"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

48 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

@XRay, @Ice Dragon, would it be overkill to give Chill Res to any debuffer such as Saias? Or could it be useful to give it (and/or Chill Def from Walhart) to Arena Core units to babysit the bonus unit?

For babysitting,  I prefer Chill Atk or Chill Spd since it works whether or not your bonus unit is physical or magical. Chill Def is a little more useful than Chill Res in my opinion since all the Askr Trio and Fjorm are physical.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys tks for the light! rly! ^^

@mampfoid  I made a defense team based on that with bLyn/Perf.Azura/LTiki/Veronica but i don´t know if the other will cooperate with tiki (maybe armored boots in the future for her, but then i want to use tiki outside other content and this skill will no go well in a full armored team/shes going too far ahead of the pack)

@XRay The problem is that my fodder are one each of everything so no way to get +10 with these characters in the near future hell even +3 is HARD!

I was using sigurd to somehow take the role of a tank and be the bait at the start because he was the only one resisting some maps turn one bait. Don´t know if there is a true tank in the cavalry pool that can do that better and still use a full cavalry team (maybe a full one rly is not a good idea after all)

11 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

The problem is that my fodder are one each of everything so no way to get +10 with these characters in the near future hell even +3 is HARD!

Getting Draug, Effie, and Sheena to +10 is much easier than getting 5* exclusive armors to +10. Quick Riposte is also relatively common with Subaki and Klein carrying it, so you do not need Vengeful Fighter. The only 5* units you need to summon are 3 Hectors, so each of your armor can get Distant Counter.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

Getting Draug, Effie, and Sheena to +10 is much easier than getting 5* exclusive armors to +10. Quick Riposte is also relatively common with Subaki and Klein carrying it, so you do not need Vengeful Fighter. The only 5* units you need to summon are 3 Hectors, so each of your armor can get Distant Counter.

Ok...But mannnn it will be hard to let go of these units Ç_Ç XD

For now i will climb ranks using these 5* and at the side will build some 4*+ team...I think this will be ok...And im still in my first week of game and arena rank so not even near to hit the ceiling of my team.

Edited by Eilanzer

12 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

Ok...But mannnn it will be hard to let go of these units Ç_Ç XD

For now i will climb ranks using these 5* and at the side will build some 4*+ team...I think this will be ok...And im still in my first week of game and arena rank so not even near to hit the ceiling of my team.

Yeah, there's no need to worry about optimizing your team just yet. Use whoever you like and whoever works until you hit your ceiling, but do make sure to keep enough stuff lying around to transition once you get there.

It's also worth suggesting that you take a look at our Arena discussion thread, where a bunch of us typically report our performance each week and what our teams look like. There's a huge variety in the teams that get used and still manage to stay in the Tier 19-21 range, so you shouldn't feel too restricted in your team composition to get there.

Do know that it is definitely much harder to build teams of 5-star-exclusive characters for high-end play simply due to how hard it is to obtain multiple copies of them.

53 minutes ago, XRay said:

if you're lucky to get them :( 
I've finally started to get Draug. I lucked out on one Effie and 1 3 Star Sheena. 
i think i might be the only one who really doesn't mind armour emblem and i v. rarely get them

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

if you're lucky to get them :( 
I've finally started to get Draug. I lucked out on one Effie and 1 3 Star Sheena. 
i think i might be the only one who really doesn't mind armour emblem and i v. rarely get them

It does take a while, but it is a far shorter wait than trying to get 11 copies of each 5* exclusive unit if you are not pay to play. Going the 5* exclusive route takes somewhere around maybe $3,000, although it will be lower if you take into account free Orbs. If you want the perfect nature though, it may take more than $3,000. Trying to get BB!Cordelia with +Atk took me well over $1,000 until I almost got 20 copies of her.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

