"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Perhaps it's worth to switch to Draconic Aura/Heavy Blade seal then?

Ophelia wouldn't profit anymore from allied mages, but if doubling the opponent she could proc DA each round of combat. 

Allied mages charge her Special at the beginning of turn 1 regardless of what her Special is.

The main problem with running a 3-cooldown Special with Heavy Blade is the fact that 33 Spd is not very reliable for doubling.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Allied mages charge her Special at the beginning of turn 1 regardless of what her Special is.

Yeah, I meant she doesn't profit much from it if she procs DA in every round regardless. 

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The main problem with running a 3-cooldown Special with Heavy Blade is the fact that 33 Spd is not very reliable for doubling.

Yeah, that was my concern from the beginning. With LnD and a buff she'll double most things in Lunatic/7 TTs though. For Infernal maps she'd need some more help. 

I'll start with her vanilla AoE and try how it works.

Thanks for your help!

So I've been looking for builds for H!Niles, which was pretty hard cause everyone recommends Bold or Special Fighter. Even if I had those skills to spare, they would go to others first so that's a no sadly. I do have a Vengeful Fighter to spare.

My H!Niles is +def/-res, I would mostly like to use him on mixed teams (sometimes on armor teams too), and I would like him to be enemy phase focused.

So I managed to come to the following build that I can do with my recources:

Guard Bow (+def)
Swap / Reposition
Iceberg
A: Distant Def / Quick Riposte 3 / Close Def / Close Counter
B: Vengeful Fighter
C: (not sure yet)
Seal: Distant Def / Close Def / other

So I'm mostly stuck with the A skill here, I've seen people recommend all four of those skills, so could people here give their opinions on which would work best for him? Feel free to suggest other changes in the build too.

Sooo. . . went to spend my 5 orbs today on a Yolo and no reds, but there was a colorless orb which turned out to hide H!Mia. I figured this would be nice since my current one is -ATK/+DEF. But guess what? This one is -ATK/+RES.

So which is better? I have had her need that defense boost to survive in one Abyssal map already. But conventional wisdom seems to indicate that +RES would be better? One will be fodder for almost certainly. Witchy Wand and Hone Fliers are both excellent skills to hand off.

6 hours ago, Mau said:

So I'm mostly stuck with the A skill here, I've seen people recommend all four of those skills, so could people here give their opinions on which would work best for him? Feel free to suggest other changes in the build too.

Does he need to be able to fight back against melee-range opponents on enemy phase or not?

If yes, then he should get Close Counter and Close Def in the Sacred Seal slot.

If no, then Distant Def (or a Stance) and Distant Def in the Sacred Seal slot.

Quick Riposte is not an A-slot skill. I personally consider Close Def in the A slot to be pointless if you can't counterattack.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Does he need to be able to fight back against melee-range opponents on enemy phase or not?

If yes, then he should get Close Counter and Close Def in the Sacred Seal slot.

If no, then Distant Def (or a Stance) and Distant Def in the Sacred Seal slot.

Quick Riposte is not an A-slot skill. I personally consider Close Def in the A slot to be pointless if you can't counterattack.

Oh whoops, nevermind QR then, I wasn't awake enough this morning apparently lol

Thank for the advice! It's a tough call though, I'd love for him to be able to attack back but it might be more useful if he can survive more hmm...

9 hours ago, Usana said:

Sooo. . . went to spend my 5 orbs today on a Yolo and no reds, but there was a colorless orb which turned out to hide H!Mia. I figured this would be nice since my current one is -ATK/+DEF. But guess what? This one is -ATK/+RES.

So which is better? I have had her need that defense boost to survive in one Abyssal map already. But conventional wisdom seems to indicate that +RES would be better? One will be fodder for almost certainly. Witchy Wand and Hone Fliers are both excellent skills to hand off.

+Res is better, IMO, she doesn't really gain much from +Def in general.

training my healers are sooo boring. (sigh) is this when it just makes more sense to blow my crystals and shards? or is it better to grind it out, and save them for other things? I don't mind grinding.... i'm just tired of lissa and Priscilla taking their sweet time (and then i just shudder re: more Priscillas i have to train (because of SP really and putting more techniques - i know i can book'em and whatever)

47 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

training my healers are sooo boring. (sigh) is this when it just makes more sense to blow my crystals and shards? or is it better to grind it out, and save them for other things? I don't mind grinding.... i'm just tired of lissa and Priscilla taking their sweet time (and then i just shudder re: more Priscillas i have to train (because of SP really and putting more techniques - i know i can book'em and whatever)

I use healers while I'm training other units, so they end up getting trained too. (It's fairly time efficient, but not as fast as direct training.)

