"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Knoxian said:

Question: Why does sol and aether sometime soon only restore 10% health?

They restore 50% of the actual damage dealt (rounded down). If the attack does more damage than the opponent's remaining HP, the overflow doesn't count.

2 minutes ago, Knoxian said:

Question: Why does sol and aether sometime soon only restore 10% health?

You get back 50% of the HP lost by the opponent. Even if you do 100 damage if the enemy only has 40 HP you get 20 back. And if the enemy is at 1 HP you get 0, etc...

@Zelgius I knew you are so pro at using armor units. I just got a Hardin at 3% pitybreaker from Shiro banner. Any idea who to give Bold Fighter? 

Anyone else ideas are welcome too.

Here are some candidate...

Spoiler

Hector (-HP/+Atk)

Vector (-HP/+Def) >>> not sure, is double Wraith better?

LA Eliwood +1 merge (Already have DC)

LA Lyn (+Def/-Res) Blarowl+ build 

Zelgius (-HP /+Def) default build

I won't ask this if I have Halloween Jacob. This will go to him immediately as @Tybrosion have shown me how cancer he can be.

Edited by Ginko

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

@Zelgius I knew you are so pro at using armor units. I just got a Hardin at 3% pitybreaker from Shiro banner. Any idea who to give Bold Fighter? 

Anyone else ideas are welcome too.

Here are some candidate...

Hide contents

Hector (-HP/+Atk)

Vector (-HP/+Def) >>> not sure, is double Wraith better?

LA Eliwood +1 merge (Already have DC)

LA Lyn (+Def/-Res) Blarowl+ build 

Zelgius (-HP /+Def) default build

I won't ask this if I have Halloween Jacob. This will go to him immediately as @Tybrosion have shown me how cancer he can be.

If it was myself I'd have a think about who I use the most and who would benefit from it. I've seen people using a BF and Armor Boots build for LA Lyn which can put pressure on opponents, and you've probably already seen Zelgius's BF build, though you'd need a Breath skill to complete that particular build. Hector has alot of good options due to Berserk Armads, you can check out this guy, he has some interesting Hector builds. I actually use the same build on my own Hector after using his on GC, though I use WF instead of QR. LA Eliwood I'm not too sure on, I haven't really used him outside of AA, it depends on your playstyle with him.

Edited by Zelgius

On 6/1/2018 at 6:15 PM, Javi Blizz said:

Pulling for fodder in the legendary banner, I've got a NY!Azura. I got one in her original banner (-Atk +HP, but I'm happy with that IVs, since she almost never sees combat). I'm not sure if I should fodder her for Hone Fliers (my only ranged flier is F!Morgan), Hagoita (I'm not sure who could use that axe) or just keep her in my barracks. Merge her with so useful fodder is not an option xd

You could let your Axe Flier of choice inherit both Hone Fliers and Hagoita. Minerva already comes with Ward Fliers which stacks with Hagiota. 

On the other hand you could sit on her until you get other ranged Fliers. 

15 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Anyone would benefit from a skill inheritance from Fjorm, or just merge duplicates?

Fjorm has Atk/Def bond and Drive Atk, with Atk/Def bond being useful for defensive setups, and Drive Atk still being rare.

Also Shield Pulse I guess...

I'd recommend you use Fjorm as inheritance fodder first, merge fodder second. See who needs Atk/Def bond, see if anyone particularly wants Drive Atk, THEN if nothing seems appealing, turn her into a fine paste to feed your used Fjorm.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Fjorm has Atk/Def bond and Drive Atk, with Atk/Def bond being useful for defensive setups, and Drive Atk still being rare.

Also Shield Pulse I guess...

I'd recommend you use Fjorm as inheritance fodder first, merge fodder second. See who needs Atk/Def bond, see if anyone particularly wants Drive Atk, THEN if nothing seems appealing, turn her into a fine paste to feed your used Fjorm.

@Garlyle While Fjorm is top tier skill fodder, she is also a Legendary hero who can be valuable to Arena scoring during Water seasons. If you can use her to get higher feather rewards during water seasons, the extra feather might be the best investment over time.

13 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Anyone would benefit from a skill inheritance from Fjorm, or just merge duplicates?

Both options are fine. If your long term goal is doing better in the Arena, she's a good choice for merges. Maybe you'll get more of her. Who knows? I foddered off my extra Fjorm for ATK/DEF Bond and gave it to Lukas who REALLY appreciates that extra bulk and power. No regrets. 

