Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

So now people will put a inventory screenshot in their signatures? 

Huh, didn't even know the crown appeared there. Next thing you know it'll be required currency to promote units to 6-star...

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Huh, didn't even know the crown appeared there. Next thing you know it'll be required currency to promote units to 6-star...

Or it will prevent weapons from wearing off (new beloved feature from the main series). 

Well I swapped Lute in for L!Lucina and I have 2 defense wins already despite it not even being wind season. Looks like Future Sight wasn't the only thing getting me all of those wins.

And it is Fire/Earth season. My worst combo. Because I need to pull for a bonus unit (probably 3+ copies of them), and I need to fit them into my Earth team which isn't the highest scoring to begin with, I might not be able to stay in Tier 21 this time. It might depend on how many people are up here this week.

Was happy to see I had a defense win in the first two hours ...then I realised it was against my previous team so it's half points. Blah. Oh well, at least it guarantees a minimum of 500 defense feathers early on, so it'll sting less if I miss out on any further wins.

Hoping to get promoted back to T20 this week, but Hector's still only level 25 (I'm levelling him via Forging Bonds) so the real runs will have to wait. Palla, Sharena and Veronica score pretty much the same, and it's not enough for promotion. Additional copies of Lilina, Nowi or Nino would help, but I'm reluctant to pull any more on the current banners so I don't think that's happening.

Got my first defense win and ... crushed my regular Arena highscore another time: 3,721.

With 3,750 being my theoretical maximum with the current team (M!Marth+8, Cordelia+10, Cherche+10, BH!Celica+0, range 724-738). Even with 3 double Rallys I managed to give Celica 19 kills. Only one time Cherche accidentally killed a Nowi on EP. 

Good thing was that Armor march was often on green or colorless units. I could take them out first to isolate Effies and Bectors. One annoying thing was that Celica had 48 HP with boosted stats which made Reciprocal Aid on M!Marth (47 HP) useless. 

Got lucky with the maps, could avoid defense tile heavy maps in the last matches of the streak. 

@Alkaid @Zeo @mcsilas Let's see if this will get me a crown. This may help me over bad luck in pulling and other abysmal stuff today. 

@mampfoid Congrats on the new score! Did you fish for matches or just take what you got? I spent a few crests to try and get 734 at the lowest, to be a bit safer. I didn't see too many armors, but Veronica managed to take most of them out pretty easily barring Gwen and Sheena that needed some chip damage from Cordelia first. (Camilla's +3/3 cav buff, Atk Tactic and Res Ploy seal were extremely helpful for Veronica too) How did Celica hold up against blues?

3,732 puts me at rank 584 right now, so hopefully we both get to move up. Veronica did surprisingly well, only missing 2 kills. I was afraid the run would be a little awkward since I put Earth Boost in her A slot as I needed something better than Spd +3 to bump my range to 740 max. Might have been unnecessary seeing the current ranks, but it was just Boey.

@Alkaid Great score, good luck getting promoted!

Didn't fish much, only avoided everything below 730, which got me 732-734 matches. 

Celica did well, she killed all red/green/colorless herself. Cherche and Firesweep Cordelia weakened all blues and Celica got the final blow, except for this non-optimal Effie:

UoR3cOx.png

No chance against buffed blue armors on defense tiles though, Hector takes 0 damage in these situations from Celica. 

Currently 840th, no idea what it's worth. 

@mampfoid Nice! No doubt she was going to be a beast, especially with those arena buffs. Since you put Firesweep on Cordelia, how are you liking that so far? It took me a while to get used to it at first, since I actually used Cordelia's enemy phase every so often, but I find she still kills what she needs to and gets good extra damage in on overly-bulky armors, even green ones.