If you really want to train a healer directly, I recommend equipping the basic Assault staff as it does more damage than most of the others. If you plan on using the healer long-term, the Attack+3 "A" skill is a decent investment. (The higher attack results in more healing for those with 5* healing skills.) Don't forget to add an Attack+3 seal as well (assuming you have upgraded one). You can use a relevant Hone/Goad skill to further increase their attack. Once you're happy with the attack numbers, just add a refresher unit (singer, dancer, etc.) For extra efficiency, you can look for low resistance units in the Training Tower map previews or wait for the weekly training map that is mostly lower resistance armor units.

As for using shards/crystals, that really depends on how many you have. You can only store up to one million of each. Tempest Trials give around 50,000 each of generic gold shards and crystals and 1,500 gold crystals are available every day as an Arena Assault quest. You can also get daily shards/crystals from the first Training Tower map you complete each day. This is a direct reward, not a quest and only applies to the first Training Tower map you complete. The higher the map difficulty, the more shards/crystals you get, so you should always complete a hard Training Tower map first before trying other Training Tower maps to maximize shards/crystals.

1 minute ago, Tree said:

I use healers while I'm training other units, so they end up getting trained too. (It's fairly time efficient, but not as fast as direct training.)

If you really want to train a healer directly, I recommend equipping the basic Assault staff as it does more damage than most of the others. If you plan on using the healer long-term, the Attack+3 "A" skill is a decent investment. (The higher attack results in more healing for those with 5* healing skills.) Don't forget to add an Attack+3 seal as well (assuming you have upgraded one). You can use a relevant Hone/Goad skill to further increase their attack. Once you're happy with the attack numbers, just add a refresher unit (singer, dancer, etc.) For extra efficiency, you can look for low resistance units in the Training Tower map previews or wait for the weekly training map that is mostly lower resistance armor units.

As for using shards/crystals, that really depends on how many you have. You can only store up to one million of each. Tempest Trials give around 50,000 each of generic gold shards and crystals and 1,500 gold crystals are available every day as an Arena Assault quest. You can also get daily shards/crystals from the first Training Tower map you complete each day. This is a direct reward, not a quest and only applies to the first Training Tower map you complete. The higher the map difficulty, the more shards/crystals you get, so you should always complete a hard Training Tower map first before trying other Training Tower maps to maximize shards/crystals.

Thanks, Tree.:)
I've been spending a lot of time in the tower, and i've gotten a lot of them to like 30-37. it's that long. slow. march to 39-40 that drives me nuts. (I do what you do for the most part - Unit i'm training, healer + two dancer/singers). so i've been getting a lot of stuff (But i needed those crystals/shards to create (enhance) more seals. so double edge sword there. 
I'll give assault and some attack skills on Lissa. get her cracking. 

20 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

(But i needed those crystals/shards to create (enhance) more seals. so double edge sword there. 
I'll give assault and some attack skills on Lissa. get her cracking. 

Shards/crystals are only used for levels, not seal upgrades. Badges are used for seal upgrades and also unlocking potential (rarity), but not for levels. I generally use the weekly training maps for all training unless I'm working on quest completion because it's almost always much faster than the Training Tower. This is especially true for the last few levels as a unit approaches level 40. The weekly training maps (or rather daily training maps that cycle weekly) are almost as good as the Warriors maps last year. I wish those had been permanent. I haven't found anything that beat their efficiency.

Have you upgraded your castle? The double experience was worth it to me (although I use the default basic design because I like it best).

2 minutes ago, Tree said:

Shards/crystals are only used for levels, not seal upgrades. Badges are used for seal upgrades and also unlocking potential (rarity), but not for levels. I generally use the weekly training maps for all training unless I'm working on quest completion because it's almost always much faster than the Training Tower. This is especially true for the last few levels as a unit approaches level 40. The weekly training maps (or rather daily training maps that cycle weekly) are almost as good as the Warriors maps last year. I wish those had been permanent. I haven't found anything that beat their efficiency.

Have you upgraded your castle? The double experience was worth it to me (although I use the default basic design because I like it best).

that's what i do! :) or did!  then i realized to upgrade a lot of my seals (or units) i needed the badges, and i was v. low. 
then i realised that there were a lot of challenge stuff i was missing out becuse i didn't really go into the tower at all. but i love the special maps. I kinda wish they would be an option permanently vs. rotating. 

and yah. i have it upgraded that i earn 80% more xp. 

