"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

What is a better Laegjarn nature? +Def, -Res or +Atk -HP?
I'm leaning towards the former for a speedy tank but I'm open to suggestions.

Edited by NekoKnight

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, XRay said:

Unless you face a lot of high Res opponents or something, 29 Res should be enough against most melee units and some ranged units. You can also use Fury on the A slot to further boost his Ploy ability as well as combat performance at the same time. If you do not want to run Ploys then literally any C slot you like to use is fine. If you are willing to spend Heroic Grails, Drive Atk from BB!Marth is always good, or you can simply go with Hone Attack if you want something cheap.

I personally do not recommend Vantage on any unit unless the unit has super high Atk or can simulate it (e.g.: Pain healers, WOT!Reinhardt's dual phase Brave, etc.).

I would stick with your gut and build him to be a unit to how you want to use him. The Owl effect is a waste if you do not play him that way, so if you feel the Res Refine is better and you want to do Ploys, then go with that.

Player Phase:
Wind's Brand [Spd] — Gronnblade
Reposition — (Any Assist)
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Atk and Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
Speed +3

Enemy Phase Spd Tank:
Wind's Brand [Effect] — Wind's Brand [Spd]
Moonbow
Atk/Spd Bond — (Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Quick Riposte — Guard
(Any C)
Darting Stance — Distant Def — Quick Riposte

Enemy Phase Res Tank:
Wind's Brand [Effect] — Wind's Brand [Res]
Iceberg
Atk/Res Bond — (Any A that boosts Atk/Res)
Quick Riposte — Guard
(Any C)
Distant Def — Quick Riposte

Support Ploy:
Wind's Brand [Res]
Moonbow
Fury
Quick Riposte — (Any Chills)
(Any C)
Res +3 — (Any Ploys)

Yeah, I really don't think I'll be running him where Owl will be worth it and I'd rather be able to do the Ploys~ Thanks for the suggestions!

21 hours ago, XRay said:

You will need to play around with the options a little. Below the blue <Challenger> and red <Enemies> box, there is a box called <Duel Rules>. In the <Duel Rules> box, check <Enable Mass Enemy Adjustment>; it might be hard to see, but it is in the lower right corner of the box.

Aha! Thanks. I knew there had to be a way to do it. But for somereason didn't think to consider that checking the box would open the menu for the adjustments.

21 hours ago, XRay said:

Tanks generally want +Def/Res. Tanks that go +Atk usually have some way of preventing enemy doubles. Hríd cannot be doubled by debuffed enemies; Omnibreaker Hector, MOO!Hector, AOTB!Hector cannot be doubled at all unless the enemy got Breakers or Null Follow-Up; Leo can run dual Atk/Def Bond and reach 35 Def, which almost no Player Phase or dual phase ranged unit would reach except maybe TOD!Jakob or WE!Tharja. On the other hand, Myrrh still needs +Def though since a lot of melee units have higher Def than her.

If you are just using him as a bonus unit, I found Brazen Atk/Def-Despertion-Brash Assault builds to be relatively cheap and pretty easy use on super bulky units. You can let them tank a hit from weaker color or even same color enemies to reach that HP range, and then you can decimate the rest of the enemy team.

I had wondered if his Wary Fighter use would have put him in the +ATK favor camp, but perhaps not. Though I have had several times where he just misses the counter KO after nuking their HP with his ability. And once I had to time his bonfire because an Adult Tiki(I think) would take 0 damage from him. I don't know if the attack boon would have let him kill her at 1 hp though. I don't remember what the stats were.

Unfortunately the reason I am planning to use him is due to his ease of scoring the bonus kills combined with the fact that I can apparently see 746 point matches with him on my team. Using the calculator it looks like his 180BST option can push that to 748 if I also up Eirika's A from Fury to Brazen or even give her DC like I have wanted to do for ages. And with every bonus kill and fishing 748+12 might just be enough to stay in 21(3800 total). Curious to see how close I can get without having to do something silly. Anyways point being a Brazen/Desperate/Brash would knock that idea off the shelf, it is something I'll have to remember for other bonus units though. Though I haven't upgraded mine. Despite it having been pivotal in some Abyssal clears. But usually in those cases I don't need the higher hp threshold so. . . it gets left on the table rather than put in the forge.

