Heroes needs to be made easier.

Anacybele

22 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

The variance would make sense. So would you say you have a problem with the manaketes the most? It would make sense if you still haven't got yourself a decent magic user and your team is generally low in Resistance.

The healers won't be an issue unless they're the ones that want to lower your stats. Staves do half Damage after normal calculations. I'm not big on healers in Arena since you're against AI than real players. AI's just gonna aggro you. It's a matter of baiting them with the right units.

Make a well-rounded team. I've been doing okay with 3 physical and 1 magic. I'd recommend Cecilia/Robin if you don't have other magic units. If you raise Cecilia to 3*, she has access to the green version of Robin's tome. Her flaws seem to be she's a glass cannon and situational passives (+Attack and Escape Route), but she has access to Rally Resistance. Robin is still the best choice but you'll need to work with him.

If Robin is low enough, he can be with the Anna and Alphonse team. If your Olivia has Dance/Hone Attacks, she's probably good enough to be the fourth slot. You're short a lance but that's what Robin's there for.

By the way, Lissa is actually decent for a healer. She's a strange one, being tanky, but she has Rehabilitate, which is a guaranteed full heal if the unit falls to <7 HP. I find her perfect for raising people down at the lower stratums. Not giving her a staff means she won't accidentally kill people. Her being tanky means she won't die (bonus if she has Renewal). Rehabilitate means nobody's dying.

It must be a 4 or 5 star skill for her then, because I didn't see it on the list of skills I could give her. I wasn't going to upgrade her anytime soon either, as I said. It's because I want to save up 20,000 feathers to make one of my 4 stars a 5 star.

I've tried using Robin, I just can't. He keeps dying on maps that would give him exp and on the maps he can actually survive in, he doesn't get any. And Lissa can't heal enough damage to help him much right now. Otherwise, I'd probably try that idea since it was helpful in getting Virion to 4 stars.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It must be a 4 or 5 star skill for her then, because I didn't see it on the list of skills I could give her. I wasn't going to upgrade her anytime soon either, as I said. It's because I want to save up 20,000 feathers to make one of my 4 stars a 5 star.

I've tried using Robin, I just can't. He keeps dying on maps that would give him exp and on the maps he can actually survive in, he doesn't get any. And Lissa can't heal enough damage to help him much right now. Otherwise, I'd probably try that idea since it was helpful in getting Virion to 4 stars.

It's 3* for Dance and 4* for Rehabilitate.

Eh, like, I think getting the 4*s is better than getting the one 5* at this point. We're at the beginning of the game's life span so we're all trying to get our feathers. I haven't spent many feathers myself (~2400) but I know I'll one day have my 5* and I'll know who to use it on. I thought it was going to be Olivia but I've changed my mind then.

I mean, you do you, but just a recommendation: make a well-rounded roster first. It'll make trips to the Arena better and training easier. It's a heck of a lot cheaper. You can get 10 4*s at the same cost of one 5*. You'll also get access to the skills that I'm talking about (Rehabilitate, Dance, etc.) and better stats.

For now, try two healers or one healer/one support dedicated to training Robin. Take one of your higher leveled units to act as a "Jeigan." Their goal is only to soften and potentially die as they won't get EXP if they're too high. If they have to take a kill, that's fine as long as it keeps Robin alive. Starting out, securing the few wins and keeping Robin alive is top priority. He may die along the way one in every two battles but as long as you get those wins in, he's progressing. And you definitely want to take advantage of the last hours of 1/2 stamina training tower.

Edited by Dual Dragons

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

By the way, 1/2 stamina training tower will stay forever.

Is there a source for this? I thought that the stamina cost for the training tower will double after like 2/20/17.

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

Is there a source for this? I thought that the stamina cost for the training tower will double after like 2/20/17.

A new announcement arrived at the billboard in the castle.

gQi8o2J.jpg

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Hide contents

gQi8o2J.jpg

Awesome, thanks for the heads-up! It seems that Nintendo/DeNA/IS is pretty receptive to player feedback.

Edited by Roflolxp54

8 hours ago, GrySun said:

After lvl 30 leveling is extremely slow though.

It really depends on the unit. I mean I have 6+ lv 40's. Only 2 of them are 5* because the rest don't fit my team and do not fit my play style. My Hector for example is only lv 21. For offensive units it takes like 3 days. Support units like healers are much harder to lvl up. Granted I do have a team designed to power lvl chars (weaken enemies and buff the unit I need to lvl up).

@Ana:

I love Frederick (one of my first lv40). His hone Def really really helps me out a lot! And 3 movement speed+high ATK means he can hunt down Mages.

Edited by Clogon

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

By the way, 1/2 stamina training tower will stay forever.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Whaaaaaat?

I just saw it. Wow! And new additions too. That's great! Thanks for letting me know!

@Anacybele Im sure you know already but it's almost as if Nintendo has read your frustrations. Their extending the free orbs, and in march they're gonna make leveling easier too XD. It's like Fils-a-mech and Sugaru read this exact forum post and were like "yknow anacybele is right, this game should be a little easier" lol

Edited by Arcanite

Bless nintendo for listening to people and making proper changes to not make the game totally frusterating. I knew they cared. I cant wait to see them work on the stamina thing later on when we get more chapters.

14 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Never even heard of that show before. Then again, I don't watch CN much anymore because it doesn't have much to interest me these days. It's gone so downhill.

But anyway, back on topic. Still don't really have a solid plan for 9-5 yet... I also still don't know how to win in the arena anymore. I don't want to be told I suck or anything... And I don't want to suck.

