Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

According to the datamine, max rank is actually 20.

Ah that's cool. I'm still gonna make my rank10 celebration thread though. It's gonna be awesim.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

It's just the Minerva fans seem awfully...excitable. So long as you aren't actually getting your hopes up too high. Though it does seem like bad design that the finals can be Wyvern vs. Wyvern in a Wyvern vs. Pegasus battle.

I mean, I'm, excited. Maybe there's 2 or 3 other people as hyped as I am but I'm sure everyone knows that beating Camilla isn't gonna be easy pickings. I wish it was, but it ain't.

And dems da breaks! 

Gosh, I'm falling behind on 5876 rank with 63700 points right now. I wonder if anyone knows the ideal number of flags to stay at the 1000 - 5000 range for Minerva's group.

Anyway, I don't know why no one mentioned this, but I sure wish there is a rank filter or a way to reliably view rankings, so I can see the number of flags for the 5000th rank, or the 100th rank, or even looking at your friend's allegiance and rank.

Edited by Lyrai

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

With dignity.

Never have I ever seen so much said in 2 words.

4 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Anyway, I don't know why no one mentioned this, but I sure wish there is a rank filter or a way to reliably view rankings, so I can see the number of flags for the 5000th rank, or the 1000th, etc. for setting up goals.

It's a tactic to convince you to spend all your flags. For what reason I honestly don't know. Maybe they figured there would be forums like this so people would know how it works. At 3,100 I'm ranked 27,191

10 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Gosh, I'm falling behind on 5876 rank with 63700 points right now. I wonder if anyone knows the ideal number of flags to stay at the 1000 - 5000 range for Minerva's group.

Anyway, I don't know why no one mentioned this, but I sure wish there is a rank filter or a way to reliably view rankings, so I can see the number of flags for the 5000th rank, or the 100th rank, or even looking at your friend's allegiance and rank.

I'm rank 4578 with score 76330, if that helps. 

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It's a tactic to convince you to spend all your flags. For what reason I honestly don't know. Maybe they figured there would be forums like this so people would know how it works. At 3,100 I'm ranked 27,191

Grrrr, that reeks! (Makes Oboro's angry face)

I just don't like that kind of tactic. But sigh, you have a good point. Fine, I guess I'll have to spend an extra 100 flags for sleeping so soundly yesterday.

Edit: Thank you, Robert! ... 150 flags then. Q_Q

Edited by Lyrai

31 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Wow, how are you guys going to react when Minerva loses?

Huh? What? I don't understand the question. MINERVA NEVER LOSES.

15 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Thanks! I've been thinking of doing just that, since I typically have been baiting arrows with george anyway, to trigger darting blow / desperation. My Minerva was +attack - speed, so I didn't think that the life or death would have put her in quite the crazy as other builds. I have renewal as her B skill, and I should probably swap that with something else as well.

When you said "defensive build," you weren't kidding! Renewal 3, Iote's Shield, and Holy Vestments. Wow! You have a nice Minerva! Spur Def and Draw Back are really nice as well. Those are both nice passives.

With that set-up, I think the most obvious skill to go would be Holy Vestments, followed by Iote's Shield. I'm certainly not going to ask Minerva to tank arrows, and certainly not enough to activate Holy Vestments. Renewal 3 is nice though, it gives her an option to tank a turn, retreat, and heal up. The "retreat and heal" options are really nice with her "Draw Back" skill.

Of course, this is all overkill, as these matches mostly aren't that hard (some are though). But what can I say? You have one super sexy Minerva. *puts shades on*

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

It's just the Minerva fans seem awfully...excitable. So long as you aren't actually getting your hopes up too high. Though it does seem like bad design that the finals can be Wyvern vs. Wyvern in a Wyvern vs. Pegasus battle.

We're not excitable. You're excitable! WE'RE NOT EXCITABLE, MINERVA IS JUST THAT AWESOME DON'T BE RIDICULOUS AND THROW OUT RANDOM UNSUBSTANTIATEDABLE ACCUSATIONS... *remembers to breathe (if only for a moment)* RALLY BEHIND THE ONE TRUE HERO OF THIS GAUNTLET OR ELSE FACE DINVIEN RATHE OR SIMTHANG CANT BREETHE SO EXCITED *dies*

Spoiler

This is all just for fun, we're honestly just a playful bunch...

Spoiler

PREPARED TO DIE FOR OUR CAUSE

6 minutes ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

Especially considering Macedon lost several wars in a row, it's fitting.

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Can you give me 3 good reasons why you had to spoil the mood? 

No, you can't.

You could surely try but you will not succeed. Why are you trying to dampen our morale? Who's team are you on? COME ON MAN!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Grrrr, that reeks! (Makes Oboro's angry face)

I don't like that kind of tactic. But sigh, fine, I guess I'll have to spend an extra 100 flags for sleeping so soundly yesterday.

