Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

For some reason, I'm getting way less Defense Wins than usual this week.  Usually, I get at least 10 by now, but I've only gotten 2 all week.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

For some reason, I'm getting way less Defense Wins than usual this week.  Usually, I get at least 10 by now, but I've only gotten 2 all week.

One 451+ score is all you need. Before I built my Reinhardt team, all I wished for was just one win and many times it does not give me that.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

One 451+ score is all you need. Before I built my Reinhardt team, all I wished for was just one win and many times it does not give me that.

Yeah, I'm okay for this week.  It's just a bit concerning, since I had gone months getting 10+ per week, and wondering if I had done something wrong.

My team is Titania, Ursula, Xander, Bonus Unit (SElise/Anna this week)

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, I'm okay for this week.  It's just a bit concerning, since I had gone months getting 10+ per week, and wondering if I had done something wrong.

That should be a pretty good pony defense team. You can look at the week's map rotation and prepare your defense team for a particular map in that selection. For example, the map with vertical parallel bridges is a nightmare to play on with an enemy pony team. Ranged cavalry should occupy the second and fourth slot to help them rush their targets down south.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I haven't gotten any the past two weeks, even though my cavalry team usually gets at least one.

I might have a (small chance) of actually staying in 20 this week. Score of 4862 \o/

Just gave Ryoma Aether to further boost scores, though. Next I'll make another Rein merge level then give him Aether too.

8 hours ago, Rezzy said:

The team that got me ten defenses last week only has one so far.  I wouldn't be surprised if the addition of Arena Assault has something to do with it.  Now disinterested players have to touch through another screen to get to the mode, which I suspect leads to less matches played overall.  That, or many players are experimenting with the new Assault instead. 

11 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

The team that got me ten defenses last week only has one so far.  I wouldn't be surprised if the addition of Arena Assault has something to do with it.  Now disinterested players have to touch through another screen to get to the mode, which I suspect leads to less matches played overall.  That, or many players are experimenting with the new Assault instead. 

Maybe, Arena Assault's a nice addition, but I wonder if the daily quests will keep up.  Right now there's a lot of stuff to do to keep up with.  On many weeks, I will get a flood of new D wins on the weekend, but with Arena Assault and Tempest, that might be taking up everybody's time.

I finally managed to get an almost perfect run in Arena Assault. I'll take it. I managed to raise my score to 4766 with one death which gives me a rank of 5941. That should be enough to keep me in the top 10k for this season. I'll take it. I'm going to really, really like these extra feathers. :3 

What do you guys think, do we already have over 100 rank 1 Arena Assaulters? I hope they revise the tiers, especially since I'm probably not even staying in the top 1000 with a score of 4892. It's really saddening, because being in the top 5k seems really easy for me in comparison to the agony of getting that score.

9 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

What do you guys think, do we already have over 100 rank 1 Arena Assaulters? I hope they revise the tiers, especially since I'm probably not even staying in the top 1000 with a score of 4892. It's really saddening, because being in the top 5k seems really easy for me in comparison to the agony of getting that score.

If that's the case, I reckon an interesting solution might be making Rank 1 an independent, static tier. I mean, it seems like Arena Assault has been 'solved', for want of a better term...

My earlier score of about 4794 fell out of the group to advance to Tier 20, so I improved to about 4824 via Hector, which is at a solid 2709/7684 to advance. Also improved my Arena Assault score to 4723, which is currently at a fairly precarious rank of 9364. Could probably get good odds of staying in the top 10k if I finally manage to complete a deathless run, though. I had one death early on, which I'm sure would have been avoidable if I'd remembered about the items.

No defense wins, but even if I fall out of the top 10k in Arena Assault, that's still 7600 feathers, which is pretty great.

A weird thing about Arena Assault is that being able to play it anytime with no resource cost (aside from potentially items) is that there's such little incentive to really try on any individual run, since there's always more later. I've been often quitting my daily runs after getting the three wins for the quests just because I didn't feel like playing more at that moment, even though it's a fun mode. Although now that the week is almost over I realized I may as well finally get around to improving my score.

The next season of bonus units was kind of disappointing... I don't know when/if I'll get an SS character, so I decided to go ahead and promote my Alfonse. He's pulled his weight, so I decided it was about time. He's actually not that bad to use! Decided to go with a Fury/Brash Assault combo. Fury works pretty well with his legendary weapon. Next season should be interesting. I wonder if the Alfonse bait plus Horse Emblem will work...

4796 on tier 19.

Right now I'm on 6989 of 7742 promoting to 20. I'll probably make it, with only 10 hours remaining. 
Next week I'll have to use Alphonse, but since I wouldn't be able to stay on tier 20 anyway, I'll only have to worry about it on the week after.

On 13.8.2017 at 2:35 AM, Rezzy said:

There is 3 Factors that make Defensiv wins much easeri:
- Mono-Color Units (all red/green/blue)
- Dancer
- Wings of Mercy, Escape route clusterfuck

Combine this 3 together with the Bonus unit and you will most likely get your Defensiv win. Thats my experience at least.

Finally got a deathless Arena Assault run! 4804 points for a rank of 4268, which should be pretty safely in the top 5k with how little time is left. Had to use my only Dancer's Veil, though.

Next season is going to be pretty tough if I don't nail any of the new SS characters ahem...Tana...ahem... I have Legion with SI but no plans of making him 5* and to be honest he's not that good for my playstyle which is going to make things harder.

Edited by Alexmender

So... I did an itemless run... until I faced a Nino+6 + Azura with WoM. With Bridelia. Nino had ORKO my two red units in one turn due to that. An ABSOLUTE SHIT !

And I like to know why I faced a +6 unit and I have only a +1 M!Robin and a +2 Alm...

Well, got 4682, not enough to keep my 18th tier. Probably because of these two deaths. Damn.

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

There is 3 Factors that make Defensiv wins much easeri:
- Mono-Color Units (all red/green/blue)
- Dancer
- Wings of Mercy, Escape route clusterfuck

Combine this 3 together with the Bonus unit and you will most likely get your Defensiv win. Thats my experience at least.

Yeah, I've got WoM on my Ursula, which might be a big part of why I've gotten 10+ wins per week since like May.  I got my 3rd win today.  I suspect it's mostly due to players being being with the other game modes and playing regular Arena less.  I had extra SP to burn on my Titania, so I taught her WoM, too just now to replace her Guard skill, which I'm not sure how much that has been useful.  I also gave Titania the Attack Ploy skill seal.

Back into the 4 orbs a week club. Not sure how I got booted out of it as my score is about the same as last week yet I'm the top 10% of Tier 17. I kind of didn't care about AA except for quests and grinding hero merit once a day. But I'm coming out of it with 14 coins and more than enough feathers to make up for the lack of defense win.