It does take a while, but it is a far shorter wait than trying to get 11 copies of each 5* exclusive unit if you are not pay to play. Going the 5* exclusive route takes somewhere around maybe $3,000, although it will be lower if you take into account free Orbs. If you want the perfect nature though, it may take more than $3,000. Trying to get BB!Cordelia with +Atk took me well over $1,000 until I almost got 20 copies of her.

this is v. true. 
also. oi. but at least you finally got her. :) i just figure for me, i'll just be happy with what i have. they'll eventually hit hard enough haha

1 minute ago, XRay said:

holy jesus, ok THAT is scary! XD

6 hours ago, XRay said:

In addition to what @mampfoid said, I do not recommend investing in any 5* exclusive unit for your main Arena team as a free player since you are not likely to obtain lots of merge fodder for them

Zephiel, L!Hector and L!Tiki only need Assist skills. Wouldn't call that an investment. 

Of course I'm not suggesting he should merge them. But as long as you gain tiers without merges, this team will be more or less optimal. 

1 hour ago, Eilanzer said:

@mampfoid  I made a defense team based on that with bLyn/Perf.Azura/LTiki/Veronica but i don´t know if the other will cooperate with tiki (maybe armored boots in the future for her, but then i want to use tiki outside other content and this skill will no go well in a full armored team/shes going too far ahead of the pack)

Sounds like a good defensive team. Perhaps give Wings of Mercy (from Frederick, Palla or Cain) to Azura, she'll beam to injured allies and give them another turn. 

Usually Cavs go ahead and the rest (infantry, armors) beam in to surprise the sh*t out of your fellow tacticians. 

Don't worry too much about merges before you reach tier 18-19 in arena. Highly merged units are long time projects (if you don't want to invest real money in 5* exclusive merges), because you need the copies and the feathers. 4*+10 units are a good temporary measure, but you should only merge units at 4*  if you never want to merge those at 5* (because obviously getting 21 copies of one unit is harder than getting 11). 

17 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Zephiel, L!Hector and L!Tiki only need Assist skills. Wouldn't call that an investment. 

Of course I'm not suggesting he should merge them. But as long as you gain tiers without merges, this team will be more or less optimal. 

Sounds like a good defensive team. Perhaps give Wings of Mercy (from Frederick, Palla or Cain) to Azura, she'll beam to injured allies and give them another turn. 

Usually Cavs go ahead and the rest (infantry, armors) beam in to surprise the sh*t out of your fellow tacticians. 

Don't worry too much about merges before you reach tier 18-19 in arena. Highly merged units are long time projects (if you don't want to invest real money in 5* exclusive merges), because you need the copies and the feathers. 4*+10 units are a good temporary measure, but you should only merge units at 4*  if you never want to merge those at 5* (because obviously getting 21 copies of one unit is harder than getting 11). 

To be fair i think i will stick to what i have of 5*...Improve to the max (with skills, not merge) and get to whatever rank it can get me without much care.

I was looking at stuff you guys said and then i found speed/bane to get the max bst exist and jesus...it´s hard to get a copy of a 3*,4* sheena/draug/gwen but on top of that you need to get a +speed/-hp iv to increase bst O_o

I understand that at long long future this will be the endgame, but for now bother with this kind of stuff just lessen the fun for me. (i will reserve these units tough XD)

@mampfoid GREAT tip, wings of mercy 3 made my Azura a monster!

Edited by Eilanzer

4 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

I was looking at stuff you guys said and then i found speed/bane to get the max bst exist and jesus...it´s hard to get a copy of a 3*,4* sheena/draug/gwen but on top of that you need to get a +speed/-hp iv to increase bst O_o

I wouldn't care too much about BST when regarding natures. Just watch what will make the unit stronger. Arena score is capped, if your armor unit loses a BST bin because of its nature, you can make it up with SP expensive skills. 

I've never merged an armor unit and arrived in tier 21 three times regardless. My core is Cordelia +10, Cherche +10 and M!Marth +8. Perhaps they won't last there for long due to inflation, but for me it was always important to merge only units I like and units which are fun to play. 

