Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Where is everyone getting these ideas that she's pretty and attractive?  A large bust does not automatically make one beautiful.  If anything, her wildly non-proportional measurements make her seem more grotesque than anything else.  She lacks the cuteness of many FE females, as well as the stately dignity of others.  Even disregarding her "bad girl" mannerisms, her looks are average--at best--for females in the series.  Combine that with her personality, and I would absolutely say she's unattractive.

As for her usefulness in Heroes, she's certainly not useless (though irritating unless you play with the sound off), but she's hardly an auto-include unit.  I used her for a while because she was the only 5-star, green unit I had, but now that I've gotten a Merric up to level 40, she's pretty much benched permanently (barring having need for her in a task, or something, of course).

...Do you only look at boobs when you look at a girl? Camilla has a good figure even outside her 'assets,' long flowing hair tends to be attractive to a lot of people, and her face is also good.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Where is everyone getting these ideas that she's pretty and attractive?  A large bust does not automatically make one beautiful.  If anything, her wildly non-proportional measurements make her seem more grotesque than anything else.  She lacks the cuteness of many FE females, as well as the stately dignity of others.  Even disregarding her "bad girl" mannerisms, her looks are average--at best--for females in the series.  Combine that with her personality, and I would absolutely say she's unattractive.

As for her usefulness in Heroes, she's certainly not useless (though irritating unless you play with the sound off), but she's hardly an auto-include unit.  I used her for a while because she was the only 5-star, green unit I had, but now that I've gotten a Merric up to level 40, she's pretty much benched permanently (barring having need for her in a task, or something, of course).

Well, attractiveness can be a very subjective thing, although some combined aspects may be considered attractive by more people. In any case, I would imagine a lot of people, myself included, would consider Camilla attractive. Even if she wasn't wearing incredibly "impractical" clothes, I would believe her to be attractive. Very briefly going into what I think makes her attractive, as I think that can be an incredibly subjective subject, she has a nice figure and looks. I wouldn't call her cute, but she's got that more sexy/sultry thing going on. I personally think Fates lacks in attractive females, but I think Camilla is definitely one of them.

As for usefulness, in Heroes I use her, and she's pretty good, but of course there are better units. In terms of Conquest, I'd almost consider her an essential in the higher difficulties, from when she joins.

In terms of personality, yeah she's a little messed up, and the game doesn't do a good job on explaining why, but I personally feel like her doting personality works for her. I'd say it's definitely better than if she was like Charlotte (who I also kind of like), excluding the gold digging. That's what I'd think, anyway. I could probably go on, but this some of the reasons for why I like Camilla.

Edited by Frenzify

The other fliers lost before they the gauntlet even began. This is because of the Spring Banner. Most Heroes players are casuals and might not have much attachments to any char at first. But when you make a Summoning movie, gave her out in the very first banner and also release a promotional alt version in a Bunny suit that char is bound to be more than the other flyiers.

8 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Where is everyone getting these ideas that she's pretty and attractive?  A large bust does not automatically make one beautiful.

I'm only concerned for the children who play this game. Not to mention she likes hot tubs which is . . . . . . Interesting.

Even her confession when you raise her to 5 star level 40 is a little, "suspect". Here's one part in particular: 

That makes me want to just squeeze you to death! 

I mean we just met though. Like seriously, buy me a drink first! Another "interesting" quote:

You may always rest your head in my lap.

ewww cooties

9 minutes ago, XhenD said:

People get annoyed if you're cheerleading for Minerva over and over again. Instead, you should pretend to be like Camilla's biggest fan. People will be like "screw you I'm voting for Minerva!"

That same annoying thing is the reason why I've been trying to tone it down a tad.

And reverse psychology is a legit strat, but that's not for me.

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

...Do you only look at boobs when you look at a girl? Camilla has a good figure even outside her 'assets,' long flowing hair tends to be attractive to a lot of people, and her face is also good.

I don't know, her face is good but it's not really anything special. Certainly not special enough for her to have as many fans as she does, at least. I question how different (if at all) things would be if Hinoka was the one with big boobs while Camilla was flat, or if Hinoka was Nohr sister while Camilla was a Hoshido sister.

... Then again, I'm probably not the best person to say whether I find Camilla's face is good looking to guys or not, on account of not being one.

27 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Wait, @Arcanite, you were trying to be subtle?! Well, gotta say, your subtlety needs work, you've achieved an 11/10 spectacular failure to be "subtle"! :P But who needs subtlety when you have a Hauteclere?!

I'm tier 9 too, I started a few days late, so the first season didn't go too well. I also looked you up, to realize you already added me from when I posted my ID earlier in this thread, and that I've apparently been using your Michalis in several battles, haha.

Beast mode, amirite?