Edited by Usana

38 minutes ago, Usana said:

Aha! Thanks. I knew there had to be a way to do it. But for somereason didn't think to consider that checking the box would open the menu for the adjustments.

Yeah, I did not realize that box existed either until a month or two ago. It is like hidden in plain site.

38 minutes ago, Usana said:

I had wondered if his Wary Fighter use would have put him in the +ATK favor camp, but perhaps not. Though I have had several times where he just misses the counter KO after nuking their HP with his ability. And once I had to time his bonfire because an Adult Tiki(I think) would take 0 damage from him. I don't know if the attack boon would have let him kill her at 1 hp though. I don't remember what the stats were.

If you have not done so yet, you can try Atk Tactic and Drive Atk on one of your babysitters/cheerleaders. It would buff his Atk by 9.

6 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

What is a better Laegjarn nature? +Def, -Res or +Atk -HP?
I'm leaning towards the former for a speedy tank but I'm open to suggestions.

[+Def, -Res] is better as an Enemy Phase unit and [+Atk, -HP] is better as a Player Phase unit. Níu is more effective as a Player Phase Weapon in my opinion, since once you are in Desperation range, you are not getting hit anymore. It is fine as an Enemy Phase Weapon too, but she may be dependent on healing support if you want her to keep fighting more than one or two rounds of combat.

Edited by XRay

What are some good galeforce units and team comps for aether raids and what should their builds be like?

I'm thinking about double fury Eldigan with heavy blade sacred seal due to having 4 CD galeforce. Double fury also allows him to get into WoM range easily. His B skill should be hit and run so that he can easily retreat after attacking if need be. 

Another idea is using Cherche but give her heavy blade in her A skill so that I can give her QP for a 4 CD galeforce. Also, thinking of giving her hit and run so that she can retreat after engaging the enemy. 

What other units should I have on my team? I'm going to go with another flyer or horse unit to go with Cherche or Eldigan. Most likely Myrrh and Cecelia as they can common ranged threats. A dancer is always useful, probably Micaiah for Cherche and Azura for Eldigan for weapon triangle coverage. The last unit should be a bonus unit with smite so that traps can be triggered without wasting the galeforce units turn. 

Other ideas I have are Leif and Titania but Leif has less move than Eldigan and I don't want to waste another 20k feathers to give him a slaying edge whereas Eldigan already comes with a -1 CD weapon. Leif's less move means he has a hard time retreating especially if I keep his B skill S drink but at least he can double far more easily. 

Titania's problem is her low attack so heavy blade might not proc especially if I use a slaying axe instead of her prf. Enough merges and a +atk IV can help her but I'm not prepared to spend so many feathers on her just yet. 

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

What are some good galeforce units and team comps for aether raids and what should their builds be like?

I'm thinking about double fury Eldigan with heavy blade sacred seal due to having 4 CD galeforce. Double fury also allows him to get into WoM range easily. His B skill should be hit and run so that he can easily retreat after attacking if need be. 

Another idea is using Cherche but give her heavy blade in her A skill so that I can give her QP for a 4 CD galeforce. Also, thinking of giving her hit and run so that she can retreat after engaging the enemy. 

What other units should I have on my team? I'm going to go with another flyer or horse unit to go with Cherche or Eldigan. Most likely Myrrh and Cecelia as they can common ranged threats. A dancer is always useful, probably Micaiah for Cherche and Azura for Eldigan for weapon triangle coverage. The last unit should be a bonus unit with smite so that traps can be triggered without wasting the galeforce units turn. 

Other ideas I have are Leif and Titania but Leif has less move than Eldigan and I don't want to waste another 20k feathers to give him a slaying edge whereas Eldigan already comes with a -1 CD weapon. Leif's less move means he has a hard time retreating especially if I keep his B skill S drink but at least he can double far more easily. 

Titania's problem is her low attack so heavy blade might not proc especially if I use a slaying axe instead of her prf. Enough merges and a +atk IV can help her but I'm not prepared to spend so many feathers on her just yet. 

@DehNutCase got plenty of experience with Galeforce, so I think he might be able to help you out more. I think he only uses Cordelia as his sole Galeforce on his team and he runs dual Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers.

