Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Damn, Hector's a little ridiculous.

Since Ryoma/Olivia/Reinhardt can handle basically most enemies by themselves I dropped in Hector instead of Minerva and holy shit i have not seen such high scores ever like 692 what is this shit

and my Minerva is a fully-kitted merge while Hector's missing quite a few skills??? Hector what are you even

without considering points my team would be Ryoma/Rein/Nino/Olivia but Nino gets less points than Minerva also 

I could sub out Rein instead maybe, idk if Nino or Rein gets more points though

Edited by Thor Odinson

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Since Ryoma/Olivia/Reinhardt can handle basically most enemies by themselves I dropped in Hector instead of Minerva and holy shit i have not seen such high scores ever like 692 what is this shit

and my Minerva is a fully-kitted merge while Hector's missing quite a few skills??? Hector what are you even

I think Hector's combinarion of high BST and access to a legendary weapon and to Distant Counter is what makes him have such an impact on the offense score you get.

A Zephiel with Distant Counter would probably affect it just as much.

Edited by LuxSpes

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Its combination of BST and skills iirc

Considering that Hector had 169 to Minerva 158, and realistically speaking Distant Counter is the most expensive A slot you can get

they both had Legends, they had essentially same Special, they had essentially same C skill.  Special is at 150, and then the most expensive B slot is 240, so it kinda make sense Hector points out better than Minerva

I also experienced full merge -> Hector Score jump, but it was Julia, so the score difference being extreme is reasonable so idk about Minerva

I think the highest I've gotten with Minerva is 688, but usually hovers around 684 with Ryo/Rein/Minerva/Olivia. The first run I did with Hector was probably an uncharacteristically low one for having him (682) so then the next one it was suddenly 692 and i was like "wtf"

usually when I swap in 4*s for 5*s i don't even see a >=4 point change, which is what surprised me the most. My Hector doesn't even have Pavise and I'm not sure how much of goad armor line I got for him, mainly to save his SP for when I actually have to resources to deck him out with stuff. He's quite a bit behind Minerva+1 (who's LoD3, Desperation3, Ward Fliers but might give her a Hone Spd 3 for non-flier squad use, Moonbow, Reposition) in terms of skills since he doesn't even have his full native skill tree yet. 

I could possibly run Ryoma/Minerva/Hector/Olivia to really maximize bst but then I'm out of a mage and that'll pit me up against really high merges I'm not ready to face esp with an all-melee all-physical team

Edited by Thor Odinson

59 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

I have never met a color-stacking team, even if it's a traditional way. But I did lost once to an all-bow team. 

I met an all-sword team once. It ended in slaughter. Poor swordpeople.

Defensive Score:568

Offensive Score: 4784(I COULD HAVE GOTTEN 4800 WITH MY PREVIOUS RUN IF I DON'T FLEX WITH XANDER! WHYYYY)

Solid result. I can go casual mode in Arena for practice now, and raise up Donnel in preparation for the next season

Team was Xander, Eli, Hector, Corrin. The dynamic duo finally started to take off as i understand how to properly use Hector. Linde is hilariously common which makes Hector play a key role as Greens usually do

F Corrin is Reciprocal Aid 101. I gave even gave her HP+3 on a slot. Pretty cool if i want to use Xander to deal with other threats, and then use Xander to duel Blues or vice versa

Xander hard carried every game, and now become even better with the addition of Spur Defense Eliwood + Fortify Cavalry. He can duel Azura, who is almost pretty much the only Blue in Arena right now. He can take as little as 6 damage from a +2 Ryoma, and he deleted Green Mage in one punch

Eliwood usually provides mobility and  aura support, but when needed he can DELETE Greens. This is crucial for some Hector vs Xander match up

Edited by JSND

9 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

My lineup consists of (training unit), Olivia (my dancer of choice, Hone Atk 3, inherited WoM3, Fortify Res 1 seal), Sharena (5* crutch, Fortify Def 3, Rally Atk, Fensalir's built-in Threaten Atk 2), and recently Bride Lyn (Rehab, Spd Balm, inherited Threaten Atk 2 and loads of other stuff); I used to use Lissa (Rehab, part-time damage sponge, inherited Pain + Threaten Atk 2). It's not a bad idea to use buffbots to assist with training (ie. 5* Eirika).

Unfortunately, both my Eirika and Sharena haven't been touched for a long, long time. However, I hadn't thought of bringing along a buffbot before. That will definitely help beef up Azura. I'll be giving that a shot in the future. Thanks!

