"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

How do most people build Halloween Henry and V Lyn? I"m still trying to come up with a solid set for TOD Henry, but nothing good is coming up, due to them being speedy armor units, meaning that it's difficult for them to be doubled on the enemy phase.

The typical sets are

Blarowl+ / Gronnowl+ [Def / Spd (with Special Fighter)]
Swap
Iceberg
Close Counter
Vengeful Fighter 3 / Bold Fighter 3 / Special Fighter 3
[flexible passive C]
Close Def 3 (with Vengeful Fighter) / Quick Riposte 3 (with Bold Fighter or Special Fighter) / [flexible]

and

Blarblade+ / Gronnblade+
Swap
Moonbow
Death Blow 4 / Death Blow 3
Bold Fighter 3
[flexible passive C]
Attack +3 / [flexible]

though you can mix and match a bit depending on how player-phase- or enemy-phase-focused you want the set to be.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Astellius said:

Glad you like it! It's a fun set on the manaketes. As for where to put QR on her, really, either the SS or the B-passive are good options, so go with whichever you prefer. One advantage to using the QR seal is that it frees up her B-passive to run Guard, which helps her out against common threats in the Arena, like Bold Fighter Zelgius. Being able to block out large burst damage from specials really helps her survivability, especially in the upper echelons. Hence this is a particularly good option if she's in your core Arena team, or if you were thinking of adding her to it.

The advantage to using QR as the B-passive, however, is that it frees up her SS slot to run something that will bolster her defenses, such as Distant or Close Def. You might find this more useful in some of the more difficult PvE content, where the enemies have vastly inflated stats.

Good points, I'll try and get Guard on her for the time being since that would be a good help in Arena, but I'll also keep in mind Distant and Close Def once I have a QR fodder~ Thanks for the tips!

Casual here, but looking to get more involved in the game.  So I had a couple general questions on how to approach building towards endgame.

- how do I weigh the importance of sending Allies home for feathers or keeping them for skill inheriting?  Massive research to see if the skill is worth inheriting, based on my team rotation?  

- I guess recently they removed the lvl20 requirement for Unlocking Potential.  My question was GOING to be is there a point to leveling a 4* beyond 20?  But now my question is, is there a point to leveling a 4* at all?  

- how easy are feathers to come by?  I have already Unlock Potentialed on I want to say 3* to 4* twice and 4* to 5* twice, w/o really paying attention to cost, until my most recent one (a 4-star to 5-star).  It hit me that feathers may actually be much tougher to get than I had thought when I wasn't paying attention to the Unlock Potential costs.

Anyway, I ask all of this in order to sort of...triage my resources and plans on who I want to get to 5-stars.  I currently have 5 5*s and another 5-7ish 4*s I like.  But I'm thinking I should just focus on my 5*s still I save up enough feathers again to boost another 4* to 5*?  Is that a reasonable approach?  Or should I still play my 4*s for whatever reason?

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Dr. Cheesesteak said:

- how do I weigh the importance of sending Allies home for feathers or keeping them for skill inheriting?  Massive research to see if the skill is worth inheriting, based on my team rotation?  

Research to see if the skill is worth keeping, mostly.

Some skills are available from multiple characters with only a few of them having the third-tier skill available without a promotion to 5-star rarity. For example, Life and Death is available on both Hana and Sothe, but Sothe has access to Life and Death 3 at 4-star rarity whereas Hana needs to be promoted to 5-star rarity to access Life and Death 3. If you know you'll be pulling enough colorless units to have enough copies of Sothe, you can safely send home copies of Hana, but if you won't, then you may want to keep them.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Cheesesteak said:

- I guess recently they removed the lvl20 requirement for Unlocking Potential.  My question was GOING to be is there a point to leveling a 4* beyond 20?  But now my question is, is there a point to leveling a 4* at all?  

Many low-budget and free-to-play players will create +10 merged versions of 4-star characters because their stats are comparable to a +5 5-star character, but are much cheaper to make.

Also, leveling up units gives them SP and can make it easier to get a lot of SP on a character you want to build. Furthermore, because lower-rarity units have a wider range of enemy levels that give them SP on a kill, it's easier to grind SP on a unit at lower rarities.

Other than that, there's generally no reason to level up a lower-rarity unit.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Cheesesteak said:

- how easy are feathers to come by?  I have already Unlock Potentialed on I want to say 3* to 4* twice and 4* to 5* twice, w/o really paying attention to cost, until my most recent one (a 4-star to 5-star).  It hit me that feathers may actually be much tougher to get than I had thought when I wasn't paying attention to the Unlock Potential costs.