Do the beginner as I do the same as I don't think that I stand a chance on the higher difficulties.

14 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Hard mode isn't giving me any exp though. And yeah, I was saying before that I needed five star units, but people kept saying no, you can play through the game without them. I don't agree.

How has anyone gotten any units to lv. 40 so fast though? It's so slow past lv. 20 and you only have so much stamina, not to mention dueling swords and limited stuff to restore those. I haven't seen any way to get crystals other than high tower floors which you need more levels for in the first place.

Still. D:
It's a problem that you cannot use your reedeeming tokens other than the shield ones to buy the FE Heroes stuff.

9 hours ago, Dual Dragons said:

@Anacybele I don't know about Robin's Boon/Bane but he does have a rocky start, as someone who has been raising a 5*. I'd say keep at it if you can. It's still miles better than raising Sophia and you know you're getting a Takumi-killer or just a general advantage-against-two-colors person, unlike the previously mentioned. But as talked about before, these games require patience. I understand you're getting frustrated but just keep at it. You'll get there eventually.

Arena is in spoilers because it's lengthy.

Hide contents

The Arena right now is favored towards swords and Takumi (occasionally, Hector), so you need to make a team focused around that while still not weak to the occasional outlier team. Manaketes, as mentioned, are bad in their Resistance and also tend to be on the slower side. Either Tiki is rather common--and that's where Robin comes in. He's my MVP in the Arena for dealing with Takumi's and any reds. What level do you try to do in Arena (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)?

Here's how I believe the Arena works for the points (if I end up being wrong, I apologize): Next time you try Arena, check the points next to the level. The range given is points you'll receive depending on how many units survived on your side. If all four survive, you get the full value. If only one survive, you get the lowest value.

Some people do a "Safe Run" first. If I have this right, it's where you bring low level units (the Arena scales to what team you picked, I believe) and do Beginner and the occasional Intermediate/Advanced. It ends up getting the points you need for the 1600 feathers. With character bonus, this would mean a team such as: Sharena, Anna, Alfonse, and Robin (x3 multiplier bonus?). For reference, my team of Camilla, Robin, Olivia, and Abel, doing all Advanced, gets me nearly 4k. The only difference between you and me would be in regards to ranking and defense--and all the really means is that I get a bit more feathers than you.

Try that. Do a few Intermediate/Advanced matches first so in the case you fail it's only at the beginning of a run instead of later. Do the rest at Beginner. Just make sure to include as many bonus characters as you can since you need to hit that 3001+ mark.

As for being a better tactician, it's a skill that sharpens over time. That's why we can tell you how to make your team better but it's still up to you to get the best out of them. Just keep practicing. I'm sure you'll get the hang of this game soon enough.

@LordFrigid No worries :)

Since you also gain XP in the arena too.

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Hide contents

gQi8o2J.jpg

Great.
Make stamina infinite now for paid customers.

3 hours ago, Thany said:

Bless nintendo for listening to people and making proper changes to not make the game totally frusterating. I knew they cared. I cant wait to see them work on the stamina thing later on when we get more chapters.

It needs to be done immediately. It's getting more irritating by the minute. -.-

Edited by PuffPuff

To be fair, most units are pretty pants at 3*. Literally everyone would advise you to raise Robin and upgrade him at the earliest opportunity. There's a reason that rarity is not so easy or cheap to upgrade, and that's increased stats, better weapons and stronger skills.

7 hours ago, Clogon said:

@Ana:

I love Frederick (one of my first lv40). His hone Def really really helps me out a lot! And 3 movement speed+high ATK means he can hunt down Mages.

I love Freddy because he's a top favorite character in the series. <3 I love his skills and stats too though. ^^

7 hours ago, Arcanite said:

@Anacybele Im sure you know already but it's almost as if Nintendo has read your frustrations. Their extending the free orbs, and in march they're gonna make leveling easier too XD. It's like Fils-a-mech and Sugaru read this exact forum post and were like "yknow anacybele is right, this game should be a little easier" lol

Haha, yeah, it does seem like it, huh? :P

It's probably similar to Cecilia's escape skill (I think some other characters have this too...Anna iirc? Edit: Anna's got it on her 5* Weapon, Marth's got it, probably other people I'm forgetting/don't know about as well). For the escape, when you pick Cecilia when she's under the HP threshold, all the open tiles next to her allies will be highlighted a slightly lighter shade of blue. Tapping those tiles will let you move there. Tapping an enemy in attack range of those tiles will let you attack them, with the normal single-tap for preview, double-tap for confirm mechanics.

For Wings of Mercy, I'm guessing that when you pick Frederick, open tiles around allies below the HP threshold will be highlighted, and you can tap around as you please.

Side note, I personally find leveling Cecilia to be really fun because after she takes just about any hit (her defenses are meh) I can just warp her around the map as I please. It's kind of hilarious.

Edited by LordFrigid

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Just pulled a 4* Frederick.  How in the blazes does Wings of Mercy work?

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

For Wings of Mercy, I'm guessing that when you pick Frederick, open tiles around allies below the HP threshold will be highlighted, and you can tap around as you please.

Yep, this exactly.

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

What the fuck does this have to do with anything?

Nothing.

Just another small complaint about it hardly being present in addition to nerfing it.

13 hours ago, eclipse said:

Just pulled a 4* Frederick.  How in the blazes does Wings of Mercy work?

You will get highlighted blue spaces around the ally. It is great for situations like you hit Takumi with Kagero and both are low. Your Frederic is on the other side of the map due to hunting down Robin (m). He can passively warp next to Kagero to finish of Takumi while blocking any melee enemies from attacking her from that direction.