If I remember correctly, his Cordelia got:
Slaying Lance [Spd]
Reposition
Galeforce
Life and Death
Desperation
Savage Blow
Heavy Blade

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Since a lot of Aether raids teams have high offense and mobility, it’s better to go all-in with a Galeforce team and knock off all but one enemy, then you can control the rest of the match easily. PEdit: As XRay says, DehNutCase knows a lot, and one Galeforce user means less feather investment.

Of the options you listed, I think Eldigan is the best option as he has 3 move and can reach half HP on his own. In addition to WoM dancers, I would also run a WoM healer (a horse with Hone Cavalry would be ideal) so that you can heal him up at the end.

@Icelerate Galeforce units need incredibly heavy investment in both feathers and team composition to be consistent. My Cordelia is +10 with perfect IVs and I still won't run her unless I also bring Flying Azura in for Hone Fliers and the occasional Ally Support Spur. Like, I'm fine with running my neutral Horse Lyn +1 and no Hone whatsoever for her, because her job doesn't require a lot of stats, but Galeforce has some hilarious stat requirements to be consistent.

If all you use them for is as a backup plan, though, you can probably get away with just running three colors of Galeforce users in 3 different teams and picking whichever one has the right color.

Beyond that it's mostly a matter of picking the right supports, if you run a horse Galeforce user then Bow Lucina is pretty good because it lets them initiate against other melee horses without costing a unit-turn. (You use Future Vision to make the horse go 1 square forward), but Fliers---which pass the stat checks for Heavy Blade and Doubling and not dying to the counter more easily---need reposition to hit horses. This means you'd prefer horses to support fliers, because as you repo the flier forward your horse ends up in a good position to be danced. (Since it's 1 square into the 'threat range' of the enemy team.)

Honestly using Galeforce properly is complicated enough that I don't recommend it unless you honestly enjoy hyper-offensive teams like the type I like to run. I had a lot of practice using Galeforce outside of Aether Raids because I used it in Arena for ages. (Cordelia has been on my arena teams 90% of the time ever since Flying Azura got released.)

Edit: The general requirements for a Galeforce users I like to run is either horse or flier, High Atk, High Spd, and high mixed bulk (which usually means high hp and sameish def/res). +Atk/-Res Cordelia has basically the perfect spread for my type of Galeforce user.

Edited by DehNutCase

Is it worth it to spend Aether Stones on an extra team slot? Encountering teams of 5 is becoming the norm for me but I've been able to manage with 4 units so I'm debating if I should spend the stones on structures instead. What's making me hesitant to add the extra team slot is the potential lost of lift for a 5 unit team as I'm not sure if the 5th team member will make me lose an extra 20 lift should my defense team go down, which is more likely to happen than a successful defense. However, by that same logic, I can increase my lift by an extra 20 points upon successful raids if my assumption is correct. Can someone with a team of 5+ members confirm?

Edited by Flying Shogi

4 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Can someone with a team of 5+ members confirm?

Points gain on a successful attack is capped at 100, and points loss on a failed defence is capped at 80. (or is always 80?)

34 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Is it worth it to spend Aether Stones on an extra team slot? Encountering teams of 5 is becoming the norm for me but I've been able to manage with 4 units so I'm debating if I should spend the stones on structures instead. What's making me hesitant to add the extra team slot is the potential lost of lift for a 5 unit team as I'm not sure if the 5th team member will make me lose an extra 20 lift should my defense team go down, which is more likely to happen than a successful defense. However, by that same logic, I can increase my lift by an extra 20 points upon successful raids if my assumption is correct. Can someone with a team of 5+ members confirm?

spending it on the slot gives you more dew. 
(I'm guessing if you sent it on the structure you get more dew too).  but i am finding having the 5th person helpful. (but i used mine on offense)

3 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Honestly using Galeforce properly is complicated enough that I don't recommend it unless you honestly enjoy hyper-offensive teams like the type I like to run. I had a lot of practice using Galeforce outside of Aether Raids because I used it in Arena for ages. (Cordelia has been on my arena teams 90% of the time ever since Flying Azura got released.)

I enjoy running Celica + three dancers in infernal challenges along with aether raids because she gets into WoM range pretty easily and just nukes everything into oblivion so I'm interested in hyper-offensive teams. I just don't want to waste 20k feathers and a Cordelia on a unit that ends up being useless because I barely use Eldigan since I have Ares. I might test it out on Cherche because I do use her quite a bit due to having the right IVs and have her at 4*+10 and she's very powerful. 

