"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

29 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do with my Roy (regular, not Brave or Valentine). He's going to be my next +10 project as I have exactly enough Roys to do it, and he's already +3 thanks to some duplicates I summoned before he was demoted in the summoning pool. 

I'm not quite sure what his optimal IVs are, though. His stats are so balanced, it's hard to say what exactly would be best. I know for sure I want either +Atk or +Spd, but I don't know which would be better, and I don't know what bane suits him the best. Especially since his weapon refine grants +4Def/Res when the enemy attacks.

I kinda feel like I'd use Distant Counter and Wrath as his A and B skills, in conjunction with a low-cooling special like Glimmer or Moonbow. But again...I'm really not sure. Advice?

What did you want him to do?  And what does he bring that no one else does?

In terms of the latter, it's an upgraded Binding Blade, which has the following properties:

1. Dragon effectiveness
2. Grants Def/Res +4 when attacked
3. (optional) QR effect when over half health

All of this, put together, screams "enemy phase dragon killer", which is a really irritating niche.  So, your options:

1. Go with DC/Wrath, put "mage-tanking" on his resume, slap Distant Defense in the S slot and grab +Atk/-Def.  QR means that his speed would be solely to prevent doubles.  Run a healer.
2. Do the melee tanking thing with double Close Defense, Bonfire, and +Atk/-Res.  16 Def/Res when attacked up close is nothing to sneeze at, especially with guaranteed QR.  Run something with Infantry Pulse if possible.
3. Cheese the everloving daylights out of things with DC/Vantage, +Atk/-Def, and Iceberg.
4. Something else

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone with wing sword Caeda mind telling me their experiences with her? I built one with Firesweep for my flier team before she got her prf and she does a good job, but lately I’ve been thinking about giving her the wing sword. Just asking, since Divine Dew is scarce

17 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think -Spd is the best one for more charges right? At first I thought it would also make Ignis charge faster but would charging Bonfires faster be better with Steady Breath?

Between 19 and 22 Spd, it is better to go with 19 in my opinion. You are not really going to avoid that much more doubles with 22 Spd, and Lukas maybe can use that extra Res to tank a dragon or something.

From the calculator, [Slaying Lance, Bonfire, Steady Breath] does not seem to be that much different from [Harmonic Lance, Ignis, Steady Breath]; Slaying Lance gets one extra kill by being able to kill Oscar in one hit while Harmonic Lance requires two hits to kill Oscar but cannot actually kill Oscar due to Lancebreaker. I would go with the Slaying Lance build with immediate Bonfire activation to better deal with Lancebreaker opponents, since Harmonic Lance's damage output might be overkill.

17 hours ago, mcsilas said:

SO I have a Masked Marth+2 and a +Spd/-Def Lucina+1. I figured one of them should get Sealed Falchion and the other the Spectrum Bond refine (dragons are getting pretty annoying). So which weapon goes to who?

Depends on your play style. Falchion is better on tanks while Sealed Falchion is better on nukes. Since you seem to use Lucina more as a nuke, I would go with Sealed Falchion on her while Lucina!Marth can run regular Falchion and be more like a tank since she got better Def.

13 hours ago, Garlyle said:

I feel like I'm getting too stuck with the same army in most scenarios

That is a good thing in my opinion. Having a reliable team that can clear most content is better than trying to come up with a new team every time. There is no point in jeopardizing potential rewards just for the sake of additional challenge; you can always go back and do the map again with more challenging team compositions after you have gotten the reward.

13 hours ago, Garlyle said:

So, I guess what I really miss is good defense. But it's still early in the game, only have around 40-something 5* units. Where's next?

I am not sure what you mean by defense.

If you mean lacking a defensive Enemy Phase team, Ward Armor and Ward Dragon teams are also great at clearing out content. Since you got FH!Robin, Zelgius, and Effie, it looks like you are all set for an armor team, although Effie might require Distant Counter to really make things easy. I throw Reinhardt, BH!Lyn, and Olivia at everything, but sometimes that does not work and I use my Distant Counter Ward Armor team instead with Effie, Sheena, and Zephiel.

If you mean Arena defense team, Reinhardt and Dancer/Singer will pretty much do the job. If that does not work, you run a triple cavalry defense team like me. I run Reinhardt, BH!Lyn, and Olwen, and they consistently get me at least five to seven wins every week. You can run something similar with Reinhardt, HATF!Catria, and BH!Lyn.

