Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

1 hour ago, Luchi said:

I was slaugtered. xD Horse Emblem + two Reins? Yeah no. I probably needed to field a double Hector to counter that lol.

Hector wouldn't do anything when Reinhardt can OHKO him with Cavalry buffs.

At that point only a handful of high res green mages would be able to stop him (like Julia :D)

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Hector wouldn't do anything when Reinhardt can OHKO him with Cavalry buffs.

At that point only a handful of high res green mages would be able to stop him (like Julia :D)

Would a buffed Felicia be able to check a buffed Rein? Or is his brave ranged tome too much without triangle disadvantage?

Wait. They said two Reins.

Man, depending on the map, people may just potentially be screwed by that matchup.

Edited by shadowofchaos

5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Would a buffed Felicia be able to check a buffed Rein? Or is his brave ranged tome too much without triangle disadvantage?

A +Atk Reinhardt with Death Blow 3 can OHKO Felicia if he also has a Hone Cavalry buff or if Luna is active. 

However, if the Reinhardt is not +Atk or if he only has Death Blow 2, then Felicia just barely survives.

EDIT: Adding on to this, if he happens to have Luna active, then even a neutral Reinhardt with no Death Blow at all can still OHKO with Cavalry buffs. If he did not have Cavalry buffs but did have Luna active, then a neutral Rein could OHKO with Death Blow 3 (but not Death Blow 2). 

I didn't bother checking calcs for a -Atk Reinhardt. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

The walled map is the worst against horse emblem. I had my streak broken several times because of it.

I had previously managed a score of 4770, which coupled with a 290 defense score put me at around the 7K range for the ranking. I had used a team of Sanaki/Nino/Linde/Ike.

However I decided to try again using a Ike/Fae/Lukas/Sanaki team and after many failed streak I finally managed to get this:

fcddce3fa1.jpg

I gave Fae TA2 and Lightning Breath+ after having too many streak broken by Reinhardt and Linde. She worked pretty well against them.

58 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I wonder if using a Gronnblade user on a defense team will be good. Can the AI even utilize it correctly?

I got 1-3 defense wins every week, so I think that Gronnblade defense is not very efficient.

3 hours ago, chirp said:

I've benn running a 4* Blade Cecilia + 5* Reinhardt + 5* Ninian core for almost a month. The 4th unit was 4* Gunter, now replaced by 5* Titania. Deathless payout was about 4740 with Gunter, now 4760 with Titania.

Blade Cecilia is good for active play: stay out of range, charge, kill, dance, draw back dancer. If countering is your preferred play style, then you might want to use a different configuration. The only times I use her as a bait is when Linde is on the opposite side.

3 hours ago, Eridras said:

My Horse Emblem team is basically the same as yours: Eldigan, Reinhardt, and Cecilia. I also had the same question regarding Cecilia, and I ended up going the -Raven route for her.

She makes it so blues and colorless units might as well not exist for the other team.  Importantly, she's your counter for opposing Reinhardts. Lastly, -Raven Cecilia only requires the sacrifice of a TA unit(likely Roy), meaning you can easily swap her into a -Blade build without a huge loss if you change your mind. 

Thanks for the feedback!  Both your thoughts is roughly what I was expecting of Cecilia from what I've seen of her.  I suspect I'll go with Raven first and maybe blade Cecilia longer down the line if I enjoy her.

!!! Just managed to get my highest arena score ever. I don't even know if I care that much about the feathers, it just feels very nice to get away from the 4400~4600 limbo :)

|Edit: Rank came up pretty fast. i'm sitting at 1,982 as of  05/05|

arena2.png.4ec700a6b87926a44630ee913063b97d.png

Good luck to ya all.

Edited by r4v1sh

10 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Wow.

Go mkv.

Wow :O

Now I'm really tempted to do 3* or 4* only runs after completing my main streak for the week, just to see how well I can do.

Were those teams also vanilla (no skill inheritance)?

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Wow :O

Now I'm really tempted to do 3* or 4* only runs after completing my main streak for the week, just to see how well I can do.

Were those teams also vanilla (no skill inheritance)?

I'm assuming it's the same units she's been using on the GHB runs. So probably yes.

12 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I'm assuming it's the same units she's been using on the GHB runs. So probably yes.

Heroes has gone too far. Does Mkv plan on making a video of this? It'd be incredibly insightful if there isn't one already.

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Heroes has gone too far. Does Mkv plan on making a video of this? It'd be incredibly insightful if there isn't one already.

Not sure.

Want me to ask?

9 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Not sure.

Want me to ask?

Ask away! If for some reason it doesn't help anyone improve--which I seriously doubt--it'll at least be entertaining to watch.

2 hours ago, chirp said:

I got 1-3 defense wins every week, so I think that Gronnblade defense is not very efficient.

Plis Could help me for defence? I change all the time my teams and nothing 0 defences in 2 weeks.