10 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

I understand that at long long future this will be the endgame, but for now bother with this kind of stuff just lessen the fun for me. (i will reserve these units tough XD)

"end-game" for arena doesn't necessary mean the strongest units for all content. A +10 Draug won't help you more than a merged Flying/Cav or ranged unit in PvE content.

Also IS introduced skills that will allow low BST units getting high BST scores with the muspel generals banner. If you start now a +10 Draug, could happen that IS will spoil your plans to reach tier 21 by changing the rules with new skills. 

17 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

oh this is an idea.. .. thanks for this. :) (suddenly hoping for more Palla/Cain fodder..) 
(i'm not touching my Freddybear unless i have to!) 

right now, I'm basically training up a lot of my heavier hitting units to tackle more of the orbs i can't touch (basically a lot of book 2 - and maybe even start doing arena assault etc),. but i am actually in dire need of more feathers. i was trying to work out on who is the necessity to promote first and I realise that i do have some blue smackers, but i am woefully low on axe (or green). Cherche (for the air) and Freddy for Calvary is the answer. (and Nino for infantry magic) but just the amount of feathers i need to promote all of them. 

also - a question for the ground. Which archer would be the best to invest in

Klein (I have a few copies.... even though i dumby put one in a combat manual)
Rebecca (I have 2) or
Clarisse (I have 2). 

I just realise i really need to work on my Colourless attackers. they are so needed for some missions. (I'm gonna work on a Felicia for Daggers) :) )

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

oh this is an idea.. .. thanks for this. :) (suddenly hoping for more Palla/Cain fodder..) 
(i'm not touching my Freddybear unless i have to!) 

Cain is most precious fodder to me, since I need WoM for my one-turn clears. 

3 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

right now, I'm basically training up a lot of my heavier hitting units to tackle more of the orbs i can't touch (basically a lot of book 2 - and maybe even start doing arena assault etc),. but i am actually in dire need of more feathers. i was trying to work out on who is the necessity to promote first and I realise that i do have some blue smackers, but i am woefully low on axe (or green). Cherche (for the air) and Freddy for Calvary is the answer. (and Nino for infantry magic) but just the amount of feathers i need to promote all of them. 

You can gain feathers in VGs, TTs, CCs or by HM grinding:

6 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

also - a question for the ground. Which archer would be the best to invest in

Klein (I have a few copies.... even though i dumby put one in a combat manual)
Rebecca (I have 2) or
Clarisse (I have 2). 

I just realise i really need to work on my Colourless attackers. they are so needed for some missions. (I'm gonna work on a Felicia for Daggers) :) )

I wouldn't merge any of them, but Klein is definitely worth the raise to 5*. He'll solve a lot of content for you with his base kit and a dancer. If you ever get a stronger Archer (+ATK Leon, BB!Cordelia, LA!Roy), you can happily pass both Brave+ and DB3 to them from that Klein. 

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Cain is most precious fodder to me, since I need WoM for my one-turn clears. 

You can gain feathers in VGs, TTs, CCs or by HM grinding:

I wouldn't merge any of them, but Klein is definitely worth the raise to 5*. He'll solve a lot of content for you with his base kit and a dancer. If you ever get a stronger Archer (+ATK Leon, BB!Cordelia, LA!Roy), you can happily pass both Brave+ and DB3 to them from that Klein. 

thanks for this! i'll watch this video when i get home. 
do have one LA!Roy!  I'm not sure of his IVs. (he's good until he's not, so i just run My Horse!Lyn instead). 

Alrighty :) thanks!  (I'll check to see what Leon i have), so either way having a good archer at 5* will be cool. :) you're a peach!

7 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

thanks for this! i'll watch this video when i get home. 
do have one LA!Roy!  I'm not sure of his IVs. (he's good until he's not, so i just run My Horse!Lyn instead). 

