Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

35 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

Okay, I've settled down. I'll let fate decide (no pun intended). If either Leo or Merric face off against Henry, I'll support them. If they're paired against each other I'll just flip a coin or something miss you Joshua. Also I'm promising myself not to pull before Celica banner, whatever the temptation IS throws in my way, ignore it I shall!
There. Done it. Moving along now.

I have a feeling the matchups are going to correlate to which units are across from one another on the banner... Plegia mages (RIP Henry), Archanean nobles, mages of royalty (Sanaki/Leo), and draconic avatars (Julia/Robin) are what the matchups will be, if the banner image we've seen and the matchups from the previous gauntlets are anything to go by.

Should that be the case, I might actually go Team Henry first... That poor boy needs some love anyway. As for the other matchups, the 3DS folks will probably take it due to their higher player base, though not sure who'd take it between Linde and Merric.... probably Linde, given as she's not only stronger in general but also has had her own focus by now. (Assuming those ARE the matchups ofc if not who knows)

Edited by BANRYU

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I have a feeling the matchups are going to correlate to which units are across from one another on the banner... Plegia mages (RIP Henry), Archanean nobles, mages of royalty (Sanaki/Leo), and draconic avatars (Julia/Robin) are what the matchups will be, if the banner image we've seen and the matchups from the previous gauntlets are anything to go by.

Should that be the case, I might actually go Team Henry first... That poor boy needs some love anyway. And TBQH, the other three matchups (again, assuming this is correct) actually seem pretty tough to call; of the three, Robin > Julia seems like the most apparent one but even then who knows.

Oh... OH! I was working under the assumption they would go back to the first gauntlet pairings style(females on one side, males on another). Whatever gave me that impression?
Ouch, and now I'm starting to sympathize with Henry too. No easy way out, huh?

1 minute ago, r4v1sh said:

Oh... OH! I was working under the assumption they would go back to the first gauntlet pairings style(females on one side, males on another). Whatever gave me that impression?
Ouch, and now I'm starting to sympathize with Henry too. No easy way out, huh?

That could also be a possibility, in which case... uhh... who would it be... I think Linde VS Sanaki, Julia VS Tharja, Merric VS Leo and Robin VS Henry yeah?

I mean really who knows ~3~

8 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Its funny, the only two teams people really want me to join are Julia and Leo, and yet no one is really telling me to join Robin?

The peer pressure is real. Where is my self control when I need it? lol

I'd like for you to join team Robin or team Sanaki, but I mostly want you to choose a side you REALLY want to be on :P:

Edited by Sunwoo

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

Should that be the case, I might actually go Team Henry first... That poor boy needs some love anyway. As for the other matchups, the 3DS folks will probably take it due to their higher player base, though not sure who'd take it between Linde and Merric.... probably Linde, given as she's not only stronger in general but also has had her own focus by now. (Assuming those ARE the matchups ofc if not who knows)

I'd be really sad if that were the case, since Julia and Robin are the teams I like most, and I really don't want either to be forced out in Round 1 (nor do I want to make either side burn flags). 

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I'd like for you to join team Robin or team Sanaki, but I mostly want you to choose a side you REALLY want to be on :P:

Sunwoo's a real one, y'all

43 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Sunwoo's a real one, y'all

We both are real as well, remember, Michalis? We chose Minerva because we like her, so...

We might have different opinions on this next voting gauntlet though. But we'll always follow on who we love, and not "bandwagons". You can count on it. :)

Edited by Lyrai

Not going to lie, I'm actually quite salty that Elibe has not had a single rep for all 3 gauntlets so far.

I think I'll join Team Julia though. I don't have any of the gauntlet units on me right now since I sacrificed the ones I did have for SI (RIP Robin, Tharja, Merric and Henry). not like I would have supported them anyways

Edited by Korath88

8 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Not going to lie, I'm actually quite salty that Elibe has not had a single rep for all 3 gauntlets so far.

Welp, they got a bunch of characters (according to some people) so they don't get to be in the gauntlets XD

14 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Apparently, you're a real boy. 