My Gold chars are

Gordin, Lilina, Niño, Azura, Fae, clair, Lachesis, Ryoma, Ninian, Camilla and nothing .... 

Edited by ignis_z

Got my deathless run this week. Replacing Linde & Sharena by Reinhardt and Soren made fighting Horse/Flier Emblem a lot easier but lowered the score by around 4 pts per match - even though Rein is higher merged than Linde. It's the price of playing easy mode.

gKsw1pf.jpg

Score of 4822:

• May 3 9PM PT - #1276
  • May 4 3PM PT - #1799
  • May 5 3PM PT - #2232

Still looking pretty safe. No defenses. Very unlikely to end up bumping my score up at any point because the free swords have been giving me points slightly worse than what I got for my current score. Unless the final 6 swords really inspire me with their generosity, I probably won't be adding any crests to the mix. Ah, well. Still doing 'em for the Hero Merit.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

8 hours ago, r4v1sh said:

!!! Just managed to get my highest arena score ever. I don't even know if I care that much about the feathers, it just feels very nice to get away from the 4400~4600 limbo :)

|Edit: Rank came up pretty fast. i'm sitting at 1,982 as of  05/05|

arena2.png.4ec700a6b87926a44630ee913063b97d.png

Good luck to ya all.

Congrats!

I also did my highest score ever at 4,796... so not as good as yours.

What's your team?

Edited by salinea

Score of 4802 is now worth Rank 3624. 24 hours ago, it was worth Rank 2825.
The drop of nearly 800 Ranks in 24 hours probably means that i will get kicked out of the 5k if this pace keeps up. I just hope that it slows down a little bit the next 2 days, 500 feathers are 500 feathers after all.
On the good side, my somewhat sketchy version of Horse Emblem (5*Titania+1; 4*Blade Cecilia; 4*Blade Ursula; 5* Xander) managed to finally achieve me a defense, so that can make up the loss of probably loosing the 5k bracket.
Since I can't really bump up my Score I decided to run my daily Swords with my horse team, and damn, I had much more fun with it than I had with every other Team so far. Destroying entire Teams with a buffed up Cecilia and Ursula is so extremly satisfying. It's a shame that this team gets about 30 Points lower per match than my other Arena Teams.

Update for 4930:

5pm PDT 5/2: 184

4pm PDT 5/3: 315

4pm PDT 5/4: 447

4pm PDT 5/5: 536

Got a few random 708+ battles on my current run, so it looks like I might actually beat that tomorrow...assuming I don't horribly screw up on the last battle (currently at 4240 with 6/7 completed). Ran into the same mono-blue Ninian/Nowi/Reinhardt/Olwen team from day 1 today. I had to be a little more careful, since I made the switch to Desperation Nino (from Vantage) to try it out, and it was on that accursed breakable walls map, but fortunately came out with a win in the end (after a few turns of watching Nowi chase Ike around the map while waiting for her to get into Nino territory).

Using a 4* Clarine as a bonus unit.

Current score: 4,726
Current rank: 14,077

Not bad, given that her damage output is worse than Virion.  I have her bait vanilla Nino, since she's 34 Speed.

one drunken misclick made me lose my deathless streak...i'm actually kinda mad.

e79fb44bab1c1a3ad50f85616cf28c14.png

ranked 26,372. having a deathless streak probably wouldn't even help me jump a tier for feathers so whatever 8') but hopefully my rank doesn't decline out of the 30,000 range by monday..

I really can't wait until Xander's season---I'll finally have a 5* bonus unit since they changed matchup calcs, and I can run a full mount emblem team with it. Reinhardt/Minerva/Olivia 3-manning (with deadweight uninvested 4* Zephiel--i don't even have a pivot for Hector rn, let alone zephiel) gets me 4758, which I'm happy with. Next season is lava map, which i'm oddly actually kinda excited for, between making Rein hit people over lava and Minerva's flying reposition getting him outta there. 

Olivia is picking up a lot of Ryoma's jobs while I'm stuck with Zephiel. She can't counterkill green mages, but with Ruby Sword she can take a hit from Julia/Nino then dish back an ohko. Similarly she walls the shit out of Hector. 5* her was the best decision I made. Can't lol at Takumi and Vantage 3-man EP wipe but i mean if she can do that AND dance that would be kinda ridiculous

Edited by Thor Odinson

Score of 4776, in the low 6000s.

Should hold up for top 10k.

Soren (+atk,-HP)has been great so far. My doubling build with Fury 3, Green Tomebreaker and Eirika buffs is doing great.

He one-rounds Hector, and deals with many common characters like Nowi, Effie, Reinhardt, Olwen, Ephraim, Male Robin, Linde, Nino, Julia. Even against many melee reds he does significant damage despite weapon disadvantage.

I didn't have skills fully inherited on him until tonight, so my score hasn't improved from previous weeks.

Perhaps with full inheritance I make a push for top 5k before they change arenas on us soon.