Current Arena Info
Offense Score: 4732
Offense Team: 5* Xander Lv. 40, 4* Olivia (Lv. 37+4), 5* Ursula (Lv. 40), 5* Titania (Lv. 40)
Ranking: 3596 (Tier 17)
Defense Score: 572 (1 win)
Defense Team: 5* Celica (Lv. 40), 5* Azura (Lv. 34+1), 4* Olivia (Lv. 37+1), 5* Nino (Lv. 40)

I think it's funny that I managed to get a defense win. I just realized that Azura didn't even have sing equipped because I had been training her. Whoops. I just removed her from my team and replaced her with Ursula so I could train her some more. 

Finished my deathless 7-streak with no problems, 4,770 points. Usual team of Sharena / Reinhardt / Linina / Soren+1.

No successful defences so far, but this team brought me about five defences in the last three weeks or so, so I’m not worried much yet.

Team: 5* Sharena, Eirika, Soren, Hector

Score: 4794 (1 death)

I do have to say, the arena maps make a huge difference. Much easier this week than the previous one.

Still had 1 death (in a rather silly way on the 7th battle) but should be good enough to return to tier 17, after last week I was using 4* Subaki as a bonus unit and also had a 1 death run at best (which, if I had a 5* bonus unit instead of Subaki, would likely have stayed in tier 17 as I think I was about 200 spots outside the cutoff).

xO4F87Y.png

Score of 4784, Tier 17 with rank 1727 so far. Would imagine this score to drop over this season, but hopefully it'll be enough to stay in Tier or at best go up a rank. Got one defence score of 560, so that's nice.

Team is 5* Jeorge, 5* Reinhardt, 4*+1 Olivia, and 5* Hector. 

No deaths, but had a few close calls on the map with the two breakable walls. That map can be such a pain at times, I'm so bad at predicting enemy movements on that. 

3 hours ago, Raven said:

I miss the original defense maps. Fuck these wall and bridge maps.

But I like them. The one that's only blocks is dumb though, as is bridge map.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I met an all-sword team once. It ended in slaughter. Poor swordpeople.

My team runs double blue and a Swordbreaker red so such a composition would be a complete roll in my favor too.

@Rosetta Horse Emblem is more common compared to the other Archetype Emblems, but it's still niche enough that it won't make much of a difference if you can KO the -Wolf tomes outright. Triangle Adept which is pretty common on units like Xander can also tank -Wolf damage even further. Unless they OHKO you they're not much to worry about, especially since defense tiles exist, and that's before considering the investment slapping a -Wolf on your entire team incurs.

This morning, I was at rank 149 in Tier 17 with a score of 4858. However, I finished another deathless streak and I must have gotten the lowest possible scores on my first run because I got a score of 4878 on this second run. It's kind of crazy that I got 20 more points just due to RNG. Highest individual score I got was 702. This new score puts me at rank 79 in Tier 17.

Also got one defense win worth 576 points with a team consisting of Linde, Nowi, Corrin and Azura.

8 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Oh why it's the bride and not the units from the Against Lloyd banner ? I looked forward to use my Raven again...

The units from an 'Against' banner are never the bonus units, it's only the new characters introduced in the most recent banners that are.

Edited by LuxSpes

3 hours ago, Raven said:

I miss the original defense maps. Fuck these wall and bridge maps.

Just get better at the game

Doesn't make a difference of the map to me, since we have the swap spaces mechanic now. It pretty much makes any and all matchups even, unless you have a team with a specific disadvantage (tome team [sometimes hitting from 2 spaces away makes things more complicated], Cavalry team armor team etc.)

I had the opportunity to go for higher, so I took it, mostly out of curiosity to see how much of a difference just a few points really makes...

5078 moved from rank 85 (score of 5070) to 77.

Teams faced:

Spoiler

7Kb0yAR.png

Switched up the Defense team to F!Corrin, Celica, Ephraim, Linde, who have picked up 5 defensive wins. Highest is 586.

42 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

The units from an 'Against' banner are never the bonus units, it's only the new characters introduced in the most recent banners that are.

Nope, Hana did and was a character from the Against Zephiel banner. And I'm sure that was the case before too.

Just now, Ledrert said:

Nope, Hana did and was a character from the Against Zephiel banner. And I'm sure that was the case before too.

Didn’t Hana make it because she comes from a daily special map—and thus available for free—and not because she was on a banner?

15 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

That was just a coincidence. The way the bonus units works it's always: The 4-6 newly introduced units, the latest GHB unit, 2 random units, 2 units from the daily hero battle rotation and 1 of the 3 Askr units. This week, we have the brides as the banner units, Lloyd as the GHB unit, Donnel and Olivia as the hero battle units, Sharena as the Askr unit and finally, Corrin and Henry are the random units. As Vaximillian said, the reason why Hana was a bonus unit in seasons 14-15 was because she was a hero battle unit, not because she was on the Zephiel banner.