Alrighty :) thanks!  (I'll check to see what Leon i have), so either way having a good archer at 5* will be cool. :) you're a peach!

Well, the video basically tells you how to set up a team that can auto-resolve Rival domains this week. You will fail to get the RD rewards, but you will gain HM with every run. You can repeatedly hit the button, or setup a virtual machine on your Windows/Intel PC to do the job for you:

(Mind that using bots may violate IS' rules/terms of conditions). 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Well, the video basically tells you how to set up a team that can auto-resolve Rival domains this week. You will fail to get the RD rewards, but you will gain HM with every run. You can repeatedly hit the button, or setup a virtual machine on your Windows/Intel PC to do the job for you:

(Mind that using bots may violate IS' rules/terms of conditions). 

right. i couldn't do it anyway). but i can figure out how to get more HM and poof. feathers :)

5 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

LA!Roy is basically Reinhardt. If you want to screw with educate careless players in Arena Assault, put him with Cancel Affinity on a defense team. You may get free wins while doing other players a disservice favor by reminding them to check enemies' skills before sending in a Raven mage to tank archers. It is a win-losewin situation!

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

LA!Roy is basically Reinhardt. If you want to screw with educate careless players in Arena Assault, put him with Cancel Affinity on a defense team. You may get free wins while doing other players a disservice favor by reminding them to check enemies' skills before sending in a Raven mage to tank archers. It is a win-losewin situation!

it's this guy right?
https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/hero/roy-la

Because if so - i DO have him. I think he was my freebee on the valentine calendar. 
Which Reinhardt? Sword or Tome? I'm building up a Tome one :) He is kinda tanky and deadly.

19 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

it's this guy right?
https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/hero/roy-la

Because if so - i DO have him. I think he was my freebee on the valentine calendar. 
Which Reinhardt? Sword or Tome? I'm building up a Tome one :) He is kinda tanky and deadly.

Yes. LA!Roy is basically Reinhardt, but hits Def instead of Res. He is great with Brave Bow. He can run the same set as Reinhardt, [+Atk, Brave Bow, Moonbow, Death Blow, Hone Cavalry, Heavy Blade/Quickened Pulse]. For his B slot, other than Cancel Affinity, he can run any Breaker, Chill Def, Dull Ranged, Pass, and the almighty Wings of Mercy. Both can also run Desperation-Brash Assault, but not at the same time, since there is only one Brash Assault Sacred Seal and there is no Desperation Sacred Seal yet.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Yes. LA!Roy is basically Reinhardt, but hits Def instead of Res. He is great with Brave Bow. He can run the same set as Reinhardt, [+Atk, Brave Bow, Moonbow, Death Blow, Hone Cavalry, Heavy Blade/Quickened Pulse]. For his B slot, other than Cancel Affinity, he can run any Breaker, Chill Def, Dull Ranged, Pass, and the almighty Wings of Mercy. Both can also run Desperation-Brash Assault, but not at the same time, since there is only one Brash Assault Sacred Seal and there is no Desperation Sacred Seal yet.

ooohoo thank you. (I really just discovered that you can actually... change skills and stuff (like they don't have to be married to what the game gives them. who knew, obviously everyone but me!). I'll have to dig up who i can give up a moonbow (i think i got another Palla, i can give up the goad fliers), I can't see who needs Athena's Wo Dao right now (I already gave Olivia one) so she could do it too.. 

will play with this when i get home :) 

Whenever I'm watching YouTubers summon, they seem to know the rarity before they actually see the unit. ...How? I get that there's supposed to be some visual cues or something

2 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

Whenever I'm watching YouTubers summon, they seem to know the rarity before they actually see the unit. ...How? I get that there's supposed to be some visual cues or something

I think smoke/fog/exhaust appear at the bottom of the rock when it is 5*?

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

4-star or higher.

I see. Is there anything that differentiates 4* from 5*?