3 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm not quite sure what his optimal IVs are, though. His stats are so balanced, it's hard to say what exactly would be best. I know for sure I want either +Atk or +Spd, but I don't know which would be better, and I don't know what bane suits him the best. Especially since his weapon refine grants +4Def/Res when the enemy attacks.

I remember checking his build several weeks ago and he is not fast enough to be a Spd tank. He is terrible with Distant Counter since he is so slow and his bulk is not great either. Other sword units vastly outperform Roy if they got Distant Counter instead.

I second @eclipse's melee tanking build, as Roy really needs a stat boosting A skill to help him on Enemy Phase.

I am a bit iffy on Vantage though. Roy does not have enough stats to run Iceberg-Vantage as well as Hector running Bonfire-Vantage. Roy does not have enough bulk to stomach two hits, and his Atk and Iceberg deals a lot less damage compared to Hector's Atk and Bonfire. If Roy is dealing with only mages, then Iceberg-Vantage should be fine, but I do not think that is enough to deal with archers and melee units.

His vanilla build is also great for Arena Assault, as his native Triangle Adept can help him shutdown melee green units.

3 minutes ago, Khid said:

Does anyone with wing sword Caeda mind telling me their experiences with her? I built one with Firesweep for my flier team before she got her prf and she does a good job, but lately I’ve been thinking about giving her the wing sword. Just asking, since Divine Dew is scarce

I do not have experience using her, but I did face @LordFrigid's Distant Counter Caeda once in Arena Assault and she ruined my run. His blue lance flier (I think it was Tana?) knocked out my NS!Corrin, and the rest of my team (SF!Camilla, TOD!Nowi, HNY!Azura) has no way of battling Caeda without dying.

Caeda with Wing Sword is pretty scary when built right and got the right teammates.

26 minutes ago, XRay said:

I remember checking his build several weeks ago and he is not fast enough to be a Spd tank. He is terrible with Distant Counter since he is so slow and his bulk is not great either. Other sword units vastly outperform Roy if they got Distant Counter instead.

I second @eclipse's melee tanking build, as Roy really needs a stat boosting A skill to help him on Enemy Phase.

I am a bit iffy on Vantage though. Roy does not have enough stats to run Iceberg-Vantage as well as Hector running Bonfire-Vantage. Roy does not have enough bulk to stomach two hits, and his Atk and Iceberg deals a lot less damage compared to Hector's Atk and Bonfire. If Roy is dealing with only mages, then Iceberg-Vantage should be fine, but I do not think that is enough to deal with archers and melee units.

His vanilla build is also great for Arena Assault, as his native Triangle Adept can help him shutdown melee green units.

So +Atk is his preferred boon over +Spd, and -Res is his preferred bane over -Def? What about Wrath, is that still a good idea to run with something like Glimmer?

13 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So +Atk is his preferred boon over +Spd, and -Res is his preferred bane over -Def? What about Wrath, is that still a good idea to run with something like Glimmer?

Yeah, I would go with [+Atk/Def, -Res] if he is going to focus on melee opponents. If he is going to focus exclusively against dragons, then [+Atk/Res, -Def] makes more sense.

If you want Distant Counter, then I recommend dropping Def entirely since Roy simply is not good enough to tank both physical and magical attacks, so he is better off focusing on just the magic side with [+Atk/Res, -Def].

If you are keeping his vanilla build for Arena Assault, almost any nature works, although you may want to avoid -Atk.

You may also want to consider -Spd, but you may want to double check his match ups. Roy is slow, but not that slow, so I am not sure if dumping Spd is good idea until I do a little more research in the calculator.

Wrath is always good, but depending on the mode, you may want Guard or Renewal instead to keep his HP up for Quick Riposte. I recommend Moonbow instead of Glimmer. I would only use Glimmer on units if they are built as counters and focus against a type of enemies. If your Roy is only fighting against greens with Triangle Adept or is built to specifically counter dragons, then Glimmer would be better than Moonbow as Glimmer scales better with the increased damage from Triangle Adept and effective damage.

I'm currently stuck on what to choose for the A skill for F!Corrin and Fae. I'm a F2P player so premium skills like steady and warding breath are out of my reach for now. I have Fury 3 for both but they lose HP way too fast. Both F!Corrin and Fae have Lightning Breath+ if that helps for choosing the A skill. At the moment, I'm thinking of these A skills:

• Brazen Atk/Def 3 for F!Corrin 
  • Earth Boost 3 for Fae

For the IVs, ideally I want F!Corrin and Fae to be able to take hits from melee and magical attacks.

