"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Does playing Heroes in low Data mode use less phone battery?  I hardly ever play with sound, and the graphics look pretty similar, but my phone is always draining way too fast.

i play normal, but with battery on "low power" mode. it seems to save it. 

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how staffies with Restore+ determine whether to heal or attack? I had a situation on defense against enemy team Aversa where Pain+/Restore+ Elise chose to cast Restore+ on the dancer who was debuffed by Aversa instead of selecting the (much more optimal in my human opinion) option to attack and AOE damage the entire enemy team. Is there a way I can force the AI to choose to attack, short of unequipping Restore+ (which is great for precharging Miracle)?

3 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

IIRC, all it does is use lower quality sound clips for character voices.

Do you let Heroes run in the background, or any other apps, that'll kill your battery quicker.

I think I've stopped it from running in the background.  At least it has to go through the menu screen every time I start up now.

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

i play normal, but with battery on "low power" mode. it seems to save it. 

I usually play on mid-battery mode, or whatever it's called.  It doesn't seem to lose much, but low mode takes away a lot on my phone.

Thanks for the answers, everyone

4 hours ago, dethneer said:

Does anyone know how staffies with Restore+ determine whether to heal or attack? I had a situation on defense against enemy team Aversa where Pain+/Restore+ Elise chose to cast Restore+ on the dancer who was debuffed by Aversa instead of selecting the (much more optimal in my human opinion) option to attack and AOE damage the entire enemy team. Is there a way I can force the AI to choose to attack, short of unequipping Restore+ (which is great for precharging Miracle)?

In my experience, Restore has insanely high priority compared to other actions.

Additionally, as far as I'm aware, the AI does not consider Pain or Savage Blow damage when determining whether or not to attack an opponent, just direct damage.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

In my experience, Restore has insanely high priority compared to other actions.

Additionally, as far as I'm aware, the AI does not consider Pain or Savage Blow damage when determining whether or not to attack an opponent, just direct damage.

Bummer, looks like Elise will have to go without her assist and Nanna got sacrificed for no reason

1 hour ago, Noise said:

Hi people just wondering how is this possible? I found this in grand conquests I thought he was only available as a 5 star?

Enemies are scaled to the difficulty you choose. If you look at the difficulty list, it tells you the enemies are scaled to 4* LV. 35 if you pick Hard.

41 minutes ago, XRay said:

Enemies are scaled to the difficulty you choose. If you look at the difficulty list, it tells you the enemies are scaled to 4* LV. 35 if you pick Hard.

Oh that makes sense thanks!

2 hours ago, RexBolt said:

Hey, between Breaker and Fighter skills, who has priority for doubling/restricting doubles?

Sounds like you’re looking for the info in the “Speed Calculations” spoiler of this thread:

The short of it is, anything that guarantees a follow up attack (applicable skills, or having 5 more Spd than the enemy) will cancel with anything that prevents a follow-up attack (applicable skills). If you have more things guaranteeing a follow-up attack, then you will perform one.

2 hours ago, RexBolt said:

And the likes of QR/BA/Desp?

Quick Riposte and Brash Assault fall under the category of things that guarantee a follow up attack.

Desperation does not guarantee a follow up attack. It merely allows you to perform your follow up attack before the opponent’s counterattack, if you can perform a follow up attack in the first place.

Edited by LordFrigid

What are some good tanky units for like Chain battles/squad assualt? 

i find some of my units can only last 2-3 maps and all my healers suck except Veronica obviously. Sigurd is my king when it comes to these maps but sometimes going 10 battles is to much for even him.

5 minutes ago, Zihark11 said:

What are some good tanky units for like Chain battles/squad assualt? 

i find some of my units can only last 2-3 maps and all my healers suck except Veronica obviously. Sigurd is my king when it comes to these maps but sometimes going 10 battles is to much for even him.

Any armor or dragon unit. For maps that involve Festival in Hoshido Dancers/Singers, I recommend switching to non-dragon infantry units, like Ike, Fjorm, and Dorcas; if that does not work, then you might want to switch to a Player Phase team.

Which one to chase down!?!? Obviously each of them has different teammates to play with together ._.

Team Sanaki Cymbellin refine with Sanaki running triple drive atk 3:

Team Generic Tome Flier with guidance!

Team Legendary Hector coupled with Aversa makes the best threesome in history!

I cant decide ._.

Edited by Hilda

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Any armor or dragon unit. For maps that involve Festival in Hoshido Dancers/Singers, I recommend switching to non-dragon infantry units, like Ike, Fjorm, and Dorcas; if that does not work, then you might want to switch to a Player Phase team.

Ok cool thanks. ive got a lot of player phase teams so thats why i want some longer lasting teams. ive got a fateful princess corrin and quite a few armor units (black knight, Hardin, and niles)

Whoops, posted in the wrong thread. 

Pinging @XRay for advice on which of +Atk/-Spd or +Atk/-Def is better for Florina. I feel like 27 isn't really worth salvaging but her weapon does give an extra +4 speed to bump to 31 speed, which. isn't great but it's something. 