58 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I enjoy running Celica + three dancers in infernal challenges along with aether raids because she gets into WoM range pretty easily and just nukes everything into oblivion so I'm interested in hyper-offensive teams. I just don't want to waste 20k feathers and a Cordelia on a unit that ends up being useless because I barely use Eldigan since I have Ares. I might test it out on Cherche because I do use her quite a bit due to having the right IVs and have her at 4*+10 and she's very powerful. 

Mind that Brave Weapon Galeforce is significantly worse at activating Wings of Mercy than Slaying Weapon, even if you can get around the cd issue with Quickened Pulse and Heavy Blade. (I also don't like running Heavy Blade in the A-slot because of losing a stat skill and killing an Ike, but I'm a miser when it comes to 5* exclusives.)

That said, Axe-Breaker Cherche should have a bit better coverage than Cordelia, so I don't hate it as a set. If you can deal with losing unit turns from WoM not being as reliable it should be fine. (I hope you have a flying dancer with Hone Fliers, though.)

Edit: Personally I dislike Hit and Run on a Galeforce user because when I use them, it's because I want to leverage the fact that they start a new turn right next to the enemy formation. If you prefer to hit and run then you do you.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Mind that Brave Weapon Galeforce is significantly worse at activating Wings of Mercy than Slaying Weapon, even if you can get around the cd issue with Quickened Pulse and Heavy Blade. (I also don't like running Heavy Blade in the A-slot because of losing a stat skill and killing an Ike, but I'm a miser when it comes to 5* exclusives.)

That said, Axe-Breaker Cherche should have a bit better coverage than Cordelia, so I don't hate it as a set. If you can deal with losing unit turns from WoM not being as reliable it should be fine. (I hope you have a flying dancer with Hone Fliers, though.)

I can sacrifice Jamke since he comes with heavy blade. 20k feathers go down the drain or I can opt to use the second tier version since Cherche has abnormally high attack. 

I do like using axe-breaker Cherche but what do you think about using hit and run to run away. The goal is to trigger the horses so that you can pick them off once they have broken their formation. The WoM strategy can work but I think that's a lot riskier.

Unfortunately, I don't have a flying dancer yet. I do covet flying dancers for tactic teams but the ones that have been released don't appeal to me character wise so I didn't bother pulling. Also when their banners came out, I wasn't a huge fan of dancers until I started using them recently. 

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

I can sacrifice Jamke since he comes with heavy blade. 20k feathers go down the drain or I can opt to use the second tier version since Cherche has abnormally high attack. 

I do like using axe-breaker Cherche but what do you think about using hit and run to run away. The goal is to trigger the horses so that you can pick them off once they have broken their formation. The WoM strategy can work but I think that's a lot riskier.

Unfortunately, I don't have a flying dancer yet. I do covet flying dancers for tactic teams but the ones that have been released don't appeal to me character wise so I didn't bother pulling. Also when their banners came out, I wasn't a huge fan of dancers until I started using them recently. 

I edited my post above, but I'll repeat my opinion on hit and run---personally, I don't like it. When I use Galeforce it's because I want to leverage the fact that my new turn happens right next to the enemy team. That's because I hate playing 'slowly,' though---I don't use staffs even though I run offensive teams because they don't kill fast enough for me, same for firesweep weapons.

If you prefer to be safe then you can try out hit and run if you want. I do have drag back on Cordelia from back when I thought about it---I just ended up swapping back to desperation because I realized I prefer to just straight up kill people immediately.

16 hours ago, Icelerate said:

@DehNutCase Pretty much covered everything there is to say about Aether Raids. 

Among other GF units, I do have a 5*+10 Cherche with Heavy Blade and she procs Galeforce like a charm (had her at 4*+10 before, that works too). Her main problem is to get into WoM range, but you could run her together with Cordelia to kill green units. After Cordelia initiated, Cherche could beam in (WoM), kill the next unit and proc Galeforce herself. 

Cheche's advantage is she doesn't need Hone Fliers, a buff from ATK Tactic is enough. 

Cavs are great GF units too because of their bigger range and cheap buff SI, but Aether Raid maps generally have a lot of obstacles and (compared to Flier school) Cav School is very common there.

Do you have spring Alfonse? He has better ATK than Titania and workable SPD. I made BB!Marth my green Cav GF unit, but I don't use him apart from one-turn clears in BHB/GHB maps. 