On 11/3/2018 at 4:08 AM, daisy jane said:

okay for this months bound battle. - i am determined to get all the orbs. haha including the Anna/Sharena orbs (WHY DO I ALWAYS NOT PROMOTE THEM.). anyway
would the arena assault abuse thing work here?
(low attack someone  in the first round and a Nowi or Tiki shows up and BLAMO?)

maybe not.. LOL though i keep getting weaponless Kanas...(again)

Nowi and A!Tiki are pretty easy to find in Arena Assault, at least in my score range of around 720-730.

If you have a hard time encountering A!Tiki in Arena Assault, you can go to Book I Chapter 8: Part 4 on Lunatic and defeat her there. Nowi unfortunately only appears at level 38 in her original Lunatic Map in Book I Chapter 8: Part 4, but you can do Chain Challenge for Chapter 8 on Lunatic and defeat her at level 40 there, but you do need a team or two that can handle doing 5 maps in a row.

On 11/3/2018 at 7:38 AM, Usana said:

Well my luck is both great and terrible. It just started raining Halloween Myrrhs on me. But . . . I am not sure if anything beats my +RES/-HP one.

First I was escastic to see that 25 attack. Until I saw 9 Defense. So +ATK/-DEF kinda defeats the point. Pretty sure this one is just a merge fodder.

Second I got a +SPD/-RES one. 180BST bin and fewer doubles, but this isn't exactly ideal. Given my trouble making score in arena even those 2 extra points in unit score are appealing to me. Plus it actually seems to perform surprisingly well against similar merges, though that might just because she is so powerful period. May also be good in PvE where there aren't quite as speed stacked enemies.

Finally I have a +DEF/-HP. Which I am not too escastic about. She normally has enough defense for me, but maybe folks will say this is best. It does appear to have a few areas where it performs best.

Mass duel seems to indicate that my current +RES/-HP performs the least well, But I do really like having both defenses up so high. Plus since I had no DC fodder I went and gave her Fortress DEF/RES. Would almost seem a waste to drop her res after that. Particularly since I am pretty sure losing the Res would deny her the ability to kill L!Tiki. Yeah, not her job but I like having options. But the simulators say that shouldn't be happening anyways. Not sure how she was doing it last season for me.

I would go with [+Def, -HP]. Def effectively functions as her Spd stat on Player Phase to allow her to double, while on Enemy Phase, the +Def makes it harder for physical units to knock her out.

Personally, I do not think [+Spd, -Res] is worth it since it is just one BST bin, which amounts to like 2.5 points total per streak. Just killing an extra enemy with a bonus unit would more than make up for it.

+Atk, -Def
Player Phase [Filtered Full] 120:22:28
Player Phase [Hard List +10] 124:43:55
Enemy Phase [Filtered Full] 105:52:13
Enemy Phase [Hard List +10] 77:98:47

+Def, -HP
Player Phase [Filtered Full] 117:30:23
Player Phase [Hard List +10] 140:36:46
Enemy Phase [Filtered Full] 115:41:16
Enemy Phase [Hard List +10] 96:66:60

+Spd, -Res
Player Phase [Filtered Full] 115:29:26
Player Phase [Hard List +10] 132:37:53
Enemy Phase [Filtered Full] 111:43:16
Enemy Phase [Hard List +10] 91:76:55

+Res, -HP
Player Phase [Filtered Full] 114:29:27
Player Phase [Hard List +10] 130:41:51
Enemy Phase [Filtered Full] 111:42:17
Enemy Phase [Hard List +10] 89:79:54

Challenger

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Myrrh (LB) (5* +atk -def)  
Weapon: Spirit Breath  
Special: Bonfire  
A: Fort Def Res 3  
B: Vengeful Fighter 3  
C: Armor March 3  
S: Heavy Blade 3  

Myrrh (LB) (5* +def -hp)  

Myrrh (LB) (5* +spd -res)  

Myrrh (LB) (5* +res -hp)  

Filtered Full

Spoiler

ENEMIES - FILTERED FULL LIST  
Include: melee, red, blue, green, gray, physical, magical, infantry, cavalry, flying, armored, staff, nonstaff  
Rarity: 5*  
Merge: +5  
Boon: +spd  
Special: Moonbow  
Replace Special: true  
A: Fury 3  
Replace A: true 

On 11/4/2018 at 4:37 PM, daisy jane said:

I recommend training them when Special Training Ranged maps are on rotation. If you have Wrys or Azama, you can set one of them up and auto those maps with the trainee.