During Fjorm + Water season, I run my three 5 star+10 units and my unmerged Fjorm and have a pretty easy time staying in tier 20. If you're planning on building other merged units, merging Fjorm isn't that necessary unless you want to be super competitve. I personally wouldn't fodder her for Drive ATK. It's a nice skill, but I feel like it's one we'll get in the 4 star pool eventually. ATK/DEF bond could take longer, but it's also a skill that's a little niche. I like it because it fits my play style. 

I am planning to make my Arena Assault score better, because it seems to be low.

So best practice is to use merged units on the first round only, and the other teams I make won't affect the score, right?

From my first calculations a 4*+10 compared to 5*+0 gain the bonus score from the merge what they lose from BST and SP. (about 15 points).

3 hours ago, Garlyle said:

So best practice is to use merged units on the first round only, and the other teams I make won't affect the score, right?

Yes. Only the first team's score matter.

If you have the resources, it is easier in my opinion to run a dedicated armor team as Arena Assault Team 1, set your regular Arena team as Team 7, and then everything else in between. I am pretty bad at using armor teams, but they score high and I just spam the surrender button until I find a team that is easily beatable.

With that set up, you are then only mentally exerting yourself on five battles instead of seven, as Team 1 is a simple matter of finding a weak opponent and Team 7's battle is a guaranteed win.

3 hours ago, Garlyle said:

From my first calculations a 4*+10 compared to 5*+0 gain the bonus score from the merge what they lose from BST and SP. (about 15 points).

Merges do not affect the SP portion of the score, only skills do. 4*+10 Nino and 5*+0 Nino with the same skill set with have the same SP scores. However, their rarity, merge, and BST scores will be different.

5 hours ago, Garlyle said:

The stat total used for scoring is the sum of the unit's stats excluding stats from skills and merges.

After some research and an imperfect run I scored 4.647. Not even in the top 10.000, which is a surprise. But I already see where I could improve.

So Merric just got a weapon refinery, but I am still a little unsure if I should buy it or not. His attack could use the +5 boost, it would bring his speed to a very good 43 (with fury) and a -1 cooldown is always nice.

However the Wo Doa effect on his Dark Excaliber actually really helped his damage output before. So does anyone think the new boost is worth it?

7 hours ago, Sasori said:

So Merric just got a weapon refinery, but I am still a little unsure if I should buy it or not. His attack could use the +5 boost, it would bring his speed to a very good 43 (with fury) and a -1 cooldown is always nice.

However the Wo Doa effect on his Dark Excaliber actually really helped his damage output before. So does anyone think the new boost is worth it?

At neutral weapon triangle, two hits with the +5 Atk from the unique refine effect is equivalent to Dark Excalibur's effect, and the cooldown reduction means you can run Luna or Bonfire instead of Moonbow for a harder hitting Special activation.

6 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

I thought that there was a weapon refinery update with the update. Wasn't Young Tiki supposed to have a new weapon there?

Learn her new weapon first. Then the option to refine will be available.

1 hour ago, SSbardock84 said:

I thought that there was a weapon refinery update with the update. Wasn't Young Tiki supposed to have a new weapon there?

It works just like any other character that previously had an inheritable weapon as their final weapon (Raven, Clair, etc.). The new uninheritable weapon needs to be learned first, then refined after that. You can't turn Flametongue+ directly into a refined Mist Breath.

Pulled 3 SF Nino's -

(+HP/-ATK)

(+DEF/-ATK)

(+HP/-SPD)

Pulled the first copy early on. Got the next two on the same circle later on :)

Basically, I'm torn on which one to use atm. As +HP is a super boon, I know for a fact, that I'll be keeping one of those two copies to use.

She'll be in a flier team and as I feel her speed is already extremely high enough, I feel as though the +HP/-SPD copy is the best of the 3. Thoughts?

17 minutes ago, D4RTH said:

Pulled 3 SF Nino's -

(+HP/-ATK)

(+DEF/-ATK)

(+HP/-SPD)

Pulled the first copy early on. Got the next two on the same circle later on :)

Basically, I'm torn on which one to use atm. As +HP is a super boon, I know for a fact, that I'll be keeping one of those two copies to use.

She'll be in a flier team and as I feel her speed is already extremely high enough, I feel as though the +HP/-SPD copy is the best of the 3. Thoughts?

I say go with +HP/-Atk. More HP means a bit more survivability on both sides, and she really wants Spd more than Atk. Even if you give her a bladetome, those tomes wants Spd more than Atk.

Also need some advice on a few things as well:

1.) So I have a question from the Lukas users, I think @Hawk King I've seen you mention using a Lukas.

