Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

46 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I had the opportunity to go for higher, so I took it, mostly out of curiosity to see how much of a difference just a few points really makes...

5078 moved from rank 85 (score of 5070) to 77.

Teams faced:

Reveal hidden contents

7Kb0yAR.png

Switched up the Defense team to F!Corrin, Celica, Ephraim, Linde, who have picked up 5 defensive wins. Highest is 586.

People with 5 defenses and a lot witihout one.... Somethig dont works well...

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryoma/Reinhardt/Minerva/Olivia got me 2 so far. Which is >=1. Which is satisfactory and will get me 900 feathers.

Just faced a team of 4 Hectors. Was able to pull them in 2 different directions to minimize goad stacking and won. Ryoma killed 2, Reinhardt killed one (-hp has 49 hp to Rein's total 50 dmg), and Olivia killed 1.

Taught my units some new skills and spent quite a few duelling crests (around 7) rerolling for the highest score matches possible and beat my old score of 4782 (now 4804) New score puts me around rank 1257 which I hope is enough to rank up. If I do, I think rank 19 is as high as I will go though I don't mind bouncing between tier 18 and 19 as they both offer 4 orb rewards

Edited by Symphonica

1 minute ago, Symphonica said:

Taught my units some new skills and spent quite a few duelling crests (around 7) rerolling for the highest score matches possible and beat my old score of 4782. New score puts me around rank 1257 which I hope is enough to rank up. If I do, I think rank 19 is as high as I will go though I don't mind bouncing between tier 18 and 19 as they both offer 4 orb rewards

I don't know how many people there are in Tier 18 currently, but when I was there last season, there were around 4K people and a score of 4834 left me around the middle of the pack, which wasn't enough for me to promote to Tier 19. 

4 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I don't know how many people there are in Tier 18 currently, but when I was there last season, there were around 4K people and a score of 4834 left me around the middle of the pack, which wasn't enough for me to promote to Tier 19. 

Just had a quick check and there is currently 11920 people in rank 18 with the cutoff being 4768. Assuming I don't drop too much per day, I think I'll be ok. Time will tell though

Edited by Symphonica

Just now, Symphonica said:

Just had a quick check and there is currently 11920 people in rank 18 with the cutoff being 4768. Assuming I don't drop too much per day, I think I'll be ok. time will tell though

That should definitely help staying in the promote bracket. I still find it weird to be a Tier with nearly 27K people after spending the last 2 seasons in tiers with populations below the 10K and 5K mark.

11 hours ago, Rosetta said:

Another question: has anyone tried single-color teams or wolf-tome teams for arena defense? I find it's getting harder to get defensive scores nowadays. My current team is Lucina/Bunny Lucina/Nino/Sharena. I suspect I need to change my strategy.

I'm sitting at 4 defense wins this week with a green-spam Flier Emblem defense team of Julia, Cherche, Spring Camilla, and Minerva.

I replace Julia with a bonus character for a single win with double score (currently Sharena), then put her back in afterwards since her main job on the team is to look pretty and be a not-particularly-suspicious lead.

Just got my score today from daily ~ 

Offense : 5152
Defense : 618
https://ibb.co/kmnoJF

The feeling when ur def team piss someone off ~ :D

On 5/23/2017 at 10:06 PM, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Well, someone definitely chose the right avatar for his account, ey? Rank 20, here this guy comes!

XD that why i pick this cutey pic :D ~ 

nice def team.PNG

nice def team2.PNG

Got a deathless run for 4782. For now, enough to promote me to tier 19, but I know for sure it won't last. I'll keep fighting now that I finished Olivia's kit (she had only WoM2, now has the level 3 version), and hopefully I'll get a better score, if only by a little. Still probably won't be enough, but I have to try.

rank #2,945 of tier 18 with 4,782. It was nice to finally be able to play Nino with Eirika (I had to phase her out just when I promoted Nino first for Ike then Roy). The result is indeed slaughterous. Kind of regretting giving Rally Res to Eirika now, cuz Nino doesn't really need it and Reposition might have been nicer...

That's a relatively low score though, so I'm trying the next sequence with Ike (with Aether on) for higher BST. Might have a shot to climb to tier 19 and it's one orb.

1 hour ago, Taim Meich said:

Got a deathless run for 4782. For now, enough to promote me to tier 19

Score twin!

Edited by salinea

Tier 17 Score of 4840 (1 surrender; no deaths; 688, 688, 692, 698,688,694, 692; Nowi +1, Sharena 5*, Eirika, Nino +2):

• May 31 12:00PM PT - #172 (/12 554 to Tier 18)
  • Jun 1 3:00PM PT - #388 (/13 575 to Tier 18)

Geez, this tier got really large. Tacking 1000 onto the leniency for moving up is no joke. Pretty much zero chance of this score falling out of promotion range, so I guess I'm just playing for practice and HM for the rest of the week. Defenses are up to 3 total with 578 being the highest score.

6 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

just reached 4812 with Ryoma/Hector/Reinhardt/Olivia. First time going over 4800 \o/

If Olivia was bonus every round my life would be set

I used the exact same team as you and have a similar score!  (It's also my first time over 4800.)  High five! :D:  I was so happy when I saw that Olivia was a bonus character, haha.

4 days left.

I have... 4214 right now, I think I can go higher, since I avoided 2 advance battles on this "round" of 7. I give Takumi a small "vacation" since Olivia joined for the bonus.

Still no defense points, last season I got 2 defense, let's see if I can have at least one again.

Right now I'm just happy because Oboro oneshot an Hector, he was -Def but it served to shut one of my friends on a bet we had xD

4784 with Sharena, Reinhardt, Cecilia and Xander.  Unlike the last two weeks where it took until Saturday or Monday to get a defense, I got a 574 score this morning. 

Now that I have my deathless run, going to try a team with Sharena, Hector, Celica, and Azura for a higher score. 

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm sitting at 4 defense wins this week with a green-spam Flier Emblem defense team of Julia, Cherche, Spring Camilla, and Minerva.

I replace Julia with a bonus character for a single win with double score (currently Sharena), then put her back in afterwards since her main job on the team is to look pretty and be a not-particularly-suspicious lead.

I don't have that many green characters. I'll try using four blues. Or maybe one green followed by three blues.

Edited by Rosetta

Wooo I go 3 defense wins each on both accounts! most I ever had!

big change was adding Swordbreaker, Drawback and Draconic Aura Klein on my second account. He is with QR Xander, Draw back Reinhardt and Olivia (decided to drop Gunter as an experiment)

also changed Xander for Lyn with Brash Assault on my main to go with Vantage Hector and WoM Olivia and WoM Reinhardt (although I might put Lancebreaker on reinhardt soon). thanks @Arcanite for the Lyn idea, she was my first 5 unit sword lord so good to be using her again. Just gave her Reciprocal Aid to so we will see if that will have some synergy with Vantage Hector.

Edited by mcsilas