Okay, built Sharena with her prf refine is way nicer to fight with than Alfonse in terms of initial baiting and being able to jump in for a quick PP attack, thanks to her innately higher Spd. I can very safely run Renewal instead of a breaker to keep her alive. Only problem is, since she just has Fury 3 and no double Brazen, she's totally worthless against common whale-tier greens. I routinely face 45 Def on Hectors, even after Sharena negates their buffs. Even with a Drive Atk 2 on her, she's looking at dealing a whopping 2 damage twice. Once I can work her support up with Gwendolyn (assuming it happens, since that's a lot of kills), that goes up to 3 twice. So amazing (granted, if she has Blazing Thunder charged, she has a chance if someone else has majorly injured Hector). I'm debating on whether the Poison Strike 3 Seal I've been running on Sheena is more helpful or if I should swap her to the Def Ploy 3 Seal.

I want to use Celica as my bonus unit, but I haven't had time to build her, so at the moment, I'm using my 4*+10 Gordin. He performs pretty well even if he doesn't score the best. I sacrificed a 5 star Klein a while back to give him a full kit. 

Got kicked out of tier 21 last season which wasn't a surprise at all. So I'm guessing I'll be flip-flopping between the two for now. I was going to build either an Eirika or Soleil next, but Morgan kept popping up in my summoning sessions. He scores slightly better than Merric, so once he's built, I'll have to take him for a test drive.

5 hours ago, Alkaid said:

@mampfoid Nice! No doubt she was going to be a beast, especially with those arena buffs. Since you put Firesweep on Cordelia, how are you liking that so far? It took me a while to get used to it at first, since I actually used Cordelia's enemy phase every so often, but I find she still kills what she needs to and gets good extra damage in on overly-bulky armors, even green ones.

Well, I'm having a hard time to get used to Firesweep.  

First I'm not the biggest FS fan and used it almost never so far (leveled up a couple of Rodericks and Soleils, gave it to Tana to try it). I'm missing enemy phase too. 

Second she shouldn't kill but only nerf. The lack of movement assists renders Hit & Run useless in most situations (helps only if there are mountains or rivers to hide), I missed WoM a couple of times. 

If I'm going to get used to double Rallys I'm going to get used to FS as well. Hope she gets a prf soon. 

@mampfoidI definitely feel you there. At least between the current meta and babying bonus units, the lack of enemy phase on her doesn't feel as bad as before. With all these Bold Fighter armors running around, chunking them with Firesweep and somebody else (now the bonus unit) finishing them works pretty well. I would certainly prefer just smashing through them and Galeforcing everybody if I could, though, as I'm sure you would too.

I can see how Hit & Run's rather hit and miss wow that was terrible, so you could always just keep WoM. Sometimes I have to remove it myself since that little SP difference occasionally helps bump the score range when things are tight. Otherwise, I use it in part since sometimes abusing terrain with it has actually been helpful, and also with a melee bonus unit she can chunk somebody's HP and they can step in the same spot to finish them off. Before, it was also nice to help retreat Cordelia after killing somebody and be Repo'd to safety, but now that Repo and her trying to straight up kill stuff isn't much of a thing in arena, it's not as helpful as it could be.

@Alkaid Yeah, Bold Fighters shouldn't be baited (by my units at least), they need to get smacked on player phase. Hopefully FS Cordelia will help me there. Also softening DC units when babysitting a ranged bonus unit is her job. 

Exactly what you wrote: Without Reposition/Draw Back on the team H&R becomes even more situational and feels like Hit & Stumble (I'm not better in this ^^'). I'll give it another try next week, then I'll check for something else. 

@mampfoidI'm actually considering Chill Def for her B slot, but I'm not sure if I want to commit 20k feathers and such rare fodder (for me anyway, just the 2 extra Walharts). It'd be a strong support debuff, but I'm not sure how much I'd use it outside of arena where H&R and other B slots become more useful again.

25 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

It may also be worth having for Abyssal stuff, depending on how often they release those. At least, I think more easy ways to crack through some of that bulk could be helpful.

That's something worth considering too. It also kind of fits on Camilla, since she can be a really stacked support-focused unit with it(flier/cav drive axe, Chill Def, Atk Tactic/flier buff, ploy skill in seal slot). But beyond babying bonus units in arena, I use her just as much for tanking in other content with B slot QR + DD3/CD3 seal, so I'm not sure. If I had more than just 2 fodders I'd probably give it to them both at some point to try it, but since I almost always run them together it'd be better to pick just one right now, if either of them.

