general amplify the net weapon advantage rather than simply increase damage.

So natural weapon advantage is +-20%, but with either Gem weapons or Triangle Adept the advantage becomes 40%. Does this affect only the attacker's damage or does it also affect the defender's advantage?

2 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

According to the Wiki, they don't though

2 hours ago, Birdy said:

Oh damn, and I was pretty sure of this too. Thanks for the correction!

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I apologize for my poorly-worded question, as the response didn't answer it.

To clarify: I am not asking whether the Gem Weapons and Triangle Adept stack; as it has been pointed out previously, they do not. Rather, I am asking whether these skills in general amplify the net weapon advantage rather than simply increase damage.

So natural weapon advantage is +-20%, but with either Gem weapons or Triangle Adept the advantage becomes 40%. Does this affect only the attacker's damage or does it also affect the defender's advantage?

Yes. Triangle Adept + WTA = 40% Dmg Dealt to them and 40% less Dmg Dealt to you

Thanks everyone, I thought that if there were the conditions to perform a x4 attack, speaking of abilities and spd values, it would have been possible. Apparently I wasted that ability on Kagero, genius, lol

Okay so uh. I just pulled a Speed+/Def- Nino, 4*. IIRC that's really really good. Would she be worth replacing my HP+/Def- Kagero as my current best candidate to boost to 5*? For perspective, here's the rest of my relevant squad: 

Spoiler

tumblr_omx3n6Ngam1shnqb4o1_540.png tumblr_omx3n6Ngam1shnqb4o2_540.png

Kagero dominates so well in the arena that I thought she was the obvious shoe-in, but uh... Nino would fit in pretty good among the other 5* units I've got... Barring that none of them boost her ofc but Serra and Olivia can do that pretty good....

EDIT: Also which is better for Cecilia, neutral or Def+/Res-?

Edited by BANRYU

4 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Okay so uh. I just pulled a Speed+/Def- Nino, 4*. IIRC that's really really good. Would she be worth replacing my HP+/Def- Kagero as my current best candidate to boost to 5*? For perspective, here's the rest of my relevant squad: 

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_omx3n6Ngam1shnqb4o1_540.png tumblr_omx3n6Ngam1shnqb4o2_540.png

Kagero dominates so well in the arena that I thought she was the obvious shoe-in, but uh... Nino would fit in pretty good among the other 5* units I've got... Barring that none of them boost her ofc but Serra and Olivia can do that pretty good....

EDIT: Also which is better for Cecilia, neutral or Def+/Res-?

When it comes to promoting units to 5*, it's better to prioritize the ones with optimal stat spreads. Most people agree Kagero isn't too threatening in Arena anyway if she is not +Atk

Nino, on the other hand, has pretty much the second-best spread available to her (best being -Res), so she should get the bump in my opinion.

As for Cecilia, +Def to mitigate the damage taken from Takumi along with Gronnraven

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

When it comes to promoting units to 5*, it's better to prioritize the ones with optimal stat spreads. Most people agree Kagero isn't too threatening in Arena anyway if she is not +Atk

Nino, on the other hand, has pretty much the second-best spread available to her (best being -Res), so she should get the bump in my opinion.

As for Cecilia, +Def to mitigate the damage taken from Takumi along with Gronnraven

Awesome, +Def was 4* vs 3* anyway. Yeah, Nino sounds pretty solid, I'm down =w= Thanks!

I was wanting some suggestions on special skills for several units I like using that don't have one. I tend to use all of these units as attackers who bait the AI, save for Azura, Linde, and Caeda who I send out after a unit's been lured. Azura also dances as much as she attacks so there's that to. The units in question are:

Caeda

Nino

Roy

Azura

Ninian

Linde

Marth

Eirika

Cecilia

Sharena

Sorry for the long list but any suggestions are appreciated!

Edited by Liliesgrace

11 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

I was wanting some suggestions on special skills for several units I like using that don't have one. I tend to use all of these units as attackers who bait the AI, save for Azura, Linde, and Caeda who I send out after a unit's been lured. Azura also dances as much as she attacks so there's that to. The units in question are:

Caeda

Nino

Roy

Azura

Ninian

Linde

Marth

Eirika

Cecilia

Sharena

Sorry for the long list but any suggestions are appreciated!

If you have virion for astra then that works for everyone here

Glacies/iceberg works for Azura, Ninian Nino, Caeda, or Cecilia.

Edited by Arcanite

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

If you have virion for astra then that works for everyone here

Glacies/iceberg works for Azura, Ninian Nino, Caeda, or Cecilia.

Awesome! I do have a spare Virion and plenty of spare Felicias as well.

3 minutes ago, I'm a Spheal said:

What's an infantry unit? It was something I need clarification on. 

Pretty sure an infantry unit is any unit NOT on a horse, NOT armoured, and NOT flying. If they aren't wearing armour (these units only move 1 space) and walks on it's own two feet it should be infantry.

Edited by Liliesgrace

Just now, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I'm sure this has already been asked, but does Spur and Rally (e.g. Attack) stack together? I know that Hone and Rally do not stack, but I wonder about the other two...

Yes they do. Multiple Spurs of the same name can also stack.

Just now, Zero1000 said:

I'm getting REALLY impatient with promoting Roy, and I can't get level 40 cavalry to appear on the training tower. Should I promote Roy now or keep trying the quest.

I'm not sure what's going on here that makes promotion and finishing the quest mutually exclusive. Could you clarify please?

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'm not sure what's going on here that makes promotion and finishing the quest mutually exclusive. Could you clarify please?

Roy is one of the 4 units I have close to level 40 (Level 36, to be exact) and he's a 4*. Promotion resets a unit to level 1 (keeping SP and learnt abilities).

4 minutes ago, Zero1000 said:

Roy is one of the 4 units I have close to level 40 (Level 36, to be exact) and he's a 4*. Promotion resets a unit to level 1 (keeping SP and learnt abilities).

Agg sorry can't read. I would keep trying the quest then because orbs are pretty scarce and will be for a while, despite the orb drop this morning.