• F!Corrin is +Atk -Res. Would having -HP be better for F!Corrin's survivability even though it's a -4 HP reduction? 
  • Fae is +Res -HP. Should I change it to +Def and -HP? I don't have a +Atk -HP Fae.

What do you guys think?

1 hour ago, twinbladex said:

I have Fury 3 for both but they lose HP way too fast.

What mode are you using them in?

If you use them in Arena, the HP loss does not really matter since battles are over very quickly. If you are having issues with sustainability even in short battles like Arena, then you may want to consider Triangle Adept on one or more of your dragons.

Sustainability is only an issue in Arena if you rely on stalling and walling tactics. I discourage those tactics since half dead enemies will have their Specials charged, Vantage activated, and Wings of Mercy ready from their teammates. Killing things as soon as possible is much safer, as the longer you drag the battle out, the more chances there will be for mistakes to happen.

For non PvP modes, enemies generally are not as obnoxiously built so you can run whatever build you want.

• Brazen Atk/Def 3 for F!Corrin 
  • Earth Boost 3 for Fae

Practically speaking, Brazen does not work with Quick Riposte since getting the unit to stay between 75% and 80% HP is difficult. Earth Boost is too reliant on HP, and the boost it gives is insignificant compared to Fury, as Fury's additional Atk/Spd/Res boost are kind of crucial. I personally would not use them over Fury, but you can test them out and see if they fit your play style more.

For the IVs, ideally I want F!Corrin and Fae to be able to take hits from melee and magical attacks.

• F!Corrin is +Atk -Res. Would having -HP be better for F!Corrin's survivability even though it's a -4 HP reduction? 
  • Fae is +Res -HP. Should I change it to +Def and -HP? I don't have a +Atk -HP Fae.

In my opinion, F!Corrin's Res is not high enough to matter. She is going to die if a blue mage doubles her. Since F!Corrin is pretty fast, she is better off being a Spd tank to avoid doubles as she still got enough bulk to take one hit even if she cannot take two.

[+Def, -HP] is fine for Fae, but you may also want to consider Spd stacking her, as she can easily reach 40 Spd with [+Spd, Spd Refinement, Fury, Speed +3]. Since Fae is in the 3* pool now, it should not be too difficult to get any nature you want.

+Spd is a better than +Atk for a generalist Enemy Phase Fae since the extra Spd helps Fae avoid a lot of doubles. +Atk is better on Fae running Triangle Adept since there is no point in avoiding doubles from blues if they deal little to no damage. If you are going with Triangle Adept, you may also want to consider -Spd so Fae can activate Moonbow/Glimmer in her first round of combat from being doubled.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

If you mean lacking a defensive Enemy Phase team, Ward Armor and Ward Dragon teams are also great at clearing out content. Since you got FH!Robin, Zelgius, and Effie, it looks like you are all set for an armor team, although Effie might require Distant Counter to really make things easy. I throw Reinhardt, BH!Lyn, and Olivia at everything, but sometimes that does not work and I use my Distant Counter Ward Armor team instead with Effie, Sheena, and Zephiel.

Zelgius is -Def, also did I mention I have Hardin Spd+ Res- and H!Henry Spd+ Atk-? Still, I need to learn how to use armor teams well first, I feel like I'm still missing key components from it, like Hector. He is also the only source of Distant Counter as I checked, and my favourite lord from Blazing Sword. Training them was never the issue, Hardin got Lv40 in less than 20 minutes without using a single crystal. Utilizing them well together is the part I need to learn, or find some passives to make them stronger.

As for Reinhardt and Brave Lyn in the same team, that's usually I don't like to face, but once they are in range, they are easy to get rid of. I'm not sure if that's a good choice for defense, but I'll give it a try. Ike, Fjorm, Lyn and S!Kagero took defense so far, due to being higher level than the rest of my party. But getting defense points still seems to be luck based.

1 hour ago, Garlyle said:

As for Reinhardt and Brave Lyn in the same team, that's usually I don't like to face, but once they are in range, they are easy to get rid of. I'm not sure if that's a good choice for defense, but I'll give it a try. Ike, Fjorm, Lyn and S!Kagero took defense so far, due to being higher level than the rest of my party. But getting defense points still seems to be luck based.

