"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

I started a new account and I accidentally free summoned a brave Celica instead of a Veronica. Does this matter (I mean is she a good unit)? Also I have two Eirs the free one and a -Hp +Def who should I merge to whom? 

Celica is okay. 
Veronica woulda been better. though. 

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

I started a new account and I accidentally free summoned a brave Celica instead of a Veronica. Does this matter (I mean is she a good unit)? Also I have two Eirs the free one and a -Hp +Def who should I merge to whom? 

I am assuming this new account will be used as your main account.

AOTB!Veronica is used a ton more often in guides than AOTB!Celica. AOTB!Celica is good compared to other sword infantry, but as a class, physical melee infantry are kind of crap.

I also would not merge your Eirs. I would keep the free neutral one for following guides.

1 hour ago, Tree said:

I spent my last orbs and just got a [+spd,-def] Bow Lyn. Is that better than [-hp] because of the high speed? If I merge, she will be +4 which is 49 attack, while the [+atk] version has 50 attack. Only one additional point of attack makes it hard to justify spending 20,000 feathers for a second Brave Bow Lyn. It's going to be a long time before I can get much use out of the [+atk] copy over my main one.

[+Spd, -Def] is better than [+Spd, -HP] for eating a counter since your magic bulk is left intact, but if you are using it for Firesweep, then it does not matter.

I would just merge your [+Spd, -HP] copy into your [+Atk, -HP] copy and all her skills will transfer over. I would save the [+Spd, -Def] for later when you have access to a Firesweep Bow.

27 minutes ago, Rhessaw said:

I have two accounts in my phone and one of them says error 803-3001, so I cant access the account, the other opens normally though. Do someone knows why this happens?

There is a pinned thread for this error code:

5 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Definitely take XRay's advice and keep the neutral one unmerged. I merged my neutral Bow Lyn and Ike, and it has made common guides much more difficult.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

[+Spd, -Def] is better than [+Spd, -HP] for eating a counter since your magic bulk is left intact, but if you are using it for Firesweep, then it does not matter.

I would just merge your [+Spd, -HP] copy into your [+Atk, -HP] copy and all her skills will transfer over. I would save the [+Spd, -Def] for later when you have access to a Firesweep Bow.

OK, that sounds pretty good. Now I just need to get a Firesweep Bow.

Thanks for the help. :):

Through sheer dumb luck (as I wasn't pulling for her specifically), I have the ability to +10 Eir. I also have the choice between +Atk -Def and +Spd -Def, both good IVs but I only have the choice of one to make the +10.

I've weighed the boons and banes of both. +Atk is able to run her default kit, which would be worth a decent amount in Arena, and get more kills than +Spd at full HP, which would be more beneficial to the types of game modes she can be expected to battle in, though a cost of this is that she would not be able to outspeed any of the raw offensive forces like Karla or Ayra. +Spd on the other hand gets far more kills if she is within Desperation range, but does lose a total of 6 potential damage on each attack and can only reach maximum results if she is within Desperation and Lyfjaberg range at the same time, which can be hard if not carefully planned out.

I wanna ask, because this is not something I want to screw up for one of my first +10 merge units: which nature do you think Eir would appreciate most? I'm leaning a little towards +Atk myself since it lets her run her default kit and function without needing to enter a certain HP range, but I recognize the potential power in +Spd.

For clarification, I used this simulator and put the enemy units listing Filtered Full List through +5 merge, Fury and Moonbow overrides, and +Spd IVs.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I wanna ask, because this is not something I want to screw up for one of my first +10 merge units: which nature do you think Eir would appreciate most? I'm leaning a little towards +Atk myself since it lets her run her default kit and function without needing to enter a certain HP range, but I recognize the potential power in +Spd.

I'd go +atk. I wouldn't give her Desperation unless you were planning to replace her weapon, the recoil damage will make it even harder to maintain the optimal HP range and so would defeat the purpose of +spd.

9 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I'd go +atk. I wouldn't give her Desperation unless you were planning to replace her weapon, the recoil damage will make it even harder to maintain the optimal HP range and so would defeat the purpose of +spd.

...OOOH, is that why she's recovering 2 HP when her HP is over 50% and 6 under? OOOOH, I feel stupid now. I was wondering where this recoil damage was supposed to be...