Wrys — Azama
-Atk, +Def/Res
Weapon: (Unequip)
Assist: Physic
Special: Imbue
A: Fortress Def
B: Live to Serve
C: Atk Tactic
Sacred Seal: Fortress Def — Fortress Res — Drive Def — Drive Res — Def Tactic — Res Tactic
If you run Pain or especially Pain+, try to make sure Wrys/Azama got -Atk and give them Fortress skills on the A slot and Sacred Seal slot so they are less likely to steal kills from your trainee.

Trainee
Sacred Seal: Distant Def
If your trainee is a healer and if you have the resources, you may also want to consider putting Attack +3 on the A slot so training is a little faster and more bearable.

23 hours ago, Tree said:

23 hours ago, daisy jane said:

and yah. i have it upgraded that i earn 80% more xp. 

It depends on the person. I personally regret upgrading my Castle since I cannot turn the Exp boost off when I am SP training in the Special Training maps. I rather spend more time training to level 40 in exchange for having a more efficient way of getting SP.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Nowi and A!Tiki are pretty easy to find in Arena Assault, at least in my score range of around 720-730.

If you have a hard time encountering A!Tiki in Arena Assault, you can go to Book I Chapter 8: Part 4 on Lunatic and defeat her there. Nowi unfortunately only appears at level 38 in her original Lunatic Map in Book I Chapter 8: Part 4, but you can do Chain Challenge for Chapter 8 on Lunatic and defeat her at level 40 there, but you do need a team or two that can handle doing 5 maps in a row.

thanks for this. :)
I did find them. it just took a bit. when i first posted it was like they very first day and it took a while for them to trigger. this weekend i found them stupidly fast (I don't know if people just needed to make them weaponless or whatever  or just unlucky  the first day or two) - but i got it. :) 

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I recommend training them when Special Training Ranged maps are on rotation. If you have Wrys or Azama, you can set one of them up and auto those maps with the trainee.

Wrys — Azama
-Atk, +Def/Res
Weapon: (Unequip)
Assist: Physic
Special: Imbue
A: Fortress Def
B: Live to Serve
C: Atk Tactic
Sacred Seal: Fortress Def — Fortress Res — Drive Def — Drive Res — Def Tactic — Res Tactic
If you run Pain or especially Pain+, try to make sure Wrys/Azama got -Atk and give them Fortress skills on the A slot and Sacred Seal slot so they are less likely to steal kills from your trainee.

Trainee
Sacred Seal: Distant Def
If your trainee is a healer and if you have the resources, you may also want to consider putting Attack +3 on the A slot so training is a little faster and more bearable.

oho thanks for that one too! :) 

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

It depends on the person. I personally regret upgrading my Castle since I cannot turn the Exp boost off when I am SP training in the Special Training maps. I rather spend more time training to level 40 in exchange for having a more efficient way of getting SP.

yah. I'm kinda wishing sometimes i didn't. 
the only valour skills i have is Bow + Sword (and I just realised this this weekend, because i have Exalted Chrom and LA!Roy). as I don't have any of the other seasonal units that have them it's kind of a bummer. thanks to Ice Dragon - I did manage to get enough SP for Jaffar which is all that mattered. I know for a lot of people this seems like a weird way to do things but i actually train all my merges and give them different skills. so while i might struggle without having their base kit (per se) by the time i merge them, - i'll have what i need in time . (go figure the only time i didn't do this was with the aforementioned Jaffar). 

I have to make sure that Nino is swimming in it as I am making her my primary green mage, i am going to sacrifice a F!Robin for her skills
(and a Soren and a Boey. Nino deserves the best). 

@XRay Wow. Bonfire numbers are quite different than Aether numbers. That definitely shows +RES even more inferior than the Aether numbers.

I didn't realize the higher bst bin was only 2.5 points per streak. I had thought it was more like 1 point per match. I suppose what I need to do is run some numbers in an arena score calculator to see what if any change +spd would make with my standard Eirika/Amelia/Un-merged bonus unit arena team.

6 minutes ago, Usana said:

Wow. Bonfire numbers are quite different than Aether numbers. That definitely shows +RES even more inferior than the Aether numbers.

Yeah, being able to activate a Special makes a huge difference in terms of performance. You may also want to try Blue Flame if you ever have that as fodder. It scores the same as Aether, but unlike Aether with a really long cool down, Blue Flame does not ruin your performance.

11 hours ago, XRay said:

Yeah, being able to activate a Special makes a huge difference in terms of performance. You may also want to try Blue Flame if you ever have that as fodder. It scores the same as Aether, but unlike Aether with a really long cool down, Blue Flame does not ruin your performance.

