Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was 100XX something in AA and made it back for tier 20, but I'm very likely to drop out so why bother this week with that mode aside from daily quests.

I need more merges, but I'm fatiqued from HM grinding. Good news is that the feathers I got from the arena modes this week were enough to finally make Draug +4.

Edited by silveraura25

52 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Do you think this week will be easier? How much easier?

My plan is basically this: in the first week to 21, I managed to be part of the "Elite", unexpectedly, meaning that in the second week the competition must have been logically weaker, as all the "best" players were gone from T20. Last season was the third week, meaning all the "Elite" from the first season that went back to T20 were again part of the people going into T21 for this season. By staying in T20 last season I should now (for the majority) face the weaker competition that went into T21 the second week, but couldn't stay there last season. The difference should be noticeable considering around 3k people are affected with the first wave and another 3k for the second wave.

I may have wasted some resources by doing this, but I think until I can be a constant T21 player I should put an effort in staying in this half of T20.5 players just to spare my nerves.

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

RNG means I ended up with about almost 10 points less in AA this week than last week despite leading out with the same team and using largely using the same teams (blessing bonus points would have varied minimally). Given that I ended up rank 9700ish with the old score, I suspect I'm going to be kicked out of the top 10k this week. It'll be disappointing to lose out on the feathers of course, but it'd also be somewhat liberating in that I lose any real incentive to do my best and can instead sandbag a bit for easier matches in future. 5063 certainly wasn't enough a week ago.

Regular arena I can't improve on from previous weeks because my team hasn't improved in value. Being that I'm about 40-50 points short of even staying in T20, it's business as usual in T19.5. 3651 improves on my high score by 2 points but that RNG and it's demotion week so the score is immaterial.

14 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Back to tier 19. Idk what I did last week that ended up dropping to tier 18. I hope I don’t make the same mistake this week.

You have a +10 B!Ike, don't you have other units with high merge levels? I would think that you would be solidly in tier 20 if not bouncing back and forth from 20 to 21.

I got all the top rewards again, even with a completely unmerged AxEphraim running his base kit + dual rally. He is so powerful, getting all 20 kills with him was a breeze. I think he got the better skills/weapon of him and Hector, but I still have yet to pull Hector.

Now that Earth season is over I have to change to my Wind team. So I will eith need to switch AxEphraim to a Wind blessing or pull a new unit to give a Wind blessing. I honestly think switching would be the best option because AxEphraim fits on my Wind team really nicely. Soleil gives Tactics buffs, Gunnthra debuffs, and Effie provides Armor duties to allow Eph to make use of Armor March and she can chip enemies with her Wary Fighter.

9 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

I just had a score of 3512 in Arena. Could this be enough to get into Tier 19?

Historically it has been enough, but it'll likely be fairly tight since the bonus kill system came in. This is especially true given how easy it is to farm kills using the CYL2 units compared to regular bonus units. I wouldn't be surprised if the cutoff is within a couple of points of that score, hopefully below.

It's been a while since my tier 19.5 days, but I'm doing the same off-week strategy of not bothering to get a good score this week as I'll surely fall back to 20. Veronica did well getting me back up to 21 pretty comfortably, but she's not scoring enough to keep me there.

Legendary Marth should be a bonus unit next season, right? Just unsure since the timing of the banners is a little awkward, and I know Gunnthra got left out before. It'd be really nice if I could use him as my bonus for the next 2 weeks, especially since I won't be pulling on the new banner.

46 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Legendary Marth should be a bonus unit next season, right? Just unsure since the timing of the banners is a little awkward, and I know Gunnthra got left out before. It'd be really nice if I could use him as my bonus for the next 2 weeks, especially since I won't be pulling on the new banner.

It will probably look similar to [LMarth/Quan/Silvia/Lewyn/Jamke/???/???/???/???/Anna] for the bonus lineup.

8 hours ago, Azuni said:

It will probably look similar to [LMarth/Quan/Silvia/Lewyn/Jamke/???/???/???/???/Anna] for the bonus lineup.

You were indeed right!

The next arena bonus rotation has been datamined:

Spoiler

L!Marth, Quan, Lewyn, Silvia, Jamke, Valter, Saber, Tailtiu, Jakob, Anna

If I didn't have Marth I probably would have used Valter.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m going to try Cecilia+10, Marth+7, Clair+1, and King Marth+1 as my team which would also double as my tactics team.
RIP Spd Tactic, though.

Oh, did I say Clair+1? It’s very definitely Clair+2. Yes, totally:
Screenshot_20180906-145039.png

I wish I had the dew to forge her weapon, though.

Also Sharena the everythingslayer is definitely bringing me back into T20 next week:
Screenshot_20180906-152914.png
This might even be my highest score ever, maybe? But it’s after the bonus unit bullshit, so it doesn’t count.

ladt week i managed to enter tier 21 again thx to veronica and AA was top 3k

This week i am actually managing to stay in tier21 it seems and will be top 3k AS again

welpbi guess i run with LMarth next week. i guess i can put him LEphraims Team he will run along his regular Marth!!!

That or i run him with Lector

Edited by Hilda

10 hours ago, Alkaid said:
  Hide contents

L!Marth, Quan, Lewyn, Silvia, Jamke, Valter, Saber, Tailtiu, Jakob, Anna

If I didn't have Marth I probably would have used Valter.

Well. . . crud. Am I going to have to actually try and use Anna to kill stuff? Oh that is going to be fun. Better bring out some Wary fighters and hope I can safely whittle folks down. Yeesh. I suppose I could try and throw together a quick and ugly Brave Bow+ Jamke instead. Or pray my free pull on the new banner will be a lucky one.

Sheesh. 3760 isn't enough to stay T21. Okay, swapping Titania out for Sigurd to squeeze out the last few points. (Aether vs. AOE special). Now rejecting matches that are worse than 740.

For next week, Quan +2 will probably be my bonus, and I'm most likely falling.

14 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m sort of looking forward to next week. Going to try out a tactics team (without Spd Tactic, sadly) for the first time:

I completely forgot Exalted Falchion has that super bonus effect, and now I realize that the next two weeks are going to be some pretty smooth sailing

I'm glad I've got LMarth for next season. I expect him to smash everything pretty easily, especially with all 4 tactics buffs on him. If I hadn't managed to pull him I'd probably be stuck running Valter, though with arena buffs he'd probably be alright as the bonus unit.