Any enemy is easy to kill once they are in range. However, what ranged cavalry has over other classes is their massive attack range to exploit and punish players who make positioning mistakes. It is much easier to beat noobs and sloppy players than it is to attempt to beat veterans and thorough players.

The purpose of a defense team is to secure you at least 1 win per week, and achieving that is a lot easier if you exploit noobs and sloppy players. Securing wins in every battle and beating good players are definitely not the purposes of a defense team, and trying to secure wins that way is much more difficult.

Edited by XRay

9 hours ago, Khid said:

You can't really compare those two weapons, since everything plays totally different to Firesweep. Like @XRay wrote, Wing Sword is perfect for Caeda since her high speed gives her a faster charged special against most opponents. Galeforce, Glacies, AoE specials and Aether proc pretty fast. Effectiveness against armors and Cavs further evens out her low ATK value. 

Since also her RES is high, I highly consider her for my last DC fodder, a rare and important skill in my baracks. 

Edited by mampfoid

So I got 2 Brave Ikes with bad natures that I'll make into Steady Breath fodder, problem is that I'm not really sure which units would like it apart from Nowi (and I won't give it to her as she already has Fury and TA and I have no plans on merging her to +10). Would a +Atk -Res Nephenee work well with it? What about a +Atk -Spd Dorcas?

Guys, I'm wondering what C/S skill should I give to my Roy once he gets enough merges (4) to replace M!Marth in my Arena team. I have Drive Atk fodder (4* B!Marth) and Drive Speed fodder (Tailtiu). Combined with Drive Atk Sacred Seal, and knowing that his teammates (at least on Fjorm weeks) would be B!Ike, Niles and Fjorm, would you go Drive Atk/Spe 2 or Drive Atk 4?

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

So I got 2 Brave Ikes with bad natures that I'll make into Steady Breath fodder, problem is that I'm not really sure which units would like it apart from Nowi (and I won't give it to her as she already has Fury and TA and I have no plans on merging her to +10). Would a +Atk -Res Nephenee work well with it? What about a +Atk -Spd Dorcas?

I would prioritize Steady Breath/Warding Breath recipients along something like this:

1. Fae*, F!Kana, Nowi*, FH!Robin
Loli dragons and generation 2 dragons running Distant Counter breaths can hit 2 range opponents harder as well as having a better score. With that being said, you may want to hold off on giving Fae Steady Breath since she might get an exclusive Weapon in the future like Y!Tiki, so Fae may be better off with Distant Counter in that scenario. The same applies to Nowi, but it seems like you do not want to invest anymore more into her so it does not really matter.

2. F!Corrin, M!Kana
These two do not score as high, with F!Corrin lacking BST and M!Kana lacking merges.

3. Y!Tiki, Fae*, Nowi*
A!Tiki and Myrrh function better with their exclusive Weapons, so they should stick with Distant Counter on their A slot in my opinion. However, Y!Tiki can go with either Fog of Breath or Lightning Breath; Fog of Breath is better with Goad Dragons support, while Lightning Breath is better when Y!Tiki needs to operate more independently.

4. Dorcas, Fjorm, Hardin, Zelgius

5. Black Knight, Ike, Ryoma

I personally would not give Steady Breath/Warding Breath to other melee units since they work so well with Distant Counter Weapons. You get way more value out of those two skills when the unit can counter attack in both range.

4 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Guys, I'm wondering what C/S skill should I give to my Roy once he gets enough merges (4) to replace M!Marth in my Arena team. I have Drive Atk fodder (4* B!Marth) and Drive Speed fodder (Tailtiu). Combined with Drive Atk Sacred Seal, and knowing that his teammates (at least on Fjorm weeks) would be B!Ike, Niles and Fjorm, would you go Drive Atk/Spe 2 or Drive Atk 4?

I would go with Drive Spd 2-Drive Atk 2. Fjorm and Niles would really appreciate the Spd buff to prevent being doubled. Niles especially needs all the Spd and/or Res he can get, assuming you are using him as a counter against busted mages like Ishtar and WOT!Olwen.

Edited by XRay

Hey question for those who use Camilla and her refine.  I have pulled several of them recently, one of them being +atk/-HP which is supposedly one of her best natures.  Is she worth the 20k feathers to promote to 5 stars.  Is the refine worth the 200 dew as well.

I have NY Azura, Myrrh, Cherche, Minerva as my green fliers fully built.  Michealis is also sitting there halfway built.  Camilla seems very different than these others, and the thought of a cavalier/flier combo team is exciting, though I don't know if it really works in practice.