If you're a robot like me you'll never have to worry about sleep

Has team Minerva reached 1 billion points yet? Team Cordelia is almost there... ;-;

Yup, it's safe to say that despite the amount of effort we're putting in...

Spoiler

... I simply see no way to beat Camilla. I'm sorry. It had to be said.

40 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Yeah, Michalis is pretty strong. He's quite good in the right team, and against the right enemies. His lack of passive skills limits his utility a little bit though. With the random teammates, I seem to be getting a lot of Minerva's, so I often present Michalis as a sacrificial pawn, since Minerva is stronger and it's the LEAST he could do for her after what he did in the games...!

How's my Sharena working out for you? (Assuming you've been getting her.) She's a strong blue, and Rally Attack and Fortify Def are useful even if the team she's facing is stacked against her. I also had her inherit Quick Riposte, which makes her a useful lure (assuming she's no hit from a distance first).

Thats funny. With all the Minerva's I'm seeing, I've yet to actually get one. That being said, I should prolly get back into teh fray. Its been a few hours...

She hasnt shown for me yet, but I'll be on teh look for her!

Just now, Falcom said:

Has team Minerva reached 1 billion points yet? Team Cordelia is almost there... ;-;

Yup, it's safe to say that despite the amount of effort we're putting in...

Yes. As of this hour, Minerva is sitting at exactly 1.085.528.880 points.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Can you give me 3 good reasons why you had to spoil the mood? 

No, you can't.

You could surely try but you will not succeed. Why are you trying to dampen our morale? Who's team are you on? COME ON MAN!!!!!!

Three?! Bit greedy asking for three, don't you think? Good grief!

But let's go ahead and take it a step further. Macedon is always at its greatest when it's facing adversity. Whether it's throwing off the shackles of slavery or rebuilding after the machinations of a tyrant.

Spoiler

Though this particular tyrant looks better in a bikini than Gharnef.

3 minutes ago, Astellius said:

When you said "defensive build," you weren't kidding! Renewal 3, Iote's Shield, and Holy Vestments. Wow! You have a nice Minerva! Spur Def and Draw Back are really nice as well. Those are both nice passives.

With that set-up, I think the most obvious skill to go would be Holy Vestments, followed by Iote's Shield. I'm certainly not going to ask Minerva to tank arrows, and certainly not enough to activate Holy Vestments. Renewal 3 is nice though, it gives her an option to tank a turn, retreat, and heal up. The "retreat and heal" options are really nice with her "Draw Back" skill.

Of course, this is all overkill, as these matches mostly aren't that hard (some are though). But what can I say? You have one super sexy Minerva. *puts shades on*

Well, I'm happy you liked her! It definitely sets mine apart from the rest of the YOLO variants, lol. Make her feel more unique, more "mine" but minerva is all mine none of you can have her

I was actually worried that people would be disappointed to team with her, so this makes me happy to hear - I hope she can help everyone to victory! For Macedon!

(As an aside, I also gave her Iote's shield as a throwback to the games themselves, as she has to "beat" her brother to get it :p)

2 hours ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Wow, that's a good read you have there. That's a pretty great analysis if I say so myself!

Hah thanks man. =w= I try ><

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

This could still be considered emotional abuse and manipulation. Still a big "no" for me.

That's true, and I get where you're coming from! Like I said earlier, she's definitely the type of person who's more interesting to watch as a third party (at least, speaking for myself), but the kind you'd probably not want to interact with in person. 

7 minutes ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

Reveal hidden contents

Though this particular tyrant looks better in a bikini than Gharnef.

She probably does XD

11 minutes ago, Astellius said:

We're not excitable. You're excitable! WE'RE NOT EXCITABLE, MINERVA IS JUST THAT AWESOME DON'T BE RIDICULOUS AND THROW OUT RANDOM UNSUBSTANTIATEDABLE ACCUSATIONS... *remembers to breathe (if only for a moment)* RALLY BEHIND THE ONE TRUE HERO OF THIS GAUNTLET OR ELSE FACE DINVIEN RATHE OR SIMTHANG CANT BREETHE SO EXCITED *dies*

Reveal hidden contents

This is all just for fun, we're honestly just a playful bunch...

Reveal hidden contents

PREPARED TO DIE FOR OUR CAUSE

I wish I could be as enthusiastic as you. But alas, I've been deemed "annoying". I can only say so much without going too far. I feel like my support for my one and only queen leader isn't enough anymore :(

*cries self to sleep*

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I wish I could be as enthusiastic as you. But alas, I've been deemed "annoying". I can only say so much without going too far. I feel like my support for my one and only queen leader isn't enough anymore :(

*cries self to sleep*

I honestly don't find you annoying, I think its refreshing to see someone supporting their team as much as you do.  If we go by in game logic, you would be recruiting enemy units left and right.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

*cries self to sleep*

Want a slice of watermelon? I don't remember if Tsubaki is going against Minerva next round, but either way maybe you should take a slice so you can get ready to stomp team Tsubaki or something.