Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

21 minutes ago, GinRei said:

Impressed by my Lyn Emblem team on defense.  Thus far, she's gotten two wins.  Might not be a LOT or anything, but I wasn't entirely expecting a themed team like this to get any wins.

I would totaly lose to this team of waifus.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m projected to earn 8500 feathers tomorrow. Awesome. The most I’ve got per an arena week.

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Next season's bonus heroes have been announced:

This is going to suck. Go Anna, I guess? At least I won’t need to storm high score this week. Next one, though…

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m projected to earn 8500 feathers tomorrow. Awesome. The most I’ve got per an arena week.

This is going to suck. Go Anna, I guess? At least I won’t need to storm high score this week. Next one, though…

Anna isnt that bad. With her 5Star Weapon + Reciprocal Aid + Vengeance + Brazen Speed 3 + Wrath 3 + something flexible she can be a "Surprise bitches" kind of a unit.

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Anna isnt that bad. With her 5Star Weapon + Reciprocal Aid + Vengeance + Brazen Speed 3 + Wrath 3 + something flexible she can be a "Surprise bitches" kind of a unit.

I was going to get pissed at whales so easily assuming others have all the fodder they might need but decided to shrug instead.

Edited by Vaximillian

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Vengeance is a terrible skill and you should feel terrible, even if it works well with Escape Route and Reciprocal Aid.

8 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Yes, because if I have Brazen Speed fodder to burn, I'm going to be using Anna as my bonus unit.

I'll just stick to Darting Blow. Not like my Anna is really helpful with her colour.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Vengeance is a terrible skill and you should feel terrible, even if it works well with Escape Route and Reciprocal Aid.

its really not that bad, i mean what else can you do with Anna? her attack stat is garbage, her defensiv stats are garbage unless you want to built her into some kind of an Res unit (even then 28 RES isnt that much to build on). She has only speed and HP going for her and she is facing +10 merged superbeefed oponents.
She functions as a pseudo healer for turn 1 or 2 in Arena for me and can swoop in if needed with a ready special.

Just now, Hilda said:

its really not that bad, i mean what else can you do with Anna? her attack stat is garbage, her defensiv stats are garbage unless you want to built her into some kind of an Res unit (even then 28 RES isnt that much to build on). She has only speed and HP going for her and she is facing +10 merged superbeefed oponents.
She functions as a pseudo healer for turn 1 or 2 in Arena for me and can swoop in if needed with a ready special.

She needs to be at 13 HP or lower for Vengeance to deal as much damage as Iceberg. 11 HP or lower if she's using Fury.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

She needs to be at 13 HP or lower for Vengeance to deal as much damage as Iceberg. 11 HP or lower if she's using Fury.

she usually sits @ 3HP after 4 turns or 13 after 3 turns.

This is only 1 of her builts. i swap them around. but a desperation built is somewhat not feasable on her most of the time at Tier 20. 

but since i use her as a pseudo healer that one does the job best.

My anna has all skill and specials (-galeforce) leraned with ecxeption  of newer skills or some 5 star exclusiv skills (same applies to the other 2 askar units)

They isually get shorhorned into a specific role. Alfonse becoms a sword unit killer/arya killer with steady breath sword breakwr and bonfire. etc Annabecomes sometimes a dragon killer but i have clair for that now etc

It was due to Fjorm-led SP value inflation pretty much, suddenly everyone's teams were worth a lot more points. I'm also someone content with bouncing between 19 and 20 and while 4940ish is usually good enough, I almost didn't make it with 4880 last week. Hopefully it's less crazy next week when I need to go up again.

Then again I'm a lazy bugger, I get both Arena and AA out of the way with minimum fuss with no attempt to optimise points. (AA in particular is my most disliked game mode in FEH) I could have fielded Fjorm myself to make it safe, but when the game offers me Olivia easymode week, I take Olivia easymode week. Team is essentially Blade Cecilia and her three retainers - honebot Camus, fortifybot Bowlyn and dancebot Olivia. Cecilia gets 75% of the kills.

Edited by Humanoid

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Minerva saved me from pulling armors ... lets hope they won't become TT bonus units. 

Why the heck did I get 42 defense wins this season with my regular melee offense team? 

Wait what. Damn that's a lot. Meanwhile I still have none on my second account :( even though I had like about 6 last week with my armour + Fjorm team.

Also, neat Minerva as a bonus! Looks like they want to push the ones with the refinable prfs. Better give her a special now and finish building my Minerva!

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Good for me, at least. Minerva's a regular on my defense team, and she's +10, so she won't hurt my offense score at all.

Did Christmas Lissa dye her hair?  Looks... redder than normal Lissa when they're next to each other.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Build a Dazzling Gravity+ Lissa.

Point-wise, how would she compare to Stahl, assuming equal levels of merge and star rating?  I imagine the "caster" demerit is offset easier with the healer specific higher SP cost weapon/assist than the "cavalry" demerit would be to offset.