On 9.12.2018 at 4:39 PM, Granny said:

Has anyone around here some experience with +10 Azama? I'm thinking of building one mainly for my defense team in Aether Raids. I got one spare Fort. Res/Def, which would probably fit nicely. But I'm not sure if he is worth the effort.

Azama is a nice unit that can work wonders but he needs a different playstyle and allies. He is crap in Defense Teams unless you pair him up with bulky units that are hard to take down. (As in himself or high bulk armorers) the problem with Azama is he imposes no threat due to dealing no kill dmg so you need to build a Team around stalling turns.

14 hours ago, Hilda said:

Azama is a nice unit that can work wonders but he needs a different playstyle and allies. He is crap in Defense Teams unless you pair him up with bulky units that are hard to take down. (As in himself or high bulk armorers) the problem with Azama is he imposes no threat due to dealing no kill dmg so you need to build a Team around stalling turns.

Thank you. After reading this, I think I need to get some more DC armors first.

Hey there, I've been working on a few units and currently i'm just grinding feathers since I can't promote anyone anymore. I've got a few units in my 4 star pool that have great Iv's and a few manuals to merge them when I have feathers. However, i also have some 5 stars that could benefit from a merge or two. It's just that I can't see the woods because of the trees anymore and i am losing my grip on the larger picture. 

So if anyone if interested I've got a sheet here with all my units and manuals (A lot of 5 star units have not been filled in yet, they all have their vanilla skills) and I'd appreciate a second opinion from an outside source. Maybe someone here sees a neat combination of skills/merges that I haven't thought of and I'm genuinely interested in other peoples teambuilding perspectives. =]

So if anyone has the time, I'd appreciate it if you would be so kind to take a glance, I'm currently just a bit stuck in trying to build units. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-b_FwqcBVBK9d3EFVcocsjwDMKAt5QZVjaMlcvqCNTA/edit?usp=sharing

9 hours ago, Tree said:

Is it worth getting Lewyn just to give Special Spiral to Legendary Ike?

No. Most Enemy Phase units should almost always have Quick Riposte either on their B slot or Sacred Seal slot, and the slot that does not have Quick Riposte should have a skill that reduces damage, such as Guard on the B slot or Distant Def on the Sacred Seal slot.

17 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Hey there, I've been working on a few units and currently i'm just grinding feathers since I can't promote anyone anymore. I've got a few units in my 4 star pool that have great Iv's and a few manuals to merge them when I have feathers. However, i also have some 5 stars that could benefit from a merge or two. It's just that I can't see the woods because of the trees anymore and i am losing my grip on the larger picture. 

So if anyone if interested I've got a sheet here with all my units and manuals (A lot of 5 star units have not been filled in yet, they all have their vanilla skills) and I'd appreciate a second opinion from an outside source. Maybe someone here sees a neat combination of skills/merges that I haven't thought of and I'm genuinely interested in other peoples teambuilding perspectives. =]

So if anyone has the time, I'd appreciate it if you would be so kind to take a glance, I'm currently just a bit stuck in trying to build units. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-b_FwqcBVBK9d3EFVcocsjwDMKAt5QZVjaMlcvqCNTA/edit?usp=sharing

I recommend consulting the Template builds thread under the Analysis subsection.

Here is a list of the most common basic builds.

Spoiler

Player Phase units: Ranged, Tome, fast
+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res
Blade
Glimmer — Moonbow — (Blazing/Growing Specials) — (Any Specials)
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
Speed +3 — Heavy Blade — Flashing Blade — Brazen Atk/Res

Player Phase units: Ranged, Bow, fast
+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res
Brave Bow
Luna
Desperation
(Any C)
Attack +3 — Speed +3 — Brazen Atk/Res

Player Phase units: Ranged, Bow, fast
+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res
Firesweep Bow
Moonbow — Luna — (Blazing/Growing Specials)
Life and Death — Atk/Spd Solo
Poison Strike — Cancel Affinity — (Any B)
(Any C)
Poison Strike — Attack +3 — Speed +3 — Heavy Blade — Flashing Blade

Player Phase units: Ranged, Bow, slow
+Atk, -HP/Spd/Def/Res
Brave Bow
Moonbow
Death Blow
Desperation* — (Any B)
(Any C)
Heavy Blade — Quickened Pulse — Attack +3 — Brash Assault"
*Desperation and Brash Assault are paired together.

