Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

34 minutes ago, r_n said:

Hmmm, but I definitely didn't get anything? I had 2 dancer veils and a fear charm, and that's till all I have. I didn't bring them with me either.

30 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's very odd. I don't know what could cause that; it doesn't sound like something that's supposed to happen.

The Arena Assault battles must have lv. 35+ enemies if you want item drops.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's very odd. I don't know what could cause that; it doesn't sound like something that's supposed to happen.

I did it a second time and got items. Maybe the quests are messing it up? I'll check again tomorrow.

e:

@Roflolxp54 missed that, yeah thats the reason then. First run I put some level 20s out front

Edited by r_n

Ugh. Failed a perfect rank-1 Arena Assault run because the game doesn't remember the items I set like a week ago and I keep forgetting Nino can't actually tank a hit from Effie.

Does anyone know how often you need to re-set your items? Is it before every run?

On some interesting notes, everyone and their mother at the 740-point range has Armor March on almost everyone, and there's one player running a mono-green team of armors with Cancel Affinity on three of them (and strangely no Armor March).

There were also two teams with Guidance (one on Tana and one on Minerva), but it didn't do anything because either I could snipe the flyer through terrain or I could get the flier to walk into the middle of nowhere and die.

My lead team is starting to look really weird. I had to drop Fortify Dragons, Ward Armor, and Reciprocal Aid on everyone in favor of Drive Def 2 and Rally Def/Res to boost my score, and I still occasionally get a 738 now and then. Mrgrgr.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ugh. Failed a perfect rank-1 Arena Assault run because the game doesn't remember the items I set like a week ago and I keep forgetting Nino can't actually tank a hit from Effie.

Does anyone know how often you need to re-set your items? Is it before every run?

I think it tends to remember them between runs but maybe not if you close and reopen the app? I've only had to re-set them a few times.

14 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think it tends to remember them between runs but maybe not if you close and reopen the app? I've only had to re-set them a few times.

Ugh. I guess I'll just do some more runs (tomorrow) and hope I don't get spooked by a 738-point team. (I'm looking at you, @Whistle.)

I really need to start actually building some of my characters. Bringing a +8 Ryoma in with completely vanilla skills is kind of depressing.

Ran into this in the arena:

Spoiler

XRjbfN4.jpg

Spoiler

Actually, it was Arena Assault.  The RANKINGS in Arena Assault, that is.  Still, props to whoever did this.  I don't think I want to run into that Innes in the arena!  Great way to troll -raven users, twice.

Oh my gosh I actually have a Defense team win again. Even on my second account that never gets any Defense wins.

Too bad my main one didn't have a bonus unit because I was getting desperate but hey now I can try a bonus unit since I already have feathers.

This week's map rotation is probably to blame.

Edited by mcsilas

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fortress Res and Cancel Affinity are both default skills on Innes.

The merge, however, is not.  Definitely someone with more money than me.

Ok, so I know Julia was just in the Hero Fest banner and Amelia was recently released as well, but I didn't expect them to destroy the Reinhardt spam that was dominating the meta.

Seriously, I haven't seen a Reinhardt in a while. Between the Arena and AA matches I've done, I have seen 2 maybe 3 Reinhardts out of like 25 battles. It used to be like 24 out of 25 had him. 

Has anyone else noticed this, or have I finally gotten my team strong enough to have moved passed the Rein spam meta?

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

Ok, so I know Julia was just in the Hero Fest banner and Amelia was recently released as well, but I didn't expect them to destroy the Reinhardt spam that was dominating the meta.

Seriously, I haven't seen a Reinhardt in a while. Between the Arena and AA matches I've done, I have seen 2 maybe 3 Reinhardts out of like 25 battles. It used to be like 24 out of 25 had him. 

Has anyone else noticed this, or have I finally gotten my team strong enough to have moved passed the Rein spam meta?

At the end of the day, Rein is on a horse, which drops his BST.  Perhaps your teams are at a high enough level where he's less common.

Me, on the other hand - I still laugh, because he hasn't been an issue since I finished up Spring Camilla.

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

How exactly does the scoring system increase with merges? I have Catria at 40+2 now but the arena scores are all in the same range as before, which is around 686-692

It's a combination of stats and equipped skills, IIRC (maybe rarity too).  So a unit with heavier SI will be "worth" more.

Ah ah, I just encountered a Reinhardt with Close Counter and Vantage. Some players are mad.

Edit : Okay. THIS is madness.

Spoiler

690519Capturedcrans201708211237261.png

Edit : 4570 points. Three death (one was a sacrifice to kill a Delthea to much threatening). Team was like the screen above.

Edited by Ledrert

21 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I can, why would they pick a horse team deliberately? They normally give less points and are twice as annoying

There may have been horse leads in all three slots.