7 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Hey question for those who use Camilla and her refine.  I have pulled several of them recently, one of them being +atk/-HP which is supposedly one of her best natures.  Is she worth the 20k feathers to promote to 5 stars.  Is the refine worth the 200 dew as well.

I have NY Azura, Myrrh, Cherche, Minerva as my green fliers fully built.  Michealis is also sitting there halfway built.  Camilla seems very different than these others, and the thought of a cavalier/flier combo team is exciting, though I don't know if it really works in practice.

Depends on her teammates. In my opinion, her ideal teammates would be with WOF!Hinoka and BB!Ninian. She is still useful with other ranged fliers, but WOF!Hinoka running Firesweep Bow with BB!Ninian as Dancing support is the most broken team composition I can think of. She can work with melee fliers too, but it might be slightly more difficult for her buffs to reach her melee teammates depending on your play style.

As for her nature, +Spd would be the best nature in most cases in my opinion, so I would wait a little longer and see if you can get that. For +Atk to be better than +Spd, she would require Spd Refinement instead of special Refinement, as well as having at least Hone Fliers.

Camilla -Res
Camilla's Axe [Spd], Moonbow
Swift Sparrow, Desperation
Speed +3
Enemies +5, +Spd, Moonbow, Fury
Player Phase [+Atk] 60:17:182
Player Phase [+Spd] 66:13:180
Player Phase [+Atk, Camilla's Axe [Spd][Enabled]] 121:13:125
Player Phase [+Spd, Camilla's Axe [Spd][Enabled]] 142:13:104
Player Phase [+Atk, Hone Fliers] 162:12:85
Player Phase [+Spd, Hone Fliers] 162:13:84
Player Phase [+Atk, Camilla's Axe [Spd][Enabled], Hone Fliers] 210:11:38
Player Phase [+Spd, Camilla's Axe [Spd][Enabled], Hone Fliers] 196:12:51

Camilla -Res
Camilla's Axe [special], Moonbow
Speed +3
Player Phase [+Atk] 41:41:177
Player Phase [+Spd] 44:25:190
Player Phase [+Atk, Camilla's Axe [special][Enabled]] 87:23:149
Player Phase [+Spd, Camilla's Axe [special][Enabled]] 103:21:135
Player Phase [+Atk, Hone Fliers] 117:20:122
Player Phase [+Spd, Hone Fliers] 138:21:100
Player Phase [+Atk, Camilla's Axe [special][Enabled], Hone Fliers] 195:19:45
Player Phase [+Spd, Camilla's Axe [special][Enabled], Hone Fliers] 196:20:43

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Depends on her teammates. In my opinion, her ideal teammates would be with WOF!Hinoka and BB!Ninian. She is still useful with other ranged fliers, but WOF!Hinoka running Firesweep Bow with BB!Ninian as Dancing support is the most broken team composition I can think of. She can work with melee fliers too, but it might be slightly more difficult for her buffs to reach her melee teammates depending on your play style.

As for her nature, +Spd would be the best nature in most cases in my opinion, so I would wait a little longer and see if you can get that. For +Atk to be better than +Spd, she would require Spd Refinement instead of special Refinement, as well as having at least Hone Fliers.

Camilla -Res
Camilla's Axe [Spd], Moonbow
Speed +3
Player Phase [+Atk] 60:17:182
Player Phase [+Spd] 66:13:180
Player Phase [+Atk, Camilla's Axe [Spd][Enabled]] 121:13:125
Player Phase [+Spd, Camilla's Axe [Spd][Enabled]] 142:13:104
Player Phase [+Atk, Hone Fliers] 162:12:85
Player Phase [+Spd, Hone Fliers] 162:13:84
Player Phase [+Atk, Camilla's Axe [Spd][Enabled], Hone Fliers] 210:11:38
Player Phase [+Spd, Camilla's Axe [Spd][Enabled], Hone Fliers] 196:12:51

Camilla -Res
Camilla's Axe [Special], Moonbow
Speed +3
Player Phase [+Atk] 41:41:177
Player Phase [+Spd] 44:25:190
Player Phase [+Atk, Camilla's Axe [Spd][Enabled]] 87:23:149
Player Phase [+Spd, Camilla's Axe [Spd][Enabled]] 103:21:135
Player Phase [+Atk, Hone Fliers] 117:20:122
Player Phase [+Spd, Hone Fliers] 138:21:100
Player Phase [+Atk, Camilla's Axe [Spd][Enabled], Hone Fliers] 195:19:45
Player Phase [+Spd, Camilla's Axe [Spd][Enabled], Hone Fliers] 196:20:43

