Grand Hero Battle Before Dawn: Ursula

SatsumaFSoysoy

Managed to beat Lunatic with Lucina/Hector/Camilla/F!Robin... pretty much Hector did everything, Lucina just took care of the sword cavalry because that could get rid of Hector, sadly the thieves and Ursula would easily kill Lucina if she got in range... Hector managed to dispatch of the thieves while Robin took care of Ursula.

I actually struggled to win even with Hector, so there's no reason to call him auto-win button (though mine is -DEF... not that the thieves made any damage to him anyway, but that sword horseman would kill him)

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually scratch that I just managed to beat her with Linde, Lucina, Olivia and Kagero lol. I see before it was the placement that screwed me over. This time around I placed first Kagero to bait the bottom ninja to take him out. Next turn I retreated to make sure that Linde was alone on the bottom left in range of Ursa so I could take her out, thankfully Linde managed to tank a hit. The next round Then the top ninja was in range for my Kagero to ORKO him and placed Lucina so she could tank the knight and thanks to that the cavalier couldn't attack her as well. Also luckily the knight survived with basically 1hp otherwise Lucina wouldn't be able to tank both the knight and the cavalier at the same time. Then came the last round which I just took out the knight and cavalier.

Finally did it with 5* team of lachisis lvl 26 takumi l31 peri lvl 29 and erika lvl29 thanks to Erika bonus takumi was able tk ohko the ninja and peri was able to lure the other ninja to the top and take no damage. Lachesis used for psychic healing

Edited by flare9

Finally beat it with Cain, Olivia, Cecilia and F!Robin.

Apparently the trick was to bait Ursula with Robin but not bait the ninja on turn 1, then stall the top ninja with Cecilia, then just manoeuvre within the safe spots while letting Cain kill the rest of the units.

I did it!!! And with a three star unit to boot xD

My team was 5* Leo, 5* Kagero, 4* F!Robin and 3* Subaki - Only Kagero was level 40, F!Robin was 36, Subaki was 37 and Leo was 38.

Kagero killed the first ninja, F!Robin got Ursula. Subaki did a swap to get F!Robin out of range and took the hits from the sword cavalier and the other ninja. Armour warps over to beside the cavalier so Leo gets busy. The sword unit attacks Subaki but doesn't die, stopping the armour from getting him. Leo finishes off armour, F!Robin kills sword cavalier and Kagero swoops in to oneshot that ninja, despite only being on 1 health by the end xD Wooot. So happy :D

Edit: This was on Lunatic btw. The Hard one was fine with Kagero, Roy, F!Robin and F!Corrin all doing their thing.

Edited by Cute Chao
More information to add

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I did it!!! And with a three star unit to boot xD

My team was 5* Leo, 5* Kagero, 4* F!Robin and 3* Subaki - Only Kagero was level 40, F!Robin was 36, Subaki was 37 and Leo was 38.

Kagero killed the first ninja, F!Robin got Ursula. Subaki did a swap to get F!Robin out of range and took the hits from the sword cavalier and the other ninja. Armour warps over to beside the cavalier so Leo gets busy. The sword unit attacks Subaki but doesn't die, stopping the armour from getting him. Leo finishes off armour, F!Robin kills sword cavalier and Kagero swoops in to oneshot that ninja, despite only being on 1 health by the end xD Wooot. So happy :D

Hard or Lunatic? 

6 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Growing Thunder (5-count) [AoE magic damage, reference Young Tiki/Lilina for radius]

In fact, we were wrong! Growing Thunder's AoE pattern is 7-tile-long vertical line and two tiles near the target, like this:
S66gH6k.png

P36KWFz.png

I was able to beat the 3* maps using a team of level 40 made up of Lyn, Linde, Lucina and Nowi, but I lost in 2 turn on the 4* version. I may try it again with Camilla, Elise, Eirika and Azura. Eirika and Azura are just level 32, but I hope they can support Camilla enough in order for her to solo the map (though Azura may have to take care of the Sword cav)

3 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I was able to beat the 3* maps using a team of level 40 made up of Lyn, Linde, Lucina and Nowi, but I lost in 2 turn on the 4* version. I may try it again with Camilla, Elise, Eirika and Azura. Eirika and Azura are just level 32, but I hope they can support Camilla enough in order for her to solo the map (though Azura may have to take care of the Sword cav)

Camilla will not be able to do anything to the green knight. He has 41 def, which means that Camilla will do nothing to him.