@Arcanite - I've been at the nail art for HOURS. I will get there though. For Leo!

You seem to be more devoted than me on this one!

Though I probably would have made a bungee jumping wager by now :P

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Welp, they got a bunch of characters (according to some people) so they don't get to be in the gauntlets XD

You seem to be more devoted than me on this one!

Though I probably would have made a bungee jumping wager by now :P

Jeez, no. Not bungee jumping. I have a fear of heights. Especially after experiencing hardcore airplane turbulence. Without a seat belt. Airplane bathrooms need seat belts yo.

I'll stick to more simplistic activities for bets. Don't blame me if the beef stew is no good by the time it arrives at your place though. 

I love how everyone has been going on about Thaja, but don't realise that M!Robin is one of the most popular awakening males. As popular as Tharja? Eh... I really don't know, but if she wasn't in it would people be claiming he'd be the one to steamroll the competition? In any case, gotta go with my favourite dark mage... And now to go check if I even have her so I can promote her.

42 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

I love how everyone has been going on about Thaja, but don't realise that M!Robin is one of the most popular awakening males. As popular as Tharja? Eh... I really don't know, but if she wasn't in it would people be claiming he'd be the one to steamroll the competition? In any case, gotta go with my favourite dark mage... And now to go check if I even have her so I can promote her.

If the CYL event is anything to go by, Tharja is easily more popular then Robin though. Tharja placed third of the females with 29k votes, while Robin placed 8th among the males with 14k votes. Furthermore, Leo and Henry placed respectivly 10th and 11th both with about 12k votes, meaning they should have a decent chance against Robin.

With the number of awakening character in this, I can imagine Henry doing a bit worse then one would expect, but I think Leo at least can give Robin a run for his money. If the males are all placed on one side of the bracket it might become a pretty close call.

On the female side I don't think any of them are that popular apart from Tharja, but since they are all from the era before the 3ds games, most fans of the older games will gather around them. I'm very intrested in how this gauntled will turn out, although I'm pretty sure the final at least will be Tharja vs Leo/Robin with Tharja winning.

9 hours ago, Lyrai said:

We both are real as well, remember, Michalis? We chose Minerva because we like her, so...

We might have different opinions on this next voting gauntlet though. But we'll always follow on who we love, and not "bandwagons". You can count on it. :)

While you're not wrong, that's besides the point. What I mean is that, aside from myself Sunwoo's the only one (to my knowledge anyway) in this thread to encourage someone else to pick a team that they actually like, as opposed to trying to gain as many supporters as possible for who they like. Its one thing to do it yourself, but says a whole lot more when you encourage others to do the same. If that aint real, I dunno what is

But of course! Thats the fun of it after all [:

9 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm a real what?

Its moments like these where I gotta remember that not everyone understands my slang :>_<: Urban Dictionary is your friend

Spoiler

62f67083ac.png

9 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Airplane bathrooms need seat belts yo.

This is Reason #2 of why i don't use the bathroom on an airplane

9 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I'll stick to more simplistic activities for bets. Don't blame me if the beef stew is no good by the time it arrives at your place though. 

I was really looking forward to it too

7 hours ago, Frenzify said:

Oh look! its Frenzify!

I'm not really surprised you'd go team Tharja since you said you'd honor your "Assassin" by going to madame bust XD

Just now, Lucıůs said:

Is it ideal to spend orbs on this banner? I feel so tempted to pull for Linde, Sanaki, and Leo. :^(

Right now I only have 22 orbs left lol

It hasn't even started yet. I'm going to blow all my orbs on Julia. The Empress of Grannvale deserves everything.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

This is Reason #2 of why i don't use the bathroom on an airplane

Couldn't get around it. It was a LONG flight.

The nails dont like me XD. I will get it though.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I feel almost left out on these threads since my favorite is usually either the designated "villain" (Lucina) or just doesn't get much attention (Cordelia, Robin).

Don't feel left out. Join in!

Lucina was no villain. She was just so obviously popular that people knew she would win.

Robin's had some support here, already. Shout out his name to the stars and then join Team Leo anyway!