Player Phase units: Melee, Physical, fast
+Atk/Spd, -HP/Res
Slaying [Spd] — Wo/Harmonic [Spd]
Moonbow
Desperation
(Any C)
Speed +3 — Heavy Blade — Flashing Blade

Player Phase units: Melee, Physical, slow
+Atk, -Spd/Res
Brave
Moonbow
Death Blow
Desperation* — (Any B)
(Any C)
Heavy Blade — Quickened Pulse — Attack +3 — Brash Assault"
*Desperation and Brash Assault are paired together.

Enemy Phase: Ranged, slow
+Def/Res, -Spd
Guard Bow/Serpent [Def] — Guard Bow/Serpent [Res] — Owl [Def] — Owl [Res]
Reposition — Swap — (Any Assist)
Bonfire — Iceberg
Close Counter — (Any A that boosts Atk/Def/Res)
Quick Riposte — Guard*
(Any C)
Distant Def — Atk/Def Bond — Quick Riposte*
*If running Guard on the B slot, then run Quick Riposte on the Sacred Seal slot.

Enemy Phase: Melee, Physical, fast
+Atk/Spd, -Res
Reprisal [Spd] — Wo/Harmonic [Spd]
Moonbow
Distant Counter — (Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Quick Riposte — Guard*
(Any C)
Darting Stance — Close Def — Quick Riposte*
*If running Guard on the B slot, then run Quick Riposte on the Sacred Seal slot.

+Atk/Spd, -HP/DefRes
Moonbow
Distant Counter — (Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Quick Riposte — Guard*
(Any C)

+Atk/Spd, -HP/DefRes
Ignis — Glacies
Steady Breath — Warding Breath — (Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Quick Riposte — Guard*
(Any C)

Enemy Phase units: Melee, slow
+Def/Res, -Spd
Safeguard [Def] — Safeguard [Res] — Barrier [Def] — Barrier [Res] — Reprisal [Def] — Reprisal [Res]
Ignis — Glacies — Aether
Steady Breath — Warding Breath — (Any A that boosts Atk/Def/Res)
Quick Riposte — Guard*
(Any C)
Close Def — Atk/Def Bond — Quick Riposte*

Enemy Phase units: Melee, slow
+Def/Res, -Spd
Safeguard [Def] — Safeguard [Res] — Barrier [Def] — Barrier [Res] — Reprisal [Def] — Reprisal [Res] — Slaying [Def]** — Slaying [Res]**
Bonfire — Iceberg — Ignis** — Glacies**
Distant Counter
Quick Riposte — Guard*
(Any C)
Close Def — Atk/Def Bond — Quick Riposte*
**Slaying is paired with Ignis/Glacies.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

No. Most Enemy Phase units should almost always have Quick Riposte either on their B slot or Sacred Seal slot, and the slot that does not have Quick Riposte should have a skill that reduces damage, such as Guard on the B slot or Distant Def on the Sacred Seal slot.

Oh, too bad... My Ike hasn't been performing all that well and this just looked really fun: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9gyvgt/legendary_ike_becomes_thanos_upon_obtaining/

Would Steady Stance 4 (with Guard) and the Quick Reposte seal make it worthwhile?

2 hours ago, Tree said:

Oh, too bad... My Ike hasn't been performing all that well and this just looked really fun: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9gyvgt/legendary_ike_becomes_thanos_upon_obtaining/

The point of that Tempest Trials build is for autobattling. Enemies that attack him will immediately be replied with a Radiant Aether to their face to take back some lost HP and maybe kill them. Being doubled is a non issue in that mode since many enemies are weak and have skill sets that are no where near optimal. That VL!Ike will not do as well in Aether Raids where you need to immediately kill the enemy you baited or else you will make yourself extra vulnerable to enemies with Wings of Mercy, Vantage, Desperation, Dance/Sing, etc.

2 hours ago, Tree said:

Would Steady Stance 4 (with Guard) and the Quick Reposte seal make it worthwhile?

That could work, but be aware that his first round performance would be absolute shit though, so you have to set him up first with a green or red enemy.

If you want him to face mages too, then I recommend waiting for Warding Stance 4 to come out instead of giving him Steady Stance 4.