How would you rank these natures? +Atk/-Spd, +Def/-Spd, +Atk/-Res and  +Def/-Res? I seem to get every good combination but I'm having trouble narrowing down the best one.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think -Spd is the best one for more charges right? At first I thought it would also make Ignis charge faster but would charging Bonfires faster be better with Steady Breath?

2.) SO I have a Masked Marth+2 and a +Spd/-Def Lucina+1. I figured one of them should get Sealed Falchion and the other the Spectrum Bond refine (dragons are getting pretty annoying). So which weapon goes to who?

The Lucina has both Desperation/Wings of Mercy in her kit, so theoretically she can use both well (I guess WoM Spectrum Bond would be nice to grab people off guard for Defense wins which I'm lacking nowadays). But I hear Sealed Falchion is better for Speedy Desperation users so they're more self-reliant right? So would Sealed Falchion win out in the end?

Then maybe Masked Marth would try and get the Bond buffs to make up for being neutral?

Hey guys, as I'm doing the Chain Challenges lately, I feel like I'm getting too stuck with the same army in most scenarios. To prove my point, let's look at my merit list.

NAkPBDa.png

Roy was always the leader of this army. I used to run Catria, Lilina and Lyn a lot, but now it's just Hinoka, Reinhardt and Ninian in most scenarios.

Roy

Spoiler

GqiYxOj.png

Galeforce, Desperation and Reposition makes Roy a good offensive and utility unit. Nowadays when Reinhardt runs in to pick a unit so the enemy starts moving, Roy and Ninian goes in for the rescue. As you guys suggested, I gave him Life and Death, and that is extra damage when he goes in to kill ranged units up close. She has an S Support with Lilina, which is unfortunately used less in the last weeks. Quickened Pulse seems to be good addition for him when I need to complete multiple maps in a row.

Reinhardt

Spoiler

NnF0QMc.png

Reinhardt kills most of the enemies before they can even counterattack. Dire Thunder is the best mage weapon in the game in my opinion. Death Blade and Atk+ makes it even stronger. Reposition was so good on Roy that I have to give Reinhardt too, so they can support each other. Blazing Thunder is nice damage before Reinhardt's attack, which when triggers can take down even Hector.

Hinoka

Spoiler

ZyZjWyR.png

She's a flier, she's an archer, she does huge damage against armored units and fliers. That's pretty much all the reason why I pick her most of the time. Also with Flier Formation they support each other pretty well with Ninian. Atk/Spd Bond helps you double even the fastest enemies. I'm not sure which Assist skill is the best for flying units, but Draw Back feels like a solid choice.

Ninian

Spoiler

6mjc2lZ.png

The reason why I kept opening blue orbs only on the bridal banner. All she does is dance and fly. She doesn't take part in the attacks, but she doesn't have to. With Roy and Reinhardt at the field, attacks are already well covered. Did I mentioned how good Flier Formation is?

Others

Spoiler

VOffJNO.png

It's hard to say why, but I just love Lilina. I couldn't really find good passives for her yet, but I am committed to make the best out of her. She's still very useful, but Reinhardt is much faster in my current team.

6hY6Zuy.pngn7gOuNG.png

And we have Lyn. Brave Lyn is top tier, I always take extra caution when I face her or Reinhardt on any map due to their range. I don't go for them first, but usually I take the first opportunity to take them out before other enemies.

Bride Lyn is still very viable, but instead of great offense, she's great utility. If the enemies have strong counterattacks, she can neutralize that fortunately, or do some healing in her free time. Either she or Clarine is my potential future healer, but Clarine doesn't have anything special to show off right now.

So, I guess what I really miss is good defense. But it's still early in the game, only have around 40-something 5* units. Where's next?

On 6/8/2018 at 5:24 PM, Ice Dragon said:

At neutral weapon triangle, two hits with the +5 Atk from the unique refine effect is equivalent to Dark Excalibur's effect, and the cooldown reduction means you can run Luna or Bonfire instead of Moonbow for a harder hitting Special activation.

The cooldown effect will combo well with Seliph's infantry pulse as well. New refinement for Merric is is then.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do with my Roy (regular, not Brave or Valentine). He's going to be my next +10 project as I have exactly enough Roys to do it, and he's already +3 thanks to some duplicates I summoned before he was demoted in the summoning pool. 

I'm not quite sure what his optimal IVs are, though. His stats are so balanced, it's hard to say what exactly would be best. I know for sure I want either +Atk or +Spd, but I don't know which would be better, and I don't know what bane suits him the best. Especially since his weapon refine grants +4Def/Res when the enemy attacks.

I kinda feel like I'd use Distant Counter and Wrath as his A and B skills, in conjunction with a low-cooling special like Glimmer or Moonbow. But again...I'm really not sure. Advice?