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

All that and combine it with the fact that Camilla, an otherwise.... "Physically Captivating" individual, apparently has the hots for the player (as IS would like us to THINK the avatar is) and its practically a shoe in

4 hours ago, Silith13 said:

It feels like Cherche is trying to chill with Beruka and Subaki considering her points are just about equal to theirs.

She surprisingly doesn't seem to have a lot people on her team.  I think they all went to Cordelia or Camilla

2 hours ago, Skids said:

The stuff you sacrifice when you have to sleep and go to work. Sorry team Cherche, I'm loyal but need to be sane about things. Last night I was rank in army 20 and my total rank 255.  Right now it drop down to Rank in army 56 and total rank 1003.  Time to claw my back in top 50 and 1000 again.

I totally feel.  I was sitting in the top 500 before I went to sleep and school, now I was out in the 1,000 range when I finally got my phone out.  Cherche may not have a lot out there, but the ones who play really play it.

1 hour ago, Ledrert said:

Maybe Caeda can stand a chance. Or not. Don't know.

She absolutely does!!!!!  She is the best! IMO of course.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Nope. To me it'd be Caeda. She's from Marfs game and that to me is the only way it could ever work.

Lucina impersonated Marf 

Caeda loves Marf

Marf and Caeda are shipped

Caeda now stands a chance.

I approve of this message!  Caeda is my favorite flyer ever!  And essentially the only Pegasi rider I liked better than the wyvern riders.

43 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Now I'm actually rather curious.  How many of the Western audience has played FE7 vs how many have played FE1 or its remake?

When it comes to availability, I will say I have seen the DS version of Shadow Dragon far more often than I have seen Blazing Blade.  I've only played FE7 through Gameboy Rom while I actually have a copy of Shadow Dragon, if that tells you anything.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't know, her face is good but it's not really anything special. Certainly not special enough for her to have as many fans as she does, at least. I question how different (if at all) things would be if Hinoka was the one with big boobs while Camilla was flat, or if Hinoka was Nohr sister while Camilla was a Hoshido sister.

... Then again, I'm probably not the best person to say whether I find Camilla's face is good looking to guys or not, on account of not being one.

For what it's worth, my daughter is ##TeamCamilla all the way, because she really likes her hair, probably above all else. (well that, and my daughter is Nohrian scum Masterrace because of bias since she picked Conquest to play with me. It makes a great game to practice reading with~~ )

Just now, Elieson said:

For what it's worth, my daughter is ##TeamCamilla all the way, because she really likes her hair, probably above all else. (well that, and my daughter is Nohrian scum Masterrace because of bias since she picked Conquest to play with me. It makes a great game to practice reading with~~ )

Bro, isn't your daughter like 5 or something? She's definitely on a different wavelength from most Camilla supporters!

3 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

When it comes to availability, I will say I have seen the DS version of Shadow Dragon far more often than I have seen Blazing Blade.  I've only played FE7 through Gameboy Rom while I actually have a copy of Shadow Dragon, if that tells you anything.

Shadow Dragon and Blazing Blade are both on Virtual Console. It's how I played them. Same goes for Sacred Stones though if you weren't an ambassador, I think it took a while for SS to get released to the public.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Bro, isn't your daughter like 5 or something? She's definitely on a different wavelength from most Camilla supporters!

She's seven now!  That my be, but as far as I'm concerned, from a super basic level, if Camilla can appeal to little kids, there's reason why she can appeal to grown adults, teenagers...all sorts of demographics. I like Camilla because she's not Hinoka, personally :D

Just now, Elieson said:

She's seven now!  That my be, but as far as I'm concerned, from a super basic level, if Camilla can appeal to little kids, there's reason why she can appeal to grown adults, teenagers...all sorts of demographics. I like Camilla because she's not Hinoka, personally :D

Damn, time sure flies

Well, I do have to agree with you that Hinoka sucks, although my more accurate opinion is that both Camilla and Hinoka suck. My biggest issue with Camilla is her personality, really. I don't really see her as being a doting mother figure, but more as a smothering mentally unstable woman who would destroy the people she claims to love to keep them close to her. Actually, if I had a maternal figure like Camilla, I'd run far away.

If anyone would like a Minerva for their team (more defensively based one, I run Iote's Shield over Life & Death), my FC

Running Minnie as my leader for the duration of the gauntlet, as I am staunchly team Minerva.

14 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I approve of this message!  Caeda is my favorite flyer ever!  And essentially the only Pegasi rider I liked better than the wyvern riders.

But but but she is a wyvern rider when she promotes

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

3 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Running Minnie as my leader for the duration of the gauntlet, as I am staunchly team Minerva.

Ah fully comitted. I like that.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Ah fully comitted. I like that.