I'll leave this question to the free-to-play players here, who probably have a better idea of how many free feathers are available each month.

4 hours ago, Dr. Cheesesteak said:

thanks for the replies, I'll review them in full in a bit, but wanted to follow up real quick - where can I buy feathers in the Shop?  I only see Orbs as a purchasable thing.  

Monthly packs include feathers every now and then but I’m not sure when this is going to be next time.

Otherwise, it can be thought that feathers are bought indirectly via buying orbs to summon heroes to send home for feathers. Ridiculously expensive, though.

16 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

+Atk is slightly better, but the two are similar enough that it shouldn't matter. A lot of his builds optimize with his Sacred Seal slot being the other of the two stats anyways.

With Litrblade weapons, +Atk is typically the safer of the two options to aim for a one-hit kill against more opponents.

If it really doesn't matter then I'm going for +SPD & give Odin Darting Blow.

Thanks for answering, it makes the decision that much easier.

6 hours ago, Dr. Cheesesteak said:

thanks for the replies, I'll review them in full in a bit, but wanted to follow up real quick - where can I buy feathers in the Shop?  I only see Orbs as a purchasable thing.  

The monthly special deal occasionally comes with feathers as its bonus item. Otherwise, you can buy a limited quantity of feathers from the Nintendo Points shop, which can be accessed from the button on the top-right corner (the one with the Askr emblem on it) when checking your list of Missions and Quests.

As I pulled a Karla and have no interest to use her. There are some units in my barrack who will eat this girl but I'm not sure who want it the most. Can you guys give me some of your thought?

@Zeo @mcsilas @mampfoid @Xenomata

1. Summer Gaius (+Atk/-Def): He will get Even Spd Wave to increase his ability to follow up attack. His build will be like this...

Spoiler

Firesweep Bow

Glacies

Swift Sparrow

Chill Def

Even Spd wave

Flashing Blade Seal

2. Summer Ryoma(-HP/+Spd): He is super speedy. Fastest dancer I ever have. He will enjoy Even Spd Wave too. 

3. Vector (-HP/+Def): being -HP is really good because he will reach Wrath range more easily. Double Wrath will make him Bonfire every turn on Wrath mode. And I will never run BF or VF on him because double Wrath is unique to him.

I'm open if you guys will suggest other units too. But for now only these 3 are in my thought.

@Ginko

I've never pulled Summer Ryoma so don't have much experience with him, but ideally he'd never want to see combat anyway. Spd Wave is kind of iffy, especially since it only works half the time. 

Similarly, I don't have as much experience with Summer Gaius, but I guess I'd rather run Spd Tactic but I guess the Wave is less team-specific so if you really like using him that works. 

Personally I'd go with double Wrath Vector, since as you said, it is unique to him (and OG Hector) and it sounds so brokenly fun. 

20 minutes ago, Ginko said:

1. Summer Gaius (+Atk/-Def): He will get Even Spd Wave to increase his ability to follow up attack. His build will be like this...

Hide contents

Firesweep Bow

Glacies

Swift Sparrow

Chill Def

Even Spd wave

Flashing Blade Seal

I would swap out Swift Sparrow for Life and Death since it is cheaper and you are not running Ploys. I would also swap Glacies for Luna as Luna deals more damage against bulkier opponents and it triggers faster (Glacies 28*0.8=17; Luna 34*0.5=17).

Waves are unreliable in my opinion, since you can already have Dancers/Singers provide constant buffs, but it should be fine as long as the AI is not pressuring too hard or if you are not running Dancers/Singers. I prefer Spd Smoke so the whole team can take advantage of the Spd "increase" without being buffed and vulnerable to Panic.

@Ginko As far as what you should use Karla as fodder for, clearly Draconic Aura Even Speed Wave is currently slightly rarer as a skill, even if Wrath is only available on a select few other 5* locked units. I personally feel the Wave skills are all a little iffy in performance, as you need to be able to time the trigger of the skills with when the unit or allies initiate combat, and while Spd Tactics remains rare, it is more lenient in how to trigger it and let it be useful. Meanwhile, Wrath is just always gonna be good regardless who you give it to.

Of the three, I feel giving Wrath to Hector would be deadly. Bonfire is a great skill to pair with 2 charge cooldown at the start of every turn, and Ignis should leave no survivors if Vector can take the hit.