6 hours ago, Alkaid said:

That's something worth considering too. It also kind of fits on Camilla, since she can be a really stacked support-focused unit with it(flier/cav drive axe, Chill Def, Atk Tactic/flier buff, ploy skill in seal slot). But beyond babying bonus units in arena, I use her just as much for tanking in other content with B slot QR + DD3/CD3 seal, so I'm not sure. If I had more than just 2 fodders I'd probably give it to them both at some point to try it, but since I almost always run them together it'd be better to pick just one right now, if either of them.

Yep, thought about Chill Def. It would be practical for one turn clears. I'd prefer it on a cav though, since they initiate most of the times (only who initiates doesn't have B blocked with WoM). 

Another option would be Aerobatics if M!Marth would stay my red unit... and if I ever get flying Nino. 

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Alkaid Yeah, Bold Fighters shouldn't be baited (by my units at least), they need to get smacked on player phase. Hopefully FS Cordelia will help me there. Also softening DC units when babysitting a ranged bonus unit is her job. 

Exactly what you wrote: Without Reposition/Draw Back on the team H&R becomes even more situational and feels like Hit & Stumble (I'm not better in this ^^'). I'll give it another try next week, then I'll check for something else. 

Guard is the best anti BoldFighter/VengefullFighter/SteadyBreath  skill evar. I use it on my Clair and i dont give a damn what those Dragons or Armorers are useing because of Guard. It shuffles out annoying combination of Steady Breath + fighter skills. Like Zelgius Steady Breath Bold Fighter in a Ostia Pulse Team. Obviously i will initiate and i wont eat a Black Luna

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Guard is the best anti BoldFighter/VengefullFighter/SteadyBreath  skill evar. I use it on my Clair and i dont give a damn what those Dragons or Armorers are useing because of Guard. It shuffles out annoying combination of Steady Breath + fighter skills. Like Zelgius Steady Breath Bold Fighter in a Ostia Pulse Team. Obviously i will initiate and i wont eat a Black Luna

Never considered it for my units, FS Cordelia, Brave Cherche and BH!Roy are Player Phase units and would die also to a follow up without a special (i.e. Cherche against Nowi, Cordelia against Tharja and Roy against anyone). Could work on M!Marth though or later on Caeda. 

CYL2 Ephraim is ridiculous. I threw him on my Earth team with just his base kit + a dual rally and Close  Defense seal. I did a run just to see where I was at in regards to where I ranked, and it was so easy to feed him all 20 kills, and without fishing for high score I finished with 3766 with is currently rank #827. That might actually be enough to keep me it Tier 21.

He doesn't even have any merges, and my other 3 units are flyers so he isn't getting great support from them. I can only imagine how he would do with full armor support or mixed team Tactics support.

Got a new AA highscore: 5197

Don't think it'll bring me to top 3k, but I was contend with last weeks top 5k. 

Meanwhile my score in regular Arena dropped out of top 10% of tier 20 (1,998th of 3,352 in the emerge group), it'll be a close call to emerge. 

@mampfoid Awesome to see your score. Mine is quite a bit lower at 3,704 which, while still a record, isn't quite enough as I got bumped out of elevation today. I'm probably going to throw a couple of dual rallies on Lukas, Matt or Hector to see if that helps. Now that Jamke is safe HB fodder I'm good to fodder my spare Ike for Aether. I could give it to Fae so she can finally complete her build.

...Or I could give it to Nino to shoot my score up...

@Zeo Wow, you fell out already with that score? It's not much lower than mine, I'm not 100% save yet. 

Perhaps with a little boost to your score you could do it, everyone seems to be very close to each other. 

Difficult decision in whom to invest first. I'm curious if score inflation will continue at this rate, it would make it impossible to reach tier 21 with two ranged units...