Yeah I'll probably go for +Atk in that case.

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...OOOH, is that why she's recovering 2 HP when her HP is over 50% and 6 under? OOOOH, I feel stupid now. I was wondering where this recoil damage was supposed to be...

Yeah, the post-combat HP manipulation occures at the same time. She “loses” 4 HP and “recovers” 6 at the same time for a net result of +2.

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Through sheer dumb luck (as I wasn't pulling for her specifically), I have the ability to +10 Eir. I also have the choice between +Atk -Def and +Spd -Def, both good IVs but I only have the choice of one to make the +10.

I've weighed the boons and banes of both. +Atk is able to run her default kit, which would be worth a decent amount in Arena, and get more kills than +Spd at full HP, which would be more beneficial to the types of game modes she can be expected to battle in, though a cost of this is that she would not be able to outspeed any of the raw offensive forces like Karla or Ayra. +Spd on the other hand gets far more kills if she is within Desperation range, but does lose a total of 6 potential damage on each attack and can only reach maximum results if she is within Desperation and Lyfjaberg range at the same time, which can be hard if not carefully planned out.

For clarification, I used this simulator and put the enemy units listing Filtered Full List through +5 merge, Fury and Moonbow overrides, and +Spd IVs.

I agree with @Baldrick. Her performance is bottled neck by her Atk. You normally want to increase Spd for most units, but like Caeda and other low Atk units, Eir's performance will increase more if you increase Atk instead of Spd. If you want a more consistent performing build, you can go with Starfish-Chill Def. Compared to Lyfjaberg, against the Chilled target, you get Spd-1 in return for Atk+1 and ease of maintaining a certain HP threshold, which means more consistent performance.

The following builds assumes she got 6/6/0/0.

Eir +Atk Lufjaberg
Player Phase [Hard List +10] 141:93:14
Player Phase [Filtered Full] 185:47:85
Eir +Spd Lufjaberg
Player Phase [Hard List +10] 137:94:17
Player Phase [Filtered Full] 173:50:94

Eir +Atk Barb Shuriken
Player Phase [Hard List +10] 117:119:12
Player Phase [Filtered Full] 159:54:104
Eir +Spd Barb Shuriken
Player Phase [Hard List +10] 104:123:21
Player Phase [Filtered Full] 139:54:124

Eir +Atk Starfish
Player Phase [Hard List +10] 134:103:11
Player Phase [Filtered Full] 173:53:91
Eir +Spd Starfish
Player Phase [Hard List +10] 125:108:15
Player Phase [Filtered Full] 156:54:107

Challengers:

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Eir (5*+10 +atk)  
Weapon: Lyfjaberg  
Special: Iceberg  
A: Swift Sparrow 2  
B: Mystic Boost 3  
C: Sparkling Boost  
S: Attack 3  

Eir (5*+10 +spd)  
Weapon: Lyfjaberg  
Special: Iceberg  
B: Mystic Boost 3  
S: Attack 3  

Eir (5*+10 +atk -def)  
Weapon: Barb Shuriken+  
Special: Moonbow  
B: Desperation 3  
S: Speed 3  
Upgrade Path: 2  

Eir (5*+10 +spd -def)  
Weapon: Barb Shuriken+  

Eir (5*+10 +atk -def)  
Weapon: Starfish+  
B: Chill Def 3  

Eir (5*+10 +spd -def)  
Weapon: Starfish+  
B: Chill Def 3  

Caeda (5*+10 +atk -hp)  
Weapon: Wing Sword  
A: Life and Death 3  
C: Fortify Fliers  
Upgrade Path: 5  

Caeda (5*+10 +spd -hp)  
A: Life and Death 3  

Caeda (5*+10 +atk -hp)  

Caeda (5*+10 +spd -hp)  

Filtered Full

Spoiler

ENEMIES - FILTERED FULL LIST  
Include: melee, ranged, red, blue, green, gray, physical, magical, infantry, cavalry, flying, armored, staff, nonstaff  
Rarity: 5*  
Merge: +10  
Boon: +spd  
Replace Special: true  
A: Fury 3  
Replace A: true  
S: HP 5  
Replace S: false  
:::Status  
Spur: atk 4, spd 4, def 4, res 4 

I'm building Alfonse and I was thinking I could give him the following set:

Folkvangr

Reciprocal aid/Reposition

Bonfire

Brazen atk/def 3

Vantage 3

Threaten def 3

Brazen atk/res 3/Close def

Does this set work? And which refone should I give him? Is triangle adept better or is it redundant with the brazen skills and it would be better to go with a def or atk refine?