Done Hard with this team:

u2OMzN1.jpg

I basically baited the whole time. First Jakob got the Ninja at the bottom and managed to survive an attack by the cavalier and Ursula. He took out Ursula while Oboro and Lilina teamed up to kill the cavalier, while Lucina distracted the other ninja at the top corner. Then Lucina came down to take care of the knight and was in position to kill the Ninja when he ventured downwards. Oboro was Rallying Defense the whole time. 

Took a few tries... Don't think I can do it on Lunatic. But I'm fine with getting her 3* version. Probably won't even use her.

Just now, DraceEmpressa said:

O_o Subaki is that tanky? Oh, and there is the sapphire lance too... 

Honestly, I thought the ninjas would murder him right off, since I've always thought of him as delicate. On one go through, the armour did 50 damage to him, though xD The trick was not killing the sword person... which is where his pitiful attack actually helped xD I don't know his boon/bane off the top of my head, though.

16 minutes ago, Reloaded said:

How does Cecilia fare in this map? Who does she synergize with to cover the red cavalry unit? (And maybe the green armor unit too?)

Cecilia should be ok, she'd take minimal damage from the Thieves since she's not infantry and has Gronnraven. She'd probably want some flavor of Speed buff if you want her to handle the Knight though (he's got 16 Spd. Mine's only got 20, but she's from a pull and might be -Spd though, I don't remember), and I'm pretty sure Ursula doubles her (at 45 effective atk from Death Blow). Putting Sharena with her wouldn't hurt if you have her leveled, since she can handle the Sword Cav and the Def buff could cut the Thief damage on her to 0, depending on boon/bane (or if she's a full neutral from the Hero Battle map).

In other news, Nino, Eirika, Sharena, and Kagero came through for the victory on Lunatic! Yay. Had to make sure Kagero had Retribution instead of Reprisal. Brief turn-by-turn below.

Kagero needs 46 combined HP/Def to survive one Thief hit, which is really all she needs.

1. General setup to ensure that Kagero got Sharena's Def buff.

2. Kagero dropped into the range of the bottom Thief. Made sure to have Nino in range of Sharena and Eirika buffs.  She killed him on the EP leaving her with 1 HP and Reprisal active.

3. Kagero and Eirika retreated 2 spaces away, and Nino went to the top left corner to take a hit from the other Thief. Sharena remained to tank out Ursula and the Red Cavalier, who she killed.

4. Sharena/Kagero combined powers to take down Ursula. Eirika Pivoted in front of Sharena so she wouldn't get slaughtered by the Axe Knight.

5. Everyone retreated while Nino got in position to finish off the Axe Knight.

6. Axe Knight died to the power of Gronnblade.

Edited by LordFrigid

Took about 3 tries of experimentation to beat Lunatic, but I beat it. First try I tried the same thing in Lunatic as I did in hard (standard Arena Offense team of Ryoma, Nino, Olivia, Sully), but sully didn't have the durability to take the 2 ninjas in Lunatic as she did in hard (being -spd didn't help, she was getting doubled). So I switch her out for Effie. Did a bit better but then everyone was like 4 hp at the end and a poke can kill anyone. So I switch out Ryoma for Lachesis, because he wasn't really doing anything except give Nino a boost and Nino has more than enough attack power to destroy ursula regardless. So basically Nino takes out Ursula turn 1, then effie goes and chokes a point and nino manages to remove green armor from across the wall in a few turns with olivia's help and then effie just has free reign on everything else the end

12 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Cecilia should be ok, she'd take minimal damage from the Thieves since she's not infantry and has Gronnraven. She'd probably want some flavor of Speed buff if you want her to handle the Knight though (he's got 16 Spd. Mine's only got 20, but she's from a pull and might be -Spd though, I don't remember), and I'm pretty sure Ursula doubles her (at 45 effective atk from Death Blow). Putting Sharena with her wouldn't hurt if you have her leveled, since she can handle the Sword Cav and the Def buff could cut the Thief damage on her to 0, depending on boon/bane (or if she's a full neutral from the Hero Battle map).

In other news, Nino, Eirika, Sharena, and Kagero came through for the victory on Lunatic! Yay. Had to make sure Kagero had Retribution instead of Reprisal. Brief turn-by-turn below.

Hide contents

Kagero needs 46 combined HP/Def to survive one Thief hit, which is really all she needs.