Yeah Blue Flame is definitely on my want list since armors tend to stick close to each other. Though I was doing sims with Special Fighter+QR Seal since that is something I could get for her and something that I probably eventually want to give her. Which means she can activate Aether on EP. Not that it does much. But yeah the lack of special nuking is probably what made them look so similar. At +10 I think it was 122 wins both and DEF dying slightly less often for obvious reasons I would think. Didn't think to plug in Ignis or try bonfire with her default Vengeful. Nor did I look at where the wins were coming from. Some closer looking this morning indicates that the tie is mostly coming from +SPD letting her break Wary Fighter on some of her fellow armors. I am not sure the last time I saw Wary in the Arena and that would put +DEF ahead even in the case of Aether. Actually. Can she break her own Wary by being faster? The sims say yes, but I have never tried that before. Not many practical uses though. Less useful than Hector's double QR breaking his own wary I would think.

Anyways thanks for the heads up on the Arena score deal. Running the numbers it doesn't actually look like the superboon would change my score range at all. Mostly it would just let me run one less dual rally. That would be nice since I am in love with positional skills, but I can't really climb up a range by running all dual skills so it is the difference between 1 positional and 2 or 3 positional and 4 depending on if I need to push my range to its absolute max or not. I think in the end though I'll hang onto the +SPD for at least a while just incase I have to push to the max and end up hating myself for running 3 dual rallies. Performance be damned, I like being able to position with positional skills! I don't think it'll come to having to dump nearly all my positional skills though. It didn't this week anyways.

Though talking about arena. With babysit arena I always run Wary on my armors to help soften things up(this strat HATES enemy dancers though) and to safely tank when I can't easily draw out the foes one by one to be killed by the bonus unit. I so wish Wary gets a Wary 4 that either has guard built in or blocks foes specials from going off until it is broke. Would make it much more competitive outside of babysitting anyways.

8 minutes ago, Necrofantasia said:

I have done ten battles with BK, LHector, Hardin and HDorcas - who all survived - BUT it's still 0 / 15.

Are you doing the tenth stratum? I’m at a loss otherwise because I’ve completed this quest successfully.

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Are you doing the tenth stratum? I’m at a loss otherwise because I’ve completed this quest successfully.

Yes, top stratum

I have done different armor teams, but still no progress at all.

The other three class quests worked.

It bothers me even more that only I have this issue apparently.

I'm currently in the market for a good axe user that is more about raw damage and a player phase build option. And i'm almost at the 20,000 feather mark for another promotion.

My current options are

Narcian, Legion, Camilla (+speed -resistance), and Libra (+attack -HP)

So out of those 4 options, who would be the best choice for a 5 star promotion? In terms of how good their player phase is, and raw damage output?

4 minutes ago, Faellin said:

I'm currently in the market for a good axe user that is more about raw damage and a player phase build option. And i'm almost at the 20,000 feather mark for another promotion.

My current options are

So out of those 4 options, who would be the best choice for a 5 star promotion? In terms of how good their player phase is, and raw damage output?

In terms of non-armored player-phase axes, Cherche and Raven are definitely the two best, but they apparently aren't options...

Of the four choices, I'd say Camilla. Her weapon's unique refine pretty much fixes her otherwise-mediocre Atk and Spd stats (as long as you have the teammates to activate the effect), and flier mobility means she has an easier time reaching her target than infantry.

Narcian lacks a personal weapon, and his stats are too balanced to excel in any particular role. He also suffers from limited merges, though he's not as limited as other limited characters.

Legion's primary weaknesses are his limited merges, infantry movement, and lack of a personal weapon. Lack of non-neutral stats also hurts a bit, but his base stats are actually good enough to make do even without a boon.

Libra's primary issue is his mediocre Spd stat, with his infantry movement coming as a close second.

1 hour ago, Faellin said:

My current options are

With their natural weapons and discounting A-skills, Camilla has 50/39 (46/35 if not near a horse or flier ally), Legion has 50/35 (+Panic effect, for what it's worth) and Libra has 51/32 (+Wo effect). Camilla's bonus is fairly easy to maintain if you build the team around her (since she buffs them) so she's the best all-around choice. Libra has the most power, but he would need a lot of speed-stacking to take advantage of it.

Can someone help me with Kliff? I really like him but was only able to pull 2 of him: +Atck -  Hp and +Atck -Spd. Could I fix that by using the Fortress Res/Def seal? I know I could just give him a Bladetome, but that would feel weird since I got Mae, Tailtiu and so many others who feel more suited to that role. Any ideas how to use him?