35 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

Folkvangr

Bonfire

Brazen atk/def 3

Vantage 3

Threaten def 3

Does this set work? And which refone should I give him? Is triangle adept better or is it redundant with the brazen skills and it would be better to go with a def or atk refine?

Sadly enough he's gonna get his ass handed to him. Funnily enough his speed is decent with with a speed refine and a speed seal. Throw in a A-slot and speed buffs. TA is okay with Swordbreaker

It might be expensive, but here's what I'd recommend

Folkvangr (+eff)

Galeforce

Death Blow

Swordbreaker

Savage Blow

Heavy Blade

Edited by silveraura25

33 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

It depends on what you're using him for. If he's your Arena bonus unit intended to solo kill everything, then you want to avoid the Triangle Adept refine and go for Def instead. If not, then Triangle Adept is fine.

I generally don't suggest using Vantage unless you're expecting to be able to one-hit kill most of the enemies relevant to you, which Alfonse isn't really amazing at. I'd suggest Swordbreaker, Quick Riposte, Wrath, or Brash Assault + Desperation. If you're using him as an Arena soloer, use Renewal instead.

2 hours ago, Yukiko said:

Folkvangr

Bonfire

Brazen atk/def 3

Vantage 3

Threaten def 3

I recommend Desperation-Brash Assault if you are in the score range of 720+. This is what I use when Alfonse is the bonus unit:

Fólkvangr [Atk]
Reposition
Luna — (Any Special)
Brazen Atk/Def
Desperation
Atk Tactic — (Any C)
Brash Assault

If you are going with Desperation-Brash Assault, Atk Refine is best in my opinion to increase his damage output. I do not think Def Refine is not necessary in the score range of 720+, as performance builds become less common, so it is pretty safe to let Alfonse take a hit or two as long as you make sure there are no Wings of Mercy enemies. I have not been in score ranges under 720 for a long time now, so I am not sure if Desperation-Brash Assault might be as feasible.

I'm having trouble whenever I face Veronica in the Arena.  She one-shots pretty much any unit I throw out, and is mobile enough that I often can't get to her to attack during my turn.  What are other people using to take her on?

1 hour ago, JJ48 said:

I'm having trouble whenever I face Veronica in the Arena.  She one-shots pretty much any unit I throw out, and is mobile enough that I often can't get to her to attack during my turn.  What are other people using to take her on?

Eir should be able to safely bait her due to her naturally high Spd and Res and Mystic Boost negating the effect of Wrathful Staff. Armors with decent Res and Wary Fighter (also Legendary Hector and regular Myrrh) also work.

You can also use other units with high Spd and Res, though Eir is the cheapest option.

I have a few Est copies that I might do a merge project on, given her new weapon, and I want to know if the specific condition of her being with two spaces of fliers (she'll be fielded in a melee flier team anyhoo) would pose problems with triggering the Brave effect of her spear?

4 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

I want to know if the specific condition of her being with two spaces of fliers (she'll be fielded in a melee flier team anyhoo) would pose problems with triggering the Brave effect of her spear?

Fliers are the most mobile type of units anyway, unhindered by terrain and able to run Flier Formation if necessary, and Reposition on every member of the team helps amazingly.

51 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I'm building a TA, QR M!Robin

which + & - IV would be better for him + ATK or + DEF & - SPD, - HP?

Hmm. I'd say +atk nature as his bulk is already pretty decent and he won't be having much trouble against reds and colorless with TA active. For his b-slot I'd recommend lancebreaker instead of QR (if that's what you planned for his b-slot) as that helps out him with checking units of his color as well. The bond skill would be pretty good for his seal slot as it gives him a good attack boost that's enough to possibly OHKO units he has WTA against. Add to the fact that having an adjacent ally for mages is rather easy