1. General setup to ensure that Kagero got Sharena's Def buff.

2. Kagero dropped into the range of the bottom Thief. Made sure to have Nino in range of Sharena and Eirika buffs.  She killed him on the EP leaving her with 1 HP and Reprisal active.

3. Kagero and Eirika retreated 2 spaces away, and Nino went to the top left corner to take a hit from the other Thief. Sharena remained to tank out Ursula and the Red Cavalier, who she killed.

4. Sharena/Kagero combined powers to take down Ursula. Eirika Pivoted in front of Sharena so she wouldn't get slaughtered by the Axe Knight.

5. Everyone retreated while Nino got in position to finish off the Axe Knight.

6. Axe Knight died to the power of Gronnblade.

Is it necessary to upgrade Cecilia to 4* to finish the Lunatic map? 

6 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

31 attack? All righty then. I assume that's 100% possible even without promoting her to 5-star, so back into the training tower I guess.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

According to the wiki, Robin (F) has 33 Atk at level 40 at 4 stars, so yes it's possible with a 4-star.

For clarity, Lv40 F!Robin at 3* has 31 Atk, which meets the benchmark exactly. (I have one, for citation)

Lost to forgetting teleport skills on initial attempts, but things worked out.

On Lunatic. Used 5* Eirika, 5* +Spd/-Res (maybe mattered?) Robin(M), 4* Robin(F) (not max level but onerounds Ursula. I had her trained for Arena already), 4* Wrys (just needs Rehabilitate in theory, though not too much healing was needed in all actuality so others probably work). I think (though didn’t confirm) my +Def/-Atk Linde can do similarly as Robin(M) with Rehabilitate support, as she has the bulk to take a Ninja hit, doesn’t put enemies below half to allow their teleports, and has raw Atk to match Bonfire damage. Other mages may work as well. Eirika's (Spd) buff helped but I don't actually think it was that crucial for benchmarks in the end (but things would need to change for skill timings). Robin(F)/Wrys/Lissa are from special maps.

-Rearrange so both Robins get Eirika’s buff
-Robin(M) in bottom Ninja’s range. +Spd with Eirika’s buff is not doubled. A different Boon might still work, but would have to mix things up a bit. But more about Bonfire timing than damage though, due to Rehabilitate. Didn’t explore that path much tho. Robin(F) in Ursula’s range. Eirika to top left corner. Leave room for Robins to move back.
- Ninja is chipped and Draw Backed by Red Cav. Ursula dies.
- Robin(F) retreats out of range. Robin(M) chips Green Armor. Wrys heals Robin(M)
- Top Ninja hits Eirika. A non-infantry unit is better but just needed her to take 1 hit which she easily does with 35 Spd to avoid the double. Bottom enemies break wall. 
- Robin(F) finishes Green armor with Ignis charged from Ursula fight. Robin(M) attacks Red Cav. Eirika moves out of range
- Red Cav chips Robin(M). bottom Ninja attacks Robin(M), who finishes with Bonfire. Top Ninja moves down.
- Heal Robin(M), finish Cav. Keep others out of range.
- Finish last Ninja in next turns. 

Didn't read previous posts but a neutral defense, M Robin takes 0 damage from the ninjers on hard mode. He can also be good help with the red guy and get some clean potato chip on the green armored guy.

They should have renamed this grand hero battle to "Game of Tomes".

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Thanks @SatsumaFSoysoy, the Olivia & Lissa combination worked wonders for nice hit-and-run healing! Robin removed Ursula and then the axe armour in two turns. Effie was an army of one a one-woman steam engine of destruction, ridding the map of the thieves and the sword cavalier one by one.

Hide contents

6hZdpdr.png

Hide contents

CrhAor5.png

Hide contents

PX5SGE9.png

Yay me and my girls!

Barring varying IVs and perhaps rarities, I have those 4 units! What are the strats and what order did you have the units in? If you can remember, that is.

Is this even beatable without a green mage on lunatic? I've been getting super unlucky with green mage pulls and I won't have time to train up the free Cecilia in time. I've got Kagero and MRobin for the ninjas but that is pretty much it.

3 minutes ago, hunty said:

Is this even beatable without a green mage on lunatic? I've been getting super unlucky with green mage pulls and I won't have time to train up the free Cecilia in time. I've got Kagero and MRobin for the ninjas but that is pretty much it.

Try a healer and Olivia with M Robin and then someone (red) else for the ax dude. That should be enough.