Edited by Flying Shogi

8 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

Ok cool thanks. ive got a lot of player phase teams so thats why i want some longer lasting teams. ive got a fateful princess corrin and quite a few armor units (black knight, Hardin, and niles)

In my opinion, Player Phase teams last much longer than Enemy Phase teams, although that is dependent on your play style. I run flying nukes with flying Dancers/Singers, so my team pretty much lasts forever unless I accidentally leave a nuke in enemy range or something.

6 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

What are the best healers in the game besides Veronica? I have ethlyn and Mariabella and they both seem terrible. 

Healers need expensive skills to be good.

As Firesweep nukes, at the bare minimum, they need Pain or Gravity and they need to have both Dazzling Staff and Wrathful Staff. They should ideally have Atk/Spd Solo too if you can afford it, but Attack +3 and Speed +3 are decent budget options.
+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res
Pain [Dazzling Staff]Gravity [Dazzling Staff]Pain [Wrathful Staff]Gravity [Wrathful Staff]
Restore — Physic — Recover
Imbue — Heavenly Light — Windfire Balm — Earthwater Balm
Atk/Spd Solo — Atk/Spd 2 — Attack +3 — Speed +3 — Atk/Spd Push*
Wrathful StaffDazzling Staff
Savage Blow
— Hone Cavalry — Hone Flier
Savage Blow — Attack +3 — Speed +3
*I do not recommend Pushes since they are just as expensive as Solos, but Pushes require constant maintenance to work.

Alternatively, they can be Close Counter-Vantage units.
+Atk, -HP/Spd/Def/Res
Pain [Wrathful Staff]
Miracle — Imbue — Heavenly Light — Windfire Balm — Earthwater Balm
Close Counter
Vantage
Savage Blow

Savage Blow — Attack +3 — Brazen Atk/Res

Azama and Wrys got completely shit Atk, so they are the only units I would consider turning into walls.
+Def/Res, -Atk/Spd
Fear [Dazzling Staff] — Witchy Wand [Dazzling Staff]
Martyr — Restore — Physic — Recover
Fort. Def/Res
Guard — Renewal — Live to Serve — Chill Atk
(Any C Slot)
Close Def — Distant Def — Fortress Def — Fortress Res

In my opinion, TLB!Mia is the best healer due to being a flier, so she got high mobility and access to movement buffs. AOTB!Veronica is also useful due to having Hliðskjálf. In my opinion, cavalry and infantry healers are both about the same, since both are grounded units and have mobility issues.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

AOTB!Veronica is also useful due to having Hliðskálf.

Hliðskjálf. You missed the J.

40 minutes ago, dethneer said:

What the fuck, that's the first time I've seen anyone spell Veronica's weapon correctly including the weird lettering and accent marks. XRay you're the man lmao

Almost correctly. He missed a letter.
But hey, he did his best.

13 hours ago, XRay said:

In my opinion, Player Phase teams last much longer than Enemy Phase teams, although that is dependent on your play style. I run flying nukes with flying Dancers/Singers, so my team pretty much lasts forever unless I accidentally leave a nuke in enemy range or something.

Healers need expensive skills to be good.

As Firesweep nukes, at the bare minimum, they need Pain or Gravity and they need to have both Dazzling Staff and Wrathful Staff. They should ideally have Atk/Spd Solo too if you can afford it, but Attack +3 and Speed +3 are decent budget options.
+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res
Pain [Dazzling Staff]Gravity [Dazzling Staff]Pain [Wrathful Staff]Gravity [Wrathful Staff]
Imbue — Heavenly Light — Windfire Balm — Earthwater Balm
Atk/Spd Solo — Atk/Spd 2 — Attack +3 — Speed +3 — Atk/Spd Push*
Wrathful StaffDazzling Staff
Savage Blow
— Hone Cavalry — Hone Flier
Savage Blow — Attack +3 — Speed +3
*I do not recommend Pushes since they are just as expensive as Solos, but Pushes require constant maintenance to work.

Alternatively, they can be Close Counter-Vantage units.
+Atk, -HP/Spd/Def/Res
Pain [Wrathful Staff]
Close Counter
Vantage
Savage Blow

Savage Blow — Attack +3 — Brazen Atk/Res

Azama and Wrys got completely shit Atk, so they are the only units I would consider turning into walls.
+Def/Res, -Atk/Spd
Fear [Dazzling Staff] — Witchy Wand [Dazzling Staff]
Martyr — Restore — Physic — Recover
Fort. Def/Res
Guard — Renewal — Live to Serve — Chill Atk
(Any C Slot)
Close Def — Distant Def — Fortress Def — Fortress Res

In my opinion, TLB!Mia is the best healer due to being a flier, so she got high mobility and access to movement buffs. AOTB!Veronica is also useful due to having Hliðskjálf. In my opinion, cavalry and infantry healers are both about the same, since both are grounded units and have mobility issues.

Thanks a lot for sharing this. This helps a lot. 

1 hour ago, Arcphoenix said:

Would an Attack Boon, Def Bane Mia or an HP Boon, Res Bane Mia have more practical use?

Assuming you are using her as a Player Phase nuke, [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res] is almost always better than [+HP/Def/Res, -HP/Atk/Spd/Def/Res]. There is no reason to ever prioritize bulk over offensive power unless that bulk significantly helps the unit in some way, such as TLB!Myrrh's utilization of Def as her "Spd" stat.