I'm not against giving Even Spd Wave to Gaius, but as I said the usefulness of the skills feels iffy at times. As for Ryoma, if it were me I'd focus on getting his Attack up a little more just to make sure he can land kills on Red Armors more securely, since they tend to like being defensive.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would swap out Swift Sparrow for Life and Death since it is cheaper and you are not running Ploys. 

Why would I swap it out when I have it on him for very long time?

Without Ploy, I can also use him tank magic hit anytime I want.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would also swap Glacies for Luna as Luna deals more damage against bulkier opponents and it triggers faster (Glacies 28*0.8=17; Luna 34*0.5=17).

Faster? , Flashing Blade charge both special for 2 hits. Glacies will do better on both frail units or bulky units.

Also thank you, I didn't tag you so I don't need your suggestion.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Monthly packs include feathers every now and then but I’m not sure when this is going to be next time.

Otherwise, it can be thought that feathers are bought indirectly via buying orbs to summon heroes to send home for feathers. Ridiculously expensive, though.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

The monthly special deal occasionally comes with feathers as its bonus item. Otherwise, you can buy a limited quantity of feathers from the Nintendo Points shop, which can be accessed from the button on the top-right corner (the one with the Askr emblem on it) when checking your list of Missions and Quests.

I see.  Thanks!  I got some thinking, researching, and planning to do!  

Why would I swap it out when I have it on him for very long time?

Without Ploy, I can also use him tank magic hit anytime I want.

I did not know it was already on him.

62 magical bulk is too low against one shot nukes like Lilina and Blade mages. 37 Spd is too slow to prevent doubles from fast nukes like Celica and Ishtar who can hit around 50 Spd on initiation.

Faster? , Flashing Blade charge both special for 2 hits. Glacies will do better on both frail units or bulky units.

Flashing Blade does not always work against fast opponents, and YS!Gaius cannot hit 47 Spd reliably with Waves since it shuts off every other round.

Frail units do not need a high damage Specials to be killed while bulky units do.

28 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Also thank you, I didn't tag you so I don't need your suggestion.

This may help other people who are thinking about similar builds in the future.

@Ginko Premium fodder is for favs and units you would use a lot. I think all three would profit from the Wrath or Wave, so it's for you to decide whom you would use most. 

Perhaps I wouldn't give it to Ryoma. He is a support unit and Wave skills are for units that will go on a solo from time to time. Buffing allies is only the secondary effect of that skill in my opinion. 

48 minutes ago, XRay said:

62 magical bulk is too low against one shot nukes like Lilina and Blade mages. 37 Spd is too slow to prevent doubles from fast nukes like Celica and Ishtar who can hit around 50 Spd on initiation.

Ahuh, are you saying you are stupid enough to let him tank those three?

I knew who Gaius can tank and who he cannot tank so don't worry ^^

1 hour ago, XRay said:

This may help other people who are thinking about similar builds in the future

Like who? Summer Gaius is seasonal unit. New player will have less chance to use him. Don't find excuse and mind your own business.

1 minute ago, Ginko said:

Ahuh, are you saying you are stupid enough to let him tank those three?

Those are the most common nuking mages.

2 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Like who? Summer Gaius is seasonal unit. New player will have less chance to use him.

Legendary Heroes Foci exist and I assume Special Heroes Foci come around yearly. YS!Gaius's stat spread is close to Nina's and Rebecca's stat spread, so it applies to those units as well.

4 minutes ago, Ginko said:

are you saying you are stupid enough

3 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Don't find excuse and mind your own business.

There is no need to add rudeness to your arguments. Just because I tolerate it once before does not mean I will keep tolerating it.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

There is no need to add rudeness to your arguments. Just because I tolerate it once before does not mean I will keep tolerating it.

Then feel free to ignore my post next time onward. The main reason I tagged my friends to answer my question is because I don't need someone else like you to do it, is that clear?

Then feel free to ignore my post next time onward. The main reason I tagged my friends to answer my question is because I don't need someone else like you to do it, is that clear?

This is why private messaging exists. The forum’s mainspace is public with all consequences.

3 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I will ignore most things, but if it is a build, I do not want to retype the whole thing.

34 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This is why private messaging exists. The forum’s mainspace is public with all consequences.

Sure it is, but I find it's more convenient to do it here.

How often you use PM when it is more convenient here?

Sure it is, but I find it's more convenient to do it here.

How often you use PM when it is more convenient here?

If you do it here, anyone can join in. Tagging serves attracting attention, not exclusive access to a conversation.

I use PM all the time if I need to discuss something with a small group of specific users.