Wow thanks for the calculations and explanation.  I do have BB Ninian, but I don't have WF Hinoka.  My only other ranged flier is Spring Kagero.  So +spd is better, I guess that was also what the gamepedia and gamepress say also. With triple goad she would have +16atk/+20spd (Ninian weapon) though so speed would be at 52, is that not enough?  Or is it more cause it makes her too reliant on having all her teammates in range.  I've never run a goad flier team.  

4 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Wow thanks for the calculations and explanation.  I do have BB Ninian, but I don't have WF Hinoka.  My only other ranged flier is Spring Kagero.  So +spd is better, I guess that was also what the gamepedia and gamepress say also. With triple goad she would have +16atk/+20spd (Ninian weapon) though so speed would be at 52, is that not enough?  Or is it more cause it makes her too reliant on having all her teammates in range.  I've never run a goad flier team.  

I generally would not count on having more than one teammate nearby for buffs for Player Phase units, as they need to break formation to attack. so you cannot always assume she would be in range of the buffs. On the other hand, Ward Armor and Ward Dragon teams can be safe to assume to have double or triple buffs active since they tend to stick together.

I personally find Hone Flier to be easier to use than Goad Flier since you are not as reliant on positioning.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I generally would not count on having more than one teammate nearby for buffs for Player Phase units, as they need to break formation to attack. so you cannot always assume she would be in range of the buffs. On the other hand, Ward Armor and Ward Dragon teams can be safe to assume to have double or triple buffs active since they tend to stick together.

I personally find Hone Flier to be easier to use than Goad Flier since you are not as reliant on positioning.

Yeah I generally prefer hone/fortify for everything except armor, fliers and horses strength is their mobility and goad teams well makes that very awkward.  Anyways, I only have NY Azura as my only hone flier.  Never pulled Hinoka, or Halloween Nowi.  God that skill is so rare, I would love to make more flier teams.  Optimizing armors is the ultimate whale emblem, however just running any sort of basic flying emblem is the most expensive of the emblem squads.  Armors have all their buffs on 3/4 star units, same with horses.  Flyers has the best buff 5 star locked and only on one unit in the regular summoning pool.  Hopefully sometime in the future it changes.

@XRay Thanks! I only pulled 1 Shigure anyway so Slaying Lance it is.

Another question- Does Warding Blow (or its variants like Mirror Strike) reduce Breath damage? Just wondering because refined Breaths target Def, they're still technically Res attacks right?

Just kind of curious because I pulled a +Def/-Res Julia. Just wondering if it's worth using an Oliver's Mirror Strike to reduce refined breath damage or not (no Death Blows in barracks).

Or I could just use Fury but I'm still curious how the +Res Blow skills affect refined breaths.

Also for -Res, is Iceberg still a good special or should I go with Glimmer to defeat dragons ASAP?

Still a bit torn on B skill, I have Quick Riposte so far. Unsure if Guard would be good for her (G Tomebreaker is an option I guess but I have limited Henrys right now, too)

@Zangetsu Desperation stacking with Sol Katti shouldn't matter, Lyn wants better B skills and has no use for Desperation 3. Meme option at best. Refined Sol Katti has Desperation 3 anyway, and Lyn really needs her B skill to be more effective.

@Rhessaw I think go with +Spd/-Res. Spd is always nice and her base Spd isn't terribly low for it to not matter. Her Res is pretty good as well even with -Res. 

If you go -HP it's sort of saying you have -3 Def and -3 Res at the same time (although it's 'balanced' by the +Def) - unless you give her HP+3 sacred seal athough there are better options for SS like Distant Defense or a Ploy. 

Edited by mcsilas

18 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Does Desperation stack with Sol Katti?

With an unrefined Sol Katti, Desperation 3 as B will take precedence and activate at 75% HP.

With a refined Sol Katti, Desperation 3 as B will be wasted as Sol Katti’s inbuilt Desperation already activated at 75% HP.

In other words, don’t give Lyn Desperation.

Say, is Mirror Stance useful on Deirdre? It would place her firmly in the anti-mage role, but I feel it synergies well with Quick Ripost. Mine is +Def-Hp, which doesn’t affect her major stats.