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

Is there anyone who isn't at least not bad with Wrath (who can actually learn it)?

2 hours ago, GespenstMK2S said:

Anyone knows what the current cutoff is to get into tier 20? And the cutoff to stay in 20? I got 4860 and it wasn't enough to get me to tier 20. Which was a shock, since I was able to get into tier 20 with 4854 2 weeks ago.

It varies from week to week.  This season was likely harder than usual due to Fjorm and Olivia being bonus units (former giving the blessing, latter being easily a 4-star +10 by now).  Next season's weeks will be hard to predict, but I'd guess tougher than usual but not by much, and easier than this season.  For getting INTO tier 20, at least.

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Good for me, at least. Minerva's a regular on my defense team, and she's +10, so she won't hurt my offense score at all.

Minerva?! Hell yeah! I adore my +Atk Minerva and now she's going to wreck havoc this two weeks.

I'd might have to tune her skills a bit to make her fit on my mixed team but that's not a big deal.

I just realized, we'll now have had 4 of the 7 units who had their legendaries upgraded via refinement as bonus units.  I can only assume this means that during the season following this one, we'll get Lyn and Takumi as bonus units.  Maybe Eldigan tossed in there or replacing one of them too.

Edited by GinRei

Gonna be a bit weird fitting an armour onto the normal team. Still trying to figure out what to do with my Christmas Robin. He's +Spd, so he can legit double a lot of stuff with Brazen. Still debating whether to do Swordbreaker (mostly for stuff like Ayra), Vantage (kinda meh without DC) or Escape Route (super troll meme build, but also has synergy).

In any event, it's score time:

• Tier 20 score of 5066 (Nino +8 with Aether, Atk Ploy 3 Seal and Water Blessing; Tiki +5 with LB+Res and Hone Spd 3 Seal; Nowi +10 with LB+Def and Dist Def 3 Seal; Fjorm with Panic Ploy 3 Seal) - #1820 (/5247 to stay)
  • Arena Assault score of 5068 (Nino +8 with Aether, Atk Ploy 3 Seal and Water Blessing; Tiki +5 with LB+Res and Hone Spd 3 Seal; Nowi +10 with LB+Def and Dist Def 3 Seal; Fjorm with Panic Ploy 3 Seal) - #1617

I guess of note is the first time in a while that I've gotten defense wins to push past the ten-entry limit. Guess people are still struggling against my dragons. Also, while I was pulling for a bonus unit, the game threw a spare Eirika at me when I pulled red, because of course it did. Still gonna stick with Tiki, but I wonder if, now that I've committed, the gacha's gonna decide to give me a big drought on her now, too. No Ninos, either, though I only got one green over the three sessions. Also got a Draug. He's starting to overtake Sheena again. If he pulls ahead by 1-2 more copies, I guess I'll build him. Until then, Fjorm's gonna stick around as my point slave.

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Gonna be a bit weird fitting an armour onto the normal team. Still trying to figure out what to do with my Christmas Robin. He's +Spd, so he can legit double a lot of stuff with Brazen. Still debating whether to do Swordbreaker (mostly for stuff like Ayra), Vantage (kinda meh without DC) or Escape Route (super troll meme build, but also has synergy).

In any event, it's score time:

• Tier 20 score of 5066 (Nino +8 with Aether, Atk Ploy 3 Seal and Water Blessing; Tiki +5 with LB+Res and Hone Spd 3 Seal; Nowi +10 with LB+Def and Dist Def 3 Seal; Fjorm with Panic Ploy 3 Seal) - #1820 (/5247 to stay)
  • Arena Assault score of 5068 (Nino +8 with Aether, Atk Ploy 3 Seal and Water Blessing; Tiki +5 with LB+Res and Hone Spd 3 Seal; Nowi +10 with LB+Def and Dist Def 3 Seal; Fjorm with Panic Ploy 3 Seal) - #1617

I guess of note is the first time in a while that I've gotten defense wins to push past the ten-entry limit. Guess people are still struggling against my dragons. Also, while I was pulling for a bonus unit, the game threw a spare Eirika at me when I pulled red, because of course it did. Still gonna stick with Tiki, but I wonder if, now that I've committed, the gacha's gonna decide to give me a big drought on her now, too. No Ninos, either, though I only got one green over the three sessions. Also got a Draug. He's starting to overtake Sheena again. If he pulls ahead by 1-2 more copies, I guess I'll build him. Until then, Fjorm's gonna stick around as my point slave.

use him as fodder for your desperation gronnblade Nino Brazen Atk/Spd ahoi on your Nino

Back to tier 19. I got a super low score of 4600 but that's nothing to worry about, after all the score to stay in tier 20 seems to be around 5k.

This week I got only 4 defense wins, which is pretty low compared to the 20+ I got last week but having only 1 is good enough so no complaints.

For AA I finally got back into the top 5k, even if by a small margin (I got like rank 4,200). Hopefully the score inflation will go down a notch, if not then I guess the merge game will keep rolling until things become more stable.