Yes - she's one of my favorite FE characters of all time, so I'm going ham. Now I just need actual friends so my contributions have more of a punch

I'm currently sitting on 1,100 flags - will those roll over in to the next round? I was hoping to save them for the final, or when needed.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Ahem,

Any particular reason?

1. She defies me as being capable of taming a Pegasus, given the lore of how Pegasi choose their rider
  2. She's too hot-headed for my liking
  3. I don't particularly like her hair style
  4. Her reaction in BR Ch24's end seems really strange, given the thought that she was about to die and given a lease on life
  5. She has...retainers in which I question
  6. Statistically speaking, Axes > Lances and therefore Camilla > Hinoka
  7. The localization can't even categorize her Pegasus as Male or Female with consistency, and this irritates me a lot even though I know it's not her character's fault
    1. 759a6e85c5.png
    2. 4c31cb894e.png

1 hour ago, JJ48 said:

Now I'm actually rather curious.  How many of the Western audience has played FE7 vs how many have played FE1 or its remake?

FE7 was my first Fire Emblem and I adored it, though I only managed to beat the game once. I loved Sacred Stones nearly as much when it came out due to liking the easier gameplay but missing the awesome characters and your interactions with them from FE7. I bought Shadow Dragon on 3DS and couldn't get through it. Too many of the mechanics confused and frustrated me. Pretty sure I got to the chapter where Minerva is in the castle and you have to seize it and/or win her over.

14 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

But but but she is a wyvern rider when she promotes

I know I know!  The very first time I played, I thought something was wrong with my game that she was supposed to still be on a pegasus.  Wait, if all flyers become Wyvern Riders Does that mean Minerva was a pegasus knight too?

6 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

FE7 was my first Fire Emblem and I adored it, though I only managed to beat the game once. I loved Sacred Stones nearly as much when it came out due to liking the easier gameplay but missing the awesome characters and your interactions with them from FE7. I bought Shadow Dragon on 3DS and couldn't get through it. Too many of the mechanics confused and frustrated me. Pretty sure I got to the chapter where Minerva is in the castle and you have to seize it and/or win her over.

Pretty much the whole goal of Shadow Dragon was to seize the castle, Minerva joined you once you saved Maria

Edited by Anime27Arts

1 minute ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Yes - she's one of my favorite FE characters of all time, so I'm going ham. Now I just need actual friends so my contributions have more of a punch

I'm currently sitting on 1,100 flags - will those roll over in to the next round? I was hoping to save them for the final, or when needed.

I'll request you :)

Yes they carry over, I'm saving all of mine for last round so I'll blast 3,000+ right up in there

1 minute ago, Elieson said:
  1. She defies me as being capable of taming a Pegasus, given the lore of how Pegasi choose their rider
  4. Her reaction in BR Ch24's end seems really strange, given the thought that she was about to die and given a lease on life
  7. The localization can't even categorize her Pegasus as Male or Female with consistency, and this irritates me a lot even though I know it's not her character's fault

Seems legit

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:
    1. 759a6e85c5.png
    2. 4c31cb894e.png

I don't even like Camilla for the reasons quoted below, but I like Hinoka even less for the reasons listed above ESPECIALLY the pegasus gender confusion. (Also thanks for quoting it because I knew it was messed up in one of her supports but couldn't find which one)

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, I do have to agree with you that Hinoka sucks, although my more accurate opinion is that both Camilla and Hinoka suck. My biggest issue with Camilla is her personality, really. I don't really see her as being a doting mother figure, but more as a smothering mentally unstable woman who would destroy the people she claims to love to keep them close to her. Actually, if I had a maternal figure like Camilla, I'd run far away.

3 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I know I know!  The very first time I played, I thought something was wrong with my game that she was supposed to still be on a pegasus.  Wait, if all flyers become Wyvern Riders Does that mean Minerva was a pegasus knight too?

According to lore, yes she was :)

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I'll request you :)

Yes they carry over, I'm saving all of mine for last round so I'll blast 3,000+ right up in there

Thank you! :D

2 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

According to lore, yes she was :)

Isn't there a Cipher card that has a Pegasus Rider Minerva? I thought I saw one listed somewhere for sale but didn't know if it was legit or not.

I'm still fighting for Cherche to the bitter end but gosh though points are really low. :(

1 minute ago, Liliesgrace said:

Isn't there a Cipher card that has a Pegasus Rider Minerva? I thought I saw one listed somewhere for sale but didn't know if it was legit or not.

Yeah there is! It's pretty, although it's a little strange seeing her on a pegasus, to be sure lol

Team Minerva! I reopened the heroes app just to support her (my 10 flags and I will die for her) I will support her until she's knocked out and probably put the app away for a while after.

